• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Charleston vs Valley

Started by BigCatMan, March 05, 2014, 01:28:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigCatMan

Can't believe there hasn't been more talk of this subject with these two teams and all of their supporters throughout the year. I have no dog in this fight but wouldn't miss this game... Any thoughts? Valley could make some noise here.

BananaHands501

What impact are Charleston's football players? Hasn't Valley beaten Charleston before?

BigCatMan

Quote from: BananaHands501 on March 05, 2014, 01:38:47 pm
What impact are Charleston's football players? Hasn't Valley beaten Charleston before?
I would say significant. They are big and very physical but, in all, the team could really use a few sharpshooters to open the lanes up.

cdelaney

Quote from: BigCatMan on March 05, 2014, 01:28:57 pm
Can't believe there hasn't been more talk of this subject with these two teams and all of their supporters throughout the year. I have no dog in this fight but wouldn't miss this game... Any thoughts? Valley could make some noise here.
Charleston by 20+

WPWells

Charleston's football players:
Chance Shelby: guard, quick, gets out in transition, best defender, X factor for the Tigers
Taylor King: point guard, runs the offense well
Ty Storey: great athlete, physical, compliments Smith well, good mid-range touch
Hayden Newhart: dangerous from the soft spot, another 6'4" kid that can jump out if the gym

Players that were there the first time
Matthew Ward: best player on the court, shooter, driver, ultra talented. Better not foul him either because he doesn't miss free throws
Andrew Smith: 6'7". Can bang with anyone, developed post moves
Brandon Fenner: freshman, incredible shooter, his substitution can open up the entire offense for Ward

Hogwild#9

WildcatGrandpa13

Charleston is looking to make a statement first game of state at home to show what they are capable of in this tournament. Chuck by 18

BananaHands501

Granny4two

Tigerbeast01

Are boys win by 12, we will wear them out by the 4th

Bergman1820

My Prediction:
Valley Springs 61
Charleston 56

Head Lion

Quote from: vstigerz on March 05, 2014, 07:21:25 pm
My Prediction:
Valley Springs 61
Charleston 56
Tigers 62-46. LOL

Bergman1820

BananaHands501

Ask yourself this one question - Who can stop Valley Springs??????????/

ZoneBuster

Quote from: Tigerbeast01 on March 05, 2014, 07:20:28 pm
Are boys win by 12, we will wear them out by the 4th

Which boys "are" you referring to?

Depth is not an issue for VS. They play 10 guys nightly. I think fatigue was an issue for the C Town tigers last game (yes, I know they were missing 3 key guys)

DownTown14

Valley by 4 in OT  :o . I think that coach Taylor has had too much time to prepare his team for this Charleston group. I remember when his Rose Bud team played at north arkansas college and they beat the favors of the tournament that year first round. Charleston is very good, but I believe the green and white stripes prevail at the end of the game. Good luck to both teams!

chuckBB

You can eat your words on Friday.

chuckBB

Tigerbeast01

I'm referring to the tigers, ur right are depth was an issue because are football players was on the road to a state championship so they couldnt play, but u will see Friday.

PilotKnob

The interesting subplot of this game is I know of at least 3 of the Valley boys who are big Arkansas football fans and go to the games and such. They're playing against a kid in this game who will likely be the Arkansas Razorbacks starting QB in 3 years.

TractorBoy7

Wish I could be at this one. I got Chuck town but Im hoping it will be a good game from all the hype I heard about Valley earlier this season.

Bergman1820

March 06, 2014, 09:46:14 am #21 Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 09:50:21 am by vstigerz
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on March 06, 2014, 09:48:23 am
My guess is because the guy who does the radio broadcast is the one who will announce the tournament

I can't believe the Charleston radio station(KDYN) isn't carrying this game. I saw on the AAA Website where they filled out the stuff to carry their tournament games. I called the radio station and was told since they are home games they aren't carrying them, but if they make it to the finals they would carry that one. Thanks for that. Lol

WPWells

My guess is because the guy who does the radio broadcast is the one who will announce the tournament

ZoneBuster

Quote from: Tigerbeast01 on March 06, 2014, 07:32:36 am
I'm referring to the tigers, ur right are depth was an issue because are football players was on the road to a state championship so they couldnt play, but u will see Friday.

Before you refer to them as "the" tigers in a game with the same mascot, the said "tigers" might need to win a state championship in basketball first.

Just my opinion.

Tigerbeast01

Quote from: ZoneBuster on March 06, 2014, 11:27:59 am
Quote from: Tigerbeast01 on March 06, 2014, 07:32:36 am

Before you refer to them as "the" tigers in a game with the same mascot, the said "tigers" might need to win a state championship in basketball first.

Just my opinion.
ok charleston tigers and what I was saying is 3 of the 5 starters where on the football team, so why do u people thank that this even close to the same team u played before.

ZoneBuster

Still, y'all play 7 players. If Depth and fatigue is an issue I would imagine it would be for y'all, that was my point way back when. I obviously can't tell the future though.

And your key "star" players played last time.

BigCatMan

Gotta go with the hotter team right now. I say Chucktown pulls away in the 4th. Valley hasn't finished strong lately.

neds

I think he will ref their game and can't do both

TeeLee

Quote from: vstigerz on March 06, 2014, 09:46:14 am

I can't believe the Charleston radio station(KDYN) isn't carrying this game. I saw on the AAA Website where they filled out the stuff to carry their tournament games. I called the radio station and was told since they are home games they aren't carrying them, but if they make it to the finals they would carry that one. Thanks for that. Lol

Charleston has a radio station?? That's news to me, I've never seen it.

Bergman1820

Quote from: TeeLee on March 06, 2014, 11:39:34 pm
Quote from: vstigerz on March 06, 2014, 09:46:14 am

Charleston has a radio station?? That's news to me, I've never seen it.

Sorry they are located in Ozark,Ar, but carry Charleston games. Better?

centralarkansasbasketball

Is this game going to be on the internet live?

Bergman1820

Quote from: centralarkansasbasketball on March 07, 2014, 10:14:43 am
Is this game going to be on the internet live?

As far as I know it's not going to be.

chuckBB

Quote from: BananaHands501 on March 05, 2014, 09:45:19 pm
Ask yourself this one question - Who can stop Valley Springs??????????/
Have a safe trip home. Well played by Tennyson.

DownTown14

Charleston has a good team, enough height and athleticism to compete. Tennison had a great game, I'm ready to see where he decides to go. Does anyone know where the Ward kid is thinking of going?

chuckBB

Far as I know, he is going to Charleston school next year to finish his senior year. If you are asking about his college prospects, I heard that he is being pursued by few colleges for both baseball and basketball but his parents are all about academics because he is very bright. I am very curious where he will decide to go also.

Bergman1820

Congrats to Charleston on the win! Congrats to Valley Springs on a season that made your school and fans proud!!! Go Tigers!!!

FreeMoney

Good season Valley!!! What do they return next year?

its me

ZoneBuster

Free money, their main bench scorer is about it. Gonna be a young team next year.

Moonshiner

Quote from: chuckBB on March 05, 2014, 11:11:10 pm
Quote from: BananaHands501 on March 05, 2014, 03:10:08 pm
Charleston recruits.
And?

Are you admitting that it happens, or just saying there's nothing legally or ethically wrong with it?

chuckBB

Quote from: Moonshiner on March 08, 2014, 09:41:06 am
Charleston recruits.
And?

Are you admitting that it happens, or just saying there's nothing legally or ethically wrong with it?
That means I don't care what you think.

Moonshiner

Quote from: chuckBB on March 08, 2014, 02:46:21 pm
Charleston recruits.
And?

Obviously you do

chuckBB

Quote from: Moonshiner on March 08, 2014, 04:34:05 pm
Quote from: chuckBB on March 08, 2014, 02:46:21 pm
Charleston recruits.
And?

Obviously you do
Obviously you think you possess such a great power to read my mind. Best jab you can make about Charleston is we recruit.... If we did, what are going to do about it? and would you sit there agree with me if I deny it? The statement about Charleston recruiting is lame as you stating that you have ten toes. And? Is that all you have? Good players wants to be around other good players. Not like Charleston principal promised a cow for each student transferred to Charleston. Should Charleston turn away good athletes because we are worrying about what you think of us? We welcome whoever wants to come to Charleston.

Bring your kids. We will welcome them and your kids will love us.

TeeLee

Are you people claiming that Charleston recruits from Valley Springs?  If so, put your rocks down before you brake your glass house. I have 3 grandchildren, 2 girls & 1 boy that went to or still in Valley school.  Guess where they live--Harrison.  Go take a head count of your own school and see how many are from out of you district.  But, I still love them just the same.  :)

Moonshiner

I couldn't  care less for Charleston or Valley. If you recruit it's illegal.  I never said Charleston recruited.  Someone else did. If they move in on their own so be it.  Just seemed like you were ok with the practice of recruiting Chuck.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas