• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rivercrest Boys

Started by TopFan007, March 02, 2014, 01:56:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pit Bull

Ivy League don't offer ath­letic schol­ar­ships, but this does not mean that they can't pro­vide finan­cial aid. In fact, all of the Ivys have a blind admissions-financial aid process, which ben­e­fits the stu­dent ath­lete. = Smart Kid Full Ride...

ISU7

Quote from: Pit Bull on March 04, 2014, 07:17:30 am
A lot of thing to be said about the Bulldogs on a Rivercrest topic, ISU7 normal sarcasm, Oldman always got jokes, but real Bulldogs don't have to talk crap about being a nation, we just kick as, consistently... I'm a true Bulldog, I wore the cardinal and white for the Dogs, ran the 15 linedrills every practice under Coach Barker, was at the 2 adays grinding for Norwood-Maxwell-Tim's, sprinted the 550-440-330-220-110s everyday of Coach Scafie's Track practice, so I know to be a Bulldog Athlete you've got to have a ton of heart but that hard work ethic tradition carries on even today. Every year there are at least 5-8 very talented kids that are left behind and off the teams because they have poor work ethics and can't maintain the physical fitness, but this is why we are competitive year in and year out in every sport, that's why we have 7 BBall titles, work ethic, we don't just let a kid on the team because they are talented, they've got to work cause it ain't no THEE Cats in the Dogpound point blank... The people carrying on this Nation crap aren't even from the Pound, they haven't even hooped at the proving grounds "The Chain!" If you walked through Earle today and ask the average Joe about the "Nation" the would refer you to Louis Farrakhan and the FOI or Larry Hoover and the Disciple Nation, not the high school hoop squad, so please stop confusing these kids with the nonsense that we true Earlites try to steer them away from... If you what to understand our true basketball essences, do a documentary of "The Chain" this is where all of the 7 Titles began, these are good kids that just want to Hoop... We don't need players from other places to be successful, if they come to town and they are eligible, they can work like everyone else to try to get on the team. But we have so many basketball players in out community that I can take a team of kids from the park that don't even play on the school team and beat most teams in the state of Arkansas every year...
It's cold out but the drugs are heated up in Earle...lol 8)

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Pit Bull on March 05, 2014, 09:30:35 am
Ivy League don't offer ath­letic schol­ar­ships, but this does not mean that they can't pro­vide finan­cial aid. In fact, all of the Ivys have a blind admissions-financial aid process, which ben­e­fits the stu­dent ath­lete. = Smart Kid Full Ride...
soooo the track coach getting him there means he is the one who made him smart? heck of a track coach.

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: Pit Bull on March 05, 2014, 04:35:36 am
Yep, was the Junior and High School Assistant Football and Head Track Coach for years, in fact I believe that he has at few state titles in track, I know of 2 at least 85 and 89, won District nearly every year, sent one long distant sprint on a full ride to Yale and overall one of the Best Coaches that I have ever worked hard for...

I had no idea. I know that he taught me math in 8th grade, but that was at Marion. I just assumed he had always been there.

Pit Bull

Quote from: MarionBlueDevil on March 05, 2014, 04:14:05 pm
Yep, was the Junior and High School Assistant Football and Head Track Coach for years, in fact I believe that he has at few state titles in track, I know of 2 at least 85 and 89, won District nearly every year, sent one long distant sprint on a full ride to Yale and overall one of the Best Coaches that I have ever worked hard for...

I had no idea. I know that he taught me math in 8th grade, but that was at Marion. I just assumed he had always been there.

Yea, Scaife, Clay, Eugene Hardin all got their starts in Earle...

Bodyguard

Quote from: Oldman on March 05, 2014, 01:02:54 pm
Quote from: Pit Bull on March 05, 2014, 09:30:35 am
soooo the track coach getting him there means he is the one who made him smart? heck of a track coach.

I know that you're a funny ole guy but I didn't get that from what Pit was saying. Scafie work to make sure that an outstanding student athlete reached his full potential and made the connections possible. You know how many coaches could care less about the kids after they are done with their program? Well Scaife has always worked hard to put kids on the next level. So yes he was one heck of a coach.

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: Pit Bull on March 05, 2014, 08:23:39 pm
Quote from: MarionBlueDevil on March 05, 2014, 04:14:05 pm

Yea, Scaife, Clay, Eugene Hardin all got their starts in Earle...

I knew about Clay and Hardin. Hardin won him a ring as head basketball coach I believe.

Dogg

Coach Scaife started in 77 and Hardin in 78

neds

They get to put the Smack Down on ECS next

BigCatMan

Quote from: neds on March 06, 2014, 05:30:53 pm

Did you forget that they still have to WIN today??? Give the Fork a little bit of credit here.

ISU7

Quote from: BigCatMan on March 07, 2014, 08:45:45 am
Quote from: neds on March 06, 2014, 05:30:53 pm

Did you forget that they still have to WIN today??? Give the Fork a little bit of credit here.
Im from RiverCrest and i say +1

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas