• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rivercrest Boys

Started by TopFan007, March 02, 2014, 01:56:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TopFan007

What kind of a team are they this year? Play style? I saw a lot about them playing Valley, anyone have any info on them?

ISU7

Quote from: TopFan007 on March 02, 2014, 01:56:47 pm
What kind of a team are they this year? Play style? I saw a lot about them playing Valley, anyone have any info on them?
Fast pace. lot's of pressure.

bobcats

Quote from: ISU7 on March 02, 2014, 02:19:33 pm
Quote from: TopFan007 on March 02, 2014, 01:56:47 pm
Fast pace. lot's of pressure.

#24 can flat out play.  He is only 5'9" but is a difference maker.  They don't make it out of the first round of regionals without him.

MarionBlueDevil

Rivercrest is gonna be fine. So long as they don't run into The Nation at any point during the state tournament.

cdelaney

Quote from: MarionBlueDevil on March 02, 2014, 04:33:51 pm
Rivercrest is gonna be fine. So long as they don't run into The Nation at any point during the state tournament.
The Nation?

chuckBB

I was wondering who Nation is, also....

Head Lion

Quote from: chuckBB on March 02, 2014, 07:58:57 pm
6 people at your road games don't qualify for a Nation.

GreyColt

March 02, 2014, 08:08:50 pm #7 Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 08:23:17 pm by GreyColt
 ;D

coltmom#10

Quote from: Head Lion on March 02, 2014, 08:02:16 pm
If your cheerleaders are there, they have plenty!  :) :)

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: cdelaney on March 02, 2014, 06:37:29 pm
The Nation?

The Nation that laid the smackdown in Wilson in January and again on Friday night. Ring any bells?

Dogg

7 State Titles in Rounball Does!
The Lions travel well, how many state titles do they own.

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: Dogg on March 02, 2014, 09:05:14 pm

They don't want to hear about that. They only want to talk nonsense about some other, less-decorated program.

I don't know if Earle can win the whole thing, but if they do, then they may as well fold 2A for the next four years because it may get ugly.

horsepower1324

Interesting if Cedar Ridge wins 2A again and Earle wins 3A, then the State Champions will basically be traded.

cdelaney

Quote from: MarionBlueDevil on March 02, 2014, 08:51:22 pm
Quote from: cdelaney on March 02, 2014, 06:37:29 pm
The Nation?

The Nation that laid the smackdown in Wilson in January and again on Friday night. Ring any bells?
Not for me, but guess I opened up can of worms for NE AR rivals.  I know Earle has great tradition and great team this year also, just wondered about the "Nation" thing. Sorry for bringing it up!

Pit Bull

We're not a Nation, we're just a Dogpound...

Paperman

Dog Pound Nation Pit Bull  ;D

BoxNOne

I don't care who you are, that's funny. LOL literally!

Dogg

What he meant was we travel with 7 titles

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Dogg on March 03, 2014, 03:47:59 pm
and they are
1. earle
2. dogs
3. bulldogs
4. world champs
5. nation
6. da nation
7. west memphis jr. varsity and suspended university

ISU7

March 03, 2014, 04:44:32 pm #19 Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 04:46:11 pm by ISU7
Quote from: Oldman on March 03, 2014, 04:10:43 pm
and they are
1. earle
2. dogs
3. bulldogs
4. world champs
5. nation
6. da nation
8. They play redshirt seniors sometimes and don't know nothing about it.....lol Marion Bluedevils ;D 8)

Paperman

Now ISU7  ;D! That was uncalled for! lol 8)

ISU7

Paperman im tryna stay free bro, I was always told the truth shall set you free. WELL in this country SOMETIMES...lol Im replying to Marion BD post early he made about smacking down The  2013-14 3-3A  ;D 8) Conference and District Champs RiverCrest..

Head Lion

Quote from: Dogg on March 02, 2014, 09:05:14 pm
3, and 11 straight state tournaments in baseball. As I look at my conference baseball schedule, I can not find the Dogs on there anywhere.

Head Lion

Quote from: ISU7 on March 03, 2014, 04:44:32 pm
and they are
1. earle
2. dogs
3. bulldogs
4. world champs
5. nation
6. da nation
8. They play redshirt seniors sometimes and don't know nothing about it.....lol Marion Bluedevils ;D 8)
You also forgot to mention the Chicago connection. They leave there after playing varsity for 4 years and come to Earle and play 3 more.

ISU7

Dogg

Maybe the Lions should try it. We are not on the schedule for baseball nor are the Lions participating in the Bulldog Relays.
Thanks Head Lion for one of the greatest memories in the Nations Basketball History.
Beating Manila like a drum for a State Title in basketball. Unforgettable!   ;D ;D

Dogg

Quote from: Head Lion on March 03, 2014, 05:05:17 pm
and they are
1. earle
2. dogs
3. bulldogs
4. world champs
5. nation
6. da nation
You also forgot to mention the Chicago connection. They leave there after playing varsity for 4 years and come to Earle and play 3 more.
the lions had a guard on the runner up team that earle blew out in the finals that was elderly was he not?

Head Lion

Quote from: Dogg on March 03, 2014, 07:19:57 pm
Quote from: Head Lion on March 03, 2014, 05:05:17 pm
and they are
1. earle
2. dogs
3. bulldogs
4. world champs
5. nation
6. da nation
the lions had a guard on the runner up team that earle blew out in the finals that was elderly was he not?
I don't believe so, but do know we have pretty much instituted a red shirt program. I coach our young squads and we have at least a couple of redshirts on each squad. Plus we got cheated that game. You know if we lost, we must have got cheated. I actually will miss our rivalry, even though we have been on the short end to much. They were some throw down wars and what high school basketball is all about. Ya'll don't lose that chip on the move to 2A and take care of business. Good luck to the Dogs this week and always remember who the last in the conference to beat them was them LIONS!

Dogg

Head Lion

MarionBlueDevil

Sorry to have hijacked a thread that started off about the Rivercrest Colts into another thread about Bulldog Nation.

Pit Bull

A lot of thing to be said about the Bulldogs on a Rivercrest topic, ISU7 normal sarcasm, Oldman always got jokes, but real Bulldogs don't have to talk crap about being a nation, we just kick as, consistently... I'm a true Bulldog, I wore the cardinal and white for the Dogs, ran the 15 linedrills every practice under Coach Barker, was at the 2 adays grinding for Norwood-Maxwell-Tim's, sprinted the 550-440-330-220-110s everyday of Coach Scafie's Track practice, so I know to be a Bulldog Athlete you've got to have a ton of heart but that hard work ethic tradition carries on even today. Every year there are at least 5-8 very talented kids that are left behind and off the teams because they have poor work ethics and can't maintain the physical fitness, but this is why we are competitive year in and year out in every sport, that's why we have 7 BBall titles, work ethic, we don't just let a kid on the team because they are talented, they've got to work cause it ain't no THEE Cats in the Dogpound point blank... The people carrying on this Nation crap aren't even from the Pound, they haven't even hooped at the proving grounds "The Chain!" If you walked through Earle today and ask the average Joe about the "Nation" the would refer you to Louis Farrakhan and the FOI or Larry Hoover and the Disciple Nation, not the high school hoop squad, so please stop confusing these kids with the nonsense that we true Earlites try to steer them away from... If you what to understand our true basketball essences, do a documentary of "The Chain" this is where all of the 7 Titles began, these are good kids that just want to Hoop... We don't need players from other places to be successful, if they come to town and they are eligible, they can work like everyone else to try to get on the team. But we have so many basketball players in out community that I can take a team of kids from the park that don't even play on the school team and beat most teams in the state of Arkansas every year...

Bodyguard

NEark tigers

Quote from: Dogg on March 03, 2014, 07:03:49 pm
Maybe the Lions should try it. We are not on the schedule for baseball nor are the Lions participating in the Bulldog Relays.
Thanks Head Lion for one of the greatest memories in the Nations Basketball History.
Beating Manila like a drum for a State Title in basketball. Unforgettable!   ;D ;D

I know Manila will not put Earle on the basketball schedule for the 2014-2015 year. Beatin Manila into submission in the 2010 championship was indeed a thing a beauty.

NEark tigers

Quote from: Pit Bull on March 04, 2014, 07:17:30 am
A lot of thing to be said about the Bulldogs on a Rivercrest topic, ISU7 normal sarcasm, Oldman always got jokes, but real Bulldogs don't have to talk crap about being a nation, we just kick as, consistently... I'm a true Bulldog, I wore the cardinal and white for the Dogs, ran the 15 linedrills every practice under Coach Barker, was at the 2 adays grinding for Norwood-Maxwell-Tim's, sprinted the 550-440-330-220-110s everyday of Coach Scafie's Track practice, so I know to be a Bulldog Athlete you've got to have a ton of heart but that hard work ethic tradition carries on even today. Every year there are at least 5-8 very talented kids that are left behind and off the teams because they have poor work ethics and can't maintain the physical fitness, but this is why we are competitive year in and year out in every sport, that's why we have 7 BBall titles, work ethic, we don't just let a kid on the team because they are talented, they've got to work cause it ain't no THEE Cats in the Dogpound point blank... The people carrying on this Nation crap aren't even from the Pound, they haven't even hooped at the proving grounds "The Chain!" If you walked through Earle today and ask the average Joe about the "Nation" the would refer you to Louis Farrakhan and the FOI or Larry Hoover and the Disciple Nation, not the high school hoop squad, so please stop confusing these kids with the nonsense that we true Earlites try to steer them away from... If you what to understand our true basketball essences, do a documentary of "The Chain" this is where all of the 7 Titles began, these are good kids that just want to Hoop... We don't need players from other places to be successful, if they come to town and they are eligible, they can work like everyone else to try to get on the team. But we have so many basketball players in out community that I can take a team of kids from the park that don't even play on the school team and beat most teams in the state of Arkansas every year...
Pride, Hard Work, and Discipline= Ph.D.

NEark tigers

Now back to Rivercrest............

They will take care of business against West Fork, and ECS better watch out.

cdelaney

Quote from: NEark tigers on March 04, 2014, 10:37:02 am
Now back to Rivercrest............

They will take care of business against West Fork, and ECS better watch out.
I bet ECS will watch out for every team they play, as should everyone else. In looking over the brackets, there are only a couple of teams that would be a complete surprise if they win in 1st round, and after that there will be no easy outs for anyone. For some reason I still am sticking with my theory that the #1 seeds are the 4 best teams, but like most I have not seen very many of the others outside of our own conference; and a pretty good team can beat a very good team with a few breaks, hot shooting, etc.
It always takes a little luck to get to the finals of any basketball tournament.

Paperman

The weather delay has caused quite a few problems, more than just delaying the start of the tournaments. Here in South Mississippi County, the kids can't get to the gym to practice, some teams haven't practiced since last Monday. It makes me think they might be at a disadvantage when things eventually get started Thursday, if that does indeed happen. Hopefully it will. I can only hope the layoff is not a negative for these young people.

NEark tigers

Quote from: Paperman on March 04, 2014, 06:08:35 pm
The weather delay has caused quite a few problems, more than just delaying the start of the tournaments. Here in South Mississippi County, the kids can't get to the gym to practice, some teams haven't practiced since last Monday. It makes me think they might be at a disadvantage when things eventually get started Thursday, if that does indeed happen. Hopefully it will. I can only hope the layoff is not a negative for these young people.
I worry about the same thing. But our 3A-3 teams should be ready to roll.

luxora4life

March 04, 2014, 06:38:51 pm #39 Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 06:50:14 pm by luxora4life
Quote from: Paperman on March 04, 2014, 06:08:35 pm

Not all kids, D. Brown was in the gym yesterday and in about a hour will be back in there tonight.  #puttinginwork

Bodyguard

So have games been pushed back to Thursday? If so it was a good call...

Head Lion

Lady Lions have practiced 2 hours a day last 2 days. Thanks for the prayers to all, CS just had a deep knee bruise and the mother nature has given her the time to be back 110%.

luxora4life

Quote from: Head Lion on March 04, 2014, 07:16:58 pm
Lady Lions have practiced 2 hours a day last 2 days. Thanks for the prayers to all, CS just had a deep knee bruise and the mother nature has given her the time to be back 110%.

That's good. 

NEA Razorback olfan

Great to hear!!

Head Lion

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on March 04, 2014, 07:28:02 pm

Great to hear!!
Best of luck to the both Brookland squads!

NEA Razorback olfan

Thanks HL,
Girls have a tough pg girls team first round. Boys have either Bauxite or Lincoln .

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: Pit Bull on March 04, 2014, 07:17:30 am

Coach Scaife? Not John Scaife?

Pit Bull

Yep, was the Junior and High School Assistant Football and Head Track Coach for years, in fact I believe that he has at few state titles in track, I know of 2 at least 85 and 89, won District nearly every year, sent one long distant sprint on a full ride to Yale and overall one of the Best Coaches that I have ever worked hard for...

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Pit Bull on March 05, 2014, 04:35:36 am
Yep, was the Junior and High School Assistant Football and Head Track Coach for years, in fact I believe that he has at few state titles in track, I know of 2 at least 85 and 89, won District nearly every year, sent one long distant sprint on a full ride to Yale and overall one of the Best Coaches that I have ever worked hard for...
the ivy league doesn't give athletic scholarships.

Pit Bull

Quote from: Oldman on March 05, 2014, 08:10:43 am
Quote from: Pit Bull on March 05, 2014, 04:35:36 am
the ivy league doesn't give athletic scholarships.

Michael Jackson of Earle Full Ride was academic but he was recruited because of his Atheletism in Track and Field... He had a full ride when he left Earle to attend Yale....

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas