• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1a/2a Mixed Conferences

Started by HorseFeathers, September 13, 2016, 09:15:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

As there is a lot of confusion about the new classes/conferences thought I'd post them here for all of us

Alpena
Arkansas Arts Academy
Decatur
Eureka Springs
has hall Bentonville
Kingston
Omaha
st paul

Bruno-Pyatt
Deer
Jasper
Lead Hill
Mt Judea
st Joe
western Grove

Calico Rock
Cotter
Flippin
Izard County
Mammoth Spring
Norfork
Salem
Viola

Crowley's Ridge Academy
HillCrest
Marmaduke
Maynard
Rector
Ridgefield Christian
Sloan-Hendrix

County Line
Hackett
Hartford
Lavaca
Mountainburg
Mulberry

Danville
hector
magazine
oark
Scranton
Western yell
J.C Westside

Bigelow
Conway Christian
Guy-perkins
Mt. Vernon-Enola
Nemo Vista
Quitman
Sacred heart
Southside Bee Branch
St Joseph
Wonderview

Concord
Midland
Pangburn
Rural Special
Shirley
Timbo
West Side Greers Ferry

Augusta
Bradford
Brinkley
Des arc
McCrory
Palestine-Wheatley
White County Central

Armorel
Bay
Buffalo Island Central
Cross County
Earle
EPC
Kipp: Blytheville
marked Tree

Acorn
Caddo Hills
Kirby
Mount Ida
Oden
Umpire

Academics Plus
Avilla Christian
Cutter Morning Star
Magnet Cove
Mountain Pine
Ouachita
poyen

Abundant Life
Carlisle
Clarendon
England
hazen
Jacksonville Lighthouse
Lisa Academy NORTH
marvell

Blevins
Dierks
Foreman
Mineral springs
Murfreesboro
Spring Hill
Trinity Christian

Bradley
Emerson
Camden Harmony Grove
Lafayette County
Nevada
Parkers Chapel
Sparkman
Taylor

Bearden
Dermott
Hampton
Hermitage
Rison
Strong
Woodlawn

HorseFeathers

September 13, 2016, 09:15:37 pm #1 Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 07:24:48 pm by HorseFeathers
Post Season Districts
2A-2
Buffalo Island Central
Cotter
East Poinsett County
Flippin
Marked Tree
Marmaduke
Salem
Sloan-Hendrix

2A-3
Augusta
Brinkley
Carlisle
Clarendon
Cross County
Des Arc
Earle
Hazen
McCrory
Palestine-Wheatley

2A-4 West
Arkansas Arts Academy
Danville
eureka Springs
Hackett
Magazine
Lavaca
Mountainburg
J.C Westside

2A-4 East
Bigelow
Conway Christian
England
hector
Jacksonville Lighthouse
Pangburn
Quitman
St Joseph
White Co. Central

2A-7West
Blevins
Caddo Hills
Cutter Morning Star
Foreman
Magnet Cove
Mountain Pine
Murfreesboro
Poyen

2A-7East
Bearden
Camden Harmony Grove
Lafayette county
Parkers Chapel
Rison
spring hill

RedWolf275

That #10 mixed whatever you want to call it is easily the toughest. Both 1A and 2A state champs are in it along with several more good 2A teams.

OB11

Quote from: RedWolf275 on September 15, 2016, 01:45:09 pm
That #10 mixed whatever you want to call it is easily the toughest. Both 1A and 2A state champs are in it along with several more good 2A teams.

Can't imagine Armorel or KIPP: Blytheville is looking forward to the season. 

AT

Arkansas Arts Academy is only a quiz bowl school correct?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Almatrackster on September 15, 2016, 07:12:42 pm
Arkansas Arts Academy is only a quiz bowl school correct?

probably so...no athletics mentioned on their school site. But they are listed on the basketball conferences....So..maybe they intended to start an athletics program?

AT

Quote from: HorseFeathers on September 15, 2016, 07:23:26 pm
probably so...no athletics mentioned on their school site. But they are listed on the basketball conferences....So..maybe they intended to start an athletics program?

Yes, I was curious myself.

JC-Westside vs. Hector is a pretty good conference opener in girls basketball isn't it?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Almatrackster on September 15, 2016, 07:39:37 pm
Yes, I was curious myself.

JC-Westside vs. Hector is a pretty good conference opener in girls basketball isn't it?

depends on if hector wants to play basketball of softball lol

Mustangfans

I thought the exact same thing. I just looked at my daughters ball schedule and we play all the teams we've always played except for Kipp Blytheville. I believe they are a new school. Regular season for us will be the same as always.

bluegrassboy75

Mustangfans,

I bet you're really looking forward to going to Cotter for Sr. High District Tournament.

bdubyab60

All those teams should be battle tested for sure

Missco

Even if their weren't mixed conferences. The district's would still be the way they are aligned for the current cycle. If conferences weren't mixed then schools like BIC and Marmaduke would have conference games at Cotter, Salem, Sloan Hendrix, etc...The problem is having only 48 schools in AA. Arkansas has way too many classes. People hate change especially at non-fb schools. Redrider is always gripping about the combined conferences. The real gripe should be only having 6 districts. Let's be honest even in these mixed conferences especially in A/AA and AAA/AAAA the schools are still about the same size in the grand scheme of things.

Head Lion

I agree on this, in a state our size, 4 divisions is plenty. Top 24 schools would be 4A, next 48 would be 3A, 72 in 2A and around a 100 for A. With this formula, we would not have to big of a difference in enrollment compared to any state. Arkansas having 7 divisions waters down the accomplishments of everyone and really proves the ONLY reason  to do it is MONEY for the AAA.

Central Ark

In every one of your classifications, the largest school would be double the numbers of the smallest school. Don't think that is the way to go.

Mustangfans

Quote from: bluegrassboy75 on September 27, 2016, 12:12:09 am
Mustangfans,

I bet you're really looking forward to going to Cotter for Sr. High District Tournament.
Didn't even realize districts where going to be held there. Going to be some upset fans when everyone figures it out. Dang bluegrass, you got me down before the season ever started. Lol

dentist15

Quote from: Head Lion on September 28, 2016, 10:34:18 am
I agree on this, in a state our size, 4 divisions is plenty. Top 24 schools would be 4A, next 48 would be 3A, 72 in 2A and around a 100 for A. With this formula, we would not have to big of a difference in enrollment compared to any state. Arkansas having 7 divisions waters down the accomplishments of everyone and really proves the ONLY reason  to do it is MONEY for the AAA.

+1 ,   I wholeheartedly agree with that entire post (though I am a little partial to 5 divisions, since that was what I grew up watching and playing)

bluegrassboy75

Quote from: Mustangfans on September 30, 2016, 12:41:22 am
Didn't even realize districts where going to be held there. Going to be some upset fans when everyone figures it out. Dang bluegrass, you got me down before the season ever started. Lol

LOL

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news on that.  The really bad thing is if Flippin bids and gets Regionals, then you're headed that way two weeks in a row.  I don't know of any schools in the other Conference that will be able to hold Regionals.

Head Lion

Quote from: dentist15 on September 30, 2016, 07:58:19 am
+1 ,   I wholeheartedly agree with that entire post (though I am a little partial to 5 divisions, since that was what I grew up watching and playing)
I'm good with 5, but 7 is to many.

MikelB

Quote from: Mustangfans on September 30, 2016, 12:41:22 am

How and when did they decide where district will be held?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: MikelB on October 03, 2016, 12:43:55 pm
How and when did they decide where district will be held?

School furthest from everyone else gets to host everything

redrider30

October 04, 2016, 09:19:51 am #20 Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 09:22:12 am by redrider30
As for as hosting regional tournament bluegrass. I believe that Marmaduke, BIC and Sloan Hendrix will all be able to host a regional tournament. Marmaduke has hosted several regionals and several state tournaments including two of the last four 2A state tournaments. BIC has also hosted several regional tournaments and also a state tournament. Sloan Hendrix has hosted the regional tournament also on more than one occasion. Carlisle in the other district has also hosted state and regional tournaments so I believe there will be other options than just Flippin.

redrider30

As for me gripping about the new setup. I believe AAA fixed a problem that didn't exist with most 2A schools. The reason for this was for travel and it made it worse for smaller schools. I do agree that there needs to be fewer classes within the state but the problem is with the larger schools that don't have enough schools not 4A down. I also agree that they should have left 8 conferences and 4 regionals but we'll see how that works.

bluegrassboy75

Quote from: redrider30 on October 04, 2016, 09:19:51 am
As for as hosting regional tournament bluegrass. I believe that Marmaduke, BIC and Sloan Hendrix will all be able to host a regional tournament. Marmaduke has hosted several regionals and several state tournaments including two of the last four 2A state tournaments. BIC has also hosted several regional tournaments and also a state tournament. Sloan Hendrix has hosted the regional tournament also on more than one occasion. Carlisle in the other district has also hosted state and regional tournaments so I believe there will be other options than just Flippin.

I agree, I was talking worse case situation for the schools in NEA. The 2A-2 conference has many places that will be big enough for regionals and they would all do a fine job hosting it, this includes Flippin.  The only gym in this conference that I've never set foot in is Salem's.  I know first hand that BIC, Sloan, Marmaduke & Flippin could host and have all hosted Regional tournaments in the past. 

redrider30

If AAA had any sense they would give the region to one of the schools over here this year since the district is at Cotter and next year give it to Flippin since district will be over here. But they aren't very smart so there no telling what will happen.

HoopKing

This was done to all the schools and the other district is a long way from Marmaduke. I would guess that Carlisle will bid so you may traveling all the way to central arkansas for the regional.  They will have a pretty good senior girls team this year. 

Bildo

Saying "If the AAA is smart..." is like saying they will put the tournament where it makes sense. The AAA will sell it to the highest bidder... if you want to give them 100% or more of the gate... you MIGHT be able to host. I'm sure there have been exceptions in the past but if there are numerous schools who wish to host, theybetter get the checkbook out

redrider30

Everyone bids 100% gate. AAA does not permit people to bid 100% + more money so it all just comes down to where they want the tournaments to be. I just hate all the travel for fans from everywhere and it is a financial hardship for some people, as for traveling to play it doesn't seem to bother our players. In 2015 our last home game was at the end of January and we were on the road for 6 weeks. I guess that worked out alright.

redrider30

It looks like there are 5 possibilities for the regional. Carlisle, BIC, Marmaduke, Sloan Hendrix and Flippin assuming all these schools bid. I can assure you Marmaduke will bid on the Regional and probably state, if we don't get it we will be more than happy to go to any of the other schools. Hosting these tournaments is a big workload not only for the school but the entire community. This is why a lot of times schools who have the facilities still don't bid. It takes a lot of volunteer help.

NeaBaller21

Riverside girls over Marmaduke 52-41

b-ball fan

Does anyone know how the regional tournaments will be broken up? With only 6 districts will there only be 12 teams in the state? I appreciate anyone who can point me to this info? Thanks in advance

redrider30

Apparently the AAA hasn't decided which districts will be matched up unless they have in the decided in the last week. I heard that a 3a coach called a couple of weeks ago and they couldn't tell him. Ridiculous that the season has started and nobody knows who is going to be in their region.

bluegrassboy75

Quote from: redrider30 on November 03, 2016, 08:36:32 am
Apparently the AAA hasn't decided which districts will be matched up unless they have in the decided in the last week. I heard that a 3a coach called a couple of weeks ago and they couldn't tell him. Ridiculous that the season has started and nobody knows who is going to be in their region.

I asked a 3A coach in NEA and he told me that the 3A-3 was still with the 3A-1East.
I've been told that conference 2A-2 will be matched up with 2A-3.
I also asked a 2A coach about the State tournament.  It will be a 12 team tournament like 4A is.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bluegrassboy75 on November 03, 2016, 11:08:02 am
I asked a 3A coach in NEA and he told me that the 3A-3 was still with the 3A-1East.
I've been told that conference 2A-2 will be matched up with 2A-3.
I also asked a 2A coach about the State tournament.  It will be a 12 team tournament like 4A is.

Would assume the 4East will pair with the 4West...and the 7East and 7West will pair up as well...

playmaker04

So how will you be seeded for district tournament?

HorseFeathers

BigLion10

HorseFeathers

lionfan59

Donnie Jamon

How is Hampton 1A in basketball but 2A in football? 

HorseFeathers

Because their enrollment puts then in 1a....but 1a doesn't have a football division...

Mr. Trill

I'm so lost on conference, district, regionals, state and all the above when it comes to 1A and 2A. I don't know what has changed. I doubt the AAA Website help, I probably still will be lost

bluegrassboy75

Quote from: Mr. Trill on December 14, 2016, 02:24:19 am
I'm so lost on conference, district, regionals, state and all the above when it comes to 1A and 2A. I don't know what has changed. I doubt the AAA Website help, I probably still will be lost

For the regular season, they have been combined into Districts.  These could have a combination of 1A & 2A schools depending on geographic locations.  Once the regular season is over the teams will go back to their assigned classifications and play a Conference tournament.  It is possible that you have teams in your "conference" that are not in your "district" and will not play them in the regular season.  Then from there, the top 4 teams from the Conference tournament will advance to the Regional tournament and the top 4 from Regional will advance to the State tournament.

Hope this helps.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas