• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A North Regional @ Sloan-Hendrix

Started by ASURedWolf6, February 21, 2016, 03:38:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ASURedWolf6

February 21, 2016, 03:38:13 pm Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 08:35:48 pm by HF
BOYS BRACKET

GIRLS BRACKET

Regional match up

Girls
#1, 2a-2 Salem vs #4, 2a-3 Riverside...Salem wins this one. I think they are too much for Riverside and Riverside might be a year or two away from winning this game.
#1, 2a-3 Earle vs #4, 2a-2 Walnut Ridge...Earle wins by double digits. That freshman they got is a difference maker for sure, but she could not play and Earle would still be the favorites in this one.
#2, 2a-2 Tuckerman vs #3, 2a-3 Marmaduke...Marmaduke is not the Marmaduke of last year or the state runner up team of 2013, IMO. However, they did win the conference.. Again. They are a good team and I think they win this one. Best game of the 1st round in girls.
#2, 2a-3 EPC vs #3, 2a-2 Sloan Hendrix...Playing at home might help Sloan Hendrix, but I think Vornes is too much. EPC wins.

Boys
#1, 2a-2 White County vs #4, 2a-3 Cross County...I have not seen White Co play this year, however in years past they have had some good athletes.. You have to slow down Richardson for Cross Co, he is solid hand for Coach Phlean. CC in an upset.
#1, 2a-3 Marked Tree vs #4, 2a-2 Tuckerman...Coming off a huge win in the district finals, MT will ride high into the regional. However, Tuckerman is scrappy and well coached. MT will have to play well to beat Tuckerman, IMO. MT in a close one.
#2, 2a-2 Walnut Ridge vs #3, 2a-3 EPC...EPC wins this one, they played well against Earle in the district semis and I think they are too athletic for WR. WR well coached and have two solid players in Wilson and Flippo, EPC squeaks by to the semis.
#2, 2a-3 Earle vs #3, 2a-2 Sloan Hendrix...The ONLY advantage Sloan will have in this game is the fact that it will be at Sloan.. Earle plays hungry and rolls and ends up winning the regional.

Mustangfans

Very well put. IMO the only way CC keeps winning is if the big man stays out of foul trouble.

zebra73

Cc is good if they don't argue with each other

Hatchet

Ctucker

WCC and Tuckerman win in first round. Imo

birddawg1986

HorseFeathers

February 21, 2016, 08:34:17 pm #6 Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 08:36:24 pm by HF
Modified the first post to include a link to brackets for those that prefer to look at it that way..

Ctucker

chickasaw fan

my picks for region
    GIRLS
Riverside
EPC
Mduke
Earle

BOYS
EPC
MT
WCC
Earle

Mustangfans

February 21, 2016, 11:47:14 pm #9 Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 02:14:34 am by Mustangfans
Quote from: Ctucker on February 21, 2016, 07:57:40 pm
WCC and Tuckerman win in first round. Imo
Unless Tuckerman got a whole lot better since the beginning of the year Marmduke walks away with a 12 point win.

RedWolf275

Girls
Salem over Riverside by 7
Earle over Walnut Ridge by 25
Marmaduke over Tuckerman by 15
EPC over Sloan Hendrix by 5

Boys
WCC over Cross County by 3
Marked Tree over Tuckerman by 10
EPC by 4 over Walnut Ridge
Earle over Sloan Hendrix by 13

Donnie Jamon

Donnie Jamon

had to use full version   got it now

bluegrassboy75

My picks just for fun (no dog in this race)

Girls
Salem
Sloan-Hendrix (due to homecourt advantage)
Earle
Marmaduke (closer than most people will think)

Boys
White County Central
Earle (got to feel bad for the S-H boys, had a great year but will run into a mad Bulldog team)
Marked Tree
Walnut Ridge (probably best game of first round boys)

Ctucker

I wrote that wrong meant to write WCC and walnut ridge.

Fan9876

I don't know a lot about 2a-2 girls.  Not taking anything away from them, but I wouldn't want to bet against the 2a-3 girls. Even with home court and home district advantage.

lsbrown

nightowl

I'm going with the 2a - 3 overall

Go Nation Go

Baller_34

Will the games be delayed a day cause of weather? The hill schools are suppose to get 2-4 inches of snow

bluegrassboy75

Quote from: Baller_34 on February 23, 2016, 06:51:58 am
Will the games be delayed a day cause of weather? The hill schools are suppose to get 2-4 inches of snow

My guess is that would depend on how the main roads are.  They have a day they can miss and finish on Monday, but I bet they'll try to get them played since the winners play first at State on Tuesday (girls 1pm, boys 2:30).

HorseFeathers

My Picks...
Boys
WCC
Earle
Marked Tree
Walnut Ridge

Finals----Earle Over Marked Tree
Consolation---Walnut Ridge over WCC

Girls
Salem
EPC
Earle
Marmaduke

FInals---Earle over Salem
Consolation--Marmaduke over EPC

BoxNOne

Girls
Salem
EPC
Earle
Marmaduke

Finals Marmaduke over Salem
3rd Place Earle over EPC

Boys
WCC
Earle
Marked Tree
EPC

Finals Earle over EPC
3rd place Marked Tree over WCC

redrider30

The last 3 years the weather has played havoc with the post season. I guess it would make to much sense to start the Regionals on Monday or Tuesday and give yourself a few extra days. Hey I guess nobody ever accused anyone at AAA of being too smart.

bdubyab60

The 3 goes 6-2 or 7-1 this week against the 2.

redrider30

RedWolf275

chickasaw fan

Yea, we know redwolf!! We read your post a few days ago. Salem and WCC winning. I'd like to bet Salem don't win by 7.

Head Lion

The over/under line on wins by 2A3 is 6.5, place your bets.

Missco

RedWolf275

Quote from: chickasaw fan on February 23, 2016, 07:44:41 pm
Yea, we know redwolf!! We read your post a few days ago. Salem and WCC winning. I'd like to bet Salem don't win by 7.

CF, you are right. It may be more than that. According to my schedule Riverside has 22 wins of which 2 are over winning teams. I can't take them against a conference champ but you never know.

chickasaw fan

Redwolf, if u giving up 7. I want some of that!! A whole bunch!!!

Mustangfans

Looks like both #1's from the north will be kickin off the state tournament against the 2 #4's from the east. The girls will kick it off at 1pm on the 1st of March. Boys to follow.

BoxNOne

Quote from: Head Lion on February 23, 2016, 08:01:37 pm
The over/under line on wins by 2A3 is 6.5, place your bets.

Lion, I would say you have set this line exactly where it needs to be.

leedog95

From what I'm hearing MT might be without their best player this week. If that's true they may not get past Tuckerman.

RedWolf275

I assume it is the Miles kid. His absence would definetly tighten that game up.

leedog95

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Well I don't have a Mustang in the fight!  :'(  I can't remember the last time we didn't have a team in the regionals....  Anyway I'll make my picks.. I have not seen any teams from the other side just based on what I have seen hear..
Boys:
WCC,EARLE,MT,WR    EARLE beats WR in FINALS     CONS.GAME  Its according to who MT wants to play in State She has been known to throw a game like last year.

Girls
Salem, EPC, EARLE, M'DUKE    EARLE beats EPC in FINALS       CONS. GAME M'DUKE beats SALEM

Good luck to all the teams!!!

ISU7

Quote from: RedWolf275 on February 24, 2016, 11:42:59 am
I assume it is the Miles kid. His absence would definetly tighten that game up.
WOW!!!!!! big loss.

NEark tigers

Was it injury related? I still believe MT will win the first round, regardless.

rcd9146

Mustangfans

Quote from: rcd9146 on February 24, 2016, 01:20:18 pm
Are games gonna be live streamed
If they were streamed live how would one go about watching it?

birddawg1986

Good luck to all of the 2 3A schools today

BoxNOne

Quote from: NEark tigers on February 24, 2016, 01:10:24 pm
Was it injury related? I still believe MT will win the first round, regardless.

I agree that MT should advance tonight Miles or no Miles.

leedog95

Nope not hurt just heard he won't be playing don't even know why? But that will be a big loss for MT if it's true. I guess we will see later tonight how that plays out.

Mthscheerleader03

I'm from marked tree and miles isn't hurt and will be playing tonight!!! I don't know where y'all get all of this inaccurate information from

Mthscheerleader03

Quote from: leedog95 on February 24, 2016, 02:14:43 pm
Nope not hurt just heard he won't be playing don't even know why? But that will be a big loss for MT if it's true. I guess we will see later tonight how that plays out.
without miles Mt is still a great team they have already played without him this year .. Although he is a big aspect of our team you still have to recognize that most of the time
4 out of the 5 starters are in double figures

NeaBaller21

I have Riverside girls beating Salem by 6

RedWolf275

Quote from: chickasaw fan on February 23, 2016, 10:08:52 pm
Redwolf, if u giving up 7. I want some of that!! A whole bunch!!!

Chickasaw Fan, I may have to backtrack. Just heard a report that we should win by double digits. Said Salem was slow.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Mthscheerleader03 on February 24, 2016, 02:22:10 pm
without miles Mt is still a great team they have already played without him this year .. Although he is a big aspect of our team you still have to recognize that most of the time
4 out of the 5 starters are in double figures
You take an average of almost 20 points a game off any team and it hurts them. MT would not be great without him. And great is a big word even with him. They are playing great ball at the moment but we will see how them and the rest of the teams handle the pressure now.

Without him they dont even come close ot beating Earle the other night. Scored over half their points didnt he or close to it.

leedog95

He had 35 points in the Earle game Sat night.... I heard now he is playing just not starting

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas