• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My thoughts on JC debate

Started by RabidWolf, June 28, 2014, 01:57:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RabidWolf

As an outsider (I don't follow 2A very much, mostly stick to 4A and some 3A), I have heard people both complain and defend Junction City. I am as unbiased as it comes in this argument. The two teams I support have never played JC and probably never will. 

People that continual bash JC, shut up.  Obviously the state has found nothing illegal, and you can't expect t JC to say "well, these kids make us way to good, y'all can't play so it'll be fair."  If what they are doing has not been found illegal by the AAA, them let them do it. Either beat them, or don't complain. I think it's ridiculous how people over and over, season after season take away what these young men and Coach Carpenter have accomplished. I have personally seen them one time and was amazed at their athletic ability and speed. They are a force. And have earned my respect for their accomplishments over the last couple of seasons.

Coach Mac D

Your right its an amazing athletic program but you can't deny they have more students 9-12 than AAA actually recognizes. The next cycle they reported 143 students 9-12. Those are the arkansas state funded students. I get it. It dont take a rocket scientist to figure out. They had 60 players on their championship game roster. That means almost 50% of entire school plays football. When you go to their web site you can find out how many students they actually have. Half their schools seems to disappear when you look at reported numbers to AAA. THEY ONLY RECOGNIZE ARKANSAS STATE FUNDED STUDENTS.

Yah they are amazing and the greatest in the universe.

THA TRUTH

Bring ur proof of 60 players to the table then we can talk

DragonBorn

The most people that we ever had was 40 and that was before two a days. 9th graders move up after the junior high season is over to practice with the high school team but they usually never play. That could explain the large numbers in the state game

NWA Hawg

Quote from: Coach Mac D on June 28, 2014, 09:22:51 am
Your right its an amazing athletic program but you can't deny they have more students 9-12 than AAA actually recognizes. The next cycle they reported 143 students 9-12. Those are the arkansas state funded students. I get it. It dont take a rocket scientist to figure out. They had 60 players on their championship game roster. That means almost 50% of entire school plays football. When you go to their web site you can find out how many students they actually have. Half their schools seems to disappear when you look at reported numbers to AAA. THEY ONLY RECOGNIZE ARKANSAS STATE FUNDED STUDENTS.

Yah they are amazing and the greatest in the universe.

Where on their website can you find their actual number of kids? Just curious.

jags to the rock

June 28, 2014, 10:46:26 am #5 Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 10:49:30 am by jags to the rock
Show me absolute PROOF that ALL students from LA are counted for AAA classification numbers. I bet none of you can produce that, if you could you already would. TARNISHED CHAMPIONSHIPS! Non Arkansas funded students are not counted for AAA classification numbers period.

bleudog

Quote from: jags to the rock on June 28, 2014, 10:46:26 am
Show me absolute PROOF that ALL students from LA are counted for AAA classification numbers. I bet none of you can produce that, if you could you already would. TARNISHED CHAMPIONSHIPS! Non Arkansas funded students are not counted for AAA classification numbers period.

Quote from: bleudog on September 28, 2013, 12:13:14 am
Game, I finally got a chance to visit with the JC superintendent about the AAA question. 

The Ward 9 kids are included in the APSCN transmissions.  They are identified by an "O" in the drop down menu in the software.  The "O" category is for out-of-state students.  There does seem to be a programing issue with the ADE software in that the "O" category doesn't map properly over to the out-of-state line in the ADE data summary reports.  Apparently the out-of-state line in the APSCN software is mapped for another category code but that code isn't in the drop down menu available at the schools.  ADE is fully aware of the software bug and the JC staff member who inputs the data into APSCN confirms each year with the ADE field rep that JC is following the proper submission protocol for the Ward 9 kids.

As has been discussed earlier, for funding reasons, the primary ADE list of students only includes the in-state students.  However, the ADE is aware of the Ward 9 kids since those kids are included (by different category code) in the regular APSCN submissions.  As such, the data on the Ward 9 kids is available in whatever ftp file is exchanged between ADE and AAA.  The AAA should have all the data they need to make any classification adjustment JC having the Ward 9 kids might require.   

Hope this clears up the question about how JC, ADE and the AAA track the Ward 9 kids.   

JC reports all students to the ADE in the manner the ADE requires. 
    The AAA uses ADE data to classifiy schools. 
    JC plays where the AAA puts them.

jags to the rock

June 28, 2014, 11:19:03 am #7 Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 11:20:34 am by jags to the rock
Quote from: bleudog on June 28, 2014, 11:01:23 am
Quote from: jags to the rock on June 28, 2014, 10:46:26 am

Quote from: bleudog on September 28, 2013, 12:13:14 am
Game, I finally got a chance to visit with the JC superintendent about the AAA question. 

The Ward 9 kids are included in the APSCN transmissions.  They are identified by an "O" in the drop down menu in the software.  The "O" category is for out-of-state students.  There does seem to be a programing issue with the ADE software in that the "O" category doesn't map properly over to the out-of-state line in the ADE data summary reports.  Apparently the out-of-state line in the APSCN software is mapped for another category code but that code isn't in the drop down menu available at the schools.  ADE is fully aware of the software bug and the JC staff member who inputs the data into APSCN confirms each year with the ADE field rep that JC is following the proper submission protocol for the Ward 9 kids.

As has been discussed earlier, for funding reasons, the primary ADE list of students only includes the in-state students.  However, the ADE is aware of the Ward 9 kids since those kids are included (by different category code) in the regular APSCN submissions.  As such, the data on the Ward 9 kids is available in whatever ftp file is exchanged between ADE and AAA.  The AAA should have all the data they need to make any classification adjustment JC having the Ward 9 kids might require.   

Hope this clears up the question about how JC, ADE and the AAA track the Ward 9 kids.   

JC reports all students to the ADE in the manner the ADE requires. 
    The AAA uses ADE data to classifiy schools. 
    JC plays where the AAA puts them.
Exactly Mr. message board lawyer, they are reported to the ADE. The non ARKANSAS funded kids are not counted on AAA classifications numbers.  I notice you used they phrase "we play where the AAA puts us?" PROVE me wrong, like I said in a earlier post the AAA doesn't care about 2A, when it comes down to it, its all about the $$$$$$$. I bet you wont tell everyone how many kids on the 2013 team are residents of LA????? And who? How about all of you posters????? lol!

Coach Mac D

http://junctioncity.k12.ar.us/uploads/pdf/2013-2014/ADMIN/2012-13%20JCHS%20Annual%20Report%20to%20Public.pdf

HERE IS THE LINK TO JUNCTION CITY HIGH SCHOOL WEB SITE. YOU CAN SAY WHAT EVER YOU WANT. THE PROOF IS ON THEIR OWN WEBSITE.

Ventman

I am curious if a JC poster would post how many players and their names were from LA on last years championship team?

cuz

Quote from: Coach Mac D on June 28, 2014, 11:53:44 am
http://junctioncity.k12.ar.us/uploads/pdf/2013-2014/ADMIN/2012-13%20JCHS%20Annual%20Report%20to%20Public.pdf

HERE IS THE LINK TO JUNCTION CITY HIGH SCHOOL WEB SITE. YOU CAN SAY WHAT EVER YOU WANT. THE PROOF IS ON THEIR OWN WEBSITE.
A little FYI this has been investigated by lawyers and nothing has been found illegal, but I guess your brilliant mind and comprehension skills are better tnan the legal system. It's hard to fathom how you people continue to try and slander a school for success after they have with stood investigations and found innocent.... ;)

Dragon I

I love it.  My favorite thing is watching the whiners cry after a beat down.  What's bad, is this year, they can see what's gonna happen and they are getting started early with the whining.

HorseFeathers

Cuz, all they want a see is a number for the louisiana kids....probably not near enough to push junction up to 3a. But it does raise suspicion that the AAA 's number line up exactly with the ADE numbers seemingly looking like the AAA is ignoring the louisiana numbers.  For everyone else the claiborne parish school district put the number of students from louisiana attending junction city at around one hundred k-12. I think the real number is closer to eighty, don't remember where i read that at. Just curious though would a freedom of information inquiry get these numbers?

bleudog

Quote from: jags to the rock on June 28, 2014, 11:19:03 am
Exactly Mr. message board lawyer, they are reported to the ADE. The non ARKANSAS funded kids are not counted on AAA classifications numbers.  I notice you used they phrase "we play where the AAA puts us?" PROVE me wrong, like I said in a earlier post the AAA doesn't care about 2A, when it comes down to it, its all about the $$$$$$$. I bet you wont tell everyone how many kids on the 2013 team are residents of LA????? And who? How about all of you posters????? lol!

The JC public report for 2013-14 showed 623 kids in K-12.  That split 534 Arkansas and 89 Ward 9.  I don't know the distribution of those 89 in each grade, but overall that's a 86% Arkansas to 14% Ward 9 ratio.  Based on that, my best GUESS would be 10% to 20% of any extra curricula group at JC would be Ward 9 kids.

And the ADE and AAA know about them all.

I can also confirm I'm not an attorney, but I'm afraid there's only one of these popular conspiracy theories I can help with:
1)  Did the US really put men on the moon?
2)  Was Lee Harvey Oswald the lone gunman?
3)  Did aliens crash near Area 51?
4)  Did Elvis and/or Michael fake their deaths?
5)  Does Junction City fail to report its Ward 9 students to gain an advantage with the AAA?

Coach Mac D

I careless if it is legal or illegal. Honestly careless. I just want it to be common knowledge to everyone that they play 2a ball with 3a numbers. That is my only goal. They have good program and that is not based on championships at all. I would have to give more credit to coach prescott and des arc for doing more with less. Same with coach barbaree and carlisle. Doing more with less. The truth should be they win championship every year with those kind of numbers. Tha Truth be told. Lol I simply do this because of the cocky posters from junction city like tha truth that is so proud of their program that they dog everyone else cause they get to promote a program that is playing 2a and have 3a numbers. Lol I careless if it is legal or not. They want to say 2a is down and don't want to give any credit to the teams that are doing more with less.

HorseFeathers

2a is way down from 8 years ago or so. I often sit here reading these junction city posts and wonder if they realize the more they knock the rest of the class the more they take away from their own accomplishments . . . Who cares if you dominate a weak class? Lol

Coach Mac D

Quote from: Dragon I on June 28, 2014, 12:49:33 pm
I love it.  My favorite thing is watching the whiners cry after a beat down.  What's bad, is this year, they can see what's gonna happen and they are getting started early with the whining.

This is exactly why I even have a reason to talk. Lol I careless if you win it or not. It doesmt make you better than anyone else. Maybe in your mind your better than everyone else but it doesnt actually any better than anyone else. I have list of ways to measure success and winning state championship is just one of many. Lol

NWA Hawg

Quote from: Coach Mac D on June 28, 2014, 01:04:05 pm
I careless if it is legal or illegal. Honestly careless. I just want it to be common knowledge to everyone that they play 2a ball with 3a numbers. That is my only goal. They have good program and that is not based on championships at all. I would have to give more credit to coach prescott and des arc for doing more with less. Same with coach barbaree and carlisle. Doing more with less. The truth should be they win championship every year with those kind of numbers. Tha Truth be told. Lol I simply do this because of the cocky posters from junction city like tha truth that is so proud of their program that they dog everyone else cause they get to promote a program that is playing 2a and have 3a numbers. Lol I careless if it is legal or not. They want to say 2a is down and don't want to give any credit to the teams that are doing more with less.

Coach Mac D can you explain to me how the AAA classification numbers are figured? Since you seem to think you know what you are talking about.

jags to the rock

Quote from: bleudog on June 28, 2014, 12:58:21 pm
You try to talk out both sides of your mouth. The LA kids are reported to the ADE but are NOT counted for AAA athletic classifications, I guess because they are not funded by the state of ARKANSAS. But are allowed to participate in AAA sanctioned sports in ARKANSAS. You still wont answer my questions, HOW MANY KIDS FROM LA WERE ON 2013 FOOTBALL TEAM. Don't skirt around with these vague "I guess percentages." And by the way yalls arrogant posters bring this on your self.

The JC public report for 2013-14 showed 623 kids in K-12.  That split 534 Arkansas and 89 Ward 9.  I don't know the distribution of those 89 in each grade, but overall that's a 86% Arkansas to 14% Ward 9 ratio.  Based on that, my best GUESS would be 10% to 20% of any extra curricula group at JC would be Ward 9 kids.

I can also confirm I'm not an attorney, but I'm afraid there's only one of these popular conspiracy theories I can help with:
5)  Does Junction City fail to report its Ward 9 students to gain an advantage with the AAA?

jags to the rock

What is the number of kids at JC that AAA uses for sports classifications INCLUDING ALL THE LA KIDS! Show me a ACCURATE number of that and show that it falls in 2A enrollnent and I will gladly stand corrected! I just don't think anyone can do that??????????????

NWA Hawg

Quote from: jags to the rock on June 28, 2014, 02:20:16 pm
What is the number of kids at JC that AAA uses for sports classifications INCLUDING ALL THE LA KIDS! Show me a ACCURATE number of that and show that it falls in 2A enrollnent and I will gladly stand corrected! I just don't think anyone can do that??????????????

Well if we go by the junction city school website which you all have said shows the true numbers junction city has then in the fall of 2013 junction city high school had 338 kids. The ADE reports only 273. So according to y'all 65 kids in the high school are from Louisiana and not counted in the AAA enrollment figures. That's an average of 11 kids a class. The AAA figures are for 9-11th grades over a three year period. If that average of 11 kids a class are added to those three classes then the 143 would raise to 176. The largest 2a school has a 9-11th enrollment average of 187. Carlisle, Gurdon, Walnut Ridge, Salem, and 4 other basketball schools only all have a larger AAA enrollment number than junction city. Am I right or wrong? I am not from Junction but you have to respect the program they have built. You all need to stop making excuse for losing to them and just give them the credit they deserve. 

Coach Mac D

Turn the credibility on to me. LoL. Good one. Make me out like i dont know what I'm talking about and you win. LoL if you knew the answer you would explain. Lol there is no explanation on my end to give. I know exactly how it works or I wouldn't be sitting here giving the facts. Lol

All the information you are seeking can be found WWw.ahsaa.org

NWA Hawg

Quote from: Coach Mac D on June 28, 2014, 02:38:30 pm
Turn the credibility on to me. LoL. Good one. Make me out like i dont know what I'm talking about and you win. LoL if you knew the answer you would explain. Lol there is no explanation on my end to give. I know exactly how it works or I wouldn't be sitting here giving the facts. Lol

All the information you are seeking can be found WWw.ahsaa.org

Look up a post or two? I know how it works.

bleudog

Quote from: jags to the rock on June 28, 2014, 02:11:21 pm
Quote from: bleudog on June 28, 2014, 12:58:21 pm

You try to talk out both sides of your mouth. The LA kids are reported to the ADE but are NOT counted for AAA athletic classifications, I guess because they are not funded by the state of ARKANSAS. But are allowed to participate in AAA sanctioned sports in ARKANSAS. You still wont answer my questions, HOW MANY KIDS FROM LA WERE ON 2013 FOOTBALL TEAM. Don't skirt around with these vague "I guess percentages." And by the way yalls arrogant posters bring this on your self.

I have attempted to answer two of your questions.  I'll try again and type slower.

1)  At any school, if a student is a qualified student, they can participate in extra curricula activities.  I don't know any school that publicly publishes the addresses of its players.  So obtaining player location by school zone is something I don't know how to tackle.  About 15% of JC students are from Ward 9, so on a 36 man roster and using 20% that would have about 7 players from Ward 9.  I also believe there were two kids on last year's team who used school choice when they were in jr high or elementary to transfer from El Dorado so that distorts the math a little.

2)  JC reports all students to ADE though in-state and out-of-state groups.  The AAA has access to ADE data.  The AAA can make any adjustment necessary to move JC up if the out-of-state group would warrant such an adjustment.

I've got to go mow the yard now so y'all carry on without me. ;D   

jags to the rock

My yard is mowed now too smartars!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your still side steppin Mr. Smug!!!!!!!!!! Whole state knows the deal and you all know it. GO CLAIREBORNE DRAGONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NWA Hawg

Quote from: jags to the rock on June 28, 2014, 03:17:05 pm
My yard is mowed now too smartars!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your still side steppin Mr. Smug!!!!!!!!!! Whole state knows the deal and you all know it. GO CLAIREBORNE DRAGONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What about my post jag? Does it not show that even with the lousiana kids added it they are still a 2a school

cuz

June 28, 2014, 03:38:16 pm #26 Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 03:42:38 pm by cuz
Quote from: fann07 on June 28, 2014, 02:38:03 pm

Well if we go by the junction city school website which you all have said shows the true numbers junction city has then in the fall of 2013 junction city high school had 338 kids. The ADE reports only 273. So according to y'all 65 kids in the high school are from Louisiana and not counted in the AAA enrollment figures. That's an average of 11 kids a class. The AAA figures are for 9-11th grades over a three year period. If that average of 11 kids a class are added to those three classes then the 143 would raise to 176. The largest 2a school has a 9-11th enrollment average of 187. Carlisle, Gurdon, Walnut Ridge, Salem, and 4 other basketball schools only all have a larger AAA enrollment number than junction city. Am I right or wrong? I am not from Junction but you have to respect the program they have built. You all need to stop making excuse for losing to them and just give them the credit they deserve. 
Quote from: fann07 on June 28, 2014, 03:29:01 pm

What about my post jag? Does it not show that even with the lousiana kids added it they are still a 2a school
Great post's, but not the facts they want to hear. Makes it logical, correct and nothing against JC. A subject the JC POSTERS ARE TIRED OF READING ABOUT..............THANKS..............+1

HorseFeathers

Cuz....how dare you bring facts into this discussion!

Ventman

I still want to see a list of names of the kids that are from LA on the football team. I not questioning numbers. I'm just curious as to how many on the team are from LA?

True Fan

There's not likely a list of names and addresses that you're going to find because of privacy laws. But, the info about the LA kids is available. I posted this on the JC thread a while back. 

Without the LA kids;

AAA Classification for 2014-16

Junction City - 143

9th grade     10th grade     11th grade       AR    LA

2010-11       52 + ?           54 + ?           39 + ?         145 + ? 

2011-12       56 + ?           42 + ?           49 + ?         147 + ?

2012-13       47 + ?           48 + ?           42 + ?         137 + ?     

145+147+137= 429

429 / 3= 143   AAA number only reflects AR students.

It would take 188 average to reach the 3A. 45 more students. 15 per class.

With the LA kids that are listed by the ADE;

9th grade     10th grade     11th grade       AR    LA

2010-11       52 + 6           54 + 6           39 + 6         145 + 18 = 163 

2011-12       56 + 4           42 + 6           49 + 6         147 + 16 = 163

2012-13       47 + 8           48 + 4           42 + 6         137 + 18 = 155   

163+163+155=  481     481/3= 160.33

JC's calculated enrollment for the 14-16 classification cycle should be 160.33. This would make them the 11th largest school in 2A. Nowhere near the 3A minimum level of 188.

NWA Hawg

With the post above shown will you be man enough to admit you were wrong about the numbers?

cuz

Quote from: Ventman on June 28, 2014, 04:52:39 pm
I still want to see a list of names of the kids that are from LA on the football team. I not questioning numbers. I'm just curious as to how many on the team are from LA?
I know of 6 players 9-12 with 3 of them receiving playing time.... This might not be 100 percent accurate but close.....

Ventman

Thanks cuz, are they starters? JC has a great program, I was just curious.

bleudog

June 28, 2014, 07:08:25 pm #33 Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 07:19:36 pm by bleudog
Quote from: fann07 on June 28, 2014, 02:38:03 pm

Fann07, I will add intelligent to the adjectives Cuz used about your post. 

The only thing I'd point out is those 65 would be spread out in grades 7-12 and the actual amount in 9-10-11 at any given time could be a little above or below a linear average (it's hard as the dickens to get those Ward 9ers to have the exact same number of kids every year). But with JC letting the ADE know the number of Ward 9 kids in every grade, the AAA could easily get correct numbers (as TF showed), make the adjustment you did and move JC to a higher classification if needed.  This may very well happen in the next cycle or two as the Ward 9 parents have successfully established their charter school and have BESE authorization to eventually take the LA number to 140 or so.  Of course that upward classification would be contingent on the Arkansas number, which has been in decline, stabilizing.

Of course then the point to "debate" becomes that all 65 of those kids are male students who are 6' 2", two hundred pounders who run 4.4 forties. ::)

bleudog

June 28, 2014, 07:10:07 pm #34 Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 07:15:18 pm by bleudog

Dang Jag, I can't even be honest about mowing a yard without you thinking I'm a Dragon hiding something. ;)

Hey cuz, I lost power for over an hour.  How about you?

bleudog

June 28, 2014, 07:12:19 pm #35 Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 07:31:02 pm by bleudog
Quote from: fann07 on June 28, 2014, 05:30:42 pm

With the post above shown will you be man enough to admit you were wrong about the numbers?

My son once asked if we could have a man-to-man talk.  I told him we could talk about anything he wanted, but at that time in his life we'd be one man short. ;)

amehr36

Wow. All these crybabies must be from the "everybody gets a trophy" era and all that other bs.  If you want to shut us up.... beat us. Pansies.

Coach Mac D

Quote from: amehr36 on June 28, 2014, 07:14:46 pm
Wow. All these crybabies must be from the "everybody gets a trophy" era and all that other bs.  If you want to shut us up.... beat us. Pansies.

Exactly why I even talk about it. Lack of class period.

bleudog

June 28, 2014, 07:24:05 pm #38 Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 07:29:34 pm by bleudog

It's certainly possible Am36.  Here're the 28 time it's happened in the 16 years of the Carpenter era:

2001 Camden Harmony Grove      0 34     -34
2010 Bearden                            8 35     -27
2010 Rison                                7 31     -24
2007 Bearden                            6 28     -22
2002 Harding Academy*            19 41     -22
2001 Shiloh Christian*                  0 21     -21
2005 Smackover                        21 41     -20
2002 Mansfield, LA                    21 41     -20
2010 Bearden*                             8 27     -19
2005 Charleston*                         8 24     -16
2000 Charleston*                        14 28     -14
2011 Rison                              14 27     -13
2005 McGehee                           7 20     -13
2011 Strong*                             19 29     -10
2004 Rison*                                 0 10     -10
2010 Strong                           14 22       -8
2012 Earle                               7 14      -7
2005 Homer, LA                      20 26      -6
1999 Shiloh Christian*             64 70      -6
1998 Harding Academy*         14 20      -6
2004 McGehee                        21 26      -5
2000 Rison                             21 25      -4
2004 Gurdon                          15 18      -3
2009 Bearden                         12 14      -2
2007 Mount Ida*                      20 22      -2
2001 Hampton                        12 13      -1
2006 Camden Harmony Grove     6   7      -1
2006 Jessieville*                       19 20      -1

*playoff losses

Maybe there will be some that add their name to this list this year; maybe there won't.  Just have to play them to see.  Time will tell.  Good luck to all.

amehr36

Quote from: Coach Mac D on June 28, 2014, 07:24:00 pm

I'm glad I could be used as an example. Now everyone should view Junctions team as the example of how a season should end. No title = failure.

Coach Mac D

Quote from: amehr36 on June 28, 2014, 07:30:24 pm

I'm glad I could be used as an example. Now everyone should view Junctions team as the example of how a season should end. No title = failure.

So JC is a failure more than a success by your own definition.

As for True Fan your post is the most educated post I have ever seen on the subject in my 11 years following 2a ball seriously. If thosr LA student numbers were/are 100% accurate it would be 100% correct by the formula used.

So does 143 = 100% accuracy of the total classes with every student that walks into the 9th to 11th grade?

amehr36

Quote from: Coach Mac D on June 28, 2014, 07:43:18 pm

As for True Fan your post is the most educated post I have ever seen on the subject in my 11 years following 2a ball seriously. If thosr LA student numbers were/are 100% accurate it would be 100% correct by the formula used.

So does 143 = 100% accuracy of the total classes with every student that walks into the 9th to 11th grade?

You are 100% correct, sir. Unlike 99% of 2A schools, after the season if Junction doesn't win a title it is considered a bad season. When the rest of AA catches up (which won't happen any time soon) you will know what I'm talking about.

Ventman

Quote from: amehr36 on June 28, 2014, 07:50:54 pm
Quote from: Coach Mac D on June 28, 2014, 07:43:18 pm

You are 100% correct, sir. Unlike 99% of 2A schools, after the season if Junction doesn't win a title it is considered a bad season. When the rest of AA catches up (which won't happen any time soon) you will know what I'm talking about.

By those standards there are only six programs in the entire state that are successful each year. That's some high standards for kids and coaches to live up too.

amehr36

Exactly, Vent. Number 1 is all that matters.

THA TRUTH

In jc it's state title or bust we don't work hard in the weight room and conditioning for a conference title there are prolly few schools that feel that way but that's why they are next level

Ventman

June 28, 2014, 10:07:26 pm #45 Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 10:09:33 pm by Ventman
Quote from: THA TRUTH on June 28, 2014, 09:43:11 pm
In jc it's state title or bust we don't work hard in the weight room and conditioning for a conference title there are prolly few schools that feel that way but that's why they are next level
i hear ya that's the way it should be but to say, just for instance that Carlisle had a bad year last year is something I can't do. I feel like we had a great season, made it to the final four and gave the state champs more than they wanted, almost. Our kids goal each year is to win a state title but if they don't reach that goal, they can still have a successful season.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Ventman on June 28, 2014, 10:07:26 pm
Quote from: THA TRUTH on June 28, 2014, 09:43:11 pm
i hear ya that's the way it should be but to say, just for instance that Carlisle had a bad year last year is something I can't do. I feel like we had a great season, made it to the final four and gave the state champs more than they wanted, almost. Are kids goal each year is to win a state title but if they don't reach that goal, they can still have a successful season.

Not like these kids are getting paid millions to be number 1 every year...it's still high school ball, not life and death like so many "fans" seemingly make it out to be....

THA TRUTH

Like I said it's state title or bust for jc how I feel about Carlisle is how u feel it was a good season for the bison by there standards but coulda been great

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: bleudog on June 28, 2014, 07:24:05 pm

It's certainly possible Am36.  Here're the 28 time it's happened in the 16 years of the Carpenter era:

*playoff losses

Maybe there will be some that add their name to this list this year; maybe there won't.  Just have to play them to see.  Time will tell.  Good luck to all.

I MIGHT BE WRONG BUT I THOUGHT CARPENTER HAD BEEN AROUND LONGER THAN 1998 ?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on June 28, 2014, 11:03:44 pm
Quote from: bleudog on June 28, 2014, 07:24:05 pm

*playoff losses

I MIGHT BE WRONG BUT I THOUGHT CARPENTER HAD BEEN AROUND LONGER THAN 1998 ?

It's his second go round at Junction City...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas