• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7 2AA WEST Pre Season conference rankings

Started by popabear17, June 18, 2014, 01:25:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

popabear17

1. Gurdon
2. Dierks
3. Spring Hill
4. Mt Ida
5. Lafayette county
5. Murfreesboro
6.mineral springs
7. Foreman

Please share all thoughts on how you think it will turn out & the games that you are most interested in watching.

outlaw2929

I think Dierks will beat gurdon barring key injuries. The oline will be bigger and stronger this year and so will the outlaw running back. Mt Ida will be tough this year too.

Mohawk 54

I think this game will be a good game, if both teams can come in healthy. Dierks will be bigger on the line, but the Go-devils will have the speed. I agree that Mt. Ida will be a tough game for both teams also. If Lay. county gets it going may want to keep a eye on them. But I do like the Go-devils at home.

outlaw2929

Speed can be contained Bennett proved that last year. But it is hard to stop power and the outlaws will have plenty of power. It maybe a shoot out. I don't see gurdon stopping the outlaws from scoring.

HORNET-MAN

What will the QB play look like for the Outlaws this season?? Will Bennett be more of a ground and pound or balanced.

outlaw2929

He is shorter than last year's qb but a lot more mobile and he has a good arm. They will be balanced but i expect them to probably ground and pound with the qb running the ball more than last years qb. When he's under pressure he can make something out of nothing. The running back is a solid 215lbs and very strong and he has gotten faster. The oline is returning 3 starters and has atleast 6or 7 that will fighting for the other 2 spots. So they will have depth on the oline.

Mohawk 54

I see The Outlaws being more of a ground and pound, unless the RB gets hurt early in the year, which you hope that does not happen to anyone.
Now Outlaw 2929,  I don't think that anybody said that Gurdon would shut out the outlaws, I also think the play calling will be different than last year. It's not hard to defend when the coach is calling the same play over and over and over.  And before you start it this year, yes I said that Dierks OUT Played the go-devils last year.  May do it again, but I don't think so.

outlaw2929

What I should have said was Dierks will score what they need too to win the game. The outlaws ran the same play over and over and over last year and the go devils couldn't stop it.

Mohawk 54

I agree with that, maybe a year later they have figure out how to stop it if not, than it will be another long night for Gurdon

popabear17

I will say gurdons Oline looks very small this year. At least from what I could tell from the Nashville team camp. SH & Murf were able to push them around. Spring Hill has good size up front but still not as talented as Dierks. So the outlaws should dominate in the trenches

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: outlaw2929 on June 19, 2014, 12:12:12 pm
Speed can be contained Bennett proved that last year. But it is hard to stop power and the outlaws will have plenty of power. It maybe a shoot out. I don't see gurdon stopping the outlaws from scoring.

Correction.

godgiven999

whoknows

Did Gurdon get their state runner up rings from last year yet?

footballfrenzy

No, I believe that was Des Arc with their valiant 70-0 effort. It's why power rankings should determine playoff seeding so garbage like 70-0 never happens again in a state title game.

dragondad

Actually it was 60-0, but it could have been 80.....or even 100.

footballfrenzy

Yeah, my bad. 50, 60, 70, 80, whatever. At a point in any blowout the score becomes irrelevant. We still need power rankings to determine seeding and brackets. It would make for great football starting 2nd round.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas