• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6AA in 2014

Started by jags to the rock, June 15, 2014, 12:14:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

THA TRUTH

Quote from: way2go on June 19, 2014, 10:34:13 am
This thread that is supposed to be about 6AA as been hijacked by bickering about JC. JC is not the center of the universe, so to them I say go in peace.

This is gonna be all year until someone knocks jc off or play jc close then they will get respect like Carlisle did last year in a close game

bleudog

June 19, 2014, 01:23:48 pm #101 Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 01:33:20 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Coach Mac D on June 19, 2014, 12:21:46 pm
Quote from: bleudog on June 19, 2014, 11:06:30 am
It's a bit early still, but some of the 2A-6 faithful might find this of interest (even though it's still in need of some more data and an update or two):  CLICK HERE

Interesting why? Because they are projected #1 in conference?

Step #1:  Remove chip from shoulder (there was no agenda in the post).

Step #2:  Notice the section in the linked page where Calpreps acknowledges it's not in its final form (ratings in June aren't worth the paper they're written on).

Step #3:  See the site for what it is; a great place for fans of 2A-6 teams to see a large amount of "interesting" data on their teams.

::)

Coach Mac D

Quote from: THA TRUTH on June 19, 2014, 01:05:45 pm
This thread that is supposed to be about 6AA as been hijacked by bickering about JC. JC is not the center of the universe, so to them I say go in peace.

This is gonna be all year until someone knocks jc off or play jc close then they will get respect like Carlisle did last year in a close game

Wow. The only measure of success is what you do against JC. It's the only way to get any respect is play JC tough and give them a game and you will get respect from the fearlessfriday gods. LoL until you graduate what the fearlessfriday gods think are your only good players then your back down and so is conference. LoL

At least I get a good laugh daily for the rest of the year.

Coach Mac D

Quote from: bleudog on June 19, 2014, 01:23:48 pm
Quote from: Coach Mac D on June 19, 2014, 12:21:46 pm
Quote from: bleudog on June 19, 2014, 11:06:30 am
It's a bit early still, but some of the 2A-6 faithful might find this of interest (even though it's still in need of some more data and an update or two):  CLICK HERE

Interesting why? Because they are projected #1 in conference?

Step #1:  Remove chip from shoulder (there was no agenda in the post).

Step #2:  Notice the section in the linked page where Calpreps acknowledges it's not in its final form (ratings in June aren't worth the paper they're written on).

Step #3:  See the site for what it is; a great place for fans of 2A-6 teams to see a large amount of "interesting" data on their teams.

::)

No chip! just serious question. I stated the interesting part was them being #1 in conference but they deserve that recognition by last years performance and Coach Prescott and his staffs ability to coach. I was just curious what you found interesting. Nothing was wrong with it just curious. LoL

THA TRUTH

Quote from: Coach Mac D on June 19, 2014, 01:41:41 pm
Quote from: THA TRUTH on June 19, 2014, 01:05:45 pm

Wow. The only measure of success is what you do against JC. It's the only way to get any respect is play JC tough and give them a game and you will get respect from the fearlessfriday gods. LoL until you graduate what the fearlessfriday gods think are your only good players then your back down and so is conference. LoL

At least I get a good laugh daily for the rest of the year.

That was meant as respect from jc point view not what u think deserves respect if jc wins by 20 u get no respect as a good football team maybe from a sportsmanship standard yea but not from good  team beat teams jc played last year was bearden and Carlisle both have got their respect paid forward

Coach Mac D

Awesome amazing story. Lol

THA TRUTH

Glad u enjoyed it sir

RiverEagle079

I think the 6 AA will have a normal year for them. Last year was a good year, we had two good teams in the running for the championship and we come up short. I never expected my team to be as good as they was they truly surprised me with the amount of heart they had.  To make assumptions that the 6AA will be down this year is bogus though we will always have one or two in the mix.

THA TRUTH

Yea because of Carlisle but Carlisle is down now

RiverEagle079

Yes Carlisle will be a rebuilding year that doesn't mean they wont make the playoffs. Last I checked there is more than one team in the 6aa and two possibly three teams have a chance to really do some serious work

jbtiger73

But just because they might be a little down, doesn't mean the conference will be down. The addition of mccrory could make things more interesting. And my tigers should be better contenders this season. Our guy know that just cause Carlisle and DA lost their guns from last season, doesn't mean that they're gonna lay down for anyone. Wonder does the rest of the conference knows that?

FD4

The thing is, when you look at the 6 all the way around, the coaching that is there, there is no reason to think that anyone from the 6 will be everyone's homecoming, maybe except Marvell, and not disrespecting the Stangs iether.  Honestly, I look for the Woodruff county guys to make a lot more noise than expected, especially Augusta.  As for Junction City, my Rick Flairism still stands. "In order to be the man, you got to beat the man".  Dave is a great coach, his record proves it, and there are a lot of the posters that can't stand it.  I for one look on JC as the "Jimmy Johnson" of AA football, the guy you want to see beat, the guy with the target on his back.  It would be meaningless to beat a JC that was 0 and 9 right, Good luck this season to everyone, you too Brown!

Coach Mac D

6-2A is some fun and exciting football. Allot of fun match ups each year. Carlisle don't rebuild they reload. Des Arc has a system now with coach Prescott that is going to teach young players how to be successful inside the system. Hazen and McCrory are in the middle of their cycle when it comes to talent top to bottom on roster. Clarendon and Augusta has coaches that are gonna invest allot time and effort to build a program to be proud of. PW and brinkley have the talent but if they can get the depth to buy in and play their roles with pride then your talking about a really good conference. Makes for some fun football to watch come Friday nights. 6-2A keep pushing and working hard and defend your pea patch like Shammah did for his people against the odds. Against all odds it can be achieved if you believe and have faith.

Lions84

It will be a good fall .

RiverEagle079

I dont think Des Arc has lost as much of its big guns as you all think.  They had some good players leave but by what i have seen thats all they where. The fact that Des Arc went so far wasnt because they had some great skilled players that could pull a whole team of defenders down the field.  The reason they went far was because the team played as one unit until the last game at least.

MomaLion

Quote from: Coach Mac D on July 14, 2014, 08:05:12 pm
6-2A is some fun and exciting football. Allot of fun match ups each year. Carlisle don't rebuild they reload. Des Arc has a system now with coach Prescott that is going to teach young players how to be successful inside the system. Hazen and McCrory are in the middle of their cycle when it comes to talent top to bottom on roster. Clarendon and Augusta has coaches that are gonna invest allot time and effort to build a program to be proud of. PW and brinkley have the talent but if they can get the depth to buy in and play their roles with pride then your talking about a really good conference. Makes for some fun football to watch come Friday nights. 6-2A keep pushing and working hard and defend your pea patch like Shammah did for his people against the odds. Against all odds it can be achieved if you believe and have faith.

+1

Elvis

Barring any major injuries McCrory & Hazen should be the two best teams in the conference. Looks like every week is going to be tuff game in this league with the addition of McCrory & Augusta. Augusta will give you a handful at least the first 6 weeks till you see how the season goes. 

RiverEagle079

I dont know to much about Augusta i havent heard much about them in years.  Hazen will be a salty team. McCrory from what i hear will be good but they will have to prove themselves to be a top contender in the 6 AA. 

Lions84

Hazen due to Win District this year.  I expect Clarendon to finish 3rd or 4th this year.

Cheek

Quote from: Lions84 on July 15, 2014, 06:39:43 pm
Hazen due to Win District this year.  I expect Clarendon to finish 3rd or 4th this year.

How do you figure.  I think they will be improved, but will miss the playoffs again. I feel for Coach Thrash because the first sign of trouble, he will have players talking about basketball.

THA TRUTH

HorseFeathers

Did Des Arc, Carlisle, and Brinkley drop football?

MomaLion

Quote from: Cheek on July 15, 2014, 10:53:06 pm

How do you figure.  I think they will be improved, but will miss the playoffs again. I feel for Coach Thrash because the first sign of trouble, he will have players talking about basketball.
You don't know Coach Thrash very well then.  He is really pushing these guys and they are buying into what he is teaching...also, Coach Pannell is an excellent asset to the team.  I think you may be surprised. Our biggest problem will probably be depth.

MomaLion

Quote from: HF on July 15, 2014, 11:23:26 pm

LOL...I do expect Brinkley to put up quite a fight and Des Arc will still be a lot stronger than some think.  I don't know much about Carlisle yet but I think they will also surprise some folks.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Yea we just dropped it, after our last game. You know there is just no way to come back after that.  ;D

I just hope everyone overlooks us.

BigLion10

I figure Mccrory will be there in the mix somewhere

Ventman

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on July 16, 2014, 06:17:42 am

Yea we just dropped it, after our last game. You know there is just no way to come back after that.  ;D

I just hope everyone overlooks us.

Carlisle dropped it as well. There's no hope for the Bison since Bo and Deron are gone.

THA TRUTH

Good honesty from that guy

bigworm

[/quote]Carlisle dropped it as well. There's no hope for the Bison since Bo and Deron are gone.
[/quote]

not so fast, my friend!! The bizen have the next best thing......................BRAZEALS!!!

THA TRUTH

I'm sorry but is day the next best would be kamrawn Russell but he graduated five years ago

(Prolly misspelled his name)

bigworm

He was a good one fo sho. DD Mclain was a dandy too.

big E

Season is almost here if it goes like the waether look out Pw got new lights and it wont stop raining long enough to get them put up.

BigLion10

I remember a couple of years ago in p-w when the whole visiting side lights went off and they resumed play in the dark

bigworm

big E

We must have been losing as usual.

bigworm

How them boys lookin over there this year big E?

RiverEagle079

Des Arc is the type of team that just keeps there mouth shut and dives back into working always trying to improve until the Friday Night Lights come on then they are out to shine.

big E

Worm to be honest I don't know my five year old shadow keeps me busy line should have more size due to some move ins need more depth at rb and gotta find a qb lost a good coach that the kids loved just have to wait and see.

bigworm

Quote from: big E on July 18, 2014, 10:43:03 am
Worm to be honest I don't know my five year old shadow keeps me busy line should have more size due to some move ins need more depth at rb and gotta find a qb lost a good coach that the kids loved just have to wait and see.

yep. Coach simms is a fire ball. Shuda just named him HC. Mountain View got a good one.

mtindian42

hazen should win it. they are loaded...

RiverEagle079

Hazen can win it but its going to be a fight against every team.  All except two maybe three teams have the capability to put Hazen on their heels.

big E

Quote from: bigworm on July 18, 2014, 08:18:54 pm
Quote from: big E on July 18, 2014, 10:43:03 am

yep. Coach simms is a fire ball. Shuda just named him HC. Mountain View got a good one.

Dont think that would have mattered worm I kinda got the feeling that his wife wasnt very comfortable around all these skeeters and cotton mouths.

mcnewfamily

if things keep going the way they here in mccrory. we will not make a impact at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dragon I

mcnewfamily

losing 4 or 5 players due to grades and /or just ot going to play.2 or 3 lineman, 2 wr. 1 was a skill position starter and will effect the team in a real bad way.

big E

Know that feeling well mcnew been happening here for 8 years think you have a good grouo and poof they stop playing.

FD4

Hmmmmm, not good at all.  Strange how that period of growth from JR high to SR high seems to weed out those that elect to take the easy way out.  Those guys will regret it the rest of their lives and wonder if they could have made a difference.  If your one of those guys and are reading this, take it from someone who knows first hand.  I quit, and still to this day realize, I should have at least give it a chance.

big E

This generation of kids puzzles me.

RiverEagle079

I dont see how it can puzzle you it should be understood and accepted as consequences of peoples actions as parents. I see more kids get away with alot more than I ever did when I was in school. 

big E

Thats what puzzles me.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas