• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6AA in 2014

Started by jags to the rock, June 15, 2014, 12:14:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jags to the rock

1. McCrory

BIG GAP

everybody else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

big E

Funny im sure Hazen will have some say in that.

jags to the rock

June 15, 2014, 01:13:56 pm #2 Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 01:59:17 pm by jags to the rock
Quote from: big E on June 15, 2014, 12:40:45 pm
From what I've been told from folks down that way, they have had ALOT of internal problems. After an EMBARRESSING loss to Carlisle, and then a loss to DA and TWO losses to EPC last year, with 20 starters returning from the year before, and really high expectations for that group. They got the "pitch forks and torches burning" trying to get rid of their coaches. They are still there, but not much faith in them. That cant be good for their already "so so" program.

mcnewfamily

mccrory don't make the kids get there head in the books, they won't do anything. also they don't have no disicliplne at all. too many hot heads and no smarts on the field to avoid getting penilities. we are one of the worst and most penlizied teams in the aa.

jags to the rock

Quote from: mcnewfamily on June 15, 2014, 01:31:49 pm
mccrory don't make the kids get there head in the books, they won't do anything. also they don't have no disicliplne at all. too many hot heads and no smarts on the field to avoid getting penilities. we are one of the worst and most penlizied teams in the aa.
I have a little more faith in the coaches and boys than that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jbtiger73

Hey jags, Brinkley wont be a cake walk either with losing only 3 starters. And a much improved attitudes in the classroom and weightroom

jags to the rock

Quote from: jbtiger73 on June 15, 2014, 02:03:49 pm
Hey jags, Brinkley wont be a cake walk either with losing only 3 starters. And a much improved attitudes in the classroom and weightroom
Looking for a head coach in the middle of summer will be a set back for Brinkley.

jbtiger73

We already have a new one. Just haven't formally announced it yet. We're good

Coach Mac D

Quote from: jags to the rock on June 15, 2014, 01:13:56 pm
From what I've been told from folks down that way, they have had ALOT of internal problems. After an EMBARRESSING loss to Carlisle, and then a loss to DA and TWO losses to EPC last year, with 20 starters returning from the year before, and really high expectations for that group. They got the "pitch forks and torches burning" trying to get rid of their coaches. They are still there, but not much faith in them. That cant be good for their already "so so" program.

How do these parents opinion effect the players?

big E

I would like to hear that answer myself coach from what I seen with my own eyes in the playoff game last year Jags need to work out on some defence and I promise The Hornets will be fine.

jags to the rock

Quote from: Coach Mac D on June 15, 2014, 07:18:34 pm

If your asking on FF, I'd probably say they are influenced by mom and dad. Just an outside opinion.

Coach Mac D

Exactly the person that provides food, clothing and shelter are the foundation of the program. If they support the program unconditionally then their child is successful. The parents that have conditions and certain expectations for their undivided support them their child never reaches their true potential. In order for hazen to reach these lofty expectations then they need undivided and unconditional support.

I have seen it first hand in 11 years. The teams in hazen that dont have lofty expectations and are the underdog perform better and the teams with lofty expectations with the bulls eye on their back under perform.

jags to the rock

Quote from: Coach Mac D on June 15, 2014, 07:50:14 pm
Exactly the person that provides food, clothing and shelter are the foundation of the program. If they support the program unconditionally then their child is successful. The parents that have conditions and certain expectations for their undivided support them their child never reaches their true potential. In order for hazen to reach these lofty expectations then they need undivided and unconditional support.

I have seen it first hand in 11 years. The teams in hazen that dont have lofty expectations and are the underdog perform better and the teams with lofty expectations with the bulls eye on their back under perform.
Sounds like there are problems.

dragon_fan97

from what i heard they beat y'all 22-0 while having offensive line difficulties last year
  ??? ???

echo5whiskey

June 15, 2014, 08:06:27 pm #14 Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 08:15:08 pm by echo5whiskey
Quote from: dragon_fan97 on June 15, 2014, 08:02:53 pm
from what i heard they beat y'all 22-0 while having offensive line difficulties last year
  ??? ???
I would put Hazen and McCrory in the running for the 6AA title. Only problem is the 6AA will be down compared to the past few years.

jags to the rock

Quote from: dragon_fan97 on June 15, 2014, 08:02:53 pm
  ??? ???
That's true, they did but I believe this year will be ALOT different.

Coach Mac D

People say it will be down but that is not true completely. Carlisle will be good once again even with out weddle and ricks. Des arc will be allot better than people think. You better not over look them and the true teams you better not over look is Clarendon, Brinkley and PW. Those teams have started doing things right and have some coaches that are raising expectations and working to back it up. You add mccrory and Augusta to the mix and you got a really stronger conference.

Carlisle, Des Arc, McCrory, Hazen, Clarendon, Brinkley, PW, Augusta, Marvell is allot better conference than people will give credit. What order they finish in will be greatly determined by who works harder.

mcnewfamily

like I said  the jags will have to work on discipline. I would bet right now I know of 2 that will get kicked out of  at least 2 games, and will avg 60 plus yards in personal fouls over the coarse of the year. great coaches but kids just won't listen, but with that said mccrory will finish in the top 2 in the 6aa this year.

MomaLion

Quote from: jags to the rock on June 15, 2014, 12:14:44 pm
1. McCrory

BIG GAP

everybody else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL, better watch out being so cocky...it'll bite you in the hinny.

MomaLion

Quote from: mcnewfamily on June 15, 2014, 01:31:49 pm
I've heard this before...that there would be more than one player ejected during the season for their hot head...saw it in baseball as well.

MomaLion

Quote from: jbtiger73 on June 15, 2014, 02:03:49 pm
I'm looking for Brinkley to make some noise this year...go Tigers ...if Clarendon can't do it, i'm pulling for Brinkley  :) and Clarendon is still building so while they will be improved, any serious run will be a few years off.

MomaLion

Quote from: Coach Mac D on June 15, 2014, 07:18:34 pm
Hazen is a football town...i'm sure the players hear it from every corner when they don't meet expectations...that said, they won't lay down and play dead either.

MomaLion

Quote from: Coach Mac D on June 15, 2014, 08:28:05 pm
People say it will be down but that is not true completely. Carlisle will be good once again even with out weddle and ricks. Des arc will be allot better than people think. You better not over look them and the true teams you better not over look is Clarendon, Brinkley and PW. Those teams have started doing things right and have some coaches that are raising expectations and working to back it up. You add mccrory and Augusta to the mix and you got a really stronger conference.

Carlisle, Des Arc, McCrory, Hazen, Clarendon, Brinkley, PW, Augusta, Marvell is allot better conference than people will give credit. What order they finish in will be greatly determined by who works harder.
Well said Coach  :)

cav2012

Haters gone hate. Have fun with second place mccrory!!!haha

big E

Now we are starting to wake up!!!

jags to the rock

Quote from: cav2012 on June 16, 2014, 04:10:12 am
Haters gone hate. Have fun with second place mccrory!!!haha
[/quote I hope you guys can just get along.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

I hope everybody just over looks des arc.

THA TRUTH

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Beard_4_Life

I think McCrory won't be as good this year as last. I heard they r losing 2 or 3 starters maybe even 4 who just decided not to play this year. They might have a lttile trouble unless they hit the weight room real hard this summer because they lack strength and size up front. And they don't have much help coming up from junior high either. Should be an interesting year for the jags. I could see them finishing conference any where from 2nd to 5th this year.

Coach Mac D

Ventman

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on June 16, 2014, 01:59:17 pm

I hope they do the same for Carlisle as well Pick.

Dragon I

Ricks and Bo are gone, Carlisle isn't even going to be close to the team they were last year. 

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Coach Mac D on June 16, 2014, 03:29:22 pm
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on June 16, 2014, 02:04:48 pm
Quote from: THA TRUTH on June 16, 2014, 02:02:19 pm
As they should

Go ahead and see what happens.

Tha Truth is not from 6aa!

I know that, he's from the best conference, the 8. And there is only one team from there that des arc has a problem beating.

Ventman

Quote from: Dragon I on June 16, 2014, 03:54:18 pm
Ricks and Bo are gone, Carlisle isn't even going to be close to the team they were last year.
Didnt  say they would be the same, just hope teams overlook them.

Lions84

DA, HAZEN AND THE SCOURGE will keep McCroy humble this year.

jags to the rock

Quote from: Lions84 on June 16, 2014, 07:02:36 pm
There is a new sheriff in town!!!!

Lions84

Quote from: jags to the rock on June 16, 2014, 07:05:24 pm
Quote from: Lions84 on June 16, 2014, 07:02:36 pm
There is a new sheriff in town!!!!

Only between your ears.  DA went to the title game last year and the Scourge and Scrapper-Hornets are always in the Hunt.

mcnewfamily

mccrory will be loaded and a lot better than last year. will be huge up front just need to stay healthy. like I said needs a couple to hit the books really hard, need to work on discipline,and lower the 15 yd penlities. if they can do that or even reduce it some, they will hard too beat.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: mcnewfamily on June 16, 2014, 07:33:11 pm
mccrory will be loaded and a lot better than last year. will be huge up front just need to stay healthy. like I said needs a couple to hit the books really hard, need to work on discipline,and lower the 15 yd penlities. if they can do that or even reduce it some, they will hard too beat.

If they didn't hit the books this past school year, it's too late now.

mcnewfamily

got one on the bubble so to speak. hadn't heard if he made it or not. have way too many cutting it way too close though. got a couple that didn't play last year that may come back out. big boys if they do.

bigworm

Quote from: Ventman on June 16, 2014, 03:37:53 pm
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on June 16, 2014, 01:59:17 pm

I hope they do the same for Carlisle as well Pick.

Noone overlooks the bizen, cuz. Been too good for too long. I'm sure they will hold their own this year again.

MomaLion

Quote from: mcnewfamily on June 16, 2014, 09:33:26 pm
got one on the bubble so to speak. hadn't heard if he made it or not. have way too many cutting it way too close though. got a couple that didn't play last year that may come back out. big boys if they do.
If they are having that much trouble with grades, maybe football is the last thing they need to be worried about.  That's where the parents should be put in check for letting the priorities slip.

mrkingark

Quote from: MomaLion on June 16, 2014, 11:29:40 pm
If they are having that much trouble with grades, maybe football is the last thing they need to be worried about.  That's where the parents should be put in check for letting the priorities slip.

Sports should only  be taken from kids as a last resort.  Take the cell phones, vehicles, computers and video games....that will solve problems.  To many times parents wants to keep them from playing and lets the kids keep other things.  Make them ride the bus, but keep sports, the coaches will push them harder than anyone else!  Lot of life lessons taught in sports, that can be valuable down the road.

Coach Mac D

Quote from: mrkingark on June 17, 2014, 09:35:06 am

Sports should only  be taken from kids as a last resort.  Take the cell phones, vehicles, computers and video games....that will solve problems.  To many times parents wants to keep them from playing and lets the kids keep other things.  Make them ride the bus, but keep sports, the coaches will push them harder than anyone else!  Lot of life lessons taught in sports, that can be valuable down the road.

I completely agree but my parents didn't agree. I made one C in the spring of 8th grade and they took summer baseball away from me and it broke my heart but I never made another c in my life. Till college at least. Lol the truth is they don't like sports very much if they can't make a 2.0 honestly

Logans Mom

Quote from: Coach Mac D on June 17, 2014, 10:09:08 am
Quote from: mrkingark on June 17, 2014, 09:35:06 am

I completely agree but my parents didn't agree. I made one C in the spring of 8th grade and they took summer baseball away from me and it broke my heart but I never made another c in my life. Till college at least. Lol the truth is they don't like sports very much if they can't make a 2.0 honestly
+1...Good post!  Totally agree with McNew on the penalty problem.  Good luck Jags  ;)

THA TRUTH

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Coach Mac D

Junction city graduates over 50 a year and that is just what graduates. It's not even a fair comparison. I don't understand why you would be so rude to des arc. It was an amazing accomplishment for them to even be in the championship game.

You know its not right that junction city fans cant be more humble about their accomplishments. They are playing 2a ball with 3a numbers. All you got to do is look up their public school improvemnet plan that states their enrollment. I dont know how they get away with it but they do. I dont rreally care until I see people talking crap to des arc. You should have to face booneville next year. When they have 100 more students than you do. The thing is i bet booneville would be humble and not rub it it your face like you do everyone else. Win with class player!

Lions84

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas