• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jack Keith is new Bison football coach

Started by LC sports, June 12, 2014, 10:36:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LC sports

bigworm

LJ06

Jack1990

AirWarren

June 13, 2014, 08:08:12 am #4 Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 08:11:22 am by AirWarren
Former Hamburg Lion, Boll Weevil and Lumberjack assistant. Congrats.

JJYahoo

Congrats Coach Keith!!  I am glad that they kept it in house

LJ06

Great coach, great guy, and a great program to take over.

Jacketman65

Don't know the man but he is stepping into a school with lots of tradition.  The kids there know how to work and most importantly WIN!

OT15

I really don't think this is a good hire! No experience. We have lots of tradition and high expectations and I don't think he can meet those. I hope I'm wrong.

jags to the rock

McCrory will take the 6AA in 2014! From what Ive been told this will be the weakest bison team since 2005. 1-9 that year worst in over 25 years.

THA TRUTH

Carlisle is a traditionally good playoff team

jags to the rock

Quote from: THA TRUTH on June 14, 2014, 02:37:25 pm
They have been but, the talent has graduated.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: jags to the rock on June 14, 2014, 06:55:28 pm

and the next supposedly better round of talent is in the Junior High Ranks...

jags to the rock

Quote from: HF on June 14, 2014, 07:05:37 pm
Quote from: jags to the rock on June 14, 2014, 06:55:28 pm

and the next supposedly better round of talent is in the Junior High Ranks...
They will have to be pretty good to be better than the studs that just graduated.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: jags to the rock on June 14, 2014, 12:28:53 pm
McCrory will take the 6AA in 2014! From what Ive been told this will be the weakest bison team since 2005. 1-9 that year worst in over 25 years.

Mccrory will have to be very good to step into the 2nd best conference in 2A and win it. This is not the 3, we play real football in the 6.

AirWarren

Quote from: OT15 on June 14, 2014, 11:13:05 am
I really don't think this is a good hire! No experience. We have lots of tradition and high expectations and I don't think he can meet those. I hope I'm wrong.

Read more. Post less.

jags to the rock

June 15, 2014, 09:07:07 am #16 Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 11:42:03 am by jags to the rock
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on June 15, 2014, 05:45:51 am

Mccrory will have to be very good to step into the 2nd best conference in 2A and win it. This is not the 3, we play real football in the 6.
McCrory will be the team to beat in the 6aa this year. Everyone else graduated everything, we were sophemores last year.

cuz

Quote from: AirWarren on June 15, 2014, 07:23:06 am

Read more. Post less.
;)

AirWarren

Quote from: cuz on June 15, 2014, 09:45:11 am

Read more. Post less.
;)

Thank you. Dustin Prescott had no experience either. He was  UAM grad, coached Defense at Warren for a couple of years then went to Des Arc. Seems to be doing JUST fine there.

THA TRUTH

Oh stop the 6 will be down this year

OT15

Like I said, I hope I'm wrong. I haven't been impressed with the defense. They've been good, but not great. Need to be more physical. Talent will be down a little bit so we will see how good of a coach he is. Carlisle hasn't always had the best athletes, but we won games b/c of coaching and hardwork and being fundamentally sound. Hopefully Keith will be as good as James Clayton and get the bison back to being a smash mouth football team. Kinda like the one that made McCrory forfeit the game at the start of the 2nd qtr in 1999. I think we ran out of ambulances and stretchers.

Jack1990

Read more. Post less.
AW...it would be tough for him to post any less! 

But knowing Coach Keith, I'd say he should do pretty good. 

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: AirWarren on June 15, 2014, 10:09:07 am
Quote from: cuz on June 15, 2014, 09:45:11 am

Read more. Post less.
;)

Thank you. Dustin Prescott had no experience either. He was  UAM grad, coached Defense at Warren for a couple of years then went to Des Arc. Seems to be doing JUST fine there.

Actually he made a stop in Barton, didn't he?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: THA TRUTH on June 15, 2014, 04:22:56 pm

Oh stop the 6 will be down this year

You base that on what info?

OT15

And what is your info based on as to why he is going to be such a great coach.

Dragon I

The best players in the conference leaving and no one stepping into their shoes that are on the same level?  Just a guess.  Don't act like there is another Bo, Ricks or Holloway coming through this year.  Plus coaching changes and turmoil at the best programs.  None of it adds up to great success for the conference.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Dragon I on June 17, 2014, 08:48:39 pm
The best players in the conference leaving and no one stepping into their shoes that are on the same level?  Just a guess.  Don't act like there is another Bo, Ricks or Holloway coming through this year.  Plus coaching changes and turmoil at the best programs.  None of it adds up to great success for the conference.

Carlisle and Brinkley are the only ones with coaching changes...what did I miss for turmoil?

SECFOOTBALLFAN

McCrory sucks, quit bringing them up in this thread, Best is gone and they lost 92-6 to them Red Devils once upon a time which is still a stain on that program.

Keith is a great hire.  He knows football, he's great with kids, and he will make the Carlisle fanbase proud.

Jack1990

Quote from: OT15 on June 17, 2014, 04:50:16 pm
And why do I think someone just created a profile to bash the hire of Coach Keith?

Nowhere did I ever say he was a great coach...that is yet to be seen.  My comments were based on when I watched him coaching at Warren.  He seemed to be a good coach then.  And that is all that I said about him now. 

SECFOOTBALLFAN

He's just Carlisle's senior left tackle trying to get info on his new daddy.  Don't be hard on him.

Son, ya'll will be just fine, Keith knows what he's doing.

And stop posting on fearless, I can tell you that Coach Keith does not approve.

Jack1990

Quote from: SECFOOTBALLFAN on June 18, 2014, 12:00:28 pm

He's just Carlisle's senior left tackle trying to get info on his new daddy.  Don't be hard on him.

+1

OT15

First of all, I'm not your son, nor am I a kid. I'm grown. I did play for carlisle at one point though. So I do have the right to be skeptical and ask questions as to why you put him on a high horse. I just don't think it's a good hire. Not only because of the lack of experience but who's to say that in 3 or 4 years he will still be here. Carlisle needs a coach that will stay here. Hopefully he stays and continues to build on the foundation that we already have and lead the team to the championship that's been eluding us for so long. I hope he proves me wrong. But we need a guy that's not going to jump to another school. We need a coach that stays for 20 years, like the one that built Carlisle into what it is today.

SECFOOTBALLFAN

It's 2014, liberals control all the propaganda, liberals control the government, liberals control football (see "spread" offense, proposed AAA practice rules, NFL tackling rules, etc)

Values held in 2014 Liberal America: "equality" in the sense that all minorities (based on ethnicity, gender, religious affiliation, and sexual orientation) are rewarded endlessly, and if you're a straight white christian male then you are the only demographic who isn't rewarded for being a member of that demographic....ie tax breaks, college scholarships, and job hirings, and more of this "equality" "equality" and "equality"

Values not held in 2014 Liberal America: Loyalty, hard work, rewarding someone based on merit, and Jesus

Moral to the story is, everybody wants a coach that will be at their school for 25 years.  It ain't happening...

DogsWin7

Quote from: SECFOOTBALLFAN on June 19, 2014, 09:48:11 am
It's 2014, liberals control all the propaganda, liberals control the government, liberals control football (see "spread" offense, proposed AAA practice rules, NFL tackling rules, etc)

Values held in 2014 Liberal America: "equality" in the sense that all minorities (based on ethnicity, gender, religious affiliation, and sexual orientation) are rewarded endlessly, and if you're a straight white christian male then you are the only demographic who isn't rewarded for being a member of that demographic....ie tax breaks, college scholarships, and job hirings, and more of this "equality" "equality" and "equality"

Values not held in 2014 Liberal America: Loyalty, hard work, rewarding someone based on merit, and Jesus

Moral to the story is, everybody wants a coach that will be at their school for 25 years.  It ain't happening...

Can we frame this??    Best thing I've read today.

You should try posting on the Political Forums....:)

JJYahoo

Are we talking about the same guy who trampled other programs at that school to make sure he got on top?  He didn't care about any sport or program but football.  Basketball players couldn't touch a ball except during December to February.  There was some talent there that could have competed and won on the hardwood, but nothing was allowed in the spring or summer while other schools were doing it.  I will give the man credit.  He won a lot of games!!

OT15

Yeah we are talking about the same guy. The one that "trampled" other programs. Not his fault the other teams weren't as good and couldn't stop the bison. He's the reason carlisle has a new field house. Which should be named in his honor. They don't make coaches like him and McClellan anymore.

footballfanz

June 24, 2014, 10:29:16 pm #36 Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 10:31:50 pm by footballfanz
Quote from: Jack1990 on June 18, 2014, 12:35:22 pm
Quote from: SECFOOTBALLFAN on June 18, 2014, 12:00:28 pm

+1
I am Carlisles left tackles daddy what dose that mean?

Lions84

GOOD Hire for the Scorge.  And McCroy fans need to put down the Kool aid. If the Jags finish in the top 3 this Fall I will be impressed.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas