• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brinkley in the market for a head coach Jb?

Started by big E, June 04, 2014, 07:12:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

big E

Herd coach Duncan went to Wynne any news Jb.

Wildbison12

Really can't believe he left, thought they were on the way up

jbtiger73

Talked to him earlier. No truth to it. He loves it in Brinkley actually. But definitely not true. I'll be around him at our football camp next Saturday tho

morriltondevildog

is this Duncan who was an all American at AR Tech in baseball?  great guy but not sure if my info is correct.

jbtiger73

morriltondevildog

I keep hearing that he is going to Wynne...

jbtiger73

I talk to him 2 to 3 times a week. He's definitely not going anywhere

FD4

It might be that He and Coach Hill at Wynne are good friends, and may have talked about the plus minus things for a camp.  He may have just visited Coach Hill up here and a rumor got started from that, who knows.  Hope Brinkley is ready by the time season starts.  Best of luck for one of our old rivals.

jbtiger73

Yea. You're right. They are pretty tight. He talks with him all the time about different offensive strategies and mmaybe getting together for summer workouts between both teams

morriltondevildog

Ok maybe hes negotiating with BHS, but know for sure he was or was planning on going to Wynne for art job and coach fb /ba. 

Lions84

jbtiger73

Im tryin to tell y'all. He ain't going anywhere.

jbtiger73

Well, morriltondevildog. Talked with him today, and he is going to take the OC position at Wynne. More money and less stress. Probably going to promote Ethan Baker to head coach. He's originally from Vilonia. Really didn't want to go but it was an offer that was too good to pass up. Definitely wish him the best of luck.

hornetfever

Quote from: jbtiger73 on June 12, 2014, 11:50:36 pm
Im tryin to tell y'all. He ain't going anywhere.
Lol, like anybody would pass that up to stay in Brinkley.

big E

I knew my little birdie told me he was goin to wynne welcome to aa gentlemen  coahes come and go we had 2 leave at Pw and maybe another .Sorry I brought it up jb.

jbtiger73

Naw bro. Its cool. U hear what u hear. And turned out that u were right. But our guys aren't going anywhere. They actually understand and are very happy for him. Coach Baker is a great fit anyway. He's hard nosed, but fair. And the kids really love him.

jbtiger73

Its official today. Ethan Baker is the new HC at Brinkley. This will be his 3rd year at the school. Originally from Vilonia. Was a standout lineman and catcher at Vilonia. Very tough and passionate. But a great guy and the kids are happy that the school decided to promote him instead of bringing in someone. Definitely can't wait for the season now.

MomaLion

NWA Hawg

Was Ethan baker the only assistant they had last year?

jbtiger73

Yes he was. myself along with aanother former player are volunteer assistants. But we are hiring 2 more assistants I believe

big E

Careful jb im pretty sure the AAA dont allow volunteers in football basketball or track.

jbtiger73

As long as you don't call plays or run practice or drills. Just assist in them. Plus we're certified by the AAA. So were good

big E

Ok but im telling you if you get turned in probably gonna be a forfeit.Its happened before.just givin you a heads up.

Lions84

jbtiger73

We got it. We know how some coaches are. Will tell in a heartbeat. But we've got our I's dotted and T's crossed.

morriltondevildog

Quote from: jbtiger73 on June 13, 2014, 03:15:07 pm
Well, morriltondevildog. Talked with him today, and he is going to take the OC position at Wynne. More money and less stress. Probably going to promote Ethan Baker to head coach. He's originally from Vilonia. Really didn't want to go but it was an offer that was too good to pass up. Definitely wish him the best of luck.
OC?  hard to believe Hill giving that up esp with new coach not coming in til July maybe...

jbtiger73

Well not oc, my mistake. I think it's either rb's or receivers coach

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas