• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

my boys 2014

Started by Donnie Jamon, June 03, 2014, 09:59:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnie Jamon

Epc will be pretty good this year.  Need to find kids to get bigger and stronger if they are gonna make it to the Rock. 

Strengths:

It all starts with the qb. I believe we have one of the best in 2a. He struggled 2 games last year and it really hurt us in those games. One we won and the other a Bearden loss. We have 4 lineman coming back and a big 300 lber from Marion that moved in and becomes the strongest player at 315 bench press.  WR's are good but still need some work.  Def line with the add of 6'5 transfer from Manila should be really good.  Sec should be decent as well

Weakness

Gotta find somebody to run the ball.  Might get lucky with a transfer but can't wait for that.  We have to find someone or we might spread it out 5 wide.  We have the receivers to do it.  The LB spot is very thin. Been spoiled last 2 years with AJ Turber and Byron Scales but little bro and qb Aaron Scales will be on every tackle but got to find 2 more head hunters to fill in.

Overall we still have a lot of talent but is it enough to compete with the south is yet to be determined. If they get stronger they could make a run. The players have to buy into lifting to make this happen. You got to want it to take it

Elvis

6-7 wins, and 1 round exit ??? I cant see this team being anything but 3rd or 4th in conference this year. Earle & Cross Co will be the elite teams while EPC, MT & Walnut Ridge will fight for the next seeds. In the past you didn't know who to stop at EPC with all the weapons, but now its not hard to figure out who to stop. Unless transfers roll in I cant see them above 3rd.

bdubyab60

EPC still has plenty if weapons. You still won't know who to stop. May even be a little harder since the work horse McDaniel is gone. The QB from the Junior high team could fill in nicely for him at running back. Not as shifty as McDaniel but probably faster.
Might even see a move at QB. Malone is a solid backup, doesn't have the arm of scales but maybe a little more accurate. Could also see one if the receivers move to running back a couple of those with solid speed.

EPC will still have to be dealt with to win this conference. Though I picked EPC 3rd as well. Earle still has some question marks but they got speed and talent all over. CC has the best tandem if backs in the conference. Their big question mark is their line, they rely way to much on their backs to get yardage on their own.

EPC should finish anywhere from 1-3 barring any major injuries. IMO

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on June 03, 2014, 09:59:07 pm
Epc will be pretty good this year.  Need to find kids to get bigger and stronger if they are gonna make it to the Rock. 

Strengths:

It all starts with the qb. I believe we have one of the best in 2a. He struggled 2 games last year and it really hurt us in those games. One we won and the other a Bearden loss. We have 4 lineman coming back and a big 300 lber from Marion that moved in and becomes the strongest player at 315 bench press.  WR's are good but still need some work.  Def line with the add of 6'5 transfer from Manila should be really good.  Sec should be decent as well

Weakness

Gotta find somebody to run the ball.  Might get lucky with a transfer but can't wait for that.  We have to find someone or we might spread it out 5 wide.  We have the receivers to do it.  The LB spot is very thin. Been spoiled last 2 years with AJ Turber and Byron Scales but little bro and qb Aaron Scales will be on every tackle but got to find 2 more head hunters to fill in.

Overall we still have a lot of talent but is it enough to compete with the south is yet to be determined. If they get stronger they could make a run. The players have to buy into lifting to make this happen. You got to want it to take it

Which kid left Marion?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas