• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A Top Ten Sign-Up

Started by HorseFeathers, May 29, 2014, 10:30:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

May 29, 2014, 10:30:36 pm Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 03:53:03 pm by HF
Looking for at least 1 person from every conference....I'll do the 4-2A if nobody else signs up for it....

It'll still be open to everyone...Just that my worthy 6ish(Might be more depending on who's willing to participate) will be weighted.(We Don't want Marvell int eh top 10 do we? LoL)

Sooo Who's Up for it?

3--Bdub--DJ
4. HF
5--Biglion
6--BrianFromCarlisle--Pick Da Eagles
7--Mohawk---
8--Dragon I, Tha Truth..

bdubyab60

I'm in for the 3 unless someone else wants it.

Mohawk 54

I will do the 7 unless somebody else wants to do it.

BigLion10

Dragon I

BrianfromCarlisle

THA TRUTH

Dragon I

Donnie Jamon

I'll help out for any conference that you need.. 

cav2012

Hazen at the TOP O.V.

Marvell at 9

THA TRUTH

Pick_DA_EAGLES

HorseFeathers

Can we get 1 more? I'll send out a way...to Early top ten voting link if we can get 10. We'll do one for the Fathers Day Ballot, then one after say July 4th..Then one for the week of Game 1. That way, we get the we're very uninformed poll, the We're confused by the premium content guys preseason poll...and the we've been swayed by very persuasive arguments by posters on this board preseason polls...

Oh yeah, should not voting J.C #1 automatically get you tossed from the committee?

outlaw2929

Donnie Jamon

Yes JC should be everyone's #1 until they lose to a 2A school

BrianfromCarlisle

I will agree that JC should be unanimous #1   

Mohawk 54

Agree, if you can't vote JC  #1 until they loss to another 2A school, you don't need to be voting.

dragon

THA TRUTH

Quote from: dragon on June 04, 2014, 05:54:49 am
i'm in for 8

Ur obviously not seeing as to how the pecking order goes Dragon I, THA TRUTH, and all others

dragon

Quote from: THA TRUTH on June 04, 2014, 06:31:03 am
Quote from: dragon on June 04, 2014, 05:54:49 am
i'm in for 8

Ur obviously not seeing as to how the pecking order goes Dragon I, THA TRUTH, and all others
You obviously did not see what it read above "I'M IN!!!" Peck on that.

#72 Bearden Bear

Put me in for 8, unless tha truth got a problem with me too? 8's pretty easy, only problem is who to put at #2, Bearden or Rison.

LJ06

Good to see ya keeping it going HF! Good luck!

Alien

So what are the requirements to be on the panel? Do you actuallly need to have some knowledge of the conference teams you are representing or can you be a newbie to the conference and just figure it out as the year progresses?

BigLion10

June 09, 2014, 06:23:27 pm #23 Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 06:27:04 pm by BigLion10
Honestly other than JC I have no idea what 2-10 will look like as I have no idea what anybody has coming back this year unlike years past I'll have to read hootens lol

HorseFeathers

i'mnot limiting it to just the panel. It's open to everyone. Just my balanced panel will probably represent about 2\3 of the points awarded based on votes.

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: BigLion10 on June 09, 2014, 06:23:27 pm
Honestly other than JC I have no idea what 2-10 will look like as I have no idea what anybody has coming back this year unlike years past I'll have to read hootens lol

Earle should be competitive immediately in 2A. Maybe even the second-best team.

Just some background: The last team to beat Junction City in the state are the Earle Bulldogs back in week 1 of 2012.

Just saying...

THA TRUTH

When jc was breaking in a new offense in the worst weather u could imagine

MomaLion

Quote from: THA TRUTH on June 15, 2014, 11:29:44 pm
When jc was breaking in a new offense in the worst weather u could imagine
Why do you feel the need to list excuses?  Everyone knows JC is the number one RIGHT NOW...it's reign will come to an end eventually however...look at Barton.  It's really ok to not be the best always, really.

DragonBorn

MomaLion

Quote from: DragonBorn on June 16, 2014, 12:57:45 am
That's what losers say
Well if being a "winner" requires such emphasis on being the best all the time, i'm glad to be a "loser"...btw, we weren't the loser in March were we???

cav2012

Can't win in the real world so you better win in highschool!!! Go dragons!!!

MomaLion

Quote from: cav2012 on June 16, 2014, 04:12:15 am
Can't win in the real world so you better win in highschool!!! Go dragons!!!
Speak for yourself, some of us are winning in real life  ;)

HorseFeathers

To much going on right now in personal life to make a google form like last year but if everyone that wants to vote would just send me your top ten in a PM or post them in this thread and we'll roll from there. . .

Dragon I

June 16, 2014, 01:16:42 pm #33 Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 02:52:15 pm by Dragon I
1. JC
2. Earle
3. Rison
4. Bearden
5. Dierks
6. Gurdon
7. Hazen
8. England
9. Hector
10. McCrory

I post this with the full belief that #2 through #6 are interchangeable, as is #7 through #10.  2A should be a lot of fun.  Hey HF, could we get get an over/under going on the number of JC kids on the Sonic Super Team.
?  I think it should be a minimum of 5.   So there will probably only be 2. 

I keep wanting to modify my post.  It just doesn't seem right without Carlisle and Des Arc somewhere in there, but both lost so much.  Someone tell me why I should have them in there and where at.

bdubyab60

1. JC- Nothing new here.
2. Earle- Semi final run in 3A was a surprise. A lot of returning parts, did lose playmakers but always plenty to fill the spots.
3. Rison- We be solis as ususal, can they beat Bearden to get that 2 spot this year. Doing that coul dmean a little deeper run fo rhte Wildcats.
4. Gurdon- Lost their do everything QB and coach. Think losing the QB hurts worse than the coach according to the Go-Devil fans. Maybe they get off the same side of the bracket with JC and Bearden to make a run.
5. Bearden- Got one of the best QB's in 2A and play defense like crazy. Both can win you some ballgames. Depth may be the issue for the Bears unless numbers come up.
6. Dierks- Solid returning group, had some injuries last year at the wrong time. Program on the rise.
7. Hazen- Pretty young team last year and it showed when they played their big games. Many believe this is the year for the Hornets to get over that second round hump. Should be favored in the 6
8. England- dont know much about the Lions but beleive they have a good returning squad by reading on here.
9. McCrory- Discipline and turnovers hurt the young Jags last year. If they clean up their act they have one the best running back combos in 2A. this is one team I think can be really good or not live up to expectations from their performances in JR high.
10. Hector- By the way HF talks they got a good coach and new life in the program. maybe a return to the playoffs will keep that going.

Right on the door step.
Cross County- Definetly have 2 of the best backs in 2A. Davis and Turner boht over 1400 yards last year I believe. If their line has grown up watch out. By the way Davis got 300 of his 1500 yards on a bum ankle the last 3 games.

East Poinsett County- Did lose 7 seniors that played big minutes. Believe they will still have plenty of offense. Believe the line play will be better this year with a couple of transfers that moved in last year and a couple of sophomores that should help some. Defense will be the week point as the Warriors lose 2 linebackers, 2 corners and defensive end. Big shoes to fill.

HorseFeathers

if junction city lives up to expectationis this year you might be able to justify all 22 spots going to them :-)    seriously without knowing a whole lot about the other teams in 2a going into the summer 5 probably isn't unrealistic.    btw you guys probably have hector to high. We got a lot of question marks like both lines, number one running back and recievers. . . .  Other hector fans don't take me wrong but this year determines if we're back to be a state wide competitor in my book.  .  . 

Pick_DA_EAGLES

1. J.C.
2. Rison
3. Earle
4. Dierks
5. Bearden
6. Gurdon
7. Hazen
8. Mccrory
9. Cross County
10. England

BigLion10

1 JC
2 Earle
3 Bearden
4 Rison
5 Dierks
6 Gurdon
7 Hazen
8 Hector
9 England
10 Mccrory

HorseFeathers

Any votes recieved after Saturday 6ish p.m will not count. It's slow this time of year so that gets everyone time to have passed through...

bdubyab60

Quote from: HF on June 16, 2014, 05:08:55 pm
if junction city lives up to expectationis this year you might be able to justify all 22 spots going to them :-)    seriously without knowing a whole lot about the other teams in 2a going into the summer 5 probably isn't unrealistic.    btw you guys probably have hector to high. We got a lot of question marks like both lines, number one running back and recievers. . . .  Other hector fans don't take me wrong but this year determines if we're back to be a state wide competitor in my book.  .  .
Quite a few teams can fit in at the 10 though HF. That was the spot no one wanted last year.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bdubyab60 on June 16, 2014, 09:57:31 pm
Quote from: HF on June 16, 2014, 05:08:55 pm
Quite a few teams can fit in at the 10 though HF. That was the spot no one wanted last year.

Haha I know...1-6 was consistent....7-around 12 was a revolving door most of the season lol

dragon

1. JC
2. Rison
3. Bearden
4. Earle
5. Dierks
6. Carlisle
7. Hazen
8. Gurdon
9. EPC
10. Hector

#72 Bearden Bear

1. jc
2. bearden
3. rison
4. carlisle
5. earle
6. epc
7 dierks
8. gurdon
9. hazen
10. mccrory

Dragon I

Can't see Carlisle being in the top 7 with what they lost.  After the top 7 or so it's just a guess.

outlaw2929

1. JC
2. Rison
3. Bearden
4. Earle
5. Dierks
6. Carlisle
7. Hazen
8. Gurdon
9. EPC
10. Mt. Ida

Mohawk 54

1 JC
2 Earle
3 Rison
4 Gurdon
5 Bearden
6 Dierks
7 Hazen
8 McCrory
9 EPC
10 Hector

HorseFeathers

Hmm....Gonna extend this until Monday.

Pit Bull

1 JC
2 Bearden
3 Rison
4 Gurdon
5 Hector
6 Dierks
7 Hazen
8 McCrory
9 EPC
10 Earle

Dragon I

5. Hector  ???
10. Earle  ???

WOW!

bdubyab60

I sense some sarcasm or maybe a bulldog fan trying to pull the wool over our eyes. lol

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas