• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Next Carlisle head coach?

Started by LCC, May 29, 2014, 12:09:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Laughing_Cow

I've also noticed Widner is really good about coaching them hard and being tough on them but he builds them back up. Kids seem to like him and respond to him.

Wildbison12

What I like is coaches that post stuff about their selves like Widner(Laughing Cow) and if you look back he posted about himself in the Des Arc thread under a different name. If you want to self promote yourself do it under your own name.

Wildbison12

Isn't that right rabbit, I'm sure the world is waiting for what coaches in Lonoke are doing

The_Laughing_Cow

Nope...my son played for him. I've had a fearless Friday account for less than a month. Idk where your info is coming from. Sorry to have upset you it seems by voicing an opinion.

Wildbison12

I'm excited to see who we get, most of the applicants have more than 3 years exp.

Michiganhog

Who all applied?  Tradition rich program.

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: Michiganhog on June 02, 2014, 09:43:24 pm

I was told that Mark Uhiren applied.

No joke.

Big Country

To all who post about Coach Widener please spell his name right .... Thank you

Wildbison12

Yeah sounds like a guy who would misspell his name on purpose to throw people off, and I wonder why laughing cow's only other post was about a coaching opening in Stuttgart. Parents usually start on Fearless to ask those questions??????  Sounds a little fishy to me!

hawgrule

Quote from: MarionBlueDevil on June 03, 2014, 01:17:55 am

No joke.

wouldn't doubt it, thats where he is from

Prairie Duster

Quote from: MarionBlueDevil on June 03, 2014, 01:17:55 am

No joke.
Mark is a Carlisle boy and yes he has applied!

Wildbison12

For the record lets stop talking about 2 or 3rd year guys that don't deserve the job and lets talk about guys that have earned the chance to get a job like this. Carlisle is tradition rich and needs someone who can carry that on.

xcat

I sent my info in.
Prior HC exp., college coaching exp.
Would like to resettle in a more rural area, buy some land, kill some deer, have a big ole dog... and win some football games. ;D

Wildbison12

Not a lot of Deer, but a lot of duck and dove.....don't get me excited ;D

Big Country

Quote from: Wildbison12 on June 03, 2014, 10:02:16 am
For the record lets stop talking about 2 or 3rd year guys that don't deserve the job and lets talk about guys that have earned the chance to get a job like this. Carlisle is tradition rich and needs someone who can carry that on.

How has he not earned a chance  ??? ??? ???

What is your beef with him anyway???????

For the record

Wildbison12

Big Country (May be Widener) you seem to be getting way to heated about this......hmmmmmmm  All I've said is we have better applicants with more experience, who know a lot more. I'm sure the guy is a nice person....I just want the best coach

Big Country

June 03, 2014, 11:54:22 am #66 Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 12:02:51 pm by Big Country
Not Mr. Widener I assure you , No what you said was a 2nd or 3rd year guy doesn't deserve a shot, why don't Coach Widener or any other young coach  deserve a shot ( where would Gus Malsahn be if Hughes hadn't gave him a chance) I would like your opinion on this matter, and again I can 100% assure that this is not Coach Widener since you think there is something ..... fishy going on.

Wildbison12

For every one Gus Malzahn there are 500,000 mistakes, and please don't compare yourself to Malzahn because that is funny right there :D  One more time there are just more qualified and better coaches who have applied.

Big Country

June 03, 2014, 12:43:18 pm #68 Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 12:45:59 pm by Big Country
Ok what part of I am not Coach Widener do you not understand because there seems to be some sticking point there, yes there are coaches with more yrs ,but you still did not explain why he doesn't deserve a chance ,do you know him? And the old there are better applicants out there doesn't work give me a reason

Wildbison12

Well I have a dog in this fight, why do you care would be a great question coach w?

Big Country

Geeeeez I figured it out you are really Widener you are using reverse psychology on every one to keep this post going good thinking "wildbison" hahahaha and for why I care he is a friend of mine who is your puppy in the hunt

bbeagle

June 03, 2014, 01:51:44 pm #71 Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 01:53:33 pm by bbeagle
Wildbison12 and everyone else...scroll over to Wildbison12's name and click.  Scan through his past post.  Anyone with any kind of sense can tell, from every post you've ever made on this site, that you sir...are a d*uche bag.  Trying to slander a coaches name on a public forum shouldn't be tolerated on this site or any other.  Shame on you, d*ouche.

Wildbison12

It's not slander to tell the truth:

Is he inexperienced: YES
Is he young: YES
Is he Gus Malzahn: NO
Is he posting about himself trying to blown himself up: YES
Are the coaches who applied more qualified: YES
But I find it weird that all the new fearless accounts keep popping up.......
My Opinion: We can do better than someone who comes on fearless trying to win a job

Wildbison12

And everyone look at all the guys posting on this topic and you'll see it's a coach from lonoke. Don't want to slander anyone!

bbeagle

Quote from: Wildbison12 on June 03, 2014, 02:28:02 pm

My Opinion: We can do better than someone who comes on fearless trying to win a job

You're right that he's young and not Gus, they don't look alike one bit.  Look at every thread on this site.  It's full of people posting that have never posted before.  Just because a guy like me posts one time doesn't mean I'm Widener.  I posted because I have a small history with the kid, and I know him well enough to say that he would never get on here and act the way that you're accusing him of acting. I live in a small town too and I know how they work. I just don't want to see anyone not get a fair shot at a job because of a rumor started by sh*t talkers on a computer. You need to remember that you're in Carlisle, AR.  A dried up, mosquito hole, rice patch town just like I'm sitting in. You should be honored to have a young, hungry, energetic coach even looking at the job.  I wish the best for the Bisons, but not giving this kid a shot would be a mistake.

Wildbison12

Its nice that you think so highly of our town that you want to be here Widener. This Dried up, Mosquito hole, rice patch town has won a lot more games than you or that kid however you want to say it ,have ever won. We are a proud town and want the best football coach, and he was given his shot was my understanding. So time to start some new names and start looking for the next one.

Wildbison12

And if he is the guy he'll love this Dried up town full of football crazy people.

hasenpfeffer

Quote from: bbeagle on June 03, 2014, 03:03:39 pm

You're right that he's young and not Gus, they don't look alike one bit.  Look at every thread on this site.  It's full of people posting that have never posted before.  Just because a guy like me posts one time doesn't mean I'm Widener.  I posted because I have a small history with the kid, and I know him well enough to say that he would never get on here and act the way that you're accusing him of acting. I live in a small town too and I know how they work. I just don't want to see anyone not get a fair shot at a job because of a rumor started by sh*t talkers on a computer. You need to remember that you're in Carlisle, AR.  A dried up, mosquito hole, rice patch town just like I'm sitting in. You should be honored to have a young, hungry, energetic coach even looking at the job.  I wish the best for the Bisons, but not giving this kid a shot would be a mistake.
I suggest we let Mr. Bizon live in his own world and wait for Nick Saban to apply but the truth is Carlisle's talent left the town in the last two years.  It does not matter who coaches them they have a challege the next three years.  I suggest hire a great recruiter and pray Hazen does not put 35 on the Bizon this year.  Go Hornets.  LOL

Big Country

Well I am 100% certain he has not posted about himself so you and your ego again are wrong so keep on thinking that and live in your little fantasy world have a nice day

BrianfromCarlisle

Quote from: hasenpfeffer on June 03, 2014, 03:36:32 pm
Quote from: bbeagle on June 03, 2014, 03:03:39 pm

I suggest we let Mr. Bizon live in his own world and wait for Nick Saban to apply but the truth is Carlisle's talent left the town in the last two years.  It does not matter who coaches them they have a challege the next three years.  I suggest hire a great recruiter and pray Hazen does not put 35 on the Bizon this year.  Go Hornets.  LOL
no need to recruit.  got kids coming up that are very talented.  It will be ok.  I'm guessing the ball will find some air under it this season. 

big E

Maybe Barberee should have hand picked his successor like waymire did wasnt near the arguing.

Ventman

Dang so much hate for the Bizon! LOL

BrianfromCarlisle

Quote from: Ventman on June 03, 2014, 04:11:46 pm
you know it's BISONS Ventman!!  LOL  I think our QB may finally get to toss the ball around this year.  Maybe take advantage of the mismatch that Nick Schafer presents almost every game?  Wouldn't that be something?

bbeagle

No hate for the Bisons here, but a guy like wildbison12 starts a bad name for a town.  Coach Widener has way more integrity than to be posting about his self on a forum.

Ventman

June 03, 2014, 04:56:41 pm #84 Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 04:58:36 pm by Ventman
Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on June 03, 2014, 04:20:22 pm
you know it's BISONS Ventman!!  LOL  I think our QB may finally get to toss the ball around this year.  Maybe take advantage of the mismatch that Nick Schafer presents almost every game?  Wouldn't that be something?

It would be interesting for sure!

GeorgeBrett

Carlisle is a tradition rich school
They should hire a coach w experience
They need to consider what would work best and be best for those kids
Good luck

Big Country

Rich in tradition , but should hire the best coach for the job regardless of experience whomever he may be because years of experience does not always mean the square peg fits the round hole

LCC

I won't get into if Coach Widener is "qualified", or the right coach for Carlisle, but I know him personally and he is a good man. At Carlisle, or elsewhere, he will get a chance to prove himself as a head coach one day.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: big E on June 03, 2014, 04:10:58 pm
Maybe Barberee should have hand picked his successor like waymire did wasnt near the arguing.

With the argument these guys are using, barbaree should have been a problematic hire, wasn't exactly a succesful coach anywhere but his time on the staff at Carlisle...

Donnie Jamon

June 03, 2014, 10:22:17 pm #89 Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 09:35:10 am by Donnie Jamon
 ???

Lions84

The Scourge got a great program and it will draw tons of attention from Coachs who want a change all over the state.

Coach Mac D

Quote from: HF on June 03, 2014, 09:21:34 pm
Quote from: big E on June 03, 2014, 04:10:58 pm

With the argument these guys are using, barbaree should have been a problematic hire, wasn't exactly a succesful coach anywhere but his time on the staff at Carlisle...

Coach Barbaree was a successful coach. I learned allot competing against him. If you only judge a coach based on wins and losses then your selling the whole coaching profession way short.

xcat

Quote from: Wildbison12 on June 03, 2014, 11:05:49 am
Not a lot of Deer, but a lot of duck and dove.....don't get me excited ;D

May have to withdraw if there aren't any deer....

BrianfromCarlisle

bigworm

Quote from: Ventman on June 03, 2014, 04:56:41 pm
Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on June 03, 2014, 04:20:22 pm

It would be interesting for sure!

5 wide

BrianfromCarlisle

That would be great to see on occasion

Cheek

When are the interviews, and who is the favorite.

big E

Hey cheek good to see you and worm are still kicking.

Big Country

Plenty of young coaches that want nothing more than to be a head coach and stay at a small school but openings like this want experience , experience , experience and won't give a second or third year coach a chance , and no I am not speaking for anyone in particular this is just my opinion be it right or wrong

Wildbison12

5 Wide would be great to see ??? Who's the idiot who said that, do they really want an0-10 season. The guys from England would love it but I thought my fellow carlisites were smarter than that. We aren't built that way!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas