• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Next Carlisle head coach?

Started by LCC, May 29, 2014, 12:09:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ventman

I don't think that you will be seeing the Bison throw the ball very much, I don't think anybody thinks that. I think interviews have already started but haven't heard any names.

BrianfromCarlisle

I said it would be great to see on occasion.   I'm an idiot for saying that??  Nice.  What is a Carlisite? 

Wildbison12

Yeah it's a person from Carlisle and yes your an idiot if you think there is any advantage with us running five wide. Not built for it, don't have the personnel for it, and not used to it.

BrianfromCarlisle

First off I didn't say a thing about it being an advantage.  It would simply be a good change of pace. Throwing the ball would have helped at times this past season.  Especially against JC. If you calling me an idiot makes you feel better, then go right ahead.  You are showing your true colors.  Good job.

Wildbison12

If it makes you feel better to make stupid comments, then go ahead. So you think against Junction in a Monsoon that it would have helped to air it out when they couldn't stop our Rbs and they out athleted us at 80% of the positions on the field. That is the dumbest s**t I've ever heard.

BrianfromCarlisle

You need to chill out.  It's apparent you haven't a clue about pretty much anything. Run along.  It's your bedtime

Wildbison12

People may not agree with everything I say but if ypu make a poll on this I bet it's almost 100% agreement that we did what we are suppose to do vs. JC

BrianfromCarlisle

LOL.  so now I said air it out?  Spreading the field out occasionally would have opened up the running game even more.  But you wouldn't understand that.  And yeah, they should have passed a few times to keep em honest.  But that's neither here nor there.  You really should watch your mouth though. Oh, and it's Carlislian. But wouldn't expect a punk kid to know much.

BrianfromCarlisle

Wildbison12

And I can hear if from a bunch of people but you don't need to tell me to watch my mouth. You need to stay off the boards for high school football or I'll tell these fine people everything about you!

Wildbison12

xcat

Big Chief say: Passing bad. Running good.

BrianfromCarlisle

Lol. All the threats and insults because you don't like the forward pass?   Wow

Wildbison12

LOL, maybe we can get back on what's important now. Who's gonna be the next head guy? Heard Marion's head coach, our D-coordinator Keith, and Widner were 3 they interviewed. May be more now though, any other names?

Wildbison12

Alright dude I'm not worried about you, but if you want to lay down the pipe, get the charges cleared so you can go back in schools or back to school and maybe they'll hire you since your the Xbox football guru! Spread it out, great job coaching d-bag

BrianfromCarlisle

You are hilarious. You have no clue what you are talking about, but obviously believe you do.  Have a great night.

Wildbison12

You need to go away and not come back to this board, you get caught up in things that don't matter(YOU).

BrianfromCarlisle

That would be you doing that.    Back to the coaching search

BrianfromCarlisle

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Wildbison12 on June 04, 2014, 09:18:25 pm
If it makes you feel better to make stupid comments, then go ahead. So you think against Junction in a Monsoon that it would have helped to air it out when they couldn't stop our Rbs and they out athleted us at 80% of the positions on the field. That is the dumbest s**t I've ever heard.

Monsoon? Somebody from J.C Help me out...wasn't that the week it finally stopped raining? But the game was still moved to El Dorado because of terrible field conditions in Junction CIty?

cuz

June 05, 2014, 07:23:01 am #120 Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 07:42:00 am by cuz
Quote from: HF on June 05, 2014, 12:13:29 am
Quote from: Wildbison12 on June 04, 2014, 09:18:25 pm

Monsoon? Somebody from J.C Help me out...wasn't that the week it finally stopped raining? But the game was still moved to El Dorado because of terrible field conditions in Junction CIty?
Draw you're own conclusion.......
http://www.fearlessfriday.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=133387.700

Dragons outlast Bison

Junction City to face Des Arc for state championship

By Kev Moyé News-Times Staff

In unison, the Junction City faithful likely experienced a sigh of relief Friday evening at Memorial Stadium in El Dorado.
   The reason being is their Dragons held off a spirited rally by the Carlisle Bison, to preserve a 38-28 Class 2A semifinal victory.
   "We had to go out and play defense in the fourth quarter," said Junction City coach David Carpenter. "We did everything we could to mess up and give them the game. But we finally rallied around and finished up pretty good." What had the coach a bit uneasy following this triumph is how Junction City nearly allowed a double digit lead to slip away in the waning moments of the game.
   The manner in which the fourth period commenced was a sign of things to come for the Dragons.
   Early in the final stanza, on a fourth-and-20, Junction City attempted a punt.
   But Jarkell Brown dropped the snap and immediately jumped on the loose ball. Soon after, Brown was touched by several Bison defenders as Carlisle took over on the Junction City 32 with 10:31 left to play.
   Trailing 30-20 Carlisle surged further into Dragon territory when – following an 11-yard run by Deron Ricks – Junction City defensive end Jamario Bell was called for an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. Subsequently, he was ejected from the game. Three plays later Carlisle made its way into the end zone when Bo Weddle scored on a 6-yard tote. The senior running back later able ran in the two-point conversion to make the score 30-28 with 9:06 remaining in regulation.
   With its next possession, Junction City was unable to get a first down as it eventually opted to punt. Brown's kick was eventually downed inside the 1-yard line.
   But, Carlisle (11-2) showed its determination by earning three first downs on this pivotal drive.
   However, the Bison received an unfortunate hindrance to their plan when Ricks, a powerful – 6-foot, 250 pound running back – was carried off the field on a stretcher due to an injury following a 3-yard carry. Once play resumed, the Bison would later face a fourth-and-two from its own 39.
   However, Weddle was met in the backfield by Josh Armstrong for a 1-yard loss. And with 2:05 left to play, Carlisle had turned the ball over on downs.
   Up to this point, the Bison had all three timeouts available for use.
   Finally, Carlisle coach Brandon Barbaree began to use them during Junction City's drive.
   The Bison defense did enough to force the Dragons to turn the ball over on downs with just over a minute left in regulation. However, Carlisle's attempt at a gamewinning drive met a rapid demise.
   Following a sack by Junction City defensive tackle Taylor Mason, the Bison faced a second-and-nine from its own 30.
   As of this juncture of the game, the Bison had only attempted only two passes.
   Chase Brazeal threw one of those aforementioned passes.
   Ironically, the one time he did attempt to throw the ball - it led to Junction City putting this contest out of reach. Armstrong stepped in front of a pass from Brazeal and quickly returned it 33 yards for a touchdown with 26 seconds left to play. Following Randall Holyfield's two-point conversion run, the score was 38-28.
   That would be all the Dragons needed as they held on for the 10-point victory.
   "It was a great read on that play," Carpenter said of Armstrong's interception. "They had to do something. They were in press mode and we were dropping back and we got in the right spot. Not to take anything away from them, but they don't throw a lot. That's the part that helped us out."
   From the start, this game proved to be highly entertaining.
   Following a fumble by JaQwis Dancy that was recovered by Carlisle at the 26, the game received its first points.
   The Bison, converted three fourth downs en route to a touchdown.
   On a fourth-and-2 from the 12, Carlisle reached pay-dirt when Ricks exploded through a large crease in the middle of the Dragon defense for a touchdown. Following a two-point run by Weddle, Carlisle's lead was 8-0 with 3:55 left in the first period.
   However, Junction City's response was immediate.
   There's no better way to put it.
   After fielding a short kickoff, the Dragons began their possession on the 42.
   On the first play of the series, Holyfield lofted a deep pass to Jarkell Brown. After securing the ball, the senior wide receiver maneuvered past a Carlisle defensive back on his way to a 58-yard touchdown reception with 3:45 remaining in the first    quarter.
   Junction City tied the game when Will Smith tossed a shuffle-pass to Keandre    Evans who pushed his way into the end zone for a two-point conversion.
   With its next offensive series, Carlisle's attempt to regain control was undermined by turnover.
   Bryant Justice lost control of the ball as it would eventually hit the ground. Soon    after, Bell recovered at the Bison 15.
   It took the Dragons only five plays to capitalize on Carlisle's miscue as Holyfield – after dropping the snap – picked the ball up and found a hole in the Bison defense which allowed him to score from 1-yard out. Brown's extra point increased the Junction City lead to 15-8 with just over a minute left in the first period.
   After Carlisle to turned the ball over on downs deep in Dragon territory, Barbaree would soon watch his team fall further behind.
   The Dragons marched deep into Carlisle territory after Dancy ran 37 yards.    However, while trying to push for extra yards, the junior was stripped. But - the    Dragons got a fortunate break when offensive guard, K.J. Benjamin recovered and    ran down to the 17 before he was finally dragged down.
   On the next play, Holyfield turned a potential disaster into another Junction City TD.
   The junior quarterback bobbled the snap, but immediately garnered the ball.
   By this point, Junction City's original play was blown up.
   However, Holyfield showcased his resourcefulness by taking off down the field. As he got closer to the end zone, Holyfield began to weave his way through the Carlisle defense. Eventually, he crossed the goal-line for a 17-yard touchdown run. Following the point after by Brown, the Dragons' advantage was now 22-8 with 4:04 remaining until the intermission.
   To Carlisle's credit, it got off to a great start in the second half.
   The Bison received the first possession, and they took advantage of the opportunity.
   Carlisle sliced into its deficit with 6:47 left in the third when Ricks scored on an impressive 34-yard carry. The Bison then attempted to add two points but the attempt was stopped when Bell sacked Brazeal.
   The score was 22-14, but not for long. It was now Junction City's turn to strike.
   The Dragons began their next drive from the 45.
   Nine plays later the Junction City lead swelled back to double digits when Dancy made his way into the end zone on a 23-yard carry.
   On the point after Smith dropped the snap, he then alertly picked the ball up and found Robert Armstrong near the back corner of the end zone for a two point pass. With 4:04 left in the third the score was now 30-14 in favor of the Dragons.
However, this game would soon experience a major momentum swing.
   The Dragons were seemingly on the verge of landing a knockout blow. But Holyfield was stripped and Carlisle recovered at the Dragon 21 with 91 seconds left in the third.
   But Carlisle soon gave the ball back to Junction City after Weddle fumbled.
Suddenly, the Dragons (12-0) once again had possession of the ball at the two.  However, it was Junction City's turn to act in a benevolent manner as it was hindered by a turnover when Holyfield loss control of the ball.
   The Bison would then capitalize on the Dragons' miscue.
   From two yards out Ricks broke through the line for a touchdown with under a minute left in the third. Following the play, Carlisle was called for an unsportsmanlike-like conduct penalty. Snapping the ball from the 18, the Bison were unable to cut deeper into the deficit when Robert Armstrong sacked Brazeal leaving the score at 30-20.
   Heading into the final period of this affair, Junction City led by 10.
In the fourth, the Dragons were forced to hold off Carlisle for a hard-earned 38-28 victory.
   Due to their ability to make just enough plays during the deciding moments of this contest, Junction City will take on Des Arc in the Class 2A final next Saturday at Little Rock's War Memorial Stadium.
   "We had some real mess ups, but we got it fixed," Carpenter said of his team's performance in the fourth period. "The players, they just got out there and worked their butts off, and did a really good job." Dancy finished with 179 yards rushing on 17 carries.
   In this game he also surpassed the 3,000 yard rushing mark for his career. Ricks who ran the ball 33 times for 194 yards led the Bison offensively. Weddle amassed 49 yards on 27 carries.

Tigers99

Ventman

bigworm

Ventman

The_Laughing_Cow

I heard Jon Gruden was spotted at Nick's wearing a Gold tie.

bigworm

I heard about those 2. Any more?

Ventman

I have been trying all afternoon to find some info but haven't heard a word. I believe the board was still meeting at nine tonight, maybe we will hear something in the morning.

Lions84

HorseFeathers

Bill cowher, and jimmy johnson are going to team up and form the next great dynasty in high school football in carlisle . .

Lions84

Prayers sent for the Scourge.

BrianfromCarlisle

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas