• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Next Carlisle head coach?

Started by LCC, May 29, 2014, 12:09:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LCC

Now that it's open, who will be the top candidates for that position?

HorseFeathers

Hmm....guess the rumor i mentioned in my predictions thread was true . . .

Lions84

Donnie Jamon

Prairie Duster

May 29, 2014, 01:42:32 pm #4 Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 04:07:08 pm by BISONBOOSTER
Pangburn middle school principal :o :o

ab24

Surprised he left head football to a non football school. 

Rabbit

May 29, 2014, 04:46:15 pm #6 Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 07:50:06 pm by Rabbit

BrianfromCarlisle

big E

Huh!! Boy ive really been out of the loop should be interesting to see who comes out of the woodwork for this one.

Dragon I

Right now, this is the main difference between JC and the rest of 2A.  These kids have no stability.  These coaches are using the schools as stepping stones.  Not many David Carpenters and Clay Tottys.  I wish he would have stayed, but he made the best decision for his family.  It's tough for these small schools to build a program though, with a revolving door of coaches.

big E

Yeah Carpenter and Totty are a rare breed not many like them left.

Ventman

I'm not sure Carlisle is trying to build a program and think we've had only four head coaches in the past twenty years and two of those over the past two years. The Bison have won over a hundred games, played in a state final, state semifinal, and three quarter final games since 2001. I think most programs would love to have these stats. I wish Coach Barbaree best of luck in his new position.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Ventman on May 29, 2014, 09:00:13 pm
I'm not sure Carlisle is trying to build a program and think we've had only four head coaches in the past twenty years and two of those over the past two years. The Bison have won over a hundred games, played in a state final, state semifinal, and three quarter final games since 2001. I think most programs would love to have these stats. I wish Coach Barbaree best of luck in his new position.

How many of those years were Clayton though?

Idoknow

Quote from: HF on May 29, 2014, 10:04:13 pm
Quote from: Ventman on May 29, 2014, 09:00:13 pm

How many of those years were Clayton though?
14 yrs.1989-2002...Record 151-28-2, 4 State finals, 2 semi's, 3 Q. finals, 5 second rds., 14 consecutive.

Ventman

Waymire spent 7 years as the head coach, I'm not sure about the Clayton. My point is Carlisle has a enjoyed a lot of success in the past decade. They aren't trying to build a program.

Dragon I

What does Carlisle have to show for all that?  A few runner up trophies?  I'd say they are still waiting for someone to take that program to the next level.

Ventman

Quote from: Dragon I on May 30, 2014, 06:37:08 am
What does Carlisle have to show for all that?  A few runner up trophies?  I'd say they are still waiting for someone to take that program to the next level.

Wow! Man your a freakin idiot! I guess you can't have success without winning a state title. Again your an idiot.

Dragon I

Wow! Man YOUR a freakin idiot! I guess you can't have success without winning a state title. Again YOUR an idiot.

LOL!  Nice one genius!  I'm the idiot?  Carlisle is up and down.  Some good seasons, some bad seasons.  All I said is they are still waiting for someone to get the program over the hump.  Obviously YOU'RE (notice the proper use of the word) biased.  I'm sure most on here with common sense would agree with me.

Ventman

May 30, 2014, 09:32:22 am #18 Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 09:49:31 am by Ventman
By your standards the only successful program in 2A would be JC but I guess if for some reason this year they don't win the state title game that means they had a bad year. Oh and thanks for the lesson in grammar. I think more people would agree with me that your the idiot. Done with this conversation. I can have my opinion of a successful program and you are entitled to yours.

Ventman

Oh and biased toward the Bison yes I am, as you are to the Dragons as you should be.

Dragon I

Your (properly used again) comprehension skills are horrible.  I will try to break this down for you to understand.  The Bison have a quality program.  Obviously, they could be better.  The a better coach, that would stay, maybe he could get them there.  Now, pop a pill and calm down.  You can't measure everyone against JC.  Bearden is successful.  Not to the level of JC.  Could the be better? Obviously.  I'm sure they would all agree.  If Cox had stayed, maybe they would be.  We won't know though, because most coaches never stay at small schools long.  Maybe you can understand that better.  Do you always have that short of a fuse?  I bet your dog runs when you walk up.

Donnie Jamon

EPC has had success and I would trade it all to be in the same sentence as Carlisle in football..

Ventman

Thanks DJ. I have much respect for EPC, every time we played y'all the kids gave everything they could and your fan support is great!

Ventman

I don't have a short fuse, it's just that most of the time when you post things it appears that you have no respect. You stated and I quote "and what do they have a few 2nd place throphies to show". Now to me maybe I take things the wrong way but that looks disrespectful. I think most of the people on here would agree. My dog runs to me when I come home.

BrianfromCarlisle

I'm not sure how Carlisle is an up and down program.  2 losing seasons in 25 years screams consistency to me.  That sounds like a football town.

Lions84

Don't let those JC boys jerk your chain.

HorseFeathers

They just have a tendecy of running into buzz saw teams with destiny on their side when they are really good. . . . Junction city folks tend to be spoiled and a tad on the arrogant side when it comes to defining a good program. . . .

BrianfromCarlisle

Quote from: HF on May 30, 2014, 01:06:54 pm
They just have a tendecy of running into buzz saw teams with destiny on their side when they are really good. . . . Junction city folks tend to be spoiled and a tad on the arrogant side when it comes to defining a good program. . . .
I agree.  I would be willing to bet that there are many many schools that would love to have had the success Carlisle has had on the field in the last quarter century.
And when the shoe gets put on the other foot for the JC crowd, it is going to be very interesting to see how they handle it.  I found it amusing how a thread about the next Carlisle coach almost immediately turned into a "watch me beat my chest because I am from Junction City and the rest of you suck" thread

Ventman

I thought the same thing Brian. The Bison will be fine, there are many coaches out there that will be interested in being here. It's a great community that supports the program in a big way.

Idoknow

May 30, 2014, 02:50:58 pm #29 Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 03:43:50 pm by Idoknow
Dragon I needs to go to the JC FH. and have a L.....ong talk with Coach Carpenter, so you can understand how tough the 2-A used to be. Teams that used to be 2-A that have moved up in class that have won SC., in 2-A and above. Shiloh Christian, PA, Charleston, CAC, Barton, Jessieville, Bauxite, Harding Acad.,and I'm sure I left some off this list. If you put some of these teams back in the mix then you wouldn't have to be invading every 2-A thread beating your chest about JC and down grading other teams. BTW, you do have to have some luck with being good to win State Championships. Remember Des Arc last second Field Goal, Bearden, last play of the game jump ball in the End Zone. With out luck you would be looking at only 3 State Championships instead of 5!
If you played for Coach Carpenter, I don't think he would approve of you bashing these teams because he's not that way. He's worked long and hard to build JC program so the School and Community can be "Proud". " You should think before you Post".

cuz

May 30, 2014, 03:11:29 pm #30 Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 09:37:08 pm by cuz
On the other hand didn't take long for all y'all to jump on Dragon I instead talking about the new Coach to be. Carlisle is rich in tradition and shouldn't have a problem finding a good quality coach to help continue their good quality of football. JC has earned all they have, you can bad mouth all of us from there but you can't take away all the titles and success. If you're going to wish for a record or program I'd go with Barton.... ;D

Dragon I

Good Lord!  What a bunch of pansies!  Read the post people.  I wasn't chest bumping.  I wish Carlisle, Barton, Charleston, and all of the old school greats were still in here banging heads.  Is it JC's fault that those schools are bigger?  If you want to go through my post history, I have claimed for a long time the 2A is watered down.  You still can't take away the titles.  JC just plays the hands they are dealt.  Now, back to the coaching search.  I said the kids lack stability because the coaches are always leaving at small schools.  Is that what upset everyone so bad, or just the fact that I said that is the difference between them and JC.  Would you not agree?  Is they're anyone in 2A as tenured as Carpenter and Totty?  Now, is there anyone in 2A as successful as those two, in the time they have been at there schools?   For the record, I did come through JC when all of those schools were still 2A and 3A.

HorseFeathers

How long has bennet been at dierks? And bearden could argue the as successful as rison minus a state title in the last tennish years

Dragon I

I bet you can count the number of teams as successful as those two since those coaches have been there on one hand HF.  All I was saying is I wish more quality coaches would stay at small schools.

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: HF on May 30, 2014, 04:00:33 pm
How long has bennet been at dierks? And bearden could argue the as successful as rison minus a state title in the last tennish years

Since 2000 IIRC.   Of course the community at Dierks made a deal with Coach Bennett to stay for 10 years after they were runners up for the state title in 2005

BrianfromCarlisle

The problem, Dragon I, is that you lumped Carlisle in your original statement.  Except for this deal, Carlisle has been very stable.  Then you made your asinine comment about the runner up trophies.  Which I will absolutely takes as chest thumping.  How about leaving JC totally out of this thread?  It is about the next Carlisle coach. 

Ventman

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on May 30, 2014, 05:22:41 pm
The problem, Dragon I, is that you lumped Carlisle in your original statement.  Except for this deal, Carlisle has been very stable.  Then you made your asinine comment about the runner up trophies.  Which I will absolutely takes as chest thumping.  How about leaving JC totally out of this thread?  It is about the next Carlisle coach.

x2. Has anyone heard any names?

Coach Mac D

In last 7 years there is only 5 teams in 2a that have won at least 7 games a year.

Carlisle has ALLOT of community support and has one the top enrollments in 2a. They will draw allot of attention from coaches and will hire a good coach when its all said and done.

Ric Flair

Carlisle's record the last three years was 35-5. One State Final, one Semi-final and one Quarter-final.
Carlisle's record over the last 8 years is 83-20, with a 17-8 playoff record. Pretty good run and sure will
hire a young "hungry" coach like they did in 2006 when they hired Waymire. Carlisle's playoff record over the
last 3 years was 8-3. I really think that " the right coach" can have a winning record next year and maybe a playoff win.

Ric Flair

Coach Bruce Guthrie or Coach Wes Rowland would be a great fit as a new Head Coach. Both are former assistant coaches that
had a big impact on the program in the last 6 or 7 years.

Idoknow

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on May 30, 2014, 01:01:19 pm
I'm not sure how Carlisle is an up and down program.  2 losing seasons in 25 years screams consistency to me.  That sounds like a football town.
Brian, there's been only one losing season in 25 yrs., that was in 2005. The Carlisle profile on FF has Carlisle winning 5 games in 2004 but their record that yr. was 7-3. Someone needs to up date the profile.

BrianfromCarlisle

The_Laughing_Cow

I hear Lonoke Defensive Coordinator Drake Widner is interviewing. Could be a great hire for Carlisle. He's a tough, young coach that did a great job turning around Lonoke's defense the past few years.

Wildbison12

From what I've heard we have had 6 guys with head coaching experience apply which would be great with the inexperienced group. If we are gonna go with a 1st year head coach why go with a guy with 2 years of experience, if we go with a 1st year head coach let's go with one of the young guys on our staff that were part of a 12-2 season.

Wildbison12

Bison gave up 13 points per game,  Lonoke def gav up 24!!! Not an upgrade.

MomaLion

Quote from: Ventman on May 30, 2014, 10:46:02 am
I don't have a short fuse, it's just that most of the time when you post things it appears that you have no respect. You stated and I quote "and what do they have a few 2nd place throphies to show". Now to me maybe I take things the wrong way but that looks disrespectful. I think most of the people on here would agree. My dog runs to me when I come home.
I took it the same as you Ventman and pretty much had the same reaction...why can't a program be considered successful without the state title?  JC will fall from it's throne one day and there will be many applauding when it happens...and that's unfortunate because it is still kids we are talking about but the so called adults try to make it about themselves.

Ventman

I agree Moma. Carlisle will be fine, there has been a lot of interest in this job already, my hope is that we will have a coach hired within the next couple of weeks. Our kids are doing fine and still working hard.

Lions84

Quote from: HF on May 30, 2014, 01:06:54 pm

Sounds alot like Shiloh Fans back in their 2A days.  Best of Luck to Scourge.

OB11

Quote from: Wildbison12 on June 01, 2014, 10:22:48 pm
From what I've heard we have had 6 guys with head coaching experience apply which would be great with the inexperienced group. If we are gonna go with a 1st year head coach why go with a guy with 2 years of experience, if we go with a 1st year head coach let's go with one of the young guys on our staff that were part of a 12-2 season.

Ask Watson Chapel

hasenpfeffer

Quote from: The_Laughing_Cow on June 01, 2014, 05:34:13 pm
I hear Lonoke Defensive Coordinator Drake Widner is interviewing. Could be a great hire for Carlisle. He's a tough, young coach that did a great job turning around Lonoke's defense the past few years.
Widner would be great hire.  He is one of the best motivators I have seen in years.  His knowledge and his relationship with the kids are rare with a young coach like this.  It would be a big loss for Lonoke but he deserves a shot.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas