• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Girls Top 10, Opinions?

Started by Eagles, November 22, 2017, 09:53:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagles

1.  Norfork              13-0
2.  Wonderview       10-2 Losses to Norfork, Vilonia
3.  Acorn                  8-1 Loss to Cossatot R.
4.  Jasper                 9-3 Losses to Wonderview, Norfork 2X
5.  MVE                  10-1 Loss to Bay
6.  Mammoth Spr.   10-2 Losses to Jasper, Melbourne
7.  Concord              9-2 Losses to MVE, Quitman
8.  Kirby                  6-3 Losses to Conway, Lake Hamilton, Mammoth Springs
9.  Ouachita             8-2 Losses to Acorn, Glen Rose
10. ICC                    5-4  Losses to Concord, ESTEM, Calico Rock, Norfork

Bottom 4-5 is interchangeble, looks like it depends on the night.
Rank away.

hillbillyball

1.  Norfork
2.  Wonderview
3.  MVE
4.  Jasper
5.  Acorn
6.  Concord
7.  Mammoth Springs
8.  West Side Greers Ferry
9.  Kirby
10 ICC

Moonshiner

Looks pretty good to me.  I'm not sure I.C.C. Is top 10, but I don't know who you'd put in their place.  I'd definately have Concord ahead of Mammoth. At this point anyway.
Just my opinion.

thebigman3

What happened to Rural Special??

HorseFeathers

Quote from: thebigman3 on November 22, 2017, 10:40:33 am
What happened to Rural Special??

Slumped....

Lost last 4 to Concord, pangburn, St Joe, and mve

ErnestTBass

To quote Charles Barkley— turrible just turrible year/ decade in class 1A girls basketball! Turrible

HorseFeathers

Central Ark

I agree horse. That thought is a vinyl disc.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Central Ark on November 22, 2017, 06:56:49 pm
I agree horse. That thought is a vinyl disc.

Oops...

And I think everyone in agreement that talent is down across the board, from even ten years ago...no need to keep on..

Moonshiner

I think the top 4 or so could play with the teams from years ago.  But....filling out a top 10 is hard.  To be fair though, I can remember that 6 or 7 years ago 6A and 7A girls basketball was like this.  Maybe it's just a cycle.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Moonshiner on November 22, 2017, 08:15:25 pm
I think the top 4 or so could play with the teams from years ago.  But....filling out a top 10 is hard.  To be fair though, I can remember that 6 or 7 years ago 6A and 7A girls basketball was like this.  Maybe it's just a cycle.

Come on now 'Shiner
In no order
Norfork
Mammoth Spring
Bay
Maynard
Jasper
Wonderview
MVE
Acorn
Kirby
Ouachita
Concord

Moonshiner

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 22, 2017, 08:20:08 pm
Come on now 'Shiner
In no order
Norfork
Mammoth Spring
Bay
Maynard
Jasper
Wonderview
MVE
Acorn
Kirby
Ouachita
Concord

My top nine would be
1. Norfork
2. Wonderview
3. Jasper
4. Ouchita
5. Concord
6. Kirby
7. MVE
8. Mammoth
9. Bay
10 ??

ErnestTBass

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 22, 2017, 06:05:13 pm

LOL! But yet I may be the last bastion of truth because I bring the whole truth and nothing but the truth

Backboard Shattered

HorseFeathers

Quote from: ErnestTBass on November 22, 2017, 10:18:31 pm
LOL! But yet I may be the last bastion of truth because I bring the whole truth and nothing but the truth

And yet you offer nothing to the conversation beside the same tired 1a sucks line

Bigleague

ErnestTBass

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 23, 2017, 08:21:53 am
And yet you offer nothing to the conversation beside the same tired 1a sucks line
Yes the offering plate is full my flock but there's nothing of substance in the plate but uninformed opinions and rambling thoughts of the poor and timid souls who know not the elation of victory but rather the sting of epic defeat at the hands of superior opponents in which they take great delight! Improperly formed opinions are truly baseless because they are borne of lying eyes and emotions and thin loyalties that hold no merit! Much is to be learned from the microcosm that is 1A basketball especially in the female ranks! Finding joy and recreation in this endeavor is mostly futile and agonizing as joy escapes the masses in the pursuit of what is good right and true! Aristotle once penned- Why do the masses find such great delight in matters that they do not understand or cannot fathom the efforts required of excellence! The innermost dynamic of sport is brutal and unexplainable! Few get it but I'm thankful that I do!

thebigman3

Quote from: ErnestTBass on November 22, 2017, 10:18:31 pm
You sound like Sterlin from Center Ridge that's on 103.7 The Buzz.

no mascot

HorseFeathers

November 23, 2017, 10:26:50 am #19 Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 10:29:33 am by HorseFeathers
Quote from: ErnestTBass on November 23, 2017, 10:09:07 am
Yes the offering plate is full my flock but there's nothing of substance in the plate but uninformed opinions and rambling thoughts of the poor and timid souls who know not the elation of victory but rather the sting of epic defeat at the hands of superior opponents in which they take great delight! Improperly formed opinions are truly baseless because they are borne of lying eyes and emotions and thin loyalties that hold no merit! Much is to be learned from the microcosm that is 1A basketball especially in the female ranks! Finding joy and recreation in this endeavor is mostly futile and agonizing as joy escapes the masses in the pursuit of what is good right and true! Aristotle once penned- Why do the masses find such great delight in matters that they do not understand or cannot fathom the efforts required of excellence! The innermost dynamic of sport is brutal and unexplainable! Few get it but I'm thankful that I do!

Wish I was cool enough to waste this much space to repeat the same thing over and over

thebigman3

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 23, 2017, 10:26:50 am
Wish I was cool enough to waste this much space to repeat the same thing over and over
😂😂HF you crack me up😂

Backboard Shattered

Post of the year!  Sometime soon we think of Ernest on that bicycle then he unloads a nukeleor Bomb on unsusptickting heads

SackAttack

Ernest T if you could please translate this for us non-thinkers for we are aplenty! I think this is a good post but Im not sure. Personally I like the way bigleague put it myself!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: SackAttack on November 23, 2017, 12:23:04 pm
Ernest T if you could please translate this for us non-thinkers for we are aplenty! I think this is a good post but Im not sure. Personally I like the way bigleague put it myself!

Here I'll help Ernest T thinks 1a sucks compared to that now somewhat mythical 1 hit wonder from Greer's ferry

ErnestTBass

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 23, 2017, 12:53:04 pm
Here I'll help Ernest T thinks 1a sucks compared to that now somewhat mythical 1 hit wonder from Greer's ferry
And just how would you describe 1A girls basketball? Is it good? Is it competitive? High quality? Engaging? Skilled? Riveting? Or rather just something to get through to watch a somewhat better boys game? Was my post not totally spot on and food for a hungry mind to sit and ponder about over the turkey and cranberry sauce?

Majorpain

Norfork
Wonderview
Jasper
Ouachita
Kirby
Mammoth
MVE
Concord
Acorn
Bay

BrakeCheck5

Norfork
Wonderview
Jasper
Acorn
Bay
MVE
Mammoth
Kirby
Ouachita
Concord

thebigman3

Quote from: BrakeCheck5 on November 28, 2017, 04:01:35 pm
Norfork
Wonderview
Jasper
Acorn
Bay
MVE
Mammoth
Kirby
Ouachita
Concord
didnt MVE girls beat Bay girls?..

bscinar

thebigman3

Quote from: bscinar on November 28, 2017, 08:57:19 pm

Bay girls bear MVE pretty bad...
My bad. Don't know why I thought it was the other way around.

3shooter

Quote from: Moonshiner on November 22, 2017, 09:01:06 pm
My top nine would be
1. Norfork
2. Wonderview
3. Jasper
4. Ouchita
5. Concord
6. Kirby
7. MVE
8. Mammoth

Ive  seen MVE a few times and I think they can take state.
9. Bay
10 ??

gilesman2333

MVE girls are a team to watch for. 23 the pg is an athlete. If her and the big girl and the little shooter are all hitting shots at the same time then watch out. Very good defensive team also. point guard is one of the best point guards in the state in my personal opinion.

jeremiahjohnson

Quote from: gilesman2333 on December 07, 2017, 01:19:14 pm
MVE girls are a team to watch for. 23 the pg is an athlete. If her and the big girl and the little shooter are all hitting shots at the same time then watch out. Very good defensive team also. point guard is one of the best point guards in the state in my personal opinion.

Need some quality wins to evaluate

3shooter

MVE is pretty good. when I watched em play I couldn't believe they was 1A. starting 5 all got good size. They was tough on the offensive glass. Maybe take state

Hitman Warrior23

I either got dumber or smarter reading this.  Haha either way.  Big Wonderview fan and Norfolk is GOOD.  But gotta put Bay high they have lost respectively to some very good teams. 

bscinar

December 07, 2017, 11:35:49 pm #35 Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 08:44:37 am by bscinar
Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on December 07, 2017, 10:37:22 pm
I either got dumber or smarter reading this.  Haha either way.  Big Wonderview fan and Norfolk is GOOD.  But gotta put Bay high they have lost respectively to some very good teams.

and two good wins in the last week over defending 4A and 3A state champs - Pokey and Hoxie..

no mascot

I have to agree w you folks. Bay has the toughest schedule by far, and has been competitive. It's a good area of the state to play up. They're being overlooked because of what the loss column says.

jeremiahjohnson

Quote from: bscinar on December 07, 2017, 11:35:49 pm
and two good wins in the last week over defending 4A and 3A state champs - Pokey and Hoxie..

Time will tell. Both teams mentioned are having down years, one has a loosing record.

Basketballfan13

Pokey is still a good team just nothing like last years state championship team, Hoxie still has a good chance to win 3A this year...sometimes when you load your schedule to get better the record doesn't always reflect how good you actually are(which is the case for both Bay and Hoxie).

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on December 08, 2017, 12:48:18 pm
Pokey is still a good team just nothing like last years state championship team, Hoxie still has a good chance to win 3A this year...sometimes when you load your schedule to get better the record doesn't always reflect how good you actually are(which is the case for both Bay and Hoxie).

Shhhhh....facts aren't allowed...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas