• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A Talk

Started by Eagle076, February 04, 2018, 04:13:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ctucker

Quote from: big E on April 15, 2018, 07:00:40 pm
I agree with that.
I hope it works out for y'all!

HorseFeathers

Wcc should formally forfeit if they don't want to play.... Seen this issue in 1a girls basketball this year... Games canceled at end of season cause of weather, and a third school tried to get their district favorite DQ'd despite formal forfeits..

Eagle076

Des Arc over Hazen 7-1

big E

PW 21-0 over Clarendon.

southarkdaddy

Parkers Chapel defeated Harmony Grove (Camden) yesterday to move to 18-6  (7-0) on the year. 

big E

PW 16-1 & 5-3 over white county.

southarkdaddy

Parkers Chapel defeats Neveda County 15-6. 

PC moves to 19-6 on the year

BossHogs

Really can't wait for Woodlawn to move back up to 2A. Most active baseball fans in Arkansas. I made a 1A score thread and hardly anyone posts in it. You'd think since baseball is most of these schools only sports that they would be much more active.

Eagle076

Can anyone tell me where to find true conference standings? Max Preps is a little off I believe.

big E

Max preps is about as good as you will find.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: big E on April 18, 2018, 08:08:04 pm

And it's wrong. Lol

Cheek

Quote from: big E on April 18, 2018, 08:08:04 pm

Big E,  are you coming to England this week?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

4/18

Des Arc 17

Brinkley 1

Final

big E

Quote from: Cheek on April 18, 2018, 09:53:36 pm
Big E,  are you coming to England this week?
my wife works out of town o Thursdays so I have to get little E to baseball practice.

big E

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on April 18, 2018, 09:53:27 pm
And it's wrong. Lol
Coaches are supposed to be posting the scores and records , maybe it's a m8x up on the coaches end.

big E

Quote from: Eagle076 on April 18, 2018, 07:52:46 pm
Can anyone tell me where to find true conference standings? Max Preps is a little off I believe.
I looked at Max preps for our conference , and it doesn't look like anything's wrong with it , Des Arc  , McCrory ,  and PW share the conference with 2 losses a piece . Each team split during the season . Although only one game counted for tournament seeding which was absolutely dumb , both counted on your conference record. But it all worked out to Drs Arc  favor they get the 1 seed McCrory gets the 2 seed and PW gets the 3 seed. But they are all co- champs.

big E

PW 8 -3 over England

Eagle076

Des Arc over Faulkner County Falcons 13-0.

leaderofthepack10

BIC over Armorel 18-3 in 4 innings. Big test at Manila tomorrow for them but are playing much better as of late.

big E

This is about the time they turned it on last year.

Wildcat_Booster

Quote from: southarkdaddy on April 18, 2018, 10:27:01 am
Parkers Chapel defeats Neveda County 15-6. 

PC moves to 19-6 on the year

Those kids being let off the team will hurt chances for a state title this year

HorseFeathers

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on April 18, 2018, 09:53:27 pm
And it's wrong. Lol

FWIW Fans can correct those scores...takes a couple of emails, but at least the people submitting scores are trying...

birddawg1986

Quote from: leaderofthepack10 on April 19, 2018, 08:58:20 pm
BIC over Armorel 18-3 in 4 innings. Big test at Manila tomorrow for them but are playing much better as of late.
Very impressive W for BIC over a solid Armorel team. Should be a tandy of a game at Manila today.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: big E on April 19, 2018, 02:47:33 pm
I looked at Max preps for our conference , and it doesn't look like anything's wrong with it , Des Arc  , McCrory ,  and PW share the conference with 2 losses a piece . Each team split during the season . Although only one game counted for tournament seeding which was absolutely dumb , both counted on your conference record. But it all worked out to Drs Arc  favor they get the 1 seed McCrory gets the 2 seed and PW gets the 3 seed. But they are all co- champs.

Those losses only are on your record, not conference record. Des Arc is undefeated in conference play.

big E

PW 14-4 & 17-2 over Bradford.

Eagle076

District Tournament bracket out yet?

big E

April 22, 2018, 06:37:23 am #126 Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 06:41:22 am by big E
Quote from: Eagle076 on April 21, 2018, 07:09:47 pm
District Tournament bracket out yet?
Yeah I got a hold of a copy Friday.  These  are the seeds. 1. Des Arc  2. McCrory  3. PW  4. Cross county 5. Hazen 6. Carlisle 7. Brinkley  8. Clarendon . Des Arc  and McCrory both get byes to the semifinals.
Game 1
Brinkley  /  Carlisle  4/ 24 4pm
Game  2
Hazen / Clarendon.  4/ 24 6pm

Game 3
Game 1 winner / cross county  4/26 4pm

Game 4
Game 2 winner / PW                    4/26 6pm

Game 5
Des Arc  /  game 3 winner.          4 /27 4pm

Game 6
McCrory  / game 3 winner            4/ 27 6 pm

Game  7
L game5 / L game 6.                      4/ 28. 11am

Game 8.                                          4/ 28.   1pm
W 5. / W6.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: big E on April 22, 2018, 06:37:23 am
Yeah I got a hold of a copy Friday.  These  are the seeds. 1. Des Arc  2. McCrory  3. PW  4. Cross county 5. Hazen 6. Carlisle 7. Brinkley  8. Clarendon . Des Arc  and McCrory both get byes to the semifinals.
Game 1
Brinkley  /  Carlisle  4/ 24 4pm
Game  2
Hazen / Clarendon.  4/ 24 6pm

Game 3
Game 1 winner / cross county  4/26 4pm

Game 4
Game 2 winner / PW                    4/26 6pm

Game 5
Des Arc  /  game 3 winner.          4 /27 4pm

Game 6
McCrory  / game 3 winner            4/ 27 6 pm

Game  7
L game5 / L game 6.                      4/ 28. 11am

Game 8.                                          4/ 28.   1pm
W 5. / W6.

At des arc right?

Mactown on Top

Yeah pick and junction city comes to McCrory Tuesday

Pick_DA_EAGLES

How many advance from district to regional?

Mactown on Top

I think 4  teams do

Mactown on Top

I have Mccrory and des arc in the district championship, and Mccrory winning it

big E

Top 4 make it to regionals top 4 out if regionals make it to state.

southarkdaddy

For some reason Parkers Chapel has no district tournament this year, the regular season will decide who goes to regionals.

Therefore Parkers Chapel (8-0) plays at Spring Hill (7-1) for the district championship today.  Parkers Chapel won the first meeting 3-1

big E

To me district tournaments are not necessary if you play a round robin regular season.

BossHogs

Quote from: southarkdaddy on April 24, 2018, 08:34:02 am
For some reason Parkers Chapel has no district tournament this year, the regular season will decide who goes to regionals.

Therefore Parkers Chapel (8-0) plays at Spring Hill (7-1) for the district championship today.  Parkers Chapel won the first meeting 3-1
It's all because of how the AAA screws up the conferences with 2a and 1a. Should be fixed next year with the teams moving back up to 2a and the teams that are moving down to 2a.

southarkdaddy

Quote from: BossHogs on April 24, 2018, 10:00:55 am
It's all because of how the AAA screws up the conferences with 2a and 1a. Should be fixed next year with the teams moving back up to 2a and the teams that are moving down to 2a.

The other side of the region is still having a district tournament and we had one last year.  I don't think this has anything to do with AAA

big E

Yesterday at the 3-2a district tournament , Hazen beat Clarendon , Carlisle beat Brinkley and Cross county to advance to regionals , PW beat Hazen to advance to regionals.

southarkdaddy

Spring Hill defeated Parkers Chapel 7-5 yesterday.  Both teams are now 7-1 in conference play and both defeated each other by 2.  #1 seed will be decided by points, Parkers Chapel currently holds a 4 point lead.  PC plays @ CHG Friday, Spring Hill plays @ Rison Friday.

Camden Harmony Grove has solidified themselves as the 3 seed.

Rison and Bearden are currently tied in conference wins and in points.  Rison would need a win Friday to clinch the 4th region spot, otherwise it will be a coinflip. 

bearfan

Conway Christian and Spring Hill in the 2A finals this year at baum

southarkdaddy

Quote from: bearfan on April 26, 2018, 10:55:22 am
Conway Christian and Spring Hill in the 2A finals this year at baum

PC might have something to say about that. 

MagicMike

I don't think Spring Hill has the pitching depth... we'll see next week

big E

Spring. Hill ran out of pitching last year and,won state. Just have to hope you get last bat.

Mactown on Top

Could've played district in Mccrory today, but they didn't want to move it.

MagicMike

Quote from: big E on April 26, 2018, 01:17:05 pm
Spring. Hill ran out of pitching last year and,won state. Just have to hope you get last bat.

They had 2 really good ones last year. This year just Blair

big E

Quote from: Mactown on Top on April 26, 2018, 03:33:23 pm
Do you blame them that would be losing money , supposed to be good the rest of the week . Finals just moved to Saturday.

bearfan

Quote from: MagicMike on April 26, 2018, 12:06:45 pm
I don't think Spring Hill has the pitching depth... we'll see next week
Conway Christian has 1 outstanding lefty pitcher and also two outstanding righty pitchers.

Mactown on Top

Well big E the jags will be ready to play tomorrow night wherever they play at.

big E

Wouldn't expect any less.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Mactown on Top on April 26, 2018, 03:33:23 pm

Nobody wants to come to McCrory.  Ha!😆

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas