• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will the GCT coaches stay or go...

Started by ArkansasKingpin, March 16, 2009, 03:41:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ArkansasKingpin

I wonder which schools will make offers to Bowlin, Richey, or Robertson...

Quite Frankly

What makes you think they will?

Or will want to go?

ArkansasKingpin

I guarantee Paragould would LOVE to have Coach Robertson...

TECH better pay these coaches what they deserve and have earned or they will start leaving...

Adjudicator

2 state championships in 3 years and more good teams ahead, why would they want to leave.  The only reason Robertson would leave would be to get a Sr. High HC job.  No Paragould would not be the place to start your HC career.  They have no talent and none coming up. That would be career suicide for him.  But stranger things have happened. 

baseballjunkie

March 25, 2009, 10:09:02 pm #4 Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 05:07:03 pm by baseballjunkie

philgoodallday

There are pleny more internal obstacles at PHS to speak of besides the administrator's kids playing ball. 

ArkansasKingpin

ArkansasKingpin

bballislife

IF YOU DON'T MIND, WHO IS THE ONE WHO HAS LEFT AND WHERE DID THEY GO?

big-n-ez

coach Robertson is taking the head coaching job at Paragould it will be a move up from head coach of jr high to head coach of sr high, although not sure he has as much to work with in sr high as he is leaving in jr high at tech but good luck anyway.........leaves a very good job open at the jr high level for someone.

I Know All

Who was Roberson's assistant coach? Will he be moved up? Wasn't he once a Sr. high coach?

hoops22

I heard from a reliable source that Bowlin is very interested in The Bentonville job. Why does he put his name in for  every job that opens up? I know that most people on the outside think that GCT is one of the best coaching jobs in the state. Why does he want out so bad?

tarheelnation

He probably doesnt want out. Its just people like you who believe everything you hear and post it on sites like these that starts rumors like he wants out. And yes, you are right, GCT is one of the top coaching jobs in the state and will continue to be for a long time.

silvers

Quote from: hoops22 on April 21, 2009, 11:27:26 am
I know that most people on the outside think that GCT is one of the best coaching jobs in the state.

No, they don't.  Maybe a better job on the Eastern side of the state.

Quite Frankly

I heard from a reliable source that Bowlin is very interested in The Bentonville job. Why does he put his name in for  every job that opens up? I know that most people on the outside think that GCT is one of the best coaching jobs in the state. Why does he want out so bad?
Why do you keep throwing out such randomness?  It's as if you're in competition and need the 'lift'. 

I'm not a Bowlin fan, but he can't apply for a job that isn't open yet.  No telling how Bentonville plays out.  I smell a lawsuit coming there and the job might be a '1-yr internship' until it settles.

big-n-ez

The GCT job is a very good job for any part of the state partly because of Bowlin and he knows it but there will always be people who put out his name when jobs open up or look to be open it happens when you are a winner and run a successful program (2 titles and a runner up in 3 yrs) in what is as tough of a classifacation as there is in the state,  why wouldn't his name come up but there are only a select few jobs that could pull Bowlin away from his family,home and school...... He played at tech, His son played at tech roots run deep there.. And he has nothing to prove to anyone at the high school level..so why not wait and see what jobs come open and who really applies before jumping up and down and screaming the sky is falling!!!!!!!

John M.

Quote from: big-n-ez on April 21, 2009, 07:57:39 pm
why wouldn't his name come up but there are only a select few jobs that could pull Bowlin away from his family,home and school...... !!!!!!!

His family?

OC

Low blow JM.  His mom, dad and sister all live in Paragould.  That would be his family.

hoops22

Quote from: QF© on April 21, 2009, 03:42:55 pm
Why do you keep throwing out such randomness?  It's as if you're in competition and need the 'lift'. 

I'm not a Bowlin fan, but he can't apply for a job that isn't open yet.  No telling how Bentonville plays out.  I smell a lawsuit coming there and the job might be a '1-yr internship' until it settles.

Competition and a lift for what?

GCT_EagleFan

I hope we don't lose anyone. At the same time, we need to be sensitive to any searches that may go on. There is more to it than basketball, money and family situations are factors as well. Let's just hope for the best!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas