• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It is the OFFseason so there are rumblings in Riverview

Started by CatchingFire, March 23, 2011, 04:47:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CatchingFire

It seems as though there are rumbings again in Riverview.  According to the board minutes, they have tabled Coach Lafoons contract.  The next board meet will be very interesting according to some sources within the Administration.  Wow is all I can say!  A State Champion Coach left with talent on the table, a Final Four coach left with talent on the table and now another coach is on the HOT SEAT.  WHAT IS THE DEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ???

The Ref

footballman

That guy can coach, seen them at regionals last 3 or 4 years and they looked a lot better this year. They played very hard and had a team concept, just not as much talent. They will never keep a good coach until the administration stands up to all the griping parents.

basketballfan01

Nothing new. Happens every year at Riverview and wouldn't expect anything different unless they win it. Even if they win it I don't know if they would be satisfied. Ex. Coach Starky. It's sad to see that. If Lafoon leaves that would be 5 coaches in 4 years.   

ACE DUECE

Have they decided anything or had the board meeting.  I thought Lafoon did a great job this year.  What could be the problem there this time?

CatchingFire

I haven't heard anything problems with Coach Lafoon, but then again, with this job, problems aren't a requirement. 

Baller Fan35

Quote from: CatchingFire on April 02, 2011, 06:29:23 am
I haven't heard anything problems with Coach Lafoon, but then again, with this job, problems aren't a requirement.
You have "sources" within the administration from your previous post, but yet they haven't told you the problems...hmmm.  You started the thread so you must know more than you let on, or you really don't know anything at all and are just stirring the pot and fishing for info.

CatchingFire

I have heard rumors, but honestly some of the rumors seem to contradict one another.  I only heard from an administrator that the next board meeting would be interesting because coach lafoon's tabled contract.  Truly that is all I know, so I suppose I would be more of a fisherman 35Fan, but not stirring any pot, that seems to be done by the folks that have created the situation. ::)

Baller Fan35

Quote from: CatchingFire on April 02, 2011, 03:31:05 pm
I have heard rumors, but honestly some of the rumors seem to contradict one another.  I only heard from an administrator that the next board meeting would be interesting because coach lafoon's tabled contract.  Truly that is all I know, so I suppose I would be more of a fisherman 35Fan, but not stirring any pot, that seems to be done by the folks that have created the situation. ::)
Ok, I hear ya now.  If you think about it, most rumors are contradictions.  That's why they are rumors and not the facts.  Only those closest to the situation know the facts.  All others are just speculating and feeding the rumor mill.  Well, all that can be done is to wait and see.

ACE DUECE

Did they have the board meeting?  Any new info or was it all just a rumor.

CatchingFire

I haven't heard of a board meeting for this month yet, but I am sure it will be soon.  Maybe after the testing they will make some decision.  I hope that they decide to finally keep a "Coach of the Year" as they have had issues with the last two coaches that also happen to have had that award.   ::)

CatchingFire

Reason rules the day for Riverview and finally they will have the same coach for two consecutive years.....Yayyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!  Lafoon was rehired by the board so unless Lafoon decides to jump ship the Raiders should be ready for action.  Way to go Admin!!!!!!!!!  Finally backed a Coach!

Sportsnutt

Glad to hear that Coach Laffoon will be back another year.  It will be hard to replace the seniors but their is a lot of young talent at the View. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas