• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looking for the best games in 2A

Started by Rhonda Elizabeth, June 18, 2015, 07:24:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhonda Elizabeth

I'm asking for suggestions as to where to go this season (and I mean football games only!  :P ):

I Prefer to shoot a game that -
1. Does not have the potential to be a blowout (A good game between matched teams provides the best photos)
2. Has a potential or actual D1 recruit
3. Not teams that are likely to be in the Championship game (I like to shoot a variety of teams).

I am really wanting to catch several 2A teams this year and travel is not an issue because I can and do travel to all corners of the state.  I have two primary outlets for my photos - Fearless Friday and Hootens so I like to shoot teams that are of interest to readers here and Hootens.

All suggestions for 2A games and/or players will be appreciated! 

HorseFeathers

Smackover vs junction city... Saturday of week 1.. smackover has a d1 recruit

HorseFeathers

Rhonda Elizabeth

Quote from: HF on June 18, 2015, 07:25:51 pm

Saturday?  Seriously?  That sounds like a great game and a Saturday would be perfect.  Why are they playing on a Saturday?

BigLion10

Smack over is playing Monday at uapb

Rhonda Elizabeth

Quote from: HF on June 18, 2015, 07:26:29 pm
Hector at Bearden week 9.....

I don't know that I have ever shot Hector ... and I shot Bearden a couple of years back.  What is it about this game that makes it a good game?  Is it a rivalry?  Or are both teams expected to be good this year?

Rhonda Elizabeth

Quote from: BigLion10 on June 18, 2015, 07:29:33 pm

This coming Monday or is this one of exhibition games that Hootens or another sports entity sponsors at the beginning of the season?

JC Guy

Quote from: HF on June 18, 2015, 07:25:51 pm
This one will be in Smackover but the next two weeks in Junction. 2nd week Rison and week 3 Haynesville. I know they are over the line in La but most in South Arkansas have been wanting to see this game forever. Any of the three should be hard hitting big time games.

JC Guy

Quote from: Rhonda Elizabeth on June 18, 2015, 07:32:15 pm
Quote from: BigLion10 on June 18, 2015, 07:29:33 pm

This coming Monday or is this one of exhibition games that Hootens or another sports entity sponsors at the beginning of the season?
Hootens Classic to start the season.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Rhonda Elizabeth on June 18, 2015, 07:30:15 pm

I don't know that I have ever shot Hector ... and I shot Bearden a couple of years back.  What is it about this game that makes it a good game?  Is it a rivalry?  Or are both teams expected to be good this year?

Non conference game.... but should both be top ten...was a 35-20 game last yr... Bearden won on what amounted to 3 busted plays..

Wilson

The JC/Haynesville game week 3 in JC. . JC 3 time defending Arkansas state champ in 2A.  Haynesville 2 time defending state champ in Louisiana 1A . same enrollment numbers as Arkansas 2A. . should be a great game

JC Guy

If we go back and read her request I guess we are out because Hootens has us picked to go back to the rock. All three games we mention for JC should be good ones but if you want a true 2A battle from Arkansas that week two game with Rison I think is going to be a battle. With what they return and what we graduate it should be one heck of a game. But like I said before any of the three the equipment managers order extra chin straps and have them on hand because they will all be wars.

Rhonda Elizabeth

I do enjoy shooting Junction City because they have been a really good team in the last several years.  I've got some good shots of those guys (the full-page color pic of J. Dancy  in last year's Hootens was one of mine) over the years.

I'm thinking the Rison-Fordyce game ...

What about Hermitage?  Anyone know anything about them?

Or EPC?

JC Guy

That Saturday game with JC at Smackover you will have a D1 player on the field and JC will have its win streak on the line.  Rison at JC will be two top four teams. That game with Haynsville will be wid with two time state champs vs three time state champions. After that our schedule falls off. If you want to shoot a big game any of them will be standing room only. Beardon vs JC you would have a D1 player. Most of the pics of JC that you had out are of guys that have moved on.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: JC Guy on June 19, 2015, 08:28:23 pm
That Saturday game with JC at Smackover you will have a D1 player on the field and JC will have its win streak on the line.  Rison at JC will be two top four teams. That game with Haynsville will be wid with two time state champs vs three time state champions. After that our schedule falls off. If you want to shoot a big game any of them will be standing room only. Beardon vs JC you would have a D1 player. Most of the pics of JC that you had out are of guys that have moved on.

Who's the d1 in Bearden game?

Proud Buckaroo

Sam Williams. He is committed to ULM.

HorseFeathers

Proud Buckaroo

bigworm

I feel confident that week 4 Magnet Cove at England will be a dandy. Hootens picks MC to win the 5 and England to finish 2nd. This game may decide the title according to them.

WonderWartHawg

June 21, 2015, 09:04:38 pm #19 Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 09:10:04 pm by WonderWartHawg
Quote from: Rhonda Elizabeth on June 18, 2015, 07:24:48 pm
I'm asking for suggestions as to where to go this season (and I mean football games only!  :P ):

I Prefer to shoot a game that -
1. Does not have the potential to be a blowout (A good game between matched teams provides the best photos)
2. Has a potential or actual D1 recruit
3. Not teams that are likely to be in the Championship game (I like to shoot a variety of teams).

I am really wanting to catch several 2A teams this year and travel is not an issue because I can and do travel to all corners of the state.  I have two primary outlets for my photos - Fearless Friday and Hootens so I like to shoot teams that are of interest to readers here and Hootens.

All suggestions for 2A games and/or players will be appreciated!

Rison/Fordyce (traditional 1st week game) is one of the oldest and most heated rivalries in small school ball.  Always a good game, packed stadiums, standing room only.  Fordyce is in 3A however so not a 2A/2A match up.  19 miles separate the two towns.

Oh, and Rison has the 15th (by one listing I saw) ranked recruit in the state in Chris Leaks.  Possible D1 recruit.  Not sure what Fordyce has this year, but they always have some good athletes.

LMath

Chris Leaks currently has two D1 offers and one D2.

#72 Bearden Bear

Quote from: HF on June 18, 2015, 07:58:06 pm
Quote from: Rhonda Elizabeth on June 18, 2015, 07:30:15 pm

Non conference game.... but should both be top ten...was a 35-20 game last yr... Bearden won on what amounted to 3 busted plays..
It was a close game until we started throwing the ball.

HorseFeathers

Passing and that qbs athleticism is what done us in...he could run circles around our guys and give tha t little speed demon reciever time to find a seam...

#72 Bearden Bear

Quote from: HF on June 22, 2015, 11:52:59 am
Passing and that qbs athleticism is what done us in...he could run circles around our guys and give tha t little speed demon reciever time to find a seam...
They both gone now, but we got new qb that's just as talented and some more receivers we didn't have last year. Losing 16 Seniors hurt us, but I think we'll be alright. Shouldn't be as cold as it was last year, but I'll still be wearing shorts though.

WonderWartHawg

Quote from: Luke Matheson on June 22, 2015, 11:05:27 am
Chris Leaks currently has two D1 offers and one D2.

Who's the third offer?  Know about SFA and UCA...

dragonpride27

#72 Bearden Bear

Quote from: Rhonda Elizabeth on June 19, 2015, 07:50:52 pm
I do enjoy shooting Junction City because they have been a really good team in the last several years.  I've got some good shots of those guys (the full-page color pic of J. Dancy  in last year's Hootens was one of mine) over the years.

I'm thinking the Rison-Fordyce game ...

What about Hermitage?  Anyone know anything about them?

Or EPC?
They have one of the best players in 2a, Monta Thomas. We won 54-40 last year and he was the only reason it was that close. He can pretty much do whatever he wants. We play Wk 10 in Bearden, could be a fun game to watch. Also Wk 8 Rison comes to town. Last 3 years the games have been pretty close.

mcnewfamily

think it's week 3  hazen/mccrory game.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas