• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clarendon

Started by JohnBarleycorn, May 28, 2015, 06:05:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigLion10

prayers for clarendon

purpleswag

Quote from: Redandwhite on June 16, 2015, 10:25:42 am
I can say i played for thrash the last two years, some of say he is not a good coach, he was the best coach i had since i went to clarendon. I dont care if we won or lost we tryed for him and he tryed to make the team better. I believe if he had one more year he will have a winning season.

That ain't sayin much. I'm guessing you don't play basketball cause they are the only coaches I have seen that know what they are doing.

minerjack

I can say i played for thrash the last two years, some of say he is not a good coach, he was the best coach i had since i went to clarendon. I dont care if we won or lost we tryed for him and he tryed to make the team better. I believe if he had one more year he will have a winning season.
Sounds like Thrash had the right philosophy going. Let's get the kids to not care a lick if we lose every game.

bigworm

Quote from: purpleswag on June 16, 2015, 12:36:03 pm

That ain't sayin much. I'm guessing you don't play basketball cause they are the only coaches I have seen that know what they are doing.

we will see how good that basketball coach is this season. It will take some good coaching to keep up the pace losing those seniors.

MomaLion

I agree...he was definitely making a difference.

MomaLion

Quote from: minerjack2212 on June 16, 2015, 08:05:34 pm
Sounds like Thrash had the right philosophy going. Let's get the kids to not care a lick if we lose every game.
You know that's not what he meant...more like it didn't matter if they won or lost they were going to give it their all for him and he was proud of them.

MomaLion

Quote from: bigworm on June 16, 2015, 10:12:23 pm
Quote from: purpleswag on June 16, 2015, 12:36:03 pm

we will see how good that basketball coach is this season. It will take some good coaching to keep up the pace losing those seniors.
You will be thoroughly surprised...did we fall when JJ graduated, NOPE.  There is still some serious talent and several that are playing AAU ball.  Will we sweep district as easily as before, probably not, but that doesn't mean we don't win.

jbtiger73

Y'all definitely won't sweep Brinkley, with the entire roster coming back. And augusta the same way too.

bigworm

Ro was a man. I'm sure it's going to be tuff without him. will clarendon be good? i think so. as good as last year? that i will have to see to believe. but good luck to them.

minerjack

Quote from: MomaLion on June 16, 2015, 11:31:24 pm
You know that's not what he meant...more like it didn't matter if they won or lost they were going to give it their all for him and he was proud of them.
So, if he was such a great coach and he's in the "PA Circle," why didn't Kevin Kelley hire him in the first place?

mom18

He's not certified.

purpleswag

Quote from: mom18 on June 17, 2015, 02:49:50 pm
He's not certified.

You don't have to be at a private school

purpleswag

Quote from: minerjack2212 on June 17, 2015, 01:38:25 pm
So, if he was such a great coach and he's in the "PA Circle," why didn't Kevin Kelley hire him in the first place?
I don't know how often you come around the 2a 6 discussions but Momalion is the ultimate "inexplicable optimist"

the impossibly optimistic fan out there who remains so, despite a decade plus of absolute futility.

On one hand, I respect anyone who can find a silver lining after years of embarrassing failures. On the other hand, accepting and defending the status quo (terrible coaching), helps to ensure that they will continue to suck until they consolidate with Brinkley.

minerjack

Quote from: purpleswag on June 17, 2015, 02:52:41 pm
He's not certified.

Yes you do. The AAA and DOE requires by law for all coaches participating in football to hold an Arkansas teaching certification.

minerjack

Quote from: purpleswag on June 17, 2015, 03:01:05 pm
I don't know how often you come around the 2a 6 discussions but Momalion is the ultimate "inexplicable optimist"

the impossibly optimistic fan out there who remains so, despite a decade plus of absolute futility.

On one hand, I respect anyone who can find a silver lining after years of embarrassing failures. On the other hand, accepting and defending the status quo (terrible coaching), helps to ensure that they will continue to suck until they consolidate with Brinkley.
So I've heard extensively about MomaLion.

mom18

I've been hearing that Clarendon was going to have to consolidate with Brinkley for at least 15 years.

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: minerjack2212 on June 17, 2015, 03:15:25 pm
Quote from: purpleswag on June 17, 2015, 02:52:41 pm
He's not certified.

Yes you do. The AAA and DOE requires by law for all coaches participating in football to hold an Arkansas teaching certification.

More than that.    They have to hold a coaching endorsement IIRC.   

minerjack

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on June 17, 2015, 04:12:52 pm

More than that.    They have to hold a coaching endorsement IIRC.   
Correct.  Via AAA or college hours. But before that they must be certified to teach.

AirWarren

Sadly this was an entry level job for him. A kid that grew up in WLR and attended Pulaski Academy wasn't going to dig his roots in Clarendon. That's not a knock on Clarendon, I'm sure it's a fine town, but we are talking about a former PA kid here.

purpleswag

Quote from: AirWarren on June 17, 2015, 06:42:15 pm
Sadly this was an entry level job for him. A kid that grew up in WLR and attended Pulaski Academy wasn't going to dig his roots in Clarendon. That's not a knock on Clarendon, I'm sure it's a fine town, but we are talking about a former PA kid here.

So this was his first job? How does one get hired as a head coach as an "entry" level job? Because he played at PA?

MomaLion

Don't get it twisted...I'm a true fan, not one that will run and hide when we have a down season...I love and support these kids win or lose. Can you say the same about your team???

MomaLion

Quote from: mom18 on June 17, 2015, 03:38:07 pm
I've been hearing that Clarendon was going to have to consolidate with Brinkley for at least 15 years.
Won't happen any time soon, if ever.

MomaLion

Quote from: jbtiger73 on June 17, 2015, 10:47:18 am
Y'all definitely won't sweep Brinkley, with the entire roster coming back. And augusta the same way too.
Never say never.

AirWarren

Quote from: purpleswag on June 17, 2015, 08:54:05 pm

So this was his first job? How does one get hired as a head coach as an "entry" level job? Because he played at PA?

All about who you know.

purpleswag

June 18, 2015, 07:14:39 am #74 Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 07:22:28 am by purpleswag
Quote from: MomaLion on June 18, 2015, 04:57:44 am

Don't get it twisted...I'm a true fan, not one that will run and hide when we have a down season...I love and support these kids win or lose. Can you say the same about your team???

I'll let ya know when my team starts losing like yours  ;D. Seriously though, you always bring it back to the kids. Nobody here has said anything about the kids. You CAN support the kids and think the coach is a doofus ya know

You should be mad at who ever does the hiring over there, just sayin

purpleswag

Quote from: AirWarren on June 18, 2015, 06:29:30 am
Quote from: purpleswag on June 17, 2015, 08:54:05 pm

All about who you know.

sadly this is true

AirWarren

Quote from: purpleswag on June 18, 2015, 07:14:39 am

I'll let ya know when my team starts losing like yours  ;D. Seriously though, you always bring it back to the kids. Nobody here has said anything about the kids. You CAN support the kids and think the coach is a doofus ya know

Women wear their emotions differently. And most of the time, it's very annoying on here.

MomaLion

I'm not mad at anybody. The kids do the best they can and that's all I care about.

MomaLion

Quote from: AirWarren on June 18, 2015, 09:48:51 am

Women wear their emotions differently. And most of the time, it's very annoying on here.
Lol that's hilarious.

minerjack

Quote from: MomaLion on June 18, 2015, 12:55:09 pm
I'm not mad at anybody. The kids do the best they can and that's all I care about.
So, trying to be an overachiever isn't your mentality?

Tigerdad2

Will Clarendon ever be a consistent winner?

MomaLion

Quote from: minerjack2212 on June 18, 2015, 01:16:46 pm
Quote from: MomaLion on June 18, 2015, 12:55:09 pm
So, trying to be an overachiever isn't your mentality?
Trying to be a great supporter is my mentality. 

MomaLion

Quote from: Tigerdad2 on June 18, 2015, 01:47:33 pm
Will Clarendon ever be a consistent winner?
That's a silly question.  Like most other schools, Brinkley included, we will have up and down years.  Yes, we've been down in football for a while now but until they get and keep a coach that is invested in the town/school that's to be expected.  Basketball, track and even weightlifting are on the upswing.  We will be down a bit in basketball from the previous few seasons from losing such a great group of Srs but far from a bad season.

Jacketman65

When was the last time you had a winning FB season?  Record?

MomaLion

Honestly I couldn't give you stats but it's been a while.  I'm there cheering them on regardless :)

JC Guy

What's the word I am looking for? Bully's that's it and Air your comment was so far out of bounds you need a GPS to find your way back. ML keep fighting the good fight for your team.

AirWarren

JC Guy

Quote from: AirWarren on June 18, 2015, 09:48:51 am

JC Guy

Your better than that man!

AirWarren

Ha ha. That is a true statement, women do carry their emotions differently! That's a fact!

JC Guy

Yes they do and be glad ML must be a saint. If that was my wife a lot of you guys would see some other ways women can carry them. lol I love the fact that so many women are on this site. We all need to face it just like at most of our homes with out the women behind our programs a lot of things would be tough.

minerjack

Quote from: JC Guy on June 19, 2015, 10:23:57 am
Yes they do and be glad ML must be a saint. If that was my wife a lot of you guys would see some other ways women can carry them. lol I love the fact that so many women are on this site. We all need to face it just like at most of our homes with out the women behind our programs a lot of things would be tough.
I think 90% of situations involving mothers in a football program make things 10 times more complicated. I think we can all agree on that.

AirWarren

It does. Because every mom thinks their kid is the super star when in reality some are and some aren't.

minerjack

Or their baby isn't being taken care of. Or he's hurt and he needs to sit out. Whine, whine, whine...

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: AirWarren on June 19, 2015, 11:45:08 am
It does. Because every mom thinks their kid is the super star when in reality some are and some aren't.

Wouldn't you say you think your kid is a super star? Regardless... Or would you just tell them they aren't that good?

JC Guy

Well you could look at it like that. Many mothers think that every kid should play or get a trophy. I could flip that and say many fathers think the know more than the coaches and feel this kid or that kid should be starting over another. What I was saying is at least in our program the mothers help raise a lot of funds, organize events and things of that nature. Who makes sure the kids are at the field house in the summer who makes most of that stuff happen?  From my point of view most times it's not the dads. We get to take them to the camp and stand beside them when they get some kind of award or praise but without mom in most cases it never happens.

JC Guy

Quote from: minerjack2212 on June 19, 2015, 11:47:50 am
Or their baby isn't being taken care of. Or he's hurt and he needs to sit out. Whine, whine, whine...
Well that is an area issue because in this part of the world mom and dad have that rub a little dirt on it mentallity.

JC Guy

Quote from: AirWarren on June 19, 2015, 11:45:08 am
And dad!

JC Guy

Guys don't stick your head in the sand and act like everything I just said isn't true. You sit in the stands just like I do. I can't say about most places but I bet Warren is not much different than JC when everyone expects greatness. It can be brutal if you have a kid on the field ( some of the crap you hear ) coming out of your own stands. So no I won't put that on just moms.

minerjack

Quote from: JC Guy on June 19, 2015, 11:54:05 am
Well you could look at it like that. Many mothers think that every kid should play or get a trophy. I could flip that and say many fathers think the know more than the coaches and feel this kid or that kid should be starting over another. What I was saying is at least in our program the mothers help raise a lot of funds, organize events and things of that nature. Who makes sure the kids are at the field house in the summer who makes most of that stuff happen?  From my point of view most times it's not the dads. We get to take them to the camp and stand beside them when they get some kind of award or praise but without mom in most cases it never happens.
Coaches.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas