• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

open dates for the 4-2A and 8-2A due to loss of Hartford, Hampton,(and Norphlet last season)

Started by beach bum, May 16, 2015, 09:13:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

beach bum

WEEK 2: Bearden, Woodlawn
WEEK 3: Hector, Strong
WEEK 4: Bearden, Woodlawn
WEEK 5: Junction City, Mountainburg, Union Christian
WEEK 6: Decatur, Rison, Hermitage, JC Westside
WEEK 7: JC Westside, Hermitage, Magazine
WEEK 8: Woodlawn, Union Christian, Hermitage, Parkers Chapel
WEEK 9: Western Yell, *** LR McClellan(was non conference for Hampton)
WEEK 10: Strong, Junction City, Mountainburg

***NOTES: I know these are long drives for teams but these teams should really contact each other and make an additional game happen even if it meant meeting half way at a nuetral site. Bearden and Hector last year as well as Hackett and Parkers Chapel week 10 this year have seemed to plugged a week. As of now, Woodlawn and Hermitage have 3 bye weeks including Hermitage having 3 in a row (they get a bye month apparently)... also I assume Junction City is playing Haynesville week 3? Examples could be Hector vs. Strong week 3, Hermitage vs. Magazine week 7, and Western Yell vs. LR McClellan (5A school with 12 wins in the last 10 years) in week 9. Even if conference foes need to play again for a non conference game like Bearden and Woodlawn week 2 or 4 make it happen for the kids.

beach bum

Also, I know Midland from the 3-2A was struggling at the end of last year with numbers.... are they doing ok for this upcoming year?

Dragon I

You think Mountainburg's coach would seriously consider playing JC right before the playoffs?

Wilson

Pretty sure JC already has a out of state team ready to plug into the spot opened up by the Hampton drop

beach bum

Quote from: Dragon I on May 16, 2015, 12:49:21 pm
You think Mountainburg's coach would seriously consider playing JC right before the playoffs?

No, but Strong is realistic......

Dragon I

beach bum

Quote from: Dragon I on May 16, 2015, 03:34:27 pm
About as realistic as scheduling the Patriots.

Why? If you're a coach then you signed up for it.... sacrifice a 4 hour road trip or meet half way. But some coaches think that might be too much sacrifice. I would have hated a bye week in the regular season as everyone else on here would have too. If a coach thinks its too big of a sacrifice to pick up the phone and make it happen so his kids have an extra game just to have him a Friday night off in the fall instead when a team is available to play. Especially in 2A-4A so little percentage of kids play at the college level and high school is all they will play. Coaches know what they sign up for. The coaches at Hector, Bearden, Hackett, and Parkers Chapel are on the ball with it. JC is obviously on its own level but are filling spots with worthy out of state competition. Hopefully the other schools follow.

Dragon I

beach bum

Quote from: Dragon I on May 16, 2015, 04:08:52 pm
You would honestly schedule JC in week ten as a non conference game?

I will say it again, no they are not worth getting kids hurt playing or being down 49-0 at half after driving 5 hours. But Strong is very average now so they are realistic as well as the other examples I gave.

HorseFeathers

Don't see a hector or strong who are in distress being willing to make multiple cross state trips to fill open n dates at this point...

Proud Buckaroo

There is no way strong is willing to make that trip. They are already in distress as it is.

StrongDawg

beach bum

Quote from: StrongDawg on May 17, 2015, 12:21:06 pm
Strong and Lafayette County gonna play week 3

Good to see... if everyone could get up to 9 games that would be pretty good as far as salvaging something.

thunderlizard

Hermitage and Rison are playing week 6.  Two teams will face each other in week 5 as the conference game with week 6 being non-conference.

heavyhittaz_7

Week 6 would be were all the back ups played. Wouldnt risk getting nobody hurt and the two teams just played the week before.

HorseFeathers

Well...hector is traveling to strong in week 3.... looks like we're doing what we can to get used to the 2a-8 style...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas