• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

jc to 3a

Started by Donnie Jamon, April 30, 2015, 04:34:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bleudog

May 07, 2015, 12:44:42 pm #50 Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 12:51:33 pm by bleudog
Quote from: The_Devil_Himself on May 06, 2015, 10:23:16 pm
Ignorance and animosity? That's hilarious. Shall we revive a few ancient threads filled with accusations by myself and others regarding JC's competitive improprieties? I think when we do it will be rather obvious that many of those statements are indeed closer to the truth than what you guys have been telling. We were saying JC is getting a lot of kids from Louisiana, not just a few as you all have contended.
Now, you're enrollment has magically increased by about 20% thanks to the correction of an ADE/AAA computer glitch?!?!?!
You guys are liars. And now, even after it has been proven, you are unrepentant about it.

Since the mid-90s, the Ward 9 area has provided around 15% to 25% of the total JC K-12 student population.  ADE knows this.  AAA knows this.  Before the Claiborne SD killed the agreement, I think the actual number of Ward 9 students was around 105-115.  I think it dropped to around 90 something when the Delhi Charter school was involved for the one year.  Since NECC was formed, the number is somewhere in the mid 140s.  That increase in the number of kids (and again, that's K-12) is the most likely cause of a large 2A school becoming a small 3A school. Not some lie of yours about "enrollment has magically increased by about 20%.

bleudog

May 07, 2015, 12:48:16 pm #51 Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 03:08:27 pm by bleudog
Quote from: The_Devil_Himself on May 06, 2015, 10:30:28 pm
By the way, just got a text informing me that Gurdon rolled over Junction City at the Class 2A State Track meet tonight.

GURDON GO-DEVILS 2015 CLASS 2A STATE TRACK CHAMPIONS
Chew on that awhile.

I don't know much about track and field, but is a score of 97 - 93 rolling over somebody?

Reads like the difference was JC not having a 4X400 team qualify and some problem in the 4X100.

CLICK HERE

Also noticed the meet was hosted by Gurdon.  Is there any home field advantage in T&F?

Either way, congratulations to both teams.

minerjack

JC 4X400 wasn't fast enough.  They didn't qualify for state during district.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bleudog on May 07, 2015, 12:44:42 pm
Quote from: The_Devil_Himself on May 06, 2015, 10:23:16 pm
Ignorance and animosity? That's hilarious. Shall we revive a few ancient threads filled with accusations by myself and others regarding JC's competitive improprieties? I think when we do it will be rather obvious that many of those statements are indeed closer to the truth than what you guys have been telling. We were saying JC is getting a lot of kids from Louisiana, not just a few as you all have contended.
Now, you're enrollment has magically increased by about 20% thanks to the correction of an ADE/AAA computer glitch?!?!?!
You guys are liars. And now, even after it has been proven, you are unrepentant about it.

Since the mid-90s, the Ward 9 area has provided around 15% to 25% of the total JC K-12 student population.  ADE knows this.  AAA knows this.  Before the Claiborne SD killed the agreement, I think the actual number of Ward 9 students was around 105-115.  I think it dropped to around 90 something when the Delhi Charter school was involved for the one year.  Since NECC was formed, the number is somewhere in the mid 140s.  That increase in the number of kids (and again, that's K-12) is the most likely cause of a large 2A school becoming a small 3A school. Not some lie of yours about "enrollment has magically increased by about 20%.
bleu....we aren*t fooled by your magical facts and numbers....our tin foil caps will keep us safe from your brain washing radio waves!

bleudog

May 07, 2015, 03:06:44 pm #54 Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 03:10:59 pm by bleudog
Quote from: HF on May 07, 2015, 02:17:10 pm
[bleu....we aren*t fooled by your magical facts and numbers....our tin foil caps will keep us safe from your brain washing radio waves!

Watch the watch.  You are getting very, very sleeeeeeeeepy.

Now if I could just get good at that part about making people disappear, the world could be a smarter place. ;D

HorseFeathers

You know...TDH has never actually proved that any of the Louisiana kids are starting on any of the sports teams, or are the superstar kids that did the damage...

nuttinbuthogs

JC should still be a competitor but it will be a bit tougher on them now.

bleudog

May 07, 2015, 06:44:05 pm #57 Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 09:58:08 am by bleudog
Quote from: HF on May 07, 2015, 05:26:30 pm
You know...TDH has never actually proved that any of the Louisiana kids are starting on any of the sports teams, or are the superstar kids that did the damage...

To stay with the numbers theme, I'd estimate about 20% or so on average of all extra curricula groups are probably NECCers.  Of those who choose athletics, some are key members of their respective teams, some are jersey fillers and some fall somewhere in between; just like the kids from the other five AR school zones would.  I know there was a softball pitcher a few years back and a player who is on the baseball team now who both lived/live in LA.  They are brother and sister and their parents both work at the school and have for a long time.  Other than that, I wouldn't know where any of the players live except the ones I see in my neighborhood.

dragondad

While your bragging about the Devils winning track, why don't you tell us how a 4x1 team gets a DQ for early handoff inside the exchange zone.

While you're digging up posts, make sure you grab the ones where Bleu posted the actual ADE spreadsheets that showed the LA count. Nothing has ever been hidden, just two numbers where now it's combined. At least before you knew the LA count....now you'll just have to go to bed guessing.

Oh, and yes.....ignorance and animosity.

bleudog

May 07, 2015, 09:20:12 pm #59 Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 09:37:08 pm by bleudog
Quote from: dragondad on May 07, 2015, 09:15:05 pm
While your bragging about the Devils winning track, why don't you tell us how a 4x1 team gets a DQ for early handoff inside the exchange zone...........

That might answer my earlier "is there any home field advantage in T&F" question.  :-X

Mohawk 54

JC got DQ because they were not in the exchange zone, fourth leg was outside of it (in front of it). Both Judges in that zone called it right away. And no they were not from Gurdon.

dragondad

Water under the bridge. I'd say a 4pt loss after a DQ and not competing in many events by a team that has no track and field facilities whatsoever...is pretty dang good. Again though, congrats to Gurdon, that Harvell kid is something special. Congrats to him as well.

Mohawk 54

I agree with you JC has done very well, like I said on another post, great group of Sr. I'm sure they will be miss by you'll.

Backwoods Bart

May 08, 2015, 08:29:44 am #63 Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 08:48:52 am by Backwoods Bart
Quote from: WonderWartHawg on May 07, 2015, 09:43:07 am
Quote from: Lions84 on May 06, 2015, 08:40:57 am
JC will be fine in 3A!

Should do okay, but believe me - the playoffs especially are a little tougher in 3A.  Rison spent a few years there a while back.  One good thing for JC though, Booneville has gone back to 4A.

I don't know what talent JC will have when it makes the transition to 3A, but every 3A or 4 or 5A schools in the state in the past two years would have had difficulty in containing that team. We spent the last two years thinking that any team (JC) could be beaten on any given night including the playoffs, but no one came close, including 3A opponents. JC will reload.

bleudog

May 08, 2015, 09:34:19 am #64 Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 09:44:46 am by bleudog
Quote from: Backwoods Bart on May 08, 2015, 08:29:44 am
Quote from: WonderWartHawg on May 07, 2015, 09:43:07 am
Quote from: Lions84 on May 06, 2015, 08:40:57 am
JC will be fine in 3A!

Should do okay, but believe me - the playoffs especially are a little tougher in 3A.  Rison spent a few years there a while back.  One good thing for JC though, Booneville has gone back to 4A.

I don't know what talent JC will have when it makes the transition to 3A, but every 3A or 4 or 5A schools in the state in the past two years would have had difficulty in containing that team. We spent the last two years thinking that any team (JC) could be beaten on any given night including the playoffs, but no one came close, including 3A opponents. JC will reload, and yes, they will be head and shoulders above the competition. Just keepin' it real.

'14 senior football class was fairly large numbers-wise and and one of the more talented groups.   
  4   Armstrong     
25   Avery     
40   Bell   
56   Brown     
  3   Dancy     
  7   Evans   
13   Gibson     
  8   Holyfield     
  2   Levingston     
52   Mason     
24   Matthews     
  6   Rogers     
67   Singelton     
21   Smith     
57   Thurmon 

More than a few of them were significant contributors since their sophomore years and they will be hard to replace.

bleudog

May 08, 2015, 11:52:53 am #65 Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 11:57:38 am by bleudog
South Regional first round baseball final from Woodlawn:

Quote from: 66SSV on May 08, 2015, 11:42:45 am
JC 4 Gurdon 0
Smith throws no hitter

Would winning a suitcase tournament game no-hitter style be considered rollin'?  ;)

dragondad

Quote from: bleudog on May 08, 2015, 11:52:53 am

JC 4 Gurdon 0
Smith throws no hitter

Would winning a suitcase tournament game no-hitter style be considered rollin'?  ;)

According to TDH standards.....I believe in baseball that would be much more than a "steamroll".

Wilson

Getting suitcased via no hitter would be considered "rolled" . .yes bleu ;)

The_Devil_Himself

I'm sure a good looking trophy came with that.

BigBrother

They won a chance to get a trophy and gurdon nope. Just don't reply 9r I'll put highlights of JC female dog slapping ya all last year in football. If field had been dry dancy rushes for 500.

BigBrother

Actually you never get a trophy for beating gurdon. They are never there in a trophy game

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: BigBrother on May 08, 2015, 11:33:03 pm
Actually you never get a trophy for beating gurdon. They are never there in a trophy game

They were Wednesday, Boudreaux.

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: BigBrother on May 08, 2015, 11:31:36 pm
They won a chance to get a trophy and gurdon nope. Just don't reply 9r I'll put highlights of JC female dog slapping ya all last year in football. If field had been dry dancy rushes for 500.

You would have needed it, too. I'm fairly certain the weather effected Gurdon's passing game a lot more than it effected JC's run game.

The_Devil_Himself

There is now more than ever reason to suspect the validity of Junction City's recent success. The claims that the enrollment there is greater than reported is verified and the source of that increase comes from south of the state line. It is not even a reach to suppose that there has been some illegal participation.

Asterisk.

The_Devil_Himself

JC 4 Gurdon 0
Smith throws no hitter

How many seniors does your baseball team have?

cuz

bleudog

May 09, 2015, 05:24:28 pm #76 Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 05:58:50 pm by bleudog
Quote from: The_Devil_Himself on May 09, 2015, 11:21:18 am

JC 4 Gurdon 0
Smith throws no hitter

How many seniors does your baseball team have?

Quote from: cuz on May 09, 2015, 03:29:12 pm

Thanks cuz. I knew Cupp and Jolley were seniors, but wasn't sure if there were any more.  Seems like over recent history there are more years than not where only a few manage to get in the full four.

dragondad

Quote from: The_Devil_Himself on May 09, 2015, 11:18:30 am
There is now more than ever reason to suspect the validity of Junction City's recent success. The claims that the enrollment there is greater than reported is verified and the source of that increase comes from south of the state line. It is not even a reach to suppose that there has been some illegal participation.

Asterisk.

Ignorance and Animosity!

No asterisk needed here

Longfellow

I've never been in a position to watch JC play, or play against them, and I'm wondering why their numbers are such a big deal to everyone. Would you really care so much if the dragons weren't slathering all of your teams on a regular basis? Probably not. If you can't prove that they are actually doing something illegal, then leave them alone. Has it ever occurred to you that maybe they are just benefiting from this situation with the bus routes and distances from the Louisiana schools?

JC Guy

Guys the best thing to do in many cases is to let the insane crap and dabble in it. You will never convince someone with TDH's mentality of anything but what he wants to hear. If you go on this very board back to the thread about " tired of JC fans " on page two Blue explained very well that we would more than likely go to 3A this cycle. Now that it has happened  ( by three students ) our buddy to the north has uncovered a great conspiracy. Some people need to get a life. FOR THE RECORD THAT WAS LAST OCTOBER WHEN BLEU EXPLAINED WHAT WAS UNFOLDING DOWN HERE!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Longfellow on May 10, 2015, 11:37:31 am
I've never been in a position to watch JC play, or play against them, and I'm wondering why their numbers are such a big deal to everyone. Would you really care so much if the dragons weren't slathering all of your teams on a regular basis? Probably not. If you can't prove that they are actually doing something illegal, then leave them alone. Has it ever occurred to you that maybe they are just benefiting from this situation with the bus routes and distances from the Louisiana schools?

Nobody had a problem with rison dressing 40+ or hector dressing 35 in the regular season..jealousy breeds conspiracies....

dragondad

Quote from: HF on May 10, 2015, 08:03:56 pm

Nobody had a problem with rison dressing 40+ or hector dressing 35 in the regular season..jealousy breeds conspiracies....

It also breeds Ignorance and Animosity!

Maybe he'll get tired of hearing that phrase and find some other dead horse to beat.

THA TRUTH

He won't stop til u stop replying to it

MomaLion

Truth from Tha Truth  :)...I admire JC's programs and honestly other programs should take a cue from them and work on building their own dynasty...can't say I will miss them in 2A though lol.

Juco soldier

Well, Rison and Hector don't dress out 35+ every single season like JC has.  Most 2A schools go through ups and downs with classes every few years, Mostly. Some schools consistently have 20- every year and its hard to compete. Norphlet who just lost their school basically the last 3 years they played varsity were playing with bare numbers and overcame odds to win. But when you match up schools like that with JC it demoralizes them. 

WonderWartHawg

Quote from: HF on May 10, 2015, 08:03:56 pm

Rison dressing 40+ would only be likely in the playoffs and only because they let the freshmen dress out.
There have been few times that I recall that the varsity roster was in that neighborhood.  30 something is usually considered 'good numbers' for Rison.
As a side though, I recall Rison winning one of their 8 state championships only dressing out 21 players.

Pit Bull

Fudging the Numbers to be dominate in sports is all too common... AAA needs a better accountability system....

WPWells

So you're saying schools would give up money from the state just to win a state championship?

dragondad

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on May 11, 2015, 01:14:46 pm
So you're saying schools would give up money from the state just to win a state championship?

Thank you!!   My hope is that moving to 3A will allow us to afford building a track and field facility. 

Pit Bull

12th Tiger, Yes! Especially when funds can be acquired through other means...

Wilson

So you're saying JC has other ways of obtaining funds huh? . . please enlighten everyone to your theory . . .i want to see just how far up you think this conspiracy goes!!!! ;)

dragondad

May 11, 2015, 11:17:41 pm #91 Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 11:24:35 pm by dragondad
Quote from: Pit Bull on May 11, 2015, 08:51:48 pm

12th Tiger, Yes! Especially when funds can be acquired through other means...

Have you ever been to Junction City? Have you seen our football facilities? Other than the practice facility, which is being paid for by tax millage, every building is 50 years old or near about. No track and field facilities at all. What we call the new gym was but in 1965. Our weight room/locker room/coaches office/film room, and the guest locker room all pre-date de-segregation. Visitors stands are sit at your own risk.

I sure as heck wish I knew where...or how...we could generate funding from other sources. Even if there was some cockeyed way to generate funds, it'd be near impossible to generate what we'd be denying by dodging 3A.

Proud Buckaroo

We can only hope you guys repair the football facility. Those wooden bleachers are hard on the gluts. lol.

dragondad

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on May 11, 2015, 11:27:02 pm
We can only hope you guys repair the football facility. Those wooden bleachers are hard on the gluts. lol.

We can't have yall being too comfortable

mom18

If JC wasn't winning EVERY year no one would care. It happens all the time in Arkansas, it's just called freedom of choice. If the kid lives close to a school where they can b a bigger star, that's where the parents are going to send him.

Pit Bull

Quote from: Wilson on May 11, 2015, 10:18:59 pm
So you're saying JC has other ways of obtaining funds huh? . . please enlighten everyone to your theory . . .i want to see just how far up you think this conspiracy goes!!!! ;)

Hey calm down, I haven't accused JC of anything, I mean everyone is curious about the 150 students but I'm saying its a state wide issues, fortunately the milk cartons don't lie...

dragondad

Quote from: Pit Bull on May 12, 2015, 08:52:35 pm
Quote from: Wilson on May 11, 2015, 10:18:59 pm

Hey calm down, I haven't accused JC of anything, I mean everyone is curious about the 150 students but I'm saying its a state wide issues, fortunately the milk cartons don't lie...

So in your own words, not someone else's idiotic banter, what exactly are you curious about? It's been shown, stated, explained, and proven....many times. Quit acting like you know something and show us that you don't.

Until then, we'll just chalk it up to more Ignorance and Animosity

Wilson

Milk cartons? . . so is there a reason to believe that missing children from across the country who appear on milk cartons are in actuality these 150 kids that people are talking about that mysteriously showed up in JC?. . this conspiracy gets better all the time!!! ;)

Proud Buckaroo

Even more to the rumor... Apparently; according to a 3A poster, a guy believes you guys even PAY the players.

Pit Bull

Prepared meals and milk has to be recorded in every state funded institution. It's mostly statistical data but the numbers don't lie and provide accurate ball park enrollment numbers for each school...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas