• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Haynesville Vs Junction City

Started by TorMan, April 24, 2015, 01:30:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TorMan

Just to give Junction fans some information on this Years Tornado team and what they are up against.
Haynesville will only be returning 3 players offensively, Fb. Keandre Harris, 6-1 220#, Lt. L.J. Jackson, 6-2 285# and Te. K.Z. Larkins, 6-2 230#.
Defensively, 5 starters Return, Dt. Tony Critton Jr., 6-0 300#, De. Keandre Harris, Lb. K.Z. Larkins, Cb. Treon Harris 5-10 170#, S. Jarnel Harris, 6-1 185#.
As you can see it will be a reload/rebuild year for the Tornado, none the less a scrappy bunch and will be a huge challenge for the Dragons. Haynesville plays clean, hard nosed football with minimal trash talking if any, and will help you up after a play. So look for good sportsmanship and a team with no quit.
Key losses were all across the O line, Dline, and Lb. Kendrick Jackson Lb signed with Ark. James Jackson Cb with La. Tech as well as several to smaller Jr colleges. Similar to J.C. with the Dragons Te and Rb signing at the same 2 schools. I have been told by a person close to the program that J.C. will return 5-6 starters on both sides of the ball which one would think gives them a slight advantage this year.
Haynesville fans and players have been looking for and wanting this matchup for years now(literally since the mid 90's) and we are super pumped that it is finally going to happen! I mean, really, 30 miles apart, Tors are 17 time state champs with 3 out of the the last 6 titles, Dragons have won 3 in a row and have 6 or 7 titles I believe..... It just makes good sense! I hope it stays a yearly matchup, it will draw a good gate and be competitive every year! Haynesville's enrollment is 168 students 9-12th grade, J.C. has 185 students 9-12th. So the schools are similar in size as well.
The main difference is in Arkansas rules, there is no overtime in the regular season, in La. there is. Also, there is no "running clock mercy rule" in La. You play the entire game. Although that will certainly not come into play for this matchup. I cant wait to see this game the next 2 years! Let me know what you guys think about this game, as well as give me some more in depth info on J.C's team for this season!

Wilson

Should be one heck of a game. . living in Claiborne parish here on the lake. . i get a lot of haynesville "propaganda" ;) . ..my neighbor is from H town and his son played there. . he seems to think this years H town squad will be better than last years even with the losses in players. . he also says either next years team or the year after will be one of Haynesvilles legendary teams people talk about. . now this could be the usual bluster you get when talking to a graduate of a future opponent . .but the guy is normally a straight shooter

dragondad

Should be a great game, one of those you hate to see either team lose.

AR does have OT, but only in conference games.

JC returns a few starters on both sides but also has a ton of second/third string that got a lot of playing time last season. It seems like forever until Sep, can we just start early.....please!!!!

TorMan

Yes! Can't get here soon enough! Wilson, as far as this years squad being better than the past 3 squads, not even close! Not sure what your neighbor is seeing or being told. As a life long resident as well as former mid 90's player, not many people keep up with the team, it's players and  their families like I do. With that being said, this will be our youngest team in at least 4-5 years. The few coming back are definitely experienced and good, but not near enough to make the case he is touting.... The young players coming in from jr high are not that talented, lost 41-7 to north Webster just this year. But coach franklin is a good at "coaching them up" as well as the weight program is second to none. So these next few teams will be solid, but definitely not some of the "legendary" squads or tornado past..... That is unless they prove me wrong and blow out everyone they face, with 10 shutouts in 15 games and a state championship or something like that!!! We will see in the first 3 weeks just how good they are facing consoldated north Webster and union parish before Jc.

Rida4Life

I wish they would play this one on Saturday in Memorial Stadium in El Do.  Everyone in South Arkansas will be at JC to watch this one.  Folks down here have wanted to see this one for a long time.

Proud Buckaroo

If I wasn't working. I'd definitely go to it! It's going to be a good game.

cuz

May 13, 2015, 09:04:12 pm #6 Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 09:07:04 pm by cuz
JC will be competitive no doubt. They lost their whole Backfield so that will definitely be a key factor especially at the QB position. The line should be ok both ways with some depth. JC has always had good running backs and this year won't be any different look forward to a great game....

Proud Buckaroo

So... You think CJ will fill the shoes of Dancy?

cuz

cuz

Quote from: cuz on May 13, 2015, 09:07:26 pm
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on May 13, 2015, 09:06:13 pm
So... You think CJ will fill the shoes of Dancy?
Thats a tall order, but you'll sure know he's there....

bleudog

Quote from: Rida4Life on May 13, 2015, 11:13:15 am
I wish they would play this one on Saturday in Memorial Stadium in El Do.  Everyone in South Arkansas will be at JC to watch this one.  Folks down here have wanted to see this one for a long time.

Dang, I wish the NCAA hadn't put the hiatus on playing on university campuses.  Put this one together with a couple of other good ones and play a triple header in Ruston at The Joe.

dragondad

I think we're more loaded in the backfield than people realize. Johnson, Brown, Davis, Taylor, Gorman....

Proud Buckaroo

But no Dancy. I know you guys have talent back there. Just hard to replace a kid his caliber.

Wilson

Considering they won 3 other titles without a back his caliber . . i figure the backfield will be fine. . most seasons Coach uses a committee back there. .even in 03 . when he had 4 backs. .

Lions84

It will be a game to go and see if you can.

cuz

Quote from: Lions84 on May 14, 2015, 12:06:16 pm
Should be packed...

bleudog

Quote from: cuz on May 15, 2015, 07:40:35 pm
Quote from: Lions84 on May 14, 2015, 12:06:16 pm
Should be packed...

Just thinking cuz, using El Dorado (if available) might not be a bad idea.  The new building construction near Dragon Stadium will be underway by then.  JC is going to have to rework the normal entrance, use temporary restrooms and a temporary concession stand.  Maybe our friends in El Deaux would let us play this one at Paul H. Muse Field North.

Proud Buckaroo

Could bring in more people if you guys can land that. I'm sure Lousianna fans travel well. Especially with them wanting this game for awhile. Not much room in your visitor stands. Going to be hard to find a parking spot with the building going in the parking lot now.

beach bum

Is this game being played week 3?

Wilson

Lions84

It would be great to see it played on a Saturday at Eldorado .

mtindian42

USA today score prediction jc 35 hville 14

Proud Buckaroo

I think that's stretching it a bit too far.

BigLion10

mtindian42

Cal preps has it h-ville 28 jc 17 lol.

mtindian42

Wilson

I think Calpreps has a better track record. . that being said. . its best to call it a toss up at this point.  a better idea will be known after both teams first 2 games. . both squads are replacing so many starters . .but more than starters . .leaders. . cause both teams have a good many players that saw significant playing time due to blowouts. . leadership and who steps up to fill those voids on each squad is the main question

Lions84

I see it as the only loss JC will have on their Final 2A tour.

TorMan

Well, its finally time! I don't think it is what either team or town was hoping for as far as records go. But I still think that it will be a game worth attending. Heard that Jc may have lost Matthew Freeman vs Rison and a Db a few weeks ago. As of now Haynesville is severely handicapped with the loss of Keandre Harris with an ankle injury, Kz Larkins with concussion symptoms, Jalan Harris with a knee injury and Jarnel Harris with Disciplinary issues. Not sure of their status for Friday Night, if I hear something I will let yall know.   That is our Starting FB, TE, & WR on Offense. Both of the Starting DE's, LB and Safety on Defense. That is 4 of our 5 best players, talent and experience wise and when they went out this week, Union staged a furious comeback and won the game after being down 13 pts with 3 min to go. Needless to say, our depth was an issue. I wish that both teams were unbeaten and 100% healthy, but none such luck. However, I do think both teams played a heck of a schedule to this point and will be fine when healthy and come playoff time. Haynesville had played 3-A #4 North Webster and 3-A #6 Union. For those not familiar with Louisiana enrollment, these would be 5-A schools in the Arkansas Activities Association. Jc has played #2 2-A Rison and a Top 5 3-A school Smackover. It has been since 2003 that Haynesville started a season 0-2. I have no idea who will win and there are no common opponents. All I do know is that Haynesville and its fans have wanted this game for years and years. The last meeting was in 1931 and Haynesville is 4-0 vs JC all time. Previous meetings were in 1924, 1925, 1926 and 1931. A LONG TIME AGO!! We are lucky to have this game for these 2 seasons and I hope it becomes a yearly rivalry. Good Luck to the Dragons and Tornado! What are yall's thoughts on this game?

Hornet4ever

Junction City releases some steam after losing the big streak. With the way the injuries sound for Haynesville I say JC wins this in a close one. I don't really know much about Haynesville though so I could be very wrong on the outcome of this game.

WPWells

I'll be pulling for JC, but I don't really see them doing it

bleudog

Quote from: TorMan on September 14, 2015, 02:27:49 pm
Well, its finally time! I don't think it is what either team or town was hoping for as far as records go. But I still think that it will be a game worth attending. Heard that Jc may have lost Matthew Freeman vs Rison and a Db a few weeks ago. As of now Haynesville is severely handicapped with the loss of Keandre Harris with an ankle injury, Kz Larkins with concussion symptoms, Jalan Harris with a knee injury and Jarnel Harris with Disciplinary issues. Not sure of their status for Friday Night, if I hear something I will let yall know.   That is our Starting FB, TE, & WR on Offense. Both of the Starting DE's, LB and Safety on Defense. That is 4 of our 5 best players, talent and experience wise and when they went out this week, Union staged a furious comeback and won the game after being down 13 pts with 3 min to go. Needless to say, our depth was an issue. I wish that both teams were unbeaten and 100% healthy, but none such luck. However, I do think both teams played a heck of a schedule to this point and will be fine when healthy and come playoff time. Haynesville had played 3-A #4 North Webster and 3-A #6 Union. For those not familiar with Louisiana enrollment, these would be 5-A schools in the Arkansas Activities Association. Jc has played #2 2-A Rison and a Top 5 3-A school Smackover. It has been since 2003 that Haynesville started a season 0-2. I have no idea who will win and there are no common opponents. All I do know is that Haynesville and its fans have wanted this game for years and years. The last meeting was in 1931 and Haynesville is 4-0 vs JC all time. Previous meetings were in 1924, 1925, 1926 and 1931. A LONG TIME AGO!! We are lucky to have this game for these 2 seasons and I hope it becomes a yearly rivalry. Good Luck to the Dragons and Tornado! What are yall's thoughts on this game?

JC Facebook page had the series this way:

HAYNESVILLE Leads Series 5-0

1923 Haynesville 38 Junction City 0
1924 Haynesville 18 Junction City 6
1925 Haynesville Won
1926 Haynesville 66 Junction City 0
1931 Haynesville 48 Junction City 6

BigLion10

THA TRUTH

Jc offense has to do a lot better than the last two weeks if not they will take another L this week

amehr36

I honestly don't know enough to make an informed decision. After watching us play twice, I am hoping we have improved a few things or it could be a long night, however.

mtindian42

Proud Buckaroo

QB play is definitely hurting you guys.

TorMan

Probably 34 miles by road, less than that as a crow flys!😊 haynesvilles history book has no mention of the 1923 game.

THA TRUTH

Honestly I'm a jc guy but I can't make an honest prediction and have jc winning

dragondad

Were it not for Tornado injuries, I'd say Tor's by a touchdown. With injuries in mind I'm going JC by one TD.

bleudog

Quote from: dragondad on September 14, 2015, 05:03:44 pm
Were it not for Tornado injuries, I'd say Tor's by a touchdown. With injuries in mind I'm going JC by one TD.

Our Tornado friend has 10 posts.  Seems like a reasonable enough individual, but how do we know he's (or she's) not from the Dr. Lou school of pregame assessment.  ;D

THA TRUTH

From what I've seen from both teams without injuries for haynesville honestly jc could get beat by 20 with injuries idk cause those kids hurt are big time players for  haynesville and freeman would be a huge help this week if he could get back

JC Guy

Quote from: THA TRUTH on September 14, 2015, 05:13:39 pm
From what I've seen from both teams without injuries for haynesville honestly jc could get beat by 20 with injuries idk cause those kids hurt are big time players for  haynesville and freeman would be a huge help this week if he could get back
Dont be surprised if you see 53 on the field Friday night.

TorMan

I'm a he, lol, but as far as pregame assessment I am just stating the facts as I know them. Wish I had more info, but I don't for now. When I find out who is available for Friday I will let yall know. I am not much on predicting games. Just wanna see a good clean hard fought game.

Mr. Trill

For the 1st time in a while JC is predicted to lose (Hootens.com)

THA TRUTH

Quote from: JC Guy on September 14, 2015, 07:20:22 pm
Quote from: THA TRUTH on September 14, 2015, 05:13:39 pm
Dont be surprised if you see 53 on the field Friday night.

That would be awesome

TorMan

Just got word that Keandre and Jalan will not be available for the game this Friday, K.Z. And Jarnel are still up in the air. I was Still hoping I got bad information and they could play. But looks like it is correct. So if u don't see #44 or #33 out there u know they are out. #24 and #2 are the ones that are still up in the air.

THA TRUTH

Both of them are gamers but 44 is the leader of that team it looked like to me

TorMan

He absolutely is the senior leader and captain. Also kicks off most of the time and puts it in the end zone most times. Jalan was also our punter...... :-\

bleudog

While it's a great series to start and hopefully will produce some memorable games, when all is said and done it's just an OOC game. No need for either team to have kids playing who are in a grey area injury-wise. Let'um heal and be ready for the disrict games.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas