• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Your Pick to win it all.

Started by the_whitester_21, November 09, 2014, 10:26:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you think has the better chance of winning it all?

Earle
7 (9.1%)
Junction City
46 (59.7%)
Conway Christian
1 (1.3%)
Gurdon
6 (7.8%)
Hector
1 (1.3%)
Hazen
10 (13%)
EPC
2 (2.6%)
Bearden
1 (1.3%)
Cross County
3 (3.9%)

Total Members Voted: 77

the_whitester_21

Just some of the top seeds? Think an underdog wins it all, comment.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

You should change it to who gets the runner-up trophy. Nobody is beating j.c., will be surprised if they don't mercy rule everyone.

If j.c. wants to make it fair, they could spot everyone 28 to begin the game.

bulldog2006

November 09, 2014, 10:49:49 pm #2 Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 01:49:43 pm by bulldog2006
Im so tired of all this jc propaganda talk. Earle is going to beat jc in the semi finals. We was the last team to beat them and we are going to be the next team to beat them.

WPWells

I miss Earle being in the 3A. If they were up there then they'd be saying they'll be the team to break the Charleston streak

Wilson

So a Des Arc fan is arrogantly talking up JC?. . that makes absolutely no sense. . if Pick was from JC.   sure.   i could see the arrogant word being used. . ..if Pac Man and Floyd Mayweather Jr were set to fight and Pac Man said.   Mayweather is the best there is.   i have no chance against him. . would you then say Pac Man was spewing arrogant Mayweather propaganda?

anyway. . I'm sticking with my preseason pick. . Sparkman takes it this year

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: bulldog2006 on November 09, 2014, 10:49:49 pm
Im so tired of all this jc arrogant talk. Earle is going to beat jc in the semi finals. We was the last team to beat them and we are going to beat the next team to beat them.

Lol, get real, they can spot you the 28 and still win by 3 scores. And im not a j.c. fan, but i know they are on another level.

How did that Hazen game go for y'all?  And do not come back with "that was the first game", cause it was Hazens first game too. Yall beat c.c. and now you think you are world beaters, you couldn't even win your own conference title outright.

bulldog2006

Lol.......guess i hit a nerve with that statement.........

footballfrenzy

Gurdon. Duh. That's a stupid question.

Wilson

Why would a fan from Des Arc. .espouse arrogance "FOR" another team.     doesn't work that way. .   go back and change it to propaganda instead of arrogance and you can get by. . otherwise it just makes no sense man. .

bulldog2006

Hold up wait.......des arc not even on the list to win it all. ........lol #nonfactor

bulldog2006

Ok my previous statement has been rephrased......are you happy now!!!!

Wilson

Hey I'm just try'n to help you playa. . . Propaganda does sound more on the elitist side. . .lol

mtindian42

who has a balanced attack? you got to keep a great defence honest...so teams need to start devising some sort of passing package into there plans... call it the jc plan...

Donnie Jamon

If they spot Earle 28 JC ain't coming back. Earle is legit and has just as much speed as jc does

big E

I don't think Earle or anyone else can score 3 times on them they may not give up 3 scores in the whole thing.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on November 10, 2014, 12:26:14 am
If they spot Earle 28 JC ain't coming back. Earle is legit and has just as much speed as jc does

Come on d.j., epc and hazen both beat Earle, Earle is not a legit contender to beat j.c., Earle doesn't have the athletes j.c. nor the football players. I mean they couldn't even win yalls conference outright.

big E

I seen Earle and they're a good team but not alot of depth after those I think 15 sr's I counted . That is what will kill you Junction will just keep throwing athletes at you.

bdubyab60

Someone will have to play a clean game against JC to beat them. Solid defense, limit their possessions, 0 turnovers while getting a couple of your own and limit your penalties.

Id like to see some team do that and give JC a game. Tall order but it can be done.

footballfrenzy

A balanced offense with success running the football is the recipe to beat JC. Gurdons QB through 10 games threw for 1300 yards. It's not world beater nunbers, but Gurdon does enough to keep teams guessing. I'd like to sound optimistic, but I think the runner up trophy is about as much as anyone can hope for this year.

cuz

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 10, 2014, 07:55:07 am
Someone will have to play a clean game against JC to beat them. Solid defense, limit their possessions, 0 turnovers while getting a couple of your own and limit your penalties.

Id like to see some team do that and give JC a game. Tall order but it can be done.
Clean plus JC plays a bad game. Penalties could figure in also, but it could happen....

Old Scrapper

I THINK I CAN, I THINK I CAN!!!!! NAW!! screw it just give me the 2nd place trophy is basically what the team that plays JC in WMS will be saying.

lionfan59

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 09, 2014, 10:39:47 pm
You should change it to who gets the runner-up trophy. Nobody is beating j.c., will be surprised if they don't mercy rule everyone.

Now you know with comments like that, you and them Hazen boys are never going to get along....

Rida4Life

not Earle or anyone else is playing JC within 3 scores in AA this year.  Write it down.

highschoolball

Junction City will win it all, again.. As annoying as it is to see them win like crazy and take control of the 2A I don't feel like there is anyone who can beat them. Maybe one day, in a perfect world they'll have a normal team...

dragondad

Man, everyone's done gave up before it's even started. Put your big boy pants on and let's play some ball! One thing I like about Gurdon and Earle posters, they don't concede defeat to anyone pre-game. 

Old Scrapper

Quote from: lionfan59 on November 10, 2014, 10:16:58 am
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 09, 2014, 10:39:47 pm

Now you know with comments like that, you and them Hazen boys are never going to get along....
true! I better take that back.

Dragon I

Quote from: highschoolball on November 10, 2014, 10:36:31 am
Junction City will win it all, again.. As annoying as it is to see them win like crazy and take control of the 2A I don't feel like there is anyone who can beat them. Maybe one day, in a perfect world they'll have a normal team...

Why is it annoying for you to say this?

playmaker04

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 10, 2014, 06:24:14 am
Quote from: Donnie Jamon on November 10, 2014, 12:26:14 am

Come on d.j., epc and hazen both beat Earle, Earle is not a legit contender to beat j.c., Earle doesn't have the athletes j.c. nor the football players. I mean they couldn't even win yalls conference outright.
whoa whoa whoa now. Earle has the athletes. A lot of those kids play on one of the most talented basketball teams in 2a. They may not have as many skill players,but I promise you they got just as many athletes as j.c.

Dragon I

How many kids is Earle dressing this year?

playmaker04

I seem to remember a Carlisle team several years ago that shut out like everybody they played and everybody was saying may be the best Arkansas 2a team in history. Barton beat them 8-0 in the title game.

THA TRUTH

The only thing stopping jc from winning state is the good lord calling us home

playmaker04

Quote from: Dragon I on November 10, 2014, 11:28:41 am
How many kids is Earle dressing this year?
I think around 28. Depth is their problem. That hurt them vs epc. A lot playing both ways. They have an absolute man-child playing qb. Freshman qb Gerry Bohannon has a chance to be a special player in the state of Arkansas before he's done. 6'4 220 and can pick em up and put em down. Scouts will be drooling over this kid. His dad by the same name was a star at now defunct Crawfordsville High back in the late 80's.

lionfan59

Quote from: dragondad on November 10, 2014, 10:41:33 am
Man, everyone's done gave up before it's even started. Put your big boy pants on and let's play some ball! One thing I like about Gurdon and Earle posters, they don't concede defeat to anyone pre-game.
well said sir, well said...but I aint one of them teams posters, so do can I be included LOL...

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Dragon I on November 10, 2014, 10:51:43 am
Quote from: highschoolball on November 10, 2014, 10:36:31 am

Why is it annoying for you to say this?
It's annoying ever year.

Dragon I

Couldn't y'all do something about it?

cuz

Whoa you left out HAZEN they been saying there the best all year......... ;D

ARKDAD50

We are here!!
Taking it one game at a time.
Anyone looking to the end this soon is lible to find themselves getting the basketballs out of the closet!!
Keep your heads situated and don't get caught up in all the smack talk!!

MarionBlueDevil

You gotta play the games. Earle may get a shot at Junction in the semifinals and they're gonna settle this thing on the field.

I believe that Junction should be the favorite because they've earned that status, but if the Dragons take Earle, Gurdon or Hazen lightly, then things could get interesting in a hurry.

BrianfromCarlisle

Quote from: playmaker04 on November 10, 2014, 11:33:29 am
I seem to remember a Carlisle team several years ago that shut out like everybody they played and everybody was saying may be the best Arkansas 2a team in history. Barton beat them 8-0 in the title game.

Lost 7-0 to Barton in '93.  Only gave up 13 pts. in the entire 14 game season.  6 pts in regular season, 14 in entire season.  Both state records.

That is quite possibly the best team EVER to not win the title. 

Pastureboy21

Junction City, injury free, will sweep through the playoffs. JS

WPWells

I had the final four before the season as:

Earle-JC
Bearden-Rison

Those could be two great games if they come to pass

THA TRUTH

It won't jc plays bearden 2nd round

Lionbro20

Just remember kids do make mistakes😆

Dragon I

Rison/Hazen will be a good one.  Rison might be too one dimensional to win.

WPWells

*facepalm* that's what I get for not looking at the bracket closely and assuming the AAA actually put out a bracket that made sense

Lionbro20

But Carpenter does coach his team through those mistakes better than any coach I have seen

THA TRUTH

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 10, 2014, 02:45:13 pm
*facepalm* that's what I get for not looking at the bracket closely and assuming the AAA actually put out a bracket that made sense

3a is the worst I've seen with charleston and booneville on the same side

brown2010

who cares just hope someone can beat them. they were suppose to b good in basketball and win it all but what happened there could happen here. if it does oh will there be some smack talking then.

THA TRUTH

It's good to see hope every once in awhile

playmaker04

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on November 10, 2014, 02:15:53 pm
Quote from: playmaker04 on November 10, 2014, 11:33:29 am

Lost 7-0 to Barton in '93.  Only gave up 13 pts. in the entire 14 game season.  6 pts in regular season, 14 in entire season.  Both state records.

That is quite possibly the best team EVER to not win the title.
yep that's the one

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas