• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

When will J.C. get put into 3A.

Started by highschoolball, October 25, 2014, 08:01:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

highschoolball

Will this ever happen? Just wondering if the competition will ever go back to normal for everyone.

WPWells

It's about enrollment

To answer your question: Junction City will be put in 3A when their enrollment constitutes the enrollment of a 3A school

Wilson

Yeah. . what he said. . .they have a 3A enrollment . . they will play in 3A. . . never heard a ground swell of people wanting Barton to be moved up when they went undefeated for like 5 or so years.

. .this whole everyone gets a trophy generation is killing me. .

RiverEagle079

In his defense Social media and fearless friday wasnt as much a factor back then or it would have been the same as it is now with JC

Old Scrapper

Then all the 3A dads can get on here a gripe about getting beat by JC!

dragondad

Quote from: Wilson on October 25, 2014, 08:27:41 pm
Yeah. . what he said. . .they have a 3A enrollment . . they will play in 3A. . . never heard a ground swell of people wanting Barton to be moved up when they went undefeated for like 5 or so years.

Same here, it's all about enrollment.

As for "will the competition go back to normal for everyone?"   I'm pretty sure everyone has the same shot at making finals and there's always two teams in that game as well.

Some of these posts about JC really do make me laugh....most just make me shake my head.

highschoolball

Quote from: dragondad on October 25, 2014, 08:39:35 pm

As for "will the competition go back to normal for everyone?"   I'm pretty sure everyone has the same shot at making finals and there's always two teams in that game as well.

Some of these posts about JC really do make me laugh....most just make me shake my head.
Kind of hard for Arkansas Tech to beat Alabama? Same concept here, Junction City equals A lot more athletes and big kids because of hidden enrollment. Everyone knows it, just wish they had the same competition at their level every week (Charleston, Shilo, Glen Rose etc.) Glad they can beat hampton by 70, what does that prove?

thabeast428

cuz

Quote from: highschoolball on October 25, 2014, 08:49:43 pm

Kind of hard for Arkansas Tech to beat Alabama? Same concept here,Junction City equals A lot more athletes and big kids because of hidden enrollment. Everyone knows it, just wish they had the same competition at their level every week (Charleston, Shilo, Glen Rose etc.) Glad they can beat hampton by 70, what does that prove?
Same story different newbie........

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Im not sure, but i was told that next cycle, the AAA will envoke a Louisiana student multiplier. It will take those kids and multiply them x4 since they are so superior to Arkansas kids. The bad thing about it, J.C. will still be in 2A because of the low number of Cajun kids. HA! 😱😱😱

Wilson

Here we go again. . that ol hidden enrollment trick. . .

players with 8 years of eligibility . . .paying coaches to give them players. .   

As the mid 90's UAPB Golden Lions. . the JC Dragons. . . and in his most stirring role to date. .Coach David Carpenter staring as Coach Archie "Gunslinger" Cooley!!!! ;) ;)

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Wilson on October 25, 2014, 09:08:28 pm

As the mid 90's UAPB Golden Lions. . the JC Dragons. . . and in his most stirring role to date. .Coach David Carpenter staring as Coach Archie "Gunslinger" Cooley!!!! ;) ;)

Wilson we all know that you guys are using El Dorado's JV, and apparently starters since they've fell off this year...Not to mention the redshirt freshmans from ULM, and La Tech!

dragondad

Quote from: highschoolball on October 25, 2014, 08:49:43 pm

Kind of hard for Arkansas Tech to beat Alabama? Same concept here, Junction City equals A lot more athletes and big kids because of hidden enrollment. Everyone knows it, just wish they had the same competition at their level every week (Charleston, Shilo, Glen Rose etc.) Glad they can beat hampton by 70, what does that prove?
There is NO hidden enrollment. ADE...that's the Arkansas Department of Education....has our enrollment numbers, both AR kids and LA kids. Even with our LA kids we are a mid range 2A enrollment level. Do us all a favor and do your research before you post the latest fence smack rumor.

And beating Hampton by 70 says they're in our conference and didn't win. Other than that, not much. I promise you, JC didn't and doesn't beat anyone by any amount just to prove something to anyone. JC's record speaks for itself.

As for your AR Tech / Alabama analogy....theres been more than one top-tier team lose to lower class school. AR played UAB today, can you tell me how many wins UAB has had against SEC opponents?   Allow me, 23. That's 23 times a Conference USA team has beat an SEC team. Not 23 times total for C-USA, 23 times by that one team.   Now tell me again how a lower class team can't be "competitive".

dragondad

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 25, 2014, 09:05:36 pm
Im not sure, but i was told that next cycle, the AAA will envoke a Louisiana student multiplier. It will take those kids and multiply them x4 since they are so superior to Arkansas kids. The bad thing about it, J.C. will still be in 2A because of the low number of Cajun kids. HA! 😱😱😱

WHAT??? No Cajuns??? I'm out!!!

cuz

Quote from: HF on October 25, 2014, 09:11:07 pm

Wilson we all know that you guys are using El Dorado's JV, and apparently starters since they've fell off this year...Not to mention the redshirt freshmans from ULM, and La Tech!
Well I guess it's out Wilson go ahead and fess up and give them you bus route and recruiting territories.............

HorseFeathers

Quote from: cuz on October 25, 2014, 09:21:14 pm
Quote from: HF on October 25, 2014, 09:11:07 pm

Well I guess it's out Wilson go ahead and fess up and give them you bus route and recruiting territories.............

I heard a rumor that he's hired two other drivers, and a pilot to expand his territory. Wilson I'll pm you my address now for the hush money I'll accept in return for denying this rumor lol

cuz

Quote from: dragondad on October 25, 2014, 09:17:13 pm

You know DD we aren't allowed anyone south of I-20.......... ;D

HorseFeathers

Quote from: cuz on October 25, 2014, 09:23:01 pm

That must be a new rule.....Of course the new Dallas bus route is north of I-20...errr I might have said to much, the J.C mafia will be after me now..

Wilson

Coach Berry won't allow the ULM redshirts play here. . West Monroe pays more. . i was able to get a sweet deal from Coach Holtz for Tech's redshirts due to my fathers friendship with Lou back in the day. . I just have to cook a catfish dinner for the coaching staff ;) . . the Shreveport/Bossier part of my route is still undisclosed to the general public and itchanges weekly

dragondad

Quote from: HF on October 25, 2014, 09:26:33 pm

That must be a new rule.....Of course the new Dallas bus route is north of I-20...errr I might have said to much, the J.C mafia will be after me now..

I predict a deer head on the pillow next to you real soon.

Yeah I know it's supposed to be a horse head, but we need our horses to get to town on Saturdays.

cuz

Quote from: Wilson on October 25, 2014, 09:28:23 pm
Coach Berry won't allow the ULM redshirts play here. . West Monroe pays more. . i was able to get a sweet deal from Coach Holtz for Tech's redshirts due to my fathers friendship with Lou back in the day. . I just have to cook a catfish dinner for the coaching staff ;) . . the Shreveport/Bossier part of my route is still undisclosed to the general public and itchanges weekly
When you get a pilot and a plane........??

HorseFeathers

Quote from: dragondad on October 25, 2014, 09:29:51 pm
Quote from: HF on October 25, 2014, 09:26:33 pm

I predict a deer head on the pillow next to you real soon.

Yeah I know it's supposed to be a horse head, but we need our horses to get to town on Saturdays.

I'm sure my wife would be more upset than me...My head is usually under the pillow when I wake up 8)

dragondad

I just wonder if some of these posters pep-talks would go like this;

"OK boys, we all know those 3 to 5 LA kids are better than our whole team, so just get out there and do what you can. No one will think less of us and them dirty recruiting no count Dragons will take all the smack tomorrow!"

Oh, and win one for the Lipper! Errrr...I mean Gipper!!

cuz

Quote from: dragondad on October 25, 2014, 09:36:16 pm

"OK boys, we all know those 3 to 5 LA kids are better than our whole team, so just get out there and do what you can. No one will think less of us and them dirty recruiting no count Dragons will take all the smack tomorrow!"

+1 ;D

WonderWartHawg

Quote from: highschoolball on October 25, 2014, 08:01:48 pm
Will this ever happen? Just wondering if the competition will ever go back to normal for everyone.

3A is tougher than 2A, not that a 2A team can't beat a 3A - but you don't have as many easy Friday nights.
Rison has been there, went from being the largest public 2A, to one of the smallest 3A for a couple of cycles.
Did fair there, but definitely tougher overall than 2A.

Wilson

I have mu own airport . . 2 miles as the boat drives. . or 7 by truck. . err. . buss. . .

cuz

Quote from: Wilson on October 25, 2014, 09:43:53 pm
I have mu own airport . . 2 miles as the boat drives. . or 7 by truck. . err. . buss. . .
Well it's all out now, DD get the deer head started up north, Wilson get the chicken and the voodoo witch and we'll just put a end to it all right now.............

dragondad

Quote from: cuz on October 25, 2014, 09:57:00 pm
Well it's all out now, DD get the deer head started up north, Wilson get the chicken and the voodoo witch and we'll just put a end to it all right now.............

I'm on it! It's a good one too, been in the gut pile for two, maybe three, nights.....ummm.....days!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: dragondad on October 25, 2014, 10:11:28 pm

I'm on it! It's a good one too, been in the gut pile for two, maybe three, nights.....ummm.....days!

Errr....I'm going into the witness protection program

Quote from: WonderWartHawg on October 25, 2014, 09:41:52 pm

3A is tougher than 2A, not that a 2A team can't beat a 3A - but you don't have as many easy Friday nights.
Rison has been there, went from being the largest public 2A, to one of the smallest 3A for a couple of cycles.

Actually Rison was more successful in 3A than they have been in their drop back to 2A....

Hey guys it's okay, the participation trophies and juice box and cookie boxes will be in the locker room for us after the game :D

dragondad

Quote from: HF on October 25, 2014, 10:47:21 pm
Quote from: dragondad on October 25, 2014, 10:11:28 pm

Errr....I'm going into the witness protection program

Quote from: WonderWartHawg on October 25, 2014, 09:41:52 pm

Actually Rison was more successful in 3A than they have been in their drop back to 2A....

Hey guys it's okay, the participation trophies and juice box and cookie boxes will be in the locker room for us after the game :D

Under the new "Dang I Miss Pee-Wee" rule, once a team is ahead by three touchdowns, the opposing team can elect to stop keeping score. Regardless of all else, all players will receive the aforementioned cookies and juice boxes. Participation trophies and individual ribbons will be distributed at mid-field following the game.

RiverEagle079

we are older now i think we deserve at least craigs bbq sammich with tea

dragondad

Quote from: RiverEagle079 on October 25, 2014, 11:08:20 pm
we are older now i think we deserve at least craigs bbq sammich with tea

You know JC can't afford that, what with our salary cap and all. Wilson's plane and bus are running on casing-head already, and we don't have any more home games before playoffs to siphon gas from the visiting fans!

green-eagle

JC can be placed in 3A if asked...... PA is a 4a school by enrollment. They ask the AAA to move up to 5A. The AAA made the move, where Monticello drops to 4A and PA moves to 5A, there there is no 5A school in the southeast Arkansas. If this moves was not made then, many 5A schools in Little Rock would have to travel to Monticello.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: green-eagle on October 25, 2014, 11:17:52 pm
JC can be placed in 3A if asked...... PA is a 4a school by enrollment. They ask the AAA to move up to 5A. The AAA made the move, where Monticello drops to 4A and PA moves to 5A, there there is no 5A school in the southeast Arkansas. If this moves was not made then, many 5A schools in Little Rock would have to travel to Monticello.

Ummm...No, Private schools move up 1 class above their enrollment level dictates...Unless you mean they are 3A by enrollment, which would put them in 4A, and they petition to play up based on travel issues. Cotter in Northern Arkansas did that this year I think.

dragondad

But then we'd have to give our LA players a raise and Wilson would have to extend his route even further. Again, we can't afford it.

Besides, who would all of the haters go after next? We'll just stay for now and take the heat for the next in line.

Bearden and Rison thanked us already.

BigBrother

Really tired of hearing how JC has more students. Makes one understand why Arkansas is number 50 in most education stats. Tons of district attorneys that cant read. JC for the 10,000 time counts all students . What they have is a true coaching staff that works and.a ton of talent.

Wilson

If JC moves up i will drop the buss route and go by plane only. . got connections in DFW and could get roughly 9 players a week from Allen, Euless Trinity and Cedar Park. . that's only in case of the move though. . got that hammered out with the AAA early last spring as a backup plan

mtindian42

let them stay...cause what goes around. comes around...let it be what it is...it must come to pass...barton tormented the state as well...and today there just average joes...all things must run there core...all dynasty's die at some point just look at history...they come and they go...

x14113

Sorry, folks, but going by the numbers, Hackett has a much better chance of going 3A than JC.

It'll be via outside help, granted, but still.

dragondad

No one seems to remember pre-1998 when we were horrible. Guess what, we had more LA kids then, than now.

What changed? I know, but I'd like someone that's not from JC to answer this question.

CathywithaC

Quote from: dragondad on October 26, 2014, 07:35:19 am
No one seems to remember pre-1998 when we were horrible. Guess what, we had more LA kids then, than now.

What changed? I know, but I'd like someone that's not from JC to answer this question.
I'm from PC and I'll answer it---Coach Carpenter and lots of hard work.

dragondad

Quote from: CathywithaC on October 26, 2014, 10:08:32 am

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!!

cuz

wiseguy

Cry-Babies about JC's success? Get off the milk and on to the meat! If you SISSYS want to compete with JC then put in the work that they do! Good grief, never heard so much BAWLING and SQUALING  :'( :'( :'( Cut the cord and GROW UP!!!! I'm from Hector and JC smoked us last year in the play-offs... Did they cheat? No they just whipped us.. You take your lumps, go home and WORK harder to get better!! You that complain on here are the ones who had everything handed to you on a silver platter :-\  If you want the fruit put out the LABOR ;)  I'm done..

Old Scrapper

cuz

Quote from: wiseguy on October 26, 2014, 01:27:53 pm
Cry-Babies about JC's success? Get off the milk and on to the meat! If you SISSYS want to compete with JC then put in the work that they do! Good grief, never heard so much BAWLING and SQUALING  :'( :'( :'( Cut the cord and GROW UP!!!! I'm from Hector and JC smoked us last year in the play-offs... Did they cheat? No they just whipped us.. You take your lumps, go home and WORK harder to get better!! You that complain on here are the ones who had everything handed to you on a silver platter :-\  If you want the fruit put out the LABOR ;)  I'm done..
wiseguy that's a wise post......🏥1...

CathywithaC

Quote from: dragondad on October 26, 2014, 12:42:30 pm

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!!
I like the fried livers at Chick-A-Dilly!!

natedogg713

Junction City is a great team, and right now they are dominating the 2a. Ok, so what? In 10 years it could be a team like Marvel or Hampton. Talent comes and Talent goes, but with good coaching it helps. Look what coach Cox did at Bearden and Carpenter at JC.

bleudog

October 26, 2014, 04:15:03 pm #48 Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 07:44:22 pm by bleudog

I normally wouldn't post this, but I'm being blackmailed by HF. >:(   ;)

Wilson doesn't know it yet, but rumor is he's going to be reassigned to the I-10 territory.   Here's next year's "need to get" list:

Timmy "T-boy" Thibodeaux:  6' 1"  185.  Jax Brewery Middle School.  WR.  Set his school record for most pass receptions for TDs while wearing an ankle bracelet.  Catches everything that come close to him and the only people who have had any luck catching him were the Metairie PD.

Richard Richard
:  6' 4''  215.  Breaux Bridge Jr High. WR/DB.  Once caught 12 touchdown passes in one game, 6 from his QB and 6 pick sixes.  A record for the Beaux Bridge Crawfish that many feel will never be broken.

Melvin Melancon
:  5' 6"  345.  Dixie Beer Academy.  C.  There are dead people who can out run Melvin, but the boy knows how to use leverage and has a great mind for the game.  Once plopped down on the end of the bench during the jr high league championship game and catapulted a 125 lb, 7th grader on the other end of the bench into the third row of the stands. The 7th grader failed the concussion protocol and was was not allowed to return to the game.  (The 7th grader was cutting time with Melvin's girlfriend) 

Petey Prejean
:  5' 11"  190.  Our Lady of the Bayou Catholic Prep.  RB.  Was laser timed running a 4.25 forty at the Tabasco Combine.  Of course at the Tabasco Combine they are rumored to have gators behind the starting lines.

Gilbert Guillot:   6' 4"  205.  Sister Mary Football Academy.  QB.  Ended every one of his 8th grade games with a completed Hail Mary pass to cap an undefeated season.   (God knows you can't pass up that kind of divine intervention.) 

Herbert "the bear" Hebert
:  6' 5"  305.  Tony Chachere Junior High.  NT.  In the league championship game, "the bear" was named MVP.  He had three consecutive sacks and a blocked punt leading to a safety.  That resulted in a 2-0 win and first league title for the Chachere Condiments.

Bennie Benoit, IV:  5' 5"  135.  French Quarter Culinary Prep.  K.  Boy can't kick worth a lick but this one is at the band boosters' request.  Apparently Bennie gets the award winning secret family boudin recipe when he turns 16 and the folks in the Dragon concession stand say if JC doesn't get this kid they're going to start cooking frozen Walmart tofu burgers. 

HorseFeathers

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas