• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dixon

Started by rattlerfan24, October 01, 2011, 11:27:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bleudog

bleudog

KD named to Louisiana Sports Writers Association (LSWA) First Team All-Louisiana football team.

http://www.latechsports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/122514aaa.html

bleudog

December 26, 2014, 12:23:33 pm #402 Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 12:30:33 pm by bleudog
With a 28 yard run on his second carry in the Heart of Dallas Bowl, KD becomes the career rushing leader at Tech.

bleudog

TD for KD

80 yard pass play

Ill.   3
Tech. 14

3:28 left in the first

Game is on ESPN

cuz

Quote from: bleudog on December 26, 2014, 12:39:36 pm
TD for KD

80 yard pass play

Ill.   3
Tech. 14

3:28 left in the first

Game is on ESPN
Boy Dixon looked good, Daughter and family sitting on the 50. Dixon making the 8-2A looking good.....

bleudog

TD for KD

Ill      18
Tech  28

6:15 left in the 4th.

bleudog

December 26, 2014, 03:58:26 pm #406 Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 07:06:12 pm by bleudog
Tech gets the win 35-18.

KD got a chance to channel his old 2A linebacker skills.

Tech is up by three with 9:53 left in the game.  Tech has the ball on its own 45 with a third and 13.  Illinois sacks Sokol on Tech's 35 and Sokol fumbles. 

Illinois player scoops the ball and is heading toward the Tech goal.  KD strips the ball from the Illinois player on the Tech 16 and Sokol recovers the Illinois fumble. 

Tech gets the ball back with first and ten on their own 16 and begins the drive that culminates in KD's second TD and the 10 point lead with 6:15 left in the game.

Won't show up prominently in the stats, but that hustle and forced fumble was huge.

ESPN highlight video:  http://t.co/hqo49vdEaw

bleudog

LA Tech Football ‏@LATechFB 3 hours ago

Kenneth Dixon gets game ball pic.twitter.com/gSojop8I5N

LA Tech Football ‏@LATechFB
2 hours ago

RB Kenneth Dixon announces that he will return to @LATechFB for his senior season. #WeAreLATech

Wilson

KD is such a good player. . glad he's coming back for his Sr year. .if Dancy sticks with his verbal to Tech. . i can't think of a better mentor for him than KD

dragondad

I agree, however I was somewhat hoping he'd go to the draft and Qwis would have a stellar freshman season. I don't see them red-shirting Qwis.

cuz

Quote from: dragondad on December 27, 2014, 12:31:15 am
I agree, however I was somewhat hoping he'd go to the draft and Qwis would have a stellar freshman season. I don't see them red-shirting Qwis.
I wouldn't be suprised to see Dancy redshirt, LT is deep in good backs. Hope KD's health stays good next year. He is a great example of what a player should be and would be a good mentor for Jaqwis....

bleudog

December 27, 2014, 10:41:28 am #411 Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 10:56:44 am by bleudog
POST-GAME NOTES

• LA Tech captains were Kenneth Dixon, Hunter Lee, Houston Bates and Mitch Villemez.

• Kenneth Dixon is now in sole possession of first place in LA Tech history with 53 career rushing touchdowns after a 2-yard rushing score with 6:15 remaining in the fourth quarter, which put LA Tech up 28-18 over Illinois. Dixon has rushed for at least one touchdown in 13 straight games, which is the longest active streak in the FBS.

• Kenneth Dixon broke the Louisiana Tech record for career rushing yards (3,410 career rushing yards) with a 28-yard rush with over 8:00 remaining in the first quarter in the Zaxby's Heart of Dallas Bowl. He surpassed Daniel Porter's school record mark of 3,352 career rushing yards.

• Cody Sokol connected with Kenneth Dixon for an 80-yard touchdown reception with 3:28 left in the first quarter to put the Bulldogs up 14-3 over Illinois. It was Dixon's second touchdown catch of the season that went for 80 yards or more. The drive (1 play, 80 yards, 0:12 used) is the shortest scoring drive in Heart of Dallas Bowl history. It was also the longest single-play in LA Tech's bowl history.

• The 80-yard Sokol to Dixon TD pass ties for the fifth-longest college pass play in Cotton Bowl Stadium history. It was the first since Ramon Flanigan to Albert Johnson, SMU vs. New Mexico, 1996 - RS (covering 18 years).

• With an 80-yard touchdown catch in the first quarter, Dixon has now scored in all 14 games LA Tech has played this season. He also became the first player in C-USA football history to score at least one touchdown in 14 games in one season. 

• Dixon is tied for first all-time on LA Tech's career scoring list as the junior running back has scored 366 career points. He surpassed Matt Nelson for sole possession of first place with two touchdowns, one receiving and one rushing, against Illinois.

• With his 80-yard touchdown reception and a two-yard rushing touchdown late in the fourth quarter, Kenneth Dixon now has the second-most touchdowns (28) in a season in Conference USA history.

http://www.latechsports.com/sports/m-footbl/recaps/122614aaa.html

Coach Mac D

Quote from: bleudog on December 27, 2014, 10:41:28 am
POST-GAME NOTES
• With an 80-yard touchdown catch in the first quarter, Dixon has now scored in all 14 games LA Tech has played this season. He also became the first player in C-USA football history to score at least one touchdown in 14 games in one season. 

Very Nice! I really like the above. You could count on him each week. As a true Junior he has obviously put in for NFL draft status. I wish i knew where he is projected. lord willing he could make some amazing marks next year as a senior.

bleudog

December 27, 2014, 11:47:18 am #413 Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 05:44:25 pm by bleudog
HOD game ball presentation:   

bleudog

Shreveport Times article on "the strip":

CLICK HERE

Wilson

If KD sticks around and doesn't declare for the draft it looks like he's going to have another 5th year sr transfer QB running the show. . this one comes with a tad more street cred than Soakle did. .

thabeast428

Wilson

I know he said he's staying . . but like the guys on the La Tech radio show said tonight .  until that deadline passes for him to declare. .anything can happen . . i would think having a QB like Jeff Driscoll transferring in would enhance his decision to stay. . anyway . .the post was more about the former #1 prep QB in the country and a guy who has had to play against SEC defenses week in and week out transferring to Ruston than it was about KD. . i really hope he stays. . i think adding this QB will make his ultimate decision easier

bleudog

January 06, 2015, 09:09:42 pm #418 Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 10:15:08 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Wilson on January 06, 2015, 08:31:13 pm
I know he said he's staying . . but like the guys on the La Tech radio show said tonight .  until that deadline passes for him to declare. .anything can happen . . i would think having a QB like Jeff Driscoll transferring in would enhance his decision to stay. . anyway . .the post was more about the former #1 prep QB in the country and a guy who has had to play against SEC defenses week in and week out transferring to Ruston than it was about KD. . i really hope he stays. . i think adding this QB will make his ultimate decision easier

Anybody out there familiar with the draft recommendation grading process?  I understand a group of NFL personnel evaluate a possible early declaration kid and produce a recommendation of potential first round draftee, potential second round draftee or not recommended to declare early.  Is this pretty much right?

W, I'm pleased with the Driskel pickup.  A five star out of high school who Urban Meyer thought would work in his scheme sounds like a guy who should be fun to watch in Ruston.  With three years of experience throwing against SEC defenses, he definitely sounds like a QB who could take the load off of KD if KD stays a Bulldog.

W, did you see where Tech lost Diaz to Miss State?  Hope there are enough defensive staff who stay to keep what he started in place.

Wilson

Yeah i heard Diaz left.  .i figured he was gone one way or the other and he would be a one year rental at Tech.   when i heard the MSU D coordinator left for Florida i figured Diaz would be their #1 target and he would go back home to MSU

I think the Driscoll kid will make Tech a legit contender for the CUSA title again. .of course all that hinges on the new D coordinator hire. . he was signed to run the mid line spread/option by Myer . . of course Myer left and the totally offense inept Muschamp takes over and puts him under center. .not only that. .but he goes through 3 different offensive coordinators while there with 3 different offensive philosophies . . word is Tech will move to the midline/shotgun/spread to take advantage of what he does best. . that will also benefit KD cause it will create more space. . the best part of all this is Driscoll will enroll for the spring QT and go through spring practices with the team. . so he will be further ahead than most 5th year transfers due to Tech being on the quarter system . . he wouldn't be allowed to enroll at Tech until the day after the spring semester if Tech was on the semester system

Wilson

As far as a KD NFL evaluation/grade i would Google KD and add nfl evaluation along with Todd Mcshay.   he does those for JR's. . i know that he's done several for LSU juniors this year including the DE hunter and its a big topic on LSU message boards cause he said Hunter isn't ready yet and should stay for his Sr season

bleudog

Quote from: Wilson on January 06, 2015, 10:02:17 pm
Yeah i heard Diaz left.  .i figured he was gone one way or the other and he would be a one year rental at Tech.   when i heard the MSU D coordinator left for Florida i figured Diaz would be their #1 target and he would go back home to MSU

I think the Driscoll kid will make Tech a legit contender for the CUSA title again. .of course all that hinges on the new D coordinator hire. . he was signed to run the mid line spread/option by Myer . . of course Myer left and the totally offense inept Muschamp takes over and puts him under center. .not only that. .but he goes through 3 different offensive coordinators while there with 3 different offensive philosophies . . word is Tech will move to the midline/shotgun/spread to take advantage of what he does best. . that will also benefit KD cause it will create more space. . the best part of all this is Driscoll will enroll for the spring QT and go through spring practices with the team. . so he will be further ahead than most 5th year transfers due to Tech being on the quarter system . . he wouldn't be allowed to enroll at Tech until the day after the spring semester if Tech was on the semester system

Yep, one benefit of having a winter quarter.  ;D

http://www.thetowntalk.com/story/sports/college/louisiana-tech/2015/01/06/sokol-expects-driskel-go-bang-tech/21346813/

Wilson

No doubt. . .gonna be an interesting year in Ruston

Lions84

It is a stinking shame that ASU , UCA or the Hogs did not get Dixon.

bleudog

"Players have until Jan. 15 to file declaration papers with the league, and the official list of early entrants will be released on Jan. 19."

CLICK HERE

beach bum

Quote from: Lions84 on January 09, 2015, 02:37:36 pm
It is a stinking shame that ASU , UCA or the Hogs did not get Dixon.

Petrino was too busy have 17 WRs on scholarship to recruit Dixon. That was his style.

bleudog

Quote from: Wilson on January 06, 2015, 10:07:33 pm
As far as a KD NFL evaluation/grade i would Google KD and add nfl evaluation along with Todd Mcshay.   he does those for JR's. . i know that he's done several for LSU juniors this year including the DE hunter and its a big topic on LSU message boards cause he said Hunter isn't ready yet and should stay for his Sr season

Here's the official early declaration list:  CLICK HERE.  KD's not on the list.  Go Dawgs!

Lions84

I glad to hear Dixon is coming back !

bleudog

February 09, 2015, 10:00:15 pm #428 Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 10:02:00 pm by bleudog
What wears a LA Tech logo and is faster than KD?

CLICK HERE

;D

bleudog

Lions84

Love that kid he something special!

bleudog

Congratulations to KD for receiving the Male Play of the Year award at the TECHSPYs for his 99yd TD run at UL-Lafayette.   

Lions84

Congrats to him.  I hope to see Dixon with a Dallas Cowboy Star on his helmet come 2017.

bleudog

bleudog

June 13, 2015, 03:27:17 pm #434 Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 08:26:32 pm by bleudog
Bottom left on season tickets:

Front row third from the right on schedule poster:

dragondad

Got the season tickets, ready to see some Dixon and Dancy..... D-N-D!!

bleudog

Wilson

You have a PM bleu

bleudog

Dragon I

THA TRUTH

Bleu always comes through

bleudog

Just saw a Tech post indicating if KD can total 1,590 rushing yards this year, he will have a career total of 5,000.  He would become only the 18th running back in NCAA history with 5,000 career rushing yards

Proud Buckaroo

Are they going to play Dancy any this year?

mtindian42

Not bad for a kid from small town arkansas...

Wilson

Odds are Dancy redshirts. . they are so deep at RB that it would be stupid to throw away a year of eligibility for only a handful of touches. . this from J Ford who does the Bleed Tech Blue website and radio show. . .unless Dancy wows them in camp catching the ball out of the backfield which would open up more 2 back sets. . but as of now the word is he's gonna redshirt

dragondad

That's been my prediction as well. Can't say that I'm disappointed really, I'd rather see him sit and be the star back in years to come. Let KD finish strong and get his 1,500. Either way, we'll be there for what's sure to be a great season.

Wilson

From everything Ford says Dancy was their biggest get from the 15 recruiting class. . they see him taking over next year. . but wuth Dixon being the workhorse and Craft out of Haughton as a capeable backup . .they don't want to waste him. . although the plan was to redshirt Dixon in 12 also. . .Dixon didn't have the depth in front of him Dancy does this year though

bleudog

Part of an article about KD being on the Senior Bowl watch list:

"Dixon – listed on the Maxwell Award Watch List, Doak Walker Award Watch List and on the Preseason All-Conference USA First Team – enters the 2015 season as the program's all-time leader in rushing yards (3,410), rushing touchdowns scored (53), touchdowns scored (61), and points scored (366). He was the only FBS player last season to record a rushing touchdown and receiving touchdown of 80-plus yards and his 99-yard touchdown run at Louisiana-Lafayette last year marked the longest play from scrimmage in Louisiana Tech, Conference USA and Cajun Field history.

The nation's leading active rusher (3,410 yards) was third in the nation in touchdowns scored (28) and points scored (168) in 2014 while ranking fourth in the nation in points per game (12.0). He enters his senior year 25 rushing touchdowns away from setting a new NCAA record for career rushing touchdowns scored (current record: 77 by Wisconsin's Montee Ball) and 23 overall touchdowns away from setting a new NCAA record for total touchdowns scored (current record: 83 by Wisconsin's Montee Ball)."

GusBrown

I know Jeff Driskel had some issues at Florida, but the slower play in the C-USA should slow the game down for him. Dixon and Driskel should be a great tandem for La Tech.

bleudog

August 20, 2015, 12:19:45 pm #449 Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 12:21:46 pm by bleudog
Driskel is listed at 6' 4" - 234 and is suppose to have mobility.  He was an imposing figure in the backfield at the spring game. Defenses having to account for Driskel should provide KD some opportunities this season.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas