• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Road to The Rock Starts Today!

Started by Superjack45, July 07, 2014, 08:42:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

phdefense

Quote from: AirWarren on July 08, 2014, 12:49:10 pm
Quote from: phdefense on July 08, 2014, 12:47:06 pm
Quote from: AirWarren on July 08, 2014, 12:35:04 pm
Line will have depth. I worry about the secondary.

Jr high wise, the next solid crop IMO will be this years 8th graders and the 9th graders.
I would not worry too much about the secondary. I do not see any real scary passing teams this year, so a serviceable secondary should do. There shouldn't be a need for shutdown corners like Dumas has.

Ha. Well line play and QB play is my concern.
To be honest I think everyone including me has been a little too hard on Gorman. He did pretty good in 2012 all things considered and unless he has regressed he should do just fine.

cuckoobird

July 08, 2014, 01:06:42 pm #51 Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 01:08:13 pm by cuckoobird
Quote from: phdefense on July 08, 2014, 12:53:15 pm

Jr high wise, the next solid crop IMO will be this years 8th graders and the 9th graders.
I would not worry too much about the secondary. I do not see any real scary passing teams this year, so a serviceable secondary should do. There shouldn't be a need for shutdown corners like Dumas has.

To be honest I think everyone including me has been a little too hard on Gorman. He did pretty good in 2012 all things considered and unless he has regressed he should do just fine.
You sure it will be Gorman? Superfly doesn't think so

http://www.fearlessfriday.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=135910.0

AirWarren

Quote from: phdefense on July 08, 2014, 12:53:15 pm

We have three realistic options. I would give Gorman a shot though.

LJ06

Those suckers must have been in jail or something last year. Maybe they will finally be freed and show up this go around.

Romeo

Warren will be back in Little Rock this December.

LJ06

The 2014 'Jacks are stacked at RB and WR. The offensive line will be solid, along with the defensive line. Linebackers should be good. Secondary should be great although depth is a major concern there considering your playing your best WRs at corner and safety. Obviously at this point QB is the greatest concern. Warrens glaring weakness is depth. Unlike last year there will be several guys going both ways unless there are some who step up. This could very easily cost Warren at some point.

Jacketman65

I've seen a lot of other teams use players both ways over the years and get away with it - they must be in top shape.  The main thing is to avoid that injury bug, if it bites it will generally hurt.

OLDSCHOOL82

Booneville has always used many players both ways.  We've never had the luxury have having 22 athletes to split up and go one way. 

cuckoobird

Our last great team had 9 guys going both ways.

OLDSCHOOL82

Hey cuckoo.  I know this is old news and has been way over used but i was looking through the hootens magazine and noticed something.  50% of Mariannas wins in the last three years have been against stuttgart!

cuckoobird

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on July 09, 2014, 09:10:56 am
Hey cuckoo.  I know this is old news and has been way over used but i was looking through the hootens magazine and noticed something.  50% of Mariannas wins in the last three years have been against stuttgart!
probably, you know, they were really good until the last 5 years and of course we were their first win in two years. lol

Superjack45

Conditioning,Conditioning,Conditioning,this summer to get in shape to play both ways.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Superjack45 on July 09, 2014, 10:23:58 am
Conditioning,Conditioning,Conditioning,this summer to get in shape to play both ways.
Our boys thought they used to run a lot under Elmore but Coach Perin is taking them to another level. Many changes here in Stuttgart

beach bum

On my run yesterday I saw Dardanelle conditioning..... They are picked to be a contender in the 4-4A but they looked pretty small across the board. Now I have a terrible sunburn from starting my 8 mile run at 2 p.m.

AirWarren

Quote from: LJ06 on July 09, 2014, 06:27:36 am
The 2014 'Jacks are stacked at RB and WR. The offensive line will be solid, along with the defensive line. Linebackers should be good. Secondary should be great although depth is a major concern there considering your playing your best WRs at corner and safety. Obviously at this point QB is the greatest concern. Warrens glaring weakness is depth. Unlike last year there will be several guys going both ways unless there are some who step up. This could very easily cost Warren at some point.

Well said.

AirWarren

Hopefully they are getting with that.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: cuckoobird on July 09, 2014, 10:36:04 am
Our boys thought they used to run a lot under Elmore but Coach Perin is taking them to another level. Many changes here in Stuttgart

Elmore's teams used to wear out opponents in the 2nd half, and that was with guys playing both ways. So if Coach Perrin is ramping up the conditioning that sounds good to me. Of course I know he has a different offensive style...interested to see it develop this year.

phdefense

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on July 09, 2014, 12:47:22 pm

Elmore's teams used to wear out opponents in the 2nd half, and that was with guys playing both ways. So if Coach Perrin is ramping up the conditioning that sounds good to me. Of course I know he has a different offensive style...interested to see it develop this year.
Hoping the birds will be able to fly this year.

cuckoobird

Quote from: phdefense on July 09, 2014, 01:14:28 pm

I think they will be airing it out with a little spread option

hawgfan15

Quote from: cuckoobird on July 09, 2014, 01:17:01 pm
Quote from: phdefense on July 09, 2014, 01:14:28 pm

I think they will be airing it out with a little spread option

The development of Brasfield is key. We all know he can run but if he can become a passing threat that will really open up Perrin's offense.

cuckoobird

July 09, 2014, 02:43:50 pm #70 Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 02:46:44 pm by cuckoobird
He made a lot of mistakes last year but I'm hoping it was inexperience that did it. He will also have a little better competition this year that should push him to be better.

hawgfan15

I thought Perrin got the most out of his QB's while at MS

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: hawgfan15 on July 09, 2014, 03:23:12 pm
how did he deal with the problem dads at ms?

cuckoobird

Quote from: Oldman on July 09, 2014, 03:38:32 pm
Quote from: hawgfan15 on July 09, 2014, 03:23:12 pm
how did he deal with the problem dads at ms?
HAHA we've already met and become friends. I have him right where I want em! lmbo

Superjack45

How many players are on the Ricebirds team. Any players going both ways.

cuckoobird

July 10, 2014, 06:55:15 am #75 Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 09:06:16 am by cuckoobird
Quote from: Superjack45 on July 09, 2014, 05:28:38 pm
How many players are on the Ricebirds team. Any players going both ways.
numbers are always down during summer workouts and yes, several will go both ways, maybe even the qb. However Coach Perrin has gotten a few to play who haven't since junior high so numbers are on the rise.

Lacerta agilis

July 10, 2014, 11:04:49 am #76 Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 11:09:45 am by Lacerta agilis
Quote from: beach bum on July 09, 2014, 10:45:17 am
On my run yesterday I saw Dardanelle conditioning..... They are picked to be a contender in the 4-4A but they looked pretty small across the board. Now I have a terrible sunburn from starting my 8 mile run at 2 p.m.

Hopefully some of those 7th and 8th graders will get bigger before they get into high school.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas