• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Take 2014: 7-4A

Started by whippersnapper, June 25, 2014, 09:26:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

whippersnapper

1:5 (#5 Fearless poll) Nashville: Last year was exactly what the Scrappers needed I think. Even in 2011 they made the quarterfinals.  This year is different though. I am saying it right now, the Scrappers are back. I don't think they will win conference, I am calling an "upset" week 9 with Malvern winning at The Hill. They finish 9-1 and make a run to the semifinals. Finish the year 12-2.
2:2 (#4 Fearless poll) Malvern: One of the best offenses returns in Malvern this year but an inexperienced  defense could lead to some shootouts early. I think the leopards win conference finishin 9-1 and finish the year 11-2.
3:15 (Received Votes) Arkadelphia: After giving up 14 points a game last year look for almost the same production this year from a hard nose badger defense.  The key for them will be an offense that lost 2 all state backs and 3 linemen. The badgers finish 6-5.
4:17 (Received Votes) Ashdown: The more I think about the Panthers the more I like them. Return a 1000 yard tailback have an athletic qb and good size on the line. Also play Arkadelphia,  Nashville and Ft Lake at home. Panthers go 8-4 2nd round.
5:28 Fountain Lake: The cobras are making the jump to 4a after being a consistent top 5 team in 3a. But even though they bring back an experienced backfield I feel like the lack of inexperience and size on the offensive and defensive lines will hurt them. Cobras go 3-7
6:21 Mena: After finally getting accustomed to the ground and pound 4-4a the cats move back south. They bring 15 starters with them though, along with an experienced offensive line and talented backfield. I think the Bearcats shock the conference and get 4th place this year. Then get a playoff win to finish 7-5. But don't be surprised if this team does better. Mena's best years(94,96, 00, 10)  they have had a good run game and solid defense.
7:41 Bauxite: Well you can beat Waldron for at least 1 year. 1-9
8:47 Waldron: I think Coach Mann is an excellent hire for the bulldogs and I believe he can turn them into an average program. But not this year. 1-9 Beat Mansfield.

lightsoutlefty

I see Arkadelphia a little better than 6-5. I think you will see more offense than you think from the badgers. As for the rest, I think you pretty accurate. Only time will tell

polksalet

Only regular season game nashville loses is hope. After that I bet they make semis at worst. Only team I see beating them in the Bradley county whiners.

hawgfan15

Quote from: polksalet on June 26, 2014, 10:58:37 am
Only regular season game nashville loses is hope. After that I bet they make semis at worst. Only team I see beating them in the Bradley county whiners.

I am more worried about Hope also. With it being the first game, on the road, and against a top 5A team it will be a tough one. Not having the big conference games back to back is a big plus. I am looking forward to a fun year!

hawgfan15

Quote from: lightsoutlefty on June 25, 2014, 10:36:27 pm
I see Arkadelphia a little better than 6-5. I think you will see more offense than you think from the badgers. As for the rest, I think you pretty accurate. Only time will tell

Yeah I will be surprised if Arkadelphia doesn't win at least 7 games. They looked better than I expected at the OBU camp. Blake will be a solid QB and there are a few very good skill players back in Kosters and Burnham. The offensive line is my only concern, reminds me of Nashville's last year and that is not a good thing...

quicksand

ill go with

1 Malvern
2 Nashville
3 Arkadelphia
4 Ashdown
5 Fountain Lake
6 Bauxite
7 Mena
8 Waldron

Scooter2121

Malvern
Arkadelpia
Ashdown
Nashville
Mena
FL
Bauxite
Waldron

cuckoobird

Malvern
Ashdown
Arkie
Mena
Bauxite
Fl
Waldron
Nashville

transplant

^^Clearly won the troll award with quantity not quality.

hawgfan15

Quote from: transplant on July 07, 2014, 03:06:28 am
^^Clearly won the troll award with quantity not quality.

It is pretty sad too

AirWarren

Bigredhog1971

Malvern
Ashdown
Nashville
Arkadelpia
Mena
Ft Lake
Bauxite
Waldron

CounterPunch

Malvern is my favorite for this conference but you can't ever count out Nashville

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas