• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hootens

Started by by-stander, June 09, 2014, 02:32:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Quote from: pgfan2016 on June 13, 2014, 08:35:18 pm
Quote from: HF on June 13, 2014, 07:13:19 pm
Quote from: pgfan2016 on June 13, 2014, 06:07:54 pm
Hooten tends to hear about a kid and never see him play a single down his whole career and will publish article after article about him.  Not my favorite for sure.

With the price of TP at an all time high it might not be a bad idea!

Got any Links to these articles of players they've never seen? I've seen them at Little ole Hector in the past couple of years, surely they can fork out the extra 20 bucks for gas to make the trip up to Prairie Grove, or Nettleton...Or whereever the player your upset about is/was from.

Did I push your button??????  I wasn't necessarily speaking of any of the towns you listed.  Hootens IMO tend to pick out a couple players from a conference early in the year and never stop talking about them, no matter how they play.  Sometimes never going back and even checking any kind of stats.  Even reporting a player did something who didn't even play due to injury.  For the revenue they produce they should spend their own 20 bucks and go watch a few more games instead of guessing players, stats, and results.   Just my opinion. you don't have to make it so personal.

You didn't push my buttons by any means but I am kind of curious who these players are you are referring to.

phdefense

Quote from: AirWarren on June 13, 2014, 09:16:31 pm
Hooten tends to hear about a kid and never see him play a single down his whole career and will publish article after article about him.  Not my favorite for sure.

Got any Links to these articles of players they've never seen? I've seen them at Little ole Hector in the past couple of years, surely they can fork out the extra 20 bucks for gas to make the trip up to Prairie Grove, or Nettleton...Or whereever the player your upset about is/was from.

Did I push your button??????  I wasn't necessarily speaking of any of the towns you listed.  Hootens IMO tend to pick out a couple players from a conference early in the year and never stop talking about them, no matter how they play.  Sometimes never going back and even checking any kind of stats.  Even reporting a player did something who didn't even play due to injury.  For the revenue they produce they should spend their own 20 bucks and go watch a few more games instead of guessing players, stats, and results.   Just my opinion. you don't have to make it so personal.

You didn't push my buttons by any means but I am kind of curious who these players are you are referring to.
AW=HF?

Brian G

PG people seem to want to talk but not be talked too.

Nip/Tusk

We aren't the only ones BG. If I recall, nobody could mention the former Fayetteville ad here either. Lol

Brian G

June 13, 2014, 10:43:54 pm #54 Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 10:49:03 pm by B.G.
PG people, as a rule, are confrontational and don't like it when it comes back.  It crosses all sports. 

Your comparison is not even relevant to this matter.  It had nothing to do with 'confrontational' posting.  Move along.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: phdefense on June 13, 2014, 09:35:33 pm
Quote from: AirWarren on June 13, 2014, 09:16:31 pm

AW=HF?

Maybe in AW's mind lol...

I'm still curious who these athletes are. Cause from my experience Hooten's does get out. Not sure what they do with the game film anymore, maybe it's the highlights on their website instead of the show. Are You mad that they aren't talking about you? LoL

Nip/Tusk

June 13, 2014, 10:58:26 pm #56 Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 11:06:56 pm by Josh Louin
C'mon bg. You fired the shot at pg.
Can't blame anyone for standing up for their hometown.

Edit - just got the pm

pgfan2016

I read 5 negative comments about Hootens before mine.  Sorry B.G. we can't all be perfect like Fayetteville posters.

Brian G

You people can't see.  The point is you don't like direct rebuttal to your viewpoints.

pgfan2016

All PG people?

What happened did you not get a job there that you applied for one time?  is that why the hatred.  there are only a few posters

Brian G

Quote from: pgfan2016 on June 14, 2014, 01:00:04 pm
All PG people?

What happened did you not get a job there that you applied for one time?  is that why the hatred.  there are only a few posters
They have jobs in PG?

pgfan2016

see now that wasn't so hard it was almost funny.  Haha

I'm just giving you a hard time B

Brian G

Quote from: pgfan2016 on June 14, 2014, 01:03:29 pm
see now that wasn't so hard it was almost funny.  Haha

I'm just giving you a hard time B
No sweat.  Enjoy the day.

quicksand

picked mine up today passing through bryant

TBone70

Got mine for 16.99 plus tax. Dang they went down in price. Noticed the pages this year are not glossy and are regular newspaper feel to them. Ready to start reading.

cuckoobird

June 25, 2014, 06:18:51 am #65 Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 06:35:09 am by cuckoobird
Quote from: TBone70 on June 24, 2014, 07:23:55 pm
Got mine for 16.99 plus tax. Dang they went down in price. Noticed the pages this year are not glossy and are regular newspaper feel to them. Ready to start reading.
Are you the designated reader in Hardy?

Oldbadger

Quote from: quicksand on June 23, 2014, 12:54:02 pm
Where did you find it in Bryant?

AirWarren

Quote from: Oldbadger on June 25, 2014, 07:30:30 am

Big Red Fina on Reynolds Road has it. I think the Kum and Go also has them on Reynolds. Big Red Fina off the Haskell exit in Benton has them as well as the Big Red Fina across from US Pizza on Highway 5. Hope that helps!

TBone70

June 25, 2014, 08:11:47 am #68 Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 11:40:24 am by TBone70
Quote from: cuckoobird on June 25, 2014, 06:18:51 am
Nahhh, I'm not the only one that can read, Look on page 106 in Hooten's and there is a 6 page article about one of our Football players getting a Full Ride Scholarship from WEST POINT. I'm sure there is more out there that reads. ;)

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: TBone70 on June 25, 2014, 08:11:47 am
Nahhh, I'm not the only that can read, Look on page 106 in Hooten's and there is a 6 page article about one of our Football players getting a Full Ride Scholarship from WEST POINT. I'm sure there is more out there. ;)
those 6 pages cost around 500.00

cuckoobird

Nahhh, I'm not the only that can read, Look on page 106 in Hooten's and there is a 6 page article about one of our Football players getting a Full Ride Scholarship from WEST POINT. I'm sure there is more out there. ;)
That's a great honor going to Westpoint. Good for them! who would have thought Terry Wayne had that much pull

Hero

Terry Wayne? nah....the Baroness

AirWarren

Excellent read.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: cuckoobird on June 25, 2014, 08:29:30 am
That's a great honor going to Westpoint. Good for them! who would have thought Terry Wayne had that much pull
i've been to west point

cuckoobird

Quote from: Oldman on June 25, 2014, 09:37:24 am
i've been to west point
I hope he's referring to Westpoint NY not AR

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: cuckoobird on June 25, 2014, 09:46:21 am
i've been to west point
is there a west point arkansas? the one i've been to is in mississippi.

BlueRaider

If it's the USMA at WEST POINT NY, ALL STUDENTS ARE A FULL RIDE! 

cuckoobird

Quote from: Oldman on June 25, 2014, 09:47:45 am
Quote from: cuckoobird on June 25, 2014, 09:46:21 am
i've been to west point
is there a west point arkansas? the one i've been to is in mississippi.
yes, between desarc and searcy

SUGARTOWN

June 25, 2014, 08:37:44 pm #78 Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 08:40:16 pm by SUGARTOWN
Just picked mine up at the Kroger on Chenal. It feels thicker, but with the different pages this year it's not nearly as heavy.

But hey, those that were going to wipe your butt with the Stuttgart section I think you'll have a better experience this year than with the previous years glossy pages...

Oldbadger

Quote from: AirWarren on June 25, 2014, 07:47:26 am

Big Red Fina on Reynolds Road has it. I think the Kum and Go also has them on Reynolds. Big Red Fina off the Haskell exit in Benton has them as well as the Big Red Fina across from US Pizza on Highway 5. Hope that helps!
Yeah, thanks.  Be going through tomorrow.  Will stop at one of those places and get one.  I may even buy some gas!LOL

quicksand

big red valero on reynolds road in bryant

DogsWin7

Hooten Lovers!!!!!!   ;) :)

polksalet

Not in Nashville walmart.

intruder

Nashville Drug has it

cuckoobird

Hoggy

Nice piece of crap magazine.  Doesnt even have the glossy pages this year and they still charge 20 bucks.  What a joke

Big Fan

Quote from: Hoggy on June 26, 2014, 02:02:30 pm
they still charge 20 bucks.
You must have bought an autographed copy.

Oldbadger

Got mine for 16.95 plus tax at Bryant.

Brian G

They passed a "Hootens Tax" in NWA of $5/copy.  It's nicknamed the Vanity Tax.

polksalet

Walmart done got it.

Rhonda Elizabeth

It is Little Rock now.  I picked up my copy this afternoon and I can definitely say it is well worth the price.  Excellent stories and pics.   And yes, some of those pics are mine.   ;D

football nut

Quote from: Rhonda Elizabeth on June 26, 2014, 07:41:32 pm
It is Little Rock now.  I picked up my copy this afternoon and I can definitely say it is well worth the price.  Excellent stories and pics.   And yes, some of those pics are mine.   ;D
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Your pics at Shootout of the South were really good.
Thanks

Rhonda Elizabeth

Quote from: football nut on June 26, 2014, 08:34:39 pm
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Thanks

Thank you.   ;D  I will have tons more posted on my website this weekend.  Free for everyone to download for personal use ... like giving a framed pic to grandma for Christmas.

Parkview Guy

Quote from: Rhonda Elizabeth on June 26, 2014, 09:16:11 pm
Quote from: football nut on June 26, 2014, 08:34:39 pm
Thanks

Thank you.   ;D  I will have tons more posted on my website this weekend.  Free for everyone to download for personal use ... like giving a framed pic to grandma for Christmas.

Thank you!

Hoggy

Phil Steele is like 9 bucks and so much better.  Hootens what a rip off

GuvHog

Quote from: Romeo on June 10, 2014, 01:28:20 pm
Dave Campbell's Texas Football only costs $10.95 and previous year addtions range from $6 to $9. Hootens cost $19.99 and previous years books go for $35!!!

Dave Campbells is only a magazine while Hootens is a BOOK.

DogsWin7

But do you learn anything is the question??   :)

AirWarren

Quote from: Hoggy on June 28, 2014, 04:38:49 pm
Phil Steele is like 9 bucks and so much better.  Hootens what a rip off

They could care less. Your contribution or lack there or won't hurt them.

HorseFeathers

Phil steele does a high school book for arkansas?

and my copy of Hootens was $16 and some change...guess you guys are buying the marked up copies...Not sure why everyone gets up in Arms about a book that's close to 350 pages packed with information about arkansas high school football costing close to 20 bucks. Guess they didn't rank your team high enough ?

DogsWin7

I think Rhonda Elizabeth takes great pics!!  :)   In fact, I told my family about her championship photos. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas