• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hootens

Started by by-stander, June 09, 2014, 02:32:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

by-stander

When does the magazine come out?

~WPS~

The week of June 23

AirWarren

Couple weeks. I'll be getting mine.

Superjack45

I will be sure to snatch up a copy.

hawgfan15

DogsWin7

That word is forbidden on FF!!!

Nip/Tusk

You can own yours for only $39.95

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Josh Louin on June 09, 2014, 03:14:59 pm
You can own yours for only $39.95

The price is now $49.99.

Hoggy

Lol the price is ridiculous

LakeRat

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on June 09, 2014, 03:14:31 pm
That word is forbidden on FF!!!

I was wondering when I saw this thread... are we allowed to use the "H" word around here now?

AirWarren

HorseFeathers

i heard they were offering a financing plan for it this year . . .get your copy for only 3 easy payments of 19.99 plus shipping and handling of course

Brian G

But wait!  If you'll call within the next 6 minute you can get a second copy for just the cost of shipping and handling.

BUT HOLD ON.....

The next 25 callers will get a special limited edition Chad Hooten bobblehead.

But you better hurry, they're going fast.

owl84

Okay now that's funny!

polksalet

This thread owns 4.6 speed.

Romeo

Dave Campbell's Texas Football only costs $10.95 and previous year addtions range from $6 to $9. Hootens cost $19.99 and previous years books go for $35!!!

Brian G

Well, we have been labeled the "second dumbest state".

DogsWin7

Quote from: B.G. on June 10, 2014, 12:30:37 pm
But wait!  If you'll call within the next 6 minute you can get a second copy for just the cost of shipping and handling.

BUT HOLD ON.....

Please don't forget about the exclusively detailed instruction sheet on how to make your very own Hootens Paper Mâché Football!   It's Free! 

Hoggy

I tell myself every year I'm not going to by a Hootens and every year I do.  I=dumb@#$

DogsWin7

The first in recovery is admittance.   Congrats.  :)

polksalet

Brian G

I have never bought one.

(nor stole one).

AirWarren

You guys aren't going to make me feel bad for spending money on one haha.

Big Fan

I buy one every year for the same reason I read this message board.....I like to hear the other guys opinion, even if it is wrong. 

AirWarren

Quote from: Big Fan on June 10, 2014, 04:23:41 pm
I buy one every year for the same reason I read this message board.....I like to hear the other guys opinion, even if it is wrong. 

I just like having "references" throughout the year for the weekly games.

Tigerdad

I like reading what the coach has to say about his boys then compare that when watching the games.
Have seen 5'8" 140 lb listed as 6' 220 and vice versa.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: B.G. on June 10, 2014, 12:30:37 pm

BUT HOLD ON.....

But THERE'S MORE!!

And the first 100 callers will get the limited lifetime Warranty*....

*Warranty does not cover any type of: Liquid Damage, Pet Damage, Torn Pages, Ear-Marked pages, writing, blood stains from swatting bird sized mosquitos, Toddler Damage, Regular wear and tear damage

DogsWin7

I actually Laughed Out Loud on that one!  +1. 

You must remember that they are not responsible for lack of comprehension skills, loss of glasses, and the material being used to start pep rally's.   :)

LJ06

Quote from: AirWarren on June 10, 2014, 04:28:04 pm

It does tend to come in handy on several ocassions.

Nip/Tusk

For what, toilet paper?

hawgfan15

Quote from: LJ06 on June 12, 2014, 08:03:53 pm

I always feel like I get my money out of it. Pretty handy for our FF pick em contests

hawgfan15

Nip/Tusk

LJ06

Quote from: hawgfan15 on June 12, 2014, 08:10:15 pm
Quote from: LJ06 on June 12, 2014, 08:03:53 pm

I always feel like I get my money out of it. Pretty handy for our FF pick em contests

Pickems, predictions, broadcasts, etc. I def get my money's worth.

HorseFeathers

I think it's funny that everyone always says it's trash, but every competitor magazine that has started up over the last 10 years isn't around anymore(Vype may still put one out?)...even when Wal Mart stopped carrying Hootens they still kept chugging along. With that said, their T.V show has gone to crap...

AirWarren

Tv show sucks. Love the magazine.

LJ06

TV show is too worried about top in state recruits rather than just focusing on the high school football TEAMS. Magazine is great however.

whippersnapper

I would love it if they could do an hoir show. The first half hour is review of all the previous games from Friday night. Then the last half hour do like the top 2-3 games from each classification. I know all this cost money but I think that type of show would get the most viewers. Show it on like Monday or Tuesday nights.

hawgfan15

Quote from: whippersnapper on June 13, 2014, 12:05:11 am
I would love it if they could do an hoir show. The first half hour is review of all the previous games from Friday night. Then the last half hour do like the top 2-3 games from each classification. I know all this cost money but I think that type of show would get the most viewers. Show it on like Monday or Tuesday nights.

I would watch. I love keeping up with all of the other classifications and to be able to get a little recap of the big games around the state would be nice.

I watch all of the highlights they put on their site every week.

HorseFeathers

Used to watch the show every time it came on...just so I could be hacked off about being underranked lol...

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: hawgfan15 on June 12, 2014, 08:22:02 pm
Quote from: Josh Louin on June 12, 2014, 08:07:45 pm
For what, toilet paper?

Only the Stuttgart section

You must be using the 1-4A section as toilet paper as well, because you guys don't have a clue how to beat them, lol. Maybe y'all should actually read that section this year.

hawgfan15

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on June 13, 2014, 06:47:51 am
Quote from: hawgfan15 on June 12, 2014, 08:22:02 pm
Quote from: Josh Louin on June 12, 2014, 08:07:45 pm
For what, toilet paper?

Only the Stuttgart section

You must be using the 1-4A section as toilet paper as well, because you guys don't have a clue how to beat them, lol. Maybe y'all should actually read that section this year.

Lol It was going to take more than Hootens to beat those teams.

cuckoobird

The birds didnt have any trouble at all but we do have as many state titles as warren and nasville combined

LJ06

Quote from: cuckoobird on June 13, 2014, 12:14:23 pm
The birds didnt have any trouble at all but we do have as many state titles as warren and nasville combined

Congrats on that. I'll send you a t-shirt for that too along with your troll one.

cuckoobird

Kinda stings everytime you read it huh. Lol ive been waiting on my shirt, i will wear it proudly everytime i go to prosperous just in case youre there

LJ06

Quote from: cuckoobird on June 13, 2014, 12:21:54 pm
Kinda stings everytime you read it huh. Lol ive been waiting on my shirt, i will wear it proudly everytime i go to prosperous just in case youre there

Nah not at all. Probably does to some others and good just don't get stuck again ;).

cuckoobird

pgfan2016

Hooten tends to hear about a kid and never see him play a single down his whole career and will publish article after article about him.  Not my favorite for sure.

With the price of TP at an all time high it might not be a bad idea!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: pgfan2016 on June 13, 2014, 06:07:54 pm
Hooten tends to hear about a kid and never see him play a single down his whole career and will publish article after article about him.  Not my favorite for sure.

Got any Links to these articles of players they've never seen? I've seen them at Little ole Hector in the past couple of years, surely they can fork out the extra 20 bucks for gas to make the trip up to Prairie Grove, or Nettleton...Or whereever the player your upset about is/was from.

pgfan2016

Quote from: HF on June 13, 2014, 07:13:19 pm
Quote from: pgfan2016 on June 13, 2014, 06:07:54 pm

Got any Links to these articles of players they've never seen? I've seen them at Little ole Hector in the past couple of years, surely they can fork out the extra 20 bucks for gas to make the trip up to Prairie Grove, or Nettleton...Or whereever the player your upset about is/was from.

Did I push your button??????  I wasn't necessarily speaking of any of the towns you listed.  Hootens IMO tend to pick out a couple players from a conference early in the year and never stop talking about them, no matter how they play.  Sometimes never going back and even checking any kind of stats.  Even reporting a player did something who didn't even play due to injury.  For the revenue they produce they should spend their own 20 bucks and go watch a few more games instead of guessing players, stats, and results.   Just my opinion. you don't have to make it so personal.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas