• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FF Pre-Season 4A Top Ten

Started by LJ06, June 06, 2014, 05:28:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Superjack45 on June 22, 2014, 04:42:38 pm
AW I am not going to get into with you over this but I looked at my Official Program from WMS and counted the returning players not the starters for Bville. Thanks for the back up though,I know you ment well and since you played at Warren I will look over it.Lol!!! Yes they still will be tough with that offense for sure.
soooooo if you played at warren you can't disagree with another warren poster? one problem, a.w. didn't play.

AirWarren

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: AirWarren on June 23, 2014, 08:52:48 am
You are correct oldman.
help me out aw, watched my first soccer-futbol game yesterday. how and why does an official add time to the end of a game? can't imagine this happening in a sec football game. there would be riots.

Superjack45

You are correct oldman.
AW man I thought you were a player no pun intended,all this time I was thinking you played for ole' Bo.

AirWarren

Quote from: Oldman on June 23, 2014, 09:07:20 am
You are correct oldman.
help me out aw, watched my first soccer-futbol game yesterday. how and why does an official add time to the end of a game? can't imagine this happening in a sec football game. there would be riots.

Stoppage time is due to fights, injuries, match restarts from officials, and field(the pitch) invasions such as streakers, intoxicated fans etc. The ref has the final say and the players play to the whistle blows. It's always added after the 90 minutes is up. Some matches have no stoppage time but very rarely. There may be 5 minutes added but players keep playing until they blow the whistle because the ref has the final say.

And yes it would cause riots in the SEC. However, it would make it interesting for all these teams that fake injuries to slow down the game. I promise you it would stop all that crap if the ref added time to a game.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: AirWarren on June 23, 2014, 09:41:19 am
You are correct oldman.

Stoppage time is due to fights, injuries, match restarts from officials, and field(the pitch) invasions such as streakers, intoxicated fans etc. The ref has the final say and the players play to the whistle blows. It's always added after the 90 minutes is up. Some matches have no stoppage time but very rarely. There may be 5 minutes added but players keep playing until they blow the whistle because the ref has the final say.

And yes it would cause riots in the SEC. However, it would make it interesting for all these teams that fake injuries to slow down the game. I promise you it would stop all that crap if the ref added time to a game.
wouldn't it be easier to just stop the clock so everyone knows?

cuckoobird

June 23, 2014, 10:08:35 am #156 Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 10:12:14 am by cuckoobird
Quote from: Oldman on June 23, 2014, 10:01:08 am
You are correct oldman.

that would make sense and nothing about futbol makes sense

AirWarren

You are correct oldman.

Nope. You play 90 minutes with a 20 minute halftime. Straight. No water breaks, no timeouts just constant running up and down the field until the ref blows the whistle.
I don't care who you are, that's 100 yards of running back and forth especially if you're a striker. That takes some stamina. It's just different rules in a different sport. It's fun to me and I have enjoyed seeing the 20000+ Americans there supporting the guys.

Several of the crybaby teams tried to get water breaks allowed in the cup but FIFA denied it.

cuckoobird

Quote from: AirWarren on June 23, 2014, 10:31:54 am
You are correct oldman.

Nope. You play 90 minutes with a 20 minute halftime. Straight. No water breaks, no timeouts just constant running up and down the field until the ref blows the whistle.
I don't care who you are, that's 100 yards of running back and forth especially if you're a striker. That takes some stamina. It's just different rules in a different sport. It's fun to me and I have enjoyed seeing the 20000+ Americans there supporting the guys.

Several of the crybaby teams tried to get water breaks allowed in the cup but FIFA denied it.
I agree no breaks but constant running...... no, they jog and walk around a lot

Jimbo Morphis

they took a water break in the us game yesterday.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Oldman on June 23, 2014, 11:08:55 am
I would compare it to two teams who both run the hunh playing against each other. then I'm not sure if soccer runs as much as they would

AirWarren

The whole team? Was it because of an injury on the field?

AirWarren

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2106115-twitter-reacts-to-water-break-during-usa-vs-portugal-2014-world-cup-match

First ever in World Cup history.

The 2022 world cup is scheduled to be played in Qatar. Temps get up to 130 HA. There is a push to move it to the United States though.

hawgfan15

Quote from: AirWarren on June 23, 2014, 11:25:28 am

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2106115-twitter-reacts-to-water-break-during-usa-vs-portugal-2014-world-cup-match

The 2022 world cup is scheduled to be played in Qatar. Temps get up to 130 HA. There is a push to move it to the United States though.

Yeah no way it's held at Qatar in 2022 lol that would be outrageous

AirWarren

Quote from: hawgfan15 on June 23, 2014, 11:54:30 am

Suicide. HAha.

hawgfan15

Quote from: AirWarren on June 23, 2014, 11:55:26 am
Quote from: hawgfan15 on June 23, 2014, 11:54:30 am

Suicide. HAha.

Lol exactly

CounterPunch

All this talk about "futbol" (soccer) is making my stomach hurt. This is a football board where men come to talk about manly things such as "American football". Stop this madness!

SUGARTOWN

June 23, 2014, 01:17:19 pm #167 Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 01:23:37 pm by SUGARTOWN
IF and that's a big if, they play the 2022 World Cup in Qatar it will be played in the winter to avoid 120+ temps.

And in reference to Oldman's question, yes it would be much easier to actually stop the clock, restart it and just play to 90 minutes. There's no rational reason to do it they way they do. There was a study that showed that there was more stoppage time added when the favorite was losing...just like yesterday when stoppage time was announced at 4 minutes, then changed to 5 when the last U.S. sub apparently got off the field "too slow". We all know what happened in the final minute. Soccer is more corrupt than any other sport out there.

AirWarren

Quote from: CounterPunch on June 23, 2014, 12:53:54 pm
All this talk about "futbol" (soccer) is making my stomach hurt. This is a football board where men come to talk about manly things such as "American football". Stop this madness!

What else do you want to talk about? Slow sports season right now. It's the only exciting thing happening in sports right now.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on June 23, 2014, 01:17:19 pm
IF and that's a big if, they play the 2022 World Cup in Qatar it will be played in the winter to avoid 120+ temps.

And in reference to Oldman's question, yes it would be much easier to actually stop the clock, restart it and just play to 90 minutes. There's no rational reason to do it they way they do. There was a study that showed that there was more stoppage time added when the favorite was losing...just like yesterday when stoppage time was announced at 4 minutes, then changed to 5 when the last U.S. sub apparently got off the field "too slow". We all know what happened in the final minute. Soccer is more corrupt than any other sport out there.
can you imagine an alabama-auburn game at bama and the official adding 5 minutes so auburn could come back and win?

Big Fan

They have winter in Qatar?

SUGARTOWN

Oldman, now you know why soccer fans riot so much...

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Big Fan on June 23, 2014, 01:31:00 pm

Yeah, I think it's 90 degrees instead of 120. :)

cuckoobird

That was just my thought, that a corrupt official could easily change the outcome of a game.

CounterPunch

Quote from: AirWarren on June 23, 2014, 01:25:06 pm

What else do you want to talk about? Slow sports season right now. It's the only exciting thing happening in sports right now.
I'd rather talk about tennis.

cuckoobird

Quote from: CounterPunch on June 23, 2014, 01:52:31 pm

Women's tennis I'm assuming since there aren't any real men athletes in Star City

AirWarren

Talk about it then. I can join in.

Jimbo Morphis

after watching michelle wie putt yesterday i am now a women's golf fan.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Oldman on June 23, 2014, 02:10:33 pm
after watching michelle wie putt yesterday i am now a women's golf fan.
I bet

CounterPunch

Quote from: cuckoobird on June 23, 2014, 02:01:06 pm

Women's tennis I'm assuming since there aren't any real men athletes in Star City
we would beat Marianna though.

Superjack45

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on June 23, 2014, 01:33:37 pm
Quote from: Big Fan on June 23, 2014, 01:31:00 pm

Yeah, I think it's 90 degrees instead of 120. :)
I have been there and yes it does get cold there but nothing like a Minnesota or Chicago type weather.

Romeo

I just watched highlights of Michelle Wie putting at the U.S. Open. I think I'm going to start watching more women's golf as well.

rdhill

Quote from: Romeo on June 23, 2014, 07:54:56 pm
I just watched highlights of Michelle Wie putting at the U.S. Open. I think I'm going to start watching more women's golf as well.
Number 1 in the world played at the U of A. Just throwin that out there.

Jacketman65

Quote from: rdhill on June 23, 2014, 08:54:35 pm
Michelle looks better!  What is the deal with all of the tape on her legs though?

rdhill

Quote from: Jacketman65 on June 23, 2014, 09:26:56 pm
Michelle looks better!  What is the deal with all of the tape on her legs though?
Yea Stacey is hot but Wie is smokin hot. That said Stacey is better by far.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Jacketman65 on June 23, 2014, 09:26:56 pm
The "tape," are basically sticky braces instead of the old bulky ones.

cuckoobird

Quote from: CounterPunch on June 23, 2014, 07:22:33 pm
Quote from: cuckoobird on June 23, 2014, 02:01:06 pm

we would beat Marianna though.
in girls basketball?

Jimbo Morphis

thats why i started watching it.

CounterPunch

Happy birthday to Zack Towers. Today he turns 20.

AirWarren

Quote from: CounterPunch on June 25, 2014, 12:43:49 pm
Happy birthday to Zack Towers. Today he turns 20.

Happy birthday brother. God speed Towers family.

Razorhummer

Quote from: whippersnapper on June 15, 2014, 11:13:27 am
This year is advantage Newport. The last 4 years the home team has won this game. And back at the "new" legendary greyhound field. Also just a quick stat. These seniors for the hounds have only lost 1 home game the last 2 seasons.
Exactly and I remember in 2010 when Newport beat a very good Lonoke team that went on to play SC in WMS that year.

phdefense

Quote from: Razorhummer on June 26, 2014, 08:42:59 am
Quote from: whippersnapper on June 15, 2014, 11:13:27 am
This year is advantage Newport. The last 4 years the home team has won this game. And back at the "new" legendary greyhound field. Also just a quick stat. These seniors for the hounds have only lost 1 home game the last 2 seasons.
Exactly and I remember in 2009 when Newport beat a very good Lonoke team that went on to play SC in WMS that year.
FIFY

TBone70

August 14, 2014, 09:45:05 am #192 Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 09:57:46 am by TBone70
Quote from: LJ06 on June 06, 2014, 05:28:28 pm
THE TOP TEN

1. Warren Lumberjacks (9) - 294 ('13 Record 10-4, State Runner-Up, 8-4A Champs)
2. Star City Bulldogs (3) - 240 ('13 Record 9-4, Quarterfinalist)
3. Newport Greyhounds - 190 ('13 Record 9-3, 2nd Rounder)
4. Malvern Leopards (2) - 181 ('13 Record 9-3, 2nd Rounder)
5. Nashville Scrappers (1) - 180 ('13 Record 6-4, 1st Rounder)
6. Dollarway Cardinals (1) - 154 ('13 Record 13-1, Semi-Finalist, 2-4A Champs)
7. Prairie Grove Tigers - 146 ('13 Record 10-2, 2nd Rounder, 1-4A Champs)
8. Highland Rebels - 124 ('13 Record 8-3, 1st Rounder)
9. Dardanelle Sand Lizards - 78 ('13 Record 8-4, 2nd Rounder)
10. Hamburg Lions - 58 ('13 Record 9-3, 2nd Rounder)

Other receiving votes: Ashdown 24, Arkadelphia 22, HWHC 20, Lincoln 14, Gosnell 10, Lonoke 6, Shiloh Christian 6, Stuttgart 4, Clinton 2, Mena 2

Notes:  A parenthesis ( ) outside of the team stands for the number of first place votes, brackets [ ] outside of the team stands for the position change in the poll from last week, * outside of the team stands for a team that is new to the top ten.

Above is what we predicted and below is what RICH SANDERS thinks for 2014 with his calculated program he uses.

1.   Warren
2.   Arkadelphia
3.   Dollarway
4.   Nashville
5.   Highland
6.   Malvern
7.   Star City
8.   Newport
9.   Pottsville
10.   Prairie Grove

SUGARTOWN

One of those polls looks good, the other...not so much.

LJ06

RPS really has 4A scattered around this year. Arkadelphia at 2? Wow. Star City at 7? What the crap? Newport at 8? Wow

Lionheart88

Seems like a formula would have a hard time accounting for talent differences in graduates leaving and freshman coming up, etc.  I'd give it a few weeks to shake out before I'd trust any automated rankings.

LJ06

Quote from: Lionheart88 on August 14, 2014, 11:37:04 am
Seems like a formula would have a hard time accounting for talent differences in graduates leaving and freshman coming up, etc.  I'd give it a few weeks to shake out before I'd trust any automated rankings.

Always does take a few weeks. Will be a noticeable difference say after week 5 or so

HorseFeathers

"power formulas" use a lot of history to produce preseason formulas, fans tend to use where they think the teams will finish after 15 weeks of playing...

CounterPunch

Whatever formula rich uses is broken.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: CounterPunch on August 14, 2014, 12:07:00 pm
Whatever formula rich uses is broken.

By the end of the year it'll be right....every year people say it's broken, but every year Rich comes closer than every poll published out there....

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas