• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who will the candidates be for the Stuttgart Head Coaching Job?

Started by Jacketman65, April 29, 2014, 12:59:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SUGARTOWN

^^^ Any kind of logo on the helmet would look better than the numbers IMO. Maybe just put in on one side of the helmet like the Steelers, that would be cool.

Jacketman65

Since when has Stuttgart became more worried about their helmet scheme? I've always known Stuttgart to be a gritty tough as nails town, yet yall are more worried about looking fancy than getting nasty.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Jacketman65 on May 02, 2014, 03:39:08 pm
Since when has Stuttgart became more worried about their helmet scheme? I've always known Stuttgart to be a gritty tough as nails town, yet yall are more worried about looking fancy than getting nasty.

Why do you care?

your name here

Jacketman65

Flashy uniforms don't always win games, gotta have the athletes to put in em.

TSW

Quote from: Jacketman65 on May 02, 2014, 09:29:37 pm
Flashy uniforms don't always win games, gotta have the athletes to put in em.

You should know 1st hand

Jacketman65

Always liked MARIANNA'S uniforms.  Guess they had the athletes last year!Huh ;D

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on May 02, 2014, 04:03:49 pm
Quote from: Jacketman65 on May 02, 2014, 03:39:08 pm

Why do you care?

Again I ask, why do you care?

TSW

Quote from: Jacketman65 on May 02, 2014, 10:44:11 pm
Always liked MARIANNA'S uniforms.  Guess they had the athletes last year!Huh ;D

A lot more than Clinton !!!

loyal fan

phdefense

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: phdefense on May 03, 2014, 11:26:51 am
Quote from: loyal fan on May 03, 2014, 06:18:31 am
Any current SHS coaches gonna be considered?
Probably depends on who stays.

I would think they would look at current head coaches before assistants, but that's just my opinion. Stuttgart's not a place to learn on the job for a first time head coach.

your name here

Coach Cox and he could bring back your former assistant coach. ???

Jacketman65

GotInfo?

New super is making this hire I'm sure. Word is, he is asking for previous HC or AD experience. That comes from a coach who called about the job. Can understand a little about that, but think you are missing out on some very good coord. out there that could be good HC.

cuckoobird

Quote from: GotInfo? on May 05, 2014, 10:13:13 am
New super is making this hire I'm sure. Word is, he is asking for previous HC or AD experience. That comes from a coach who called about the job. Can understand a little about that, but think you are missing out on some very good coord. out there that could be good HC.
Stuttgart isn't the place for someone with no HC experience, unless you are currently on staff

GotInfo?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: GotInfo? on May 05, 2014, 01:23:34 pm
I'll respectfully disagree.

Well, we've done that one time recently and he was the only coach out of the last 5 to not win a state title, matter of fact he's not even coaching anymore. Don't really want to go down that road again.

Big Fan

Stuttgart is a program that will get enough positive attention and applications that it will require and get a coach with HC experience if that is what the powers that be want. 

cuckoobird

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on May 05, 2014, 03:21:10 pm

Well, we've done that one time recently and he was the only coach out of the last 5 to not win a state title, matter of fact he's not even coaching anymore. Don't really want to go down that road again.
He had some really good athletes to compete with too. I'll give him the benefit of doubt for the 08 team getting beat at Nashville but the 09 team should have been better iMHO

GotInfo?

That maybe true. I can understand more about needing the experience because it is AD/HC and you have quite a bit more admin responsibility. But as for the job itself, I would think that there are some good quality coordinators at the 7/6/ and maybe 5 A level that would be great fits there. Trust me, having coached against them in the past, Stuttgart is a job that takes someone with good structure, discipline, and love of the community. Great place, but unique. Not just anyone can coach there.

SUGARTOWN

You can relax now Oldman, it would appear that one more is job filled and Haddock is still at McGehee.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on May 08, 2014, 08:29:32 am
You can relax now Oldman, it would appear that one more is job filled and Haddock is still at McGehee.
was never worried about you getting haddock.

coachsearch

we_hate_the_band

Jimbo Morphis

cuckoobird

Quote from: Oldman on May 09, 2014, 10:02:00 am
Quote from: we_hate_the_band on May 09, 2014, 09:49:20 am
It's about to be a McCarnival in sugar town.
is it offical yet?
Yes it's official. Stuttgart is currently looking for a HC position. Elmore to WM, haven't you heard?

homer

School Board to approve Tuesday.  Wonder which coaches stay and who moves on????

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: homer on May 09, 2014, 05:16:46 pm
School Board to approve Tuesday.  Wonder which coaches stay and who moves on????

No idea, I'm sure Coach McCarn will retain some, he's familiar with almost all of them.

Big Fan

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on May 10, 2014, 11:49:11 am

No idea, I'm sure Coach McCarn will retain some, he's familiar with almost all of them.
Heck of a QB at UAM.  Get ready to throw the ball. 

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Big Fan on May 10, 2014, 09:12:44 pm

Well he was the OC in 2012 when we threw about 5 passes a game, but I guess when you can run right over people there's no need to pass it. But I do expect a little change in offensive philosophy....

Jacketman65

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on May 10, 2014, 09:30:55 pm

Well he was the OC in 2012 when we threw about 5 passes a game, but I guess when you can run right over people there's no need up pass it. But I do expect a little change in offensive philosophy....
Do you have the horses to still run over people? What does "up pass it mean?"

SUGARTOWN

Thanks for bring my proof reader, I have corrected it.

And yes, I saw plenty of talent last year in jr high, 2 good RB's and good size on the line. So it appears that another deep playoff run is only a year or two away IMO. Not too sure about this year yet though.

minerjack

Yes, he was.  He'll be a good one.  Always was fun to watch.

Lions84

Quote from: cuckoobird on May 09, 2014, 01:12:10 pm
Quote from: Oldman on May 09, 2014, 10:02:00 am
Quote from: we_hate_the_band on May 09, 2014, 09:49:20 am
It's about to be a McCarnival in sugar town.
is it offical yet?
Yes it's official. Stuttgart is currently looking for a HC position. Elmore to WM, haven't you heard?

WOW I am stunned.

GotInfo?

Met McCarn once nice guy.... Just curious, has he ever been a HC before?

TSW

Quote from: GotInfo? on May 12, 2014, 10:33:40 am
Met McCarn once nice guy.... Just curious, has he ever been a HC before?

Mt view and Melbourne 

Jacketman65

Will this not be about his 3rd time at Stuttgart and how did he do at the other schools?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Jacketman65 on May 12, 2014, 10:48:43 pm
Will this not be about his 3rd time at Stuttgart and how did he do at the other schools?

Took a fairly new program to the playoffs last year(Melbourne)

SUGARTOWN

School board officially approved Kevin McCarn as head coach and AD last night.

Jimbo Morphis

Big Fan

Quote from: Oldman on May 14, 2014, 08:13:20 am
looks to be a very good hire.
Good thing this school board wasn't worried about him being able to "adjust."   ::)

Jacketman65

From Melbourne to Stuttgart would be a big adjustment! I hope he negotiated "OFF" in his contract.

cuckoobird

Hes lived in stuttgart for several years. Im sure he'll be fine

Big Fan

Quote from: Jacketman65 on May 14, 2014, 03:32:57 pm
From Melbourne to Stuttgart would be a big adjustment! I hope he negotiated "OFF" in his contract.
"Skeeter bites build character.  Malaria builds even greater character."  ZD 

cuckoobird

"Skeeter bites build conference champions, malaria builds state champions"

Ranger

cuckoobird

Interesting

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas