• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nashville vs. DeQueen

Started by polksalet, November 11, 2011, 10:24:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wahls

November 16, 2011, 12:19:43 am #150 Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 12:24:57 am by Showband of Arkansas
This is all beginning to make sense. I think you've seen a lot more than a couple games.

Love The Scrappers has 8 posts. Five posts have places defending the coaching staff, four are defending the Superintendent, and three have inside information that no one else would have. That 14-18 stat gave you away and the rest connected the dots. No one else would really care but a coach.

The very first post asks "Which Graham is coaching Pee Wee," and there's another post that refers to the "scrapper fans" (if you were a fan, you'd say "we" not separate yourself unless you were speaking in third person. You weren't.) and then later you change your mind. Don't worry, another coach from your neck of the woods messed up doing that earlier this year.

I'm not gonna name names. I'll let the rest of you figure out who it is. I would hope a Nashville coach would have more class than saying "De Quack" but I guess not. On a side note, you're good friends with one of my family members.

This is the second coach I've caught this year talking some jazz. I'm on a roll, folks. New record for me.

polksalet

Quote from: Showband of Arkansas on November 16, 2011, 12:19:43 am
This is all beginning to make sense. I think you've seen a lot more than a couple games.

Love The Scrappers has 8 posts. Five posts have places defending the coaching staff, four are defending the Superintendent, and three have inside information that no one else would have. That 14-18 stat gave you away and the rest connected the dots. No one else would really care but a coach.

The very first post asks "Which Graham is coaching Pee Wee," and there's another post that refers to the "scrapper fans" (if you were a fan, you'd say "we" not separate yourself unless you were speaking in third person. You weren't.) and then later you change your mind. Don't worry, another coach from your neck of the woods messed up doing that earlier this year.

I'm not gonna name names. I'll let the rest of you figure out who it is. I would hope a Nashville coach would have more class than saying "De Quack" but I guess not. On a side note, you're good friends with one of my family members.

This is the second coach I've caught this year talking some jazz. I'm on a roll, folks. New record for me.

DeQuack is classless? Have you ever actually been there? Its like the walking dead.

Wahls

I actually think 8 posts is a new record too.

titan33

Hmmmmmm....wonder if his name goes with _ _ _ _ _ _ Cracker?? ahahha

hawgfan15

Wow...Showband I think you are on to something there. Surely not...but I am afraid you might be right haha smh

Wahls

Quote from: hawgfan15 on November 16, 2011, 01:09:01 am
Wow...Showband I think you are on to something there. Surely not...but I am afraid you might be right haha smh

It's either one of two people but it really doesn't matter which. I feel like I know which one.

l guess playing multiple instruments make doesn't you dumb after all.

Love The Scrappers

WOW I guess you got me. LOL We, They, I, us, them, OH well wished I have listened in English class. I guess I was at football the day they covered those words. By the way, I think that DE Quack is the common name in Nashville, not considered to be classless. Just the name that is used. I am glad you are on to my trail. I am glad you are so worried about who I am. You are incorrect, but if you were correct I would never tell you or admit to it.
You think that I am a coach because I make comments that sounds like I know what I am talking about. I made one comment about cover 4 and I am a coach, well then are you a coach? You were talking about cover 4 as well. Sounds logical. Oh well. Hsve a nice Day Coach! Yes I do hope the Scrapper fans(like me) enjoy the game Friday. 35-21 Scrappers 

Wahls

November 16, 2011, 02:04:46 am #157 Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 02:10:37 am by Showband of Arkansas
Quote from: Love The Scrappers on November 16, 2011, 01:54:03 am
WOW I guess you got me. LOL We, They, I, us, them, OH well wished I have listened in English class.

It has nothing to do with English - it's a subconscious reaction to when you're typing. People that aren't good at hiding who they are give off tells all over the place. It only took you 8 posts.

Quote from: Love The Scrappers on November 16, 2011, 01:54:03 amI am glad you are so worried about who I am. You are incorrect, but if you were correct I would never tell you or admit to it.

Oh that's good. We can now all agree your denial means nothing. Good to know.

You think that I am a coach because I make comments that sounds like I know what I am talking about. I made one comment about cover 4 and I am a coach, well then are you a coach? You were talking about cover 4 as well. Sounds logical. Oh well. Hsve a nice Day Coach! Yes I do hope the Scrapper fans(like me) enjoy the game Friday. 35-21 Scrappers 

First I was a band member that knew nothing, now I'm an intelligent coach. Make up your mind. If you look really hard at my avatar, I'm actually dead center in the middle of it.

You recited a statistic that no one but someone on a coaching staff would have, and you hopelessly defended the indefensible on the Mineral Springs thread.

The gig is up. Do like the PA coaches and change your name. It will keep you accountable. It's a good thing that your boss is who it is, but the bad news is, you gave a little extra motivation to a team that didn't need any to begin with.

This thread needs a little of this.

paraloma

Quote from: Showband of Arkansas on November 16, 2011, 01:20:36 am

It's either one of two people but it really doesn't matter which. I feel like I know which one.

It is more than obvious now that you've pointed it out.

True Player

Just for the record, the only time DQ played cover 4 in the game was in the 2 minute drill to end the first half. The rest of the time they were in cover 3 and a 2 man under coverage.

Top Shelf

Quote from: True Player on November 16, 2011, 07:37:54 am
Just for the record, the only time DQ played cover 4 in the game was in the 2 minute drill to end the first half. The rest of the time they were in cover 3 and a 2 man under coverage.
Showband, start investigating this guy..he said cover 4!!

Bigbossman

On friday nights at scrapper stadium. The stands are full of coaches ~rev. Billy dawson
(quote comes from a sermon of his about a year ago.)

Showband you may be right, LTS may be a coach. But dont underestimate the average rabid scrapper fan.
Also consider the mentality of alot of the fan base. For instance i am a graduate of class of 93. Our class motto was "were just better than you."  so couple that with a lot of fans that can talk football in pretty good detail. And alot of people sound like a coach.

That being said here is another quote.

"its easy to say what you think a coach should do when you dont have any accountability." ~REV. Billy dawson

Orange and Black

Quote from Showband
You recited a statistic that no one but someone on a coaching staff would have.

I know these stats and I am not a coach, so your reasoning is way off.  The guy may just be a numbers nut like fourpeat.  Fourpeat can tell you every and any number you want and he is not a coach

Bigbossman

See showband. My point exactly. However i tend to agree with most of your post. Except when nashville and dequeen play. And still i think you may be right about LTS.

Bigbossman

Also if you get time look into this JFK assasination, maybe clear that one up as well.
Jk

Top Shelf

November 16, 2011, 10:04:46 am #165 Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 10:08:55 am by Top Shelf
Quote from: Showband of Arkansas on November 16, 2011, 02:04:46 am
WOW I guess you got me. LOL We, They, I, us, them, OH well wished I have listened in English class.

It has nothing to do with English - it's a subconscious reaction to when you're typing. People that aren't good at hiding who they are give off tells all over the place. It only took you 8 posts.

Quote from: Love The Scrappers on November 16, 2011, 01:54:03 amI am glad you are so worried about who I am. You are incorrect, but if you were correct I would never tell you or admit to it.

Oh that's good. We can now all agree your denial means nothing. Good to know.

First I was a band member that knew nothing, now I'm an intelligent coach. Make up your mind. If you look really hard at my avatar, I'm actually dead center in the middle of it.

You recited a statistic that no one but someone on a coaching staff would have, and you hopelessly defended the indefensible on the Mineral Springs thread.

The gig is up. Do like the PA coaches and change your name. It will keep you accountable. It's a good thing that your boss is who it is, but the bad news is, you gave a little extra motivation to a team that didn't need any to begin with.

This thread needs a little of this.

If it takes the word DeQuack to get the leppers up for this game, then they are who we thought they were.

ScrapperMan

Reading the posts they sound more like a cheerleader than a coach. Nashville has a chance but thats about it. Not that Dequeen is much better, what are they 6 and 5?

Stan Fan

Quote from: Bigbossman on November 15, 2011, 08:14:09 pm
The feild will be a mudfest come friday. Heard they got two inches of rain today.
True! Water standing in the fields over here the last two days. Just makes for more fun on Friday night!

Wahls

Quote from: Top Shelf on November 16, 2011, 10:04:46 am
If it takes the word DeQuack to get the leppers up for this game, then they are who we thought they were.

And let me guess, you let them off the hook the first time? The point isn't the word but the source. I have clearly set my expectations too high.

Orange and Black, you knew that Hendry was 14-18 against a particular coverage? I call BS. Thats alright there's no sweeping this under the rug. It's not the first and won't be the last coach to do this.

Keep tossing the wood on the fire, gentlemen.

Stan Fan

November 16, 2011, 02:21:10 pm #169 Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 02:22:48 pm by Stan Fan
Quote from: Showband of Arkansas on November 16, 2011, 01:20:36 am

I guess Showband was a prize for guess the coach.  ::)
Quote from: Bigbossman on November 16, 2011, 08:03:14 am
On friday nights at scrapper stadium. The stands are full of coaches ~rev. Billy dawson
(quote comes from a sermon of his about a year ago.)

Showband you may be right, LTS may be a coach. But dont underestimate the average rabid scrapper fan.
Also consider the mentality of alot of the fan base. For instance i am a graduate of class of 93. Our class motto was "were just better than you."  so couple that with a lot of fans that can talk football in pretty good detail. And alot of people sound like a coach.

That being said here is another quote.

"its easy to say what you think a coach should do when you dont have any accountability." ~REV. Billy dawson

Wahls

Quote from: Bigbossman on November 16, 2011, 08:14:06 am
Also if you get time look into this JFK assasination, maybe clear that one up as well.
Jk

I've been to the Texas Schoolbook depository on Dealy and they made it into a museum. Very cool if you can go.

Stan Fan

Amen, let's see how much our smart friend, Show Band, has to say on Saturday morning.
I see a butt kicking coming for De Queen.

Stan Fan

Quote from: Showband of Arkansas on November 16, 2011, 02:22:50 pm
Quote from: Bigbossman on November 16, 2011, 08:14:06 am
Jk

I've been to the Texas Schoolbook depository on Dealy and they made it into a museum. Very cool if you can go.
Man of the world, that should be your screen man! You know something about everything. O, then again you are a DQ fan!

phdefense

So I am wondering. Is this a forum version of a Nashville haka?

Wahls

Quote from: phdefense on November 16, 2011, 02:28:51 pm

Yeah. They warm up little different.

Stan Fan

Quote from: phdefense on November 16, 2011, 02:28:51 pm
YES  sir!
Scrapper war cry...GO - FIGHT - WIN
These Scrappers have the moves and we are stomping ready for THIS DQ game!

Wahls

Yeah its amazing how you couldn't put out an APB for a Nashville poster a month ago (other than bigbossman), but when they win a couple games, posters come out of the woodworks.

My favorite ones think they're the greatest thing since sliced bread, and act as if it never happened.

Oh well, without that this thread wouldn't be FF HoF quality.

Top Shelf

Quote from: Showband of Arkansas on November 16, 2011, 02:18:39 pm

And let me guess, you let them off the hook the first time? The point isn't the word but the source. I have clearly set my expectations too high.

Orange and Black, you knew that Hendry was 14-18 against a particular coverage? I call BS. Thats alright there's no sweeping this under the rug. It's not the first and won't be the last coach to do this.

Good work detective gumshoe!  But honestly, do you think the players from nashville or dq give a crap about what an assistant coach may have said on FF?  I think not.  My point was who cares if somebody says dequack or crappers?  If the players cant get up for this game just because of what it is, then they dont need to be playing.

Wahls

November 16, 2011, 03:24:59 pm #178 Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 03:35:17 pm by Showband of Arkansas
Quote from: Top Shelf on November 16, 2011, 02:55:53 pm

Good work detective gumshoe!  But honestly, do you think the players from nashville or dq give a crap about what an assistant coach may have said on FF?  I think not.  My point was who cares if somebody says dequack or crappers?  If the players cant get up for this game just because of what it is, then they dont need to be playing.

You're missing the point. Attitude reflects leadership.

If you have leaders that think it is okay to blatantly disrespect your opponent, what kind of message does that send to the players? It perverts the entire meaning of respect. Why respect a part of the staff when the staff doesn't respect anyone either?

You can't have an assistant coach acting like a pre-teen  It's a lack of maturity.

Stan Fan

Quote from: Showband of Arkansas on November 16, 2011, 03:24:59 pm

If you have leaders that think it is okay to blatantly disrespect your opponent, what kind of message does that send to the players? It perverts the entire meaning of respect. Why respect a part of the staff doesn't respect anyone either?

You can't have an assistant coach acting like a pre-teen  It's a lack of maturity.
This maybe the one and ONLY time I agree with Showband. Scrappers need better leaders,period!

Top Shelf

Quote from: Showband of Arkansas on November 16, 2011, 03:24:59 pm

If you have leaders that think it is okay to blatantly disrespect your opponent, what kind of message does that send to the players? It perverts the entire meaning of respect. Why respect a part of the staff doesn't respect anyone either?

Its not that they dont respect anyone...just Dequeen.  ;D

Stan Fan

I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom. General George S. Patton
;D Go Scrappers

deltafootball3

DQ beats the Scrappers by 20!

ScrapperMan

Where are the stats guys at? I want to know if this year is the record for the most interceptions for a Nashville QB?

Top Shelf

Quote from: ScrapperMan on November 16, 2011, 04:26:39 pm
Where are the stats guys at? I want to know if this year is the record for the most interceptions for a Nashville QB?
No, Jared McBride had 18 in 1995

Wahls

Quote from: Top Shelf on November 16, 2011, 03:35:42 pm
Its not that they dont respect anyone...just Dequeen.  ;D

Well, Mineral Springs either.

I think we're seeing a trend here. Dad waits until the last minute to tattle on Mineral Springs for the sole purpose of ruining their season, and son hides behind a username to talk a little jazz and then lies about it.

You good folks over in Nashville need to lean a little bit on your Superintendent and remind him that it is an elected position.

The word of the day is overconfidence.

ScrapperMan

A Nashville spring would be nice, probably end up like Libya though.

paraloma

Dequeen better install cover 9.

Wahls

Quote from: paraloma on November 16, 2011, 08:28:42 pm
Dequeen better install cover 9.

Cover 9 vs a quick spread offense?

paraloma

Top Shelf

Wahls

November 16, 2011, 09:12:28 pm #191 Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 09:19:06 pm by Showband of Arkansas
Quote from: paraloma on November 16, 2011, 09:04:26 pm

We ain't skeert. What was his stat line from last game? I don't remember.

EDIT: I found it. 8 catches, 83 yards, 0 TD's and a long of 23. 1 TD rushing. Only beat us deep once and it was by two steps and losing ground. QB didn't complete the pass anyway. I believe the gain of 23 was a on a screen pass where cover 9 is pointless anyway.

No need for cover 9 - his longest catch this year is 49, and appears that he has four plays between 30-49 yards this season.

~WPS~

You better watch out for #25 on the ground. He's turned into a beast.

Wahls

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on November 16, 2011, 09:17:21 pm

Gaines scares me a lot more than Green. Both are good players, but Gaines matches up a lot better.

paraloma

Quote from: Showband of Arkansas on November 16, 2011, 09:19:51 pm
Quote from: Ballplayer1 on November 16, 2011, 09:17:21 pm

Gaines scares me a lot more than Green. Both are good players, but Gaines matches up a lot better.

I love to hear Hubbard  pronounce both of their names.

Bunyard has the call on 92.1 though. May have to listen to the alternate.

hawgfan15

Green is a more physical runner but Gaines can hit the homerun any given play, very good speed and acceleration. The running game for Nashville Friday will be key. If Nashville runs the ball with success they will win. Much better running team then last time they played dequeen for sure.

Wahls

What will be interesting will be to see the changes in the Nashville running game vs. De Queen's defense that just got done facing Booneville - one of the more physical schools in the state.

Bigbossman

::) gonna be a mudfest. I cannot wait. Hootens flipped the freakin coin again this week. Giving it to nashville by 3. A 3 point game from them translates to a big ol shoulder shrug and an i dunnno.

All this talk of the pass. Glad to see some talk of our run game. This in my mind is where dequeen is gonna see a diffrent nashville team.

Thank yougunman top shelf for the statistic with regards to  the interceptions. Joel has thrown his share but if your throwing the ball thats just part of it. It has not been as big an issue in the later part of the season as it was early on.

True Player

The only way Nashville will win this game is if they can run the ball. They abandoned the run the first meeting and became 1 dimensional when they were having success with the run. If they stick to the run game then they have a lot better shot. Also, their receivers have to catch the ball, which they didn't seem to want to do in the first game.

Bigbossman

Quote from: True Player on November 16, 2011, 10:40:32 pm
The only way Nashville will win this game is if they can run the ball. They abandoned the run the first meeting and became 1 dimensional when they were having success with the run. If they stick to the run game then they have a lot better shot. Also, their receivers have to catch the ball, which they didn't seem to want to do in the first game.

yep.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas