• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wonderview new girls coach

Started by Backboard Shattered, July 01, 2018, 05:49:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gamechanger11

I always find those comments comical. Does the players make the coach or the coach make the players. Lol. I think the real question is do "I" like the coach or not. I have seen many coaches do a fine job, however according to some the coach was awful mostly because someone disliked them. But to answer the question it goes both ways. Good players can make a good coach but also a good coach can make good players. Moreover, good players can overcome poor coaching to an extent and good coaching can overcome poor players also to an extent.

riccoar

Quote from: Bigleague on December 15, 2018, 03:49:38 pm
No it won't. Riccoar you are clueless. I've seen wonderview play this year and they haven't changed anything from last year which means he's smart enough not to screw things up. They will be down in talent next year so that means they will lose more which doesn't necessarily mean he will be doing a bad job. We understand he wasn't good enough to coach at WS. How did yalls game go this year at WS anyway?
Uh, they are coming off of a State Championship. Lots of pieces from that squad minus Zimmerman. Be a fool if he did change even one thing. I'm simply saying when the two girls that carry them this year are gone, THATS when we will see if he has the ability to keep the expectations going at Wonderview. You could plug any coach into that team and win a lot of games simply on the talent there.

Bigleague

Simon doesn't leave if they had talent still coming.   Trust me

SackAttack

Quote from: Bigleague on December 15, 2018, 06:51:05 pm
Sack said same thing 83 posts ago and Sack knows Sacks stuff even when people don't listen to Sack!! Jerry Simons mom didn't raise no fool!!

riccoar

Quote from: Bigleague on December 15, 2018, 06:51:05 pm
Possible it's that mixed with the politics he seemed to have to deal with. But I believe he went to another hotbed of talent.

SackAttack

Quote from: riccoar on December 15, 2018, 10:04:51 pm
Possible it's that mixed with the politics he seemed to have to deal with. But I believe he went to another hotbed of talent.
Yeah Sack knows that there are some coaches that only seem to be good when they are in that hotbed! We've run into that here at Westside sometimes but not the Boss he could take a bunch of bedhead orphans and beat your brakes off! I've seen him do it!!

Motownsportsfan

Squires will be coaching WV girls to finish the year.

NewToTheLake

Flobbito

Quote from: Motownsportsfan on February 02, 2019, 05:21:40 pm

I noticed he was coaching the Jr. High today and was curious why, hope it's nothing health related for him or his family.

SackAttack

Quote from: Motownsportsfan on February 02, 2019, 05:21:40 pm
What nobody told Sack this was coming!! What's the story here!!

SackAttack

Quote from: SackAttack on February 02, 2019, 07:27:36 pm
What nobody told Sack this was coming!! What's the story here!!
Never mind Sack will find out you know Sack will because that's what Sack does cause everybody confides in Sack!! Sack will bump into Lenny Harris he knows erthing WV. Anybody got his digital send them Sacks way and I'll get y'all the scoop

Bigleague

SackAttack

Still looking for Lenny Harris's didgitals if anybody can help Brother Sack our so Brother Sack can help y'all out!!

Sports Loser

I've heard of lots of weird things out of their administration.  Over the years been crazy stuff been kind of hush hush over there. 

SackAttack

Quote from: Sports Loser on February 03, 2019, 02:43:41 pm
I've heard of lots of weird things out of their administration.  Over the years been crazy stuff been kind of hush hush over there.
Sack got hold of Lenny's digitalis and rang him up he couldn't talk much  but said admin leadership was quote unquote" a cesspool"! Said he'd call me back because didn't know specifics and really could care less but felt Richey was set up for failure from beginning and never had a chance in long term!! Wish Sack had more and probably will have! Sad situation! Keep your head up Coach! Sack will buy you some corn and a pop!!

Motownsportsfan

Bigleague

Quote from: riccoar on December 15, 2018, 10:04:51 pm

Really riccoar.  Really.  Vilonia boys is a hotbed.  Lol

SackAttack

Oh my!!! Sack still has no iron clad details BUT Sack did call Lenny Harris back this afternoon as Sack promised because Sack believes in such things cause Sacks momma raised him right as it seems others Mommas obviously did not if you know what I mean! Lenny answered on first ring hullo and Sack said what's up bud! Silence! Sack said this is Sack but it ain't my real name Lenny said what's up! Sack said Richey Wonderview got anything! Lenny said not really!! Did say he'd had about 8300 phone calls and texts from parts here and yon! Seems everybody wants to know what's up!! Lenny didn't know specifics cause ain't nobody manning up to say but he did tell me stuff that gave Old Sack a preponderance of thinking!! After what Sack heard Sack wants to humbly invite a few WVers over the the First Freeway Baptist Restoration Church of Edgemont so they can be churched a bit! Sack thinks they are in some desperate need of churching on the Golden Rule!! Doing lots of people wrong just wrong if you know what I mean!! Maybe they'll do Coach Richey right somewhere along the line! Sack hopes he speaks for all of Fearless in hoping so!

Sports Loser

I don't know what happened over there but I have 2 good friends that are from there and both said that it wasn't anything bad.  Really surprised me that they put Squires as the girls coach.  Sounds really crazy over there.  My friend made reference to a fox in a hens house and told me some stories of some things that happened a few years back.  Weird coming from his former player but there must some serious issues there.  Sounds like that coach got shafted to me. 

Motownsportsfan

I hate it for coach Richey but make no mistake Wonderview girls just got better. Squires will work the girls a lot harder. I expect to see a different team. We shall see

Sports Loser

If what I was told was true about Richey and what Squires former player told me about him are true.  It changes my views on Wonderview administration greatly.  Unbelievable Richey got shafted they should be ashamed.  But from what I've heard lots of shady things up there the past few years.

Bigleague

Quote from: Motownsportsfan on February 04, 2019, 04:13:46 pm
I hate it for coach Richey but make no mistake Wonderview girls just got better. Squires will work the girls a lot harder. I expect to see a different team. We shall see
You hate it for Richey?  Then you say wonderview just got better. I don't think you hate it at all!

Motownsportsfan

I hate it for him. Seems to be a good dude. That doesn't make him a good coach. I didn't like the hire but I still feel for him. I feel the girls were out of shape. That will get fixed. I would have been fine with him coaching no matter the outcome. I'm just saying I feel like we upgraded

HorseFeathers

Sports Loser

So I went to watch my little cousin from Guy play tonight at Rural Special and noticed that Whitcock? was coaching the Concord Jr Boys maybe Concord done the same thing with Cornett as Wonderview did with Richey?  Maybe it's the new trend. 

Sports Loser

February 04, 2019, 08:43:05 pm #75 Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 08:45:38 pm by Sports Loser
Quote from: Motownsportsfan on February 04, 2019, 06:26:41 pm
I hate it for him. Seems to be a good dude. That doesn't make him a good coach. I didn't like the hire but I still feel for him. I feel the girls were out of shape. That will get fixed. I would have been fine with him coaching no matter the outcome. I'm just saying I feel like we upgraded
Seems like there are lots of double standards and hush hush things going on over there.  Former players talking!  Administration should really be embarrassed and do the right thing.  The things they let slide with one coach then make up stuff on another?  Weird over there! 

Sweep

Quote from: Sports Loser on February 04, 2019, 08:13:49 pm
So I went to watch my little cousin from Guy play tonight at Rural Special and noticed that Whitcock? was coaching the Concord Jr Boys maybe Concord done the same thing with Cornett as Wonderview did with Richey?  Maybe it's the new trend.

Cornett was sick so Whillock was filling in. The Concord Jr. Boys were supposed to win that game anyways so it wasn't a big deal

SackAttack

Quote from: Sports Loser on February 04, 2019, 08:43:05 pm
Seems like there are lots of double standards and hush hush things going on over there.  Former players talking!  Administration should really be embarrassed and do the right thing.  The things they let slide with one coach then make up stuff on another?  Weird over there!
Sack read this twice to make durn sure Sack was readin the writin right and not reading wrong writin but Sack thinks you are sayin that some of Squires formers are saying  shady shady white gravy!! Did Sack read the writin right there Loser in Sports to which Sack can certainly relate!! Give Sack them digital Sack will call em up

SackAttack

Quote from: Motownsportsfan on February 04, 2019, 06:26:41 pm
So being a good dude but not a good coach is what this is really about where Squires is a good coach but not a good dude!! Once again is Sack readin the writin right!! Point number 2 is if you know anything about conditioning it was a process when the Boss had us back in the day! Can't see him making much headway there in a week or two with three games per week! Sack says nice try though broham!!

Sports Loser

Quote from: SackAttack on February 04, 2019, 09:12:10 pm
Sack read this twice to make durn sure Sack was readin the writin right and not reading wrong writin but Sack thinks you are sayin that some of Squires formers are saying  shady shady white gravy!! Did Sack read the writin right there Loser in Sports to which Sack can certainly relate!! Give Sack them digital Sack will call em up
I'm confused by your post.  This is what I know.  Coach Richey got shafted and Squires has a whole bunch in the closet that administration has covered up that is being told now by former players.  Maybe people are getting tired of watching administration treat good people bad over there.  I think Motown knows the story he should just shed the light on it.  I'm not from the area directly just know several people from there and former players.  I really think Richey has gotten ripped off and Wonderview administration is the shadiest I know. 

riccoar

Quote from: Bigleague on February 03, 2019, 07:28:35 pm
Really riccoar.  Really.  Vilonia boys is a hotbed.  Lol
I assumed he was going for the girls position.  But Vilonia and Greenbrier's talent pool will start to deepen as more people move into those areas and away from Conway.

riccoar

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 04, 2019, 06:28:01 pm
So....why he get the boot?
Million dollar question.  I've asked someone and they confirmed the post on Feb. 2nd saying Squires rest of the way.  But even they have not heard why.

Motownsportsfan

What seems to be a good guy lost his job so it's not right to put out on a board. My personal opinion is there were mistakes made on all parties involved. If the things happened that I was told then it wasn't smart on Coach's part. I wish him the best. I hope the hiring committee finds someone they can fully support on the next hire assuming they hire. I know some 1A schools just use one coach for all. That's too much in my opinion

hogman1886

How are their Jr. Girls? Could get a good coach in there if they have a lot of talent coming up.

SackAttack

Quote from: Motownsportsfan on February 05, 2019, 08:39:57 am
What seems to be a good guy lost his job so it's not right to put out on a board. My personal opinion is there were mistakes made on all parties involved. If the things happened that I was told then it wasn't smart on Coach's part. I wish him the best. I hope the hiring committee finds someone they can fully support on the next hire assuming they hire. I know some 1A schools just use one coach for all. That's too much in my opinion
sack reads this to say you wish him the best but you ain't sorry he was replaced by a despicable shady admin! Gotcha!! Sack says if you ain't part of the solution then you part of the problem! Sack says the boat at WV is taking on water and the boat is full of similar minded people! Again hope the altar was full Sunday during the invitation

Flobbito

Quote from: hogman1886 on February 05, 2019, 08:57:39 am
How are their Jr. Girls? Could get a good coach in there if they have a lot of talent coming up.

They have a tall (6'-0" or taller) 7th grader that will cause trouble in a few years, but other than that they have a lot of developing to do with the other talent they have now.  They lost to MVE Jr. girls by more than 20 in the opening round of the jr. district tournament.                         

Flobbito

Wow, what an odd time to fire a coach.  I guess 15-1 in the best conference in the classification isn't good enough?  What are they going to do to the coach next year when they lose their best talent from this team?

riccoar

So was he simply removed from coaching OR terminated from WV all together?

Motownsportsfan

I don't know for sure terminated as employee I just know he is no longer a coach. I'm assuming he is gone all together. Everything is pretty tight lipped.

Flobbito

Quote from: Motownsportsfan on February 05, 2019, 09:31:51 am
I don't know for sure terminated as employee I just know he is no longer a coach. I'm assuming he is gone all together. Everything is pretty tight lipped.

That's probably a good thing, if he got terminated (from coachingat least) at this time, it has to be about something other than coaching, and just might be nobody's business but his and administration. My post above about his coaching record was a knee jerk reaction and probably unfounded, looking forward to a good district tournament. 

Special K

Well it looks like some more Liberals are at work at Wonderview.  Impeached the Coach before he could finish his term.  He had a 23-6 record and 15-1 Conference not to shabby in my book.  This guy right here is just to nice for his own good.
Best dressed Coach in the 1A Conference for sure.  Maybe in his next job he needs to trade in the suit and tie for a suit of Armor to prevent all the back stabbing Liberals from controlling his job.  Final Note,  At some point in the Administration when do you draw the line on sports being so much more than a good education.

scrapdig

Quote from: Special K on February 05, 2019, 10:15:44 am
Well it looks like some more Liberals are at work at Wonderview.  Impeached the Coach before he could finish his term.  He had a 23-6 record and 15-1 Conference not to shabby in my book.  This guy right here is just to nice for his own good.
Best dressed Coach in the 1A Conference for sure.  Maybe in his next job he needs to trade in the suit and tie for a suit of Armor to prevent all the back stabbing Liberals from controlling his job.  Final Note,  At some point in the Administration when do you draw the line on sports being so much more than a good education.
Wearing a suit and tie coaching 1a ball?  That's enough to fire a guy right there!

BlueBird4Life

Quote from: scrapdig on February 05, 2019, 10:47:17 am
Wearing a suit and tie coaching 1a ball?  That's enough to fire a guy right there!

I've always went by the motto, "Don't dress for the job you have, dress for the job you want."  Nothing wrong with wearing a suit and tie, no matter what classification you coach.

SackAttack

Quote from: Special K on February 05, 2019, 10:15:44 am
Boom! Shakalaka!! Boom!! Great first post!! Book learning was very important during Sacks 5 years in school!

scrapdig

Quote from: BlueBird4Life on February 05, 2019, 11:34:04 am
I've always went by the motto, "Don't dress for the job you have, dress for the job you want."  Nothing wrong with wearing a suit and tie, no matter what classification you coach.
LOL ok.  I immediately think this guy takes himself way too seriously

Woodrow1

Quote from: BlueBird4Life on February 05, 2019, 11:34:04 am

I miss the days of coaches looking sharp.  I'd love to see someone pull out the attire of Slick Rick McKinney. 

scrapdig

Quote from: Woodrow1 on February 05, 2019, 12:55:29 pm
I miss the days of coaches looking sharp.  I'd love to see someone pull out the attire of Slick Rick McKinney.
Never heard of him

SackAttack

Quote from: Woodrow1 on February 05, 2019, 12:55:29 pm
Go up to Northeast Arkansas and see one Brandon Brannomon from Bay!! Them high top Lebruns purple and gold untied last year at state was lit Sack thought or maybe it was because Sack was lit if you know what I mean

SackAttack

Quote from: scrapdig on February 05, 2019, 01:14:03 pm
Never heard of him
That just blew all your posting credentials on this board

Woodrow1

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas