• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 - 7A MONEY POLL

Started by 3 Dollar, March 23, 2018, 06:59:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

3 Dollar

March 23, 2018, 06:59:44 am Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 07:21:24 am by 3 Dollar
First and foremost, this poll is merely one person's opinion to generate casual conversation on a forum.  I watch a whole lot of softball during the spring.  However, I do not see all of these teams play.  I go by what I see, scores posted here on FF, MaxxPreps, and local and statewide newspapers.  I do not and will not remove a team from the polls at the request of another poster or coach.  Again these are just my opinion.  Have a blessed day and enjoy!

As of Spring Break:

1...Bentonville
2...North Little Rock
3...Bentonville West
4...Cabot
5...Bryant
6...Van Buren
7...Fort Smith Southside
8...Fort Smith Northside
9...Rogers
10..Little Rock Central

:-X

As of 4-1-2018:

1...Bryant
2...Bentonville West
3...Bentonville
4...Cabot
5...Rogers
6...North Little Rock
7...Van Buren
8...Fort Smith Southside
9...Conway
10..Fort Smith Northside

???

As of 4-8-2018:

1...Bentonville
2...Bryant
3...Bentonville West
4...Cabot
5...Rogers
6...North Little Rock
7...Conway
8...Van Buren
9...Fort Smith Southside
10..Rogers Heritage

::)

As of 4-15-2018:

1...Bentonville
2...Bryant
3...Bentonville West
4...Cabot
5...Rogers
6...North Little Rock
7...Conway
8...Rogers Heritage
9...Van Buren
10..Fort Smith Southside

:-*

As of 4-22-2018:

1...Bentonville
2...Bryant
3...Rogers
4...Cabot
5...Bentonville West
6...Conway
7...North Little Rock
8...Rogers Heritage
9...Fort Smith Southside
10..Van Buren

:'(

As of 4-29-2018:

1...Bentonville
2...Bryant
3...Rogers
4...Cabot
5...Bentonville West
6...Conway
7...North Little Rock
8...Fort Smith Southside
9...Rogers Heritage
10..Van Buren

:o

As of 5-6-2018:

1...Bentonville
2...Bryant
3...Cabot
4...Bentonville West
5...Rogers
6...Conway
7...Fort Smith Southside
8...North Little Rock
9...Rogers Heritage
10..Van Buren

;)

IAFLAR7

Quote from: 3 Dollar on March 23, 2018, 06:59:44 am
As of Spring Break:

1...Bentonville
2...North Little Rock
3...Bentonville West
4...Cabot
5...Bryant
6...Van Buren
7...Fort Smith Southside
8...Fort Smith Northside
9...Rogers
10..Little Rock Central

:-X
Are you just trying to be funny with Bryant at #5?

Mulerider4Life

I am surprised North Little Rock is as high as they are. They lost to 3A Harmony Grove.

Mulerider4Life

Yeah Bryant should be #1 in this poll.

roger94

1. Bryant
2. Bentonville
3. Cabot
4. North Little Rock
5. Bentonville West
6. Conway

IAFLAR7

Quote from: roger94 on March 26, 2018, 09:50:40 am
1. Bryant
2. Bentonville
3. Cabot
4. North Little Rock
5. Bentonville West
6. Conway
Quote from: Mulerider4Life on March 26, 2018, 09:44:24 am
I am surprised North Little Rock is as high as they are. They lost to 3A Harmony Grove.
Well, unless there is something I don't know, it's not like this is someone from the media actually keeping up with it. By slinging this mud against the wall, this person obviously does not commit any time to researching or watching any of these teams.

Mulerider4Life

roger94

1A to 7A in softball is not a huge jump like basketball or football. 3A HHG CAN play, period. They would beat most 7a teams on this list. 4A Bauxite beat Bentonville, so I guess Bentonville shouldn't be a top 5 team either? Don't get caught up in classification. I remember about 6 or 7 years ago that 2A Foreman beat everyone that occupied the other dugout, no matter what the population of what their town was.

Mulerider4Life

So classification does not matter much in softball, but I feel like it still makes a difference in baseball. Is it the way Softball is played? Just makes any team able to beat anybody?

softballdad#26

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on March 26, 2018, 01:53:49 pm
So classification does not matter much in softball, but I feel like it still makes a difference in baseball. Is it the way Softball is played? Just makes any team able to beat anybody?

The bigger schools just have more of a talent pool to pull from, To me that is the only difference in classification. It more about how that talent is used and weather or not the talent comes together to form a team. To me it should be easier at a smaller school to build that relationship needed to form a good team, as most of those girls have known and even played the game with each other their whole lives.

Mulerider4Life

But you don't always have the facilities to train and aid your players. Some small schools have some big money while others struggle to find funds.

IAFLAR7

Quote from: roger94 on March 26, 2018, 12:51:18 pm
1A to 7A in softball is not a huge jump like basketball or football. 3A HHG CAN play, period. They would beat most 7a teams on this list. 4A Bauxite beat Bentonville, so I guess Bentonville shouldn't be a top 5 team either? Don't get caught up in classification. I remember about 6 or 7 years ago that 2A Foreman beat everyone that occupied the other dugout, no matter what the population of what their town was.
Better yet, Bald Knob, when Humes was there, could beat anyone, anywhere - period. Probably the greatest pitcher in Arkansas' short fast pitch history.
That said, lets redirect this thread back to the original discussion, the 7A top 10.

Mulerider4Life

I wonder why Harding was so freaking good! Now she's at Kentucky.

3 Dollar

unw1red

Quote from: 3 Dollar on March 23, 2018, 06:59:44 am

As of 4-1-2018:

1...Bryant
2...Bentonville West
3...Bentonville
4...Cabot
5...Rogers
6...North Little Rock
7...Van Buren
8...Fort Smith Southside
9...Conway
10..Fort Smith Northside

???

Bentonville did beat Bentonville West in the championship game of the River City Rumble on Saturday, 2-1, but it was a time limited game. Had they went a full 7, who knows.

I do know that both Bentonville and Bentonville West are crushing HRs on a record pace this season. It would not surprise me to see both teams north of 40 each. Both teams are exciting to watch when you know a dinger can change the outcome with almost any batter. Of the usual starting nine for BWHS, all but one have at least one HR. Bentonville is a little less at six of the nine.

Sheridan did get the best of Bentonville in Van Buren and BWHS had a walk-off grand slam against Sheridan to avoid the same outcome.

7A-West will be exciting and the 7A State Tournament will be exciting for sure.

IAFLAR7

Landscape changed in 7A last night with "potential" season ending injury to Bryant's ace pitcher. Not that they were a clear favorite to win it all, but they were certainly in a very good position to do so. This opens it up for Bentonville to win it again or either BV West or Cabot to break through and win their first title.

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: IAFLAR7 on April 06, 2018, 01:00:31 pm
Landscape changed in 7A last night with "potential" season ending injury to Bryant's ace pitcher. Not that they were a clear favorite to win it all, but they were certainly in a very good position to do so. This opens it up for Bentonville to win it again or either BV West or Cabot to break through and win their first title.

What happend?

IAFLAR7

Per the Bryant Daily, she was rounding 3rd, stopped to go back and her knee gave out & she collapsed to ground. Couldn't even crawl back to 3rd.

3 Dollar

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: IAFLAR7 on April 06, 2018, 06:46:19 pm
Per the Bryant Daily, she was rounding 3rd, stopped to go back and her knee gave out & she collapsed to ground. Couldn't even crawl back to 3rd.

Wow, that suckksssss

3 Dollar

3 Dollar

3 Dollar

onet1m3

Should be some great match-ups next week in 7A state @ Cabot. Seems to me, anyone of 3 or 4 could get hot take the crown this year.  Bryant vs Conway to end central conference should be a thriller. Those 2 played a close one few weeks ago.

3 Dollar

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas