• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Batesville vs Alma

Started by MDXPHD, November 22, 2013, 09:38:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MDXPHD

3-0 Batesville.  I expect there to be a lot of defense and punting in this very exciting game.

DogsWin7

playmaker04

Batesville will dominate alma. 27-16

DogsWin7

MDXPHD

By beating them by 11 points, apparently.

DogsWin7

November 22, 2013, 10:01:12 pm #5 Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 10:03:45 pm by DiehardFBfan
I understand that but I was meaning Defensively? Does he think Batesville is better?

What part is Batesville better at than Alma in his opinion?   Sorry I didn't clarify. :)

MDXPHD

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on November 22, 2013, 10:01:12 pm
I understand that but I was meaning Defensively? Does he think Batesville is better?

What part is Batesville better at than Alma.?   Sorry I didn't clarify. :)

I think Alma has a great defense, but so does Batesville.  This will be a hard hitting game. Could be a boring one to watch, too ha.

playmaker04

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 22, 2013, 10:04:38 pm
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on November 22, 2013, 10:01:12 pm

What part is Batesville better at than Alma.?   Sorry I didn't clarify. :)

I think Alma has a great defense, but so does Batesville.  This will be a hard hitting game. Could be a boring one to watch, too ha.
defense and time of possession.

DogsWin7

What's their stats per game on time of possession this year?   

Defensive yardage and what player specifically or are you guessing?  Just curious :)

michael2370

OK tell me if I am wrong.  Beebe and Greenbrier .  The two teams in common.  I do not know about Alma but Batedville about had both of the teams mercy ruled by half time.

Batesville 35
Alma.         14

playmaker04

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on November 22, 2013, 10:14:52 pm
What's their stats per game on time of possession this year?   

Defensive yardage and what player specifically or are you guessing?  Just curious :)
I don't have to know the stats. I know that batesville wins games with that huge line and a fast defense. They win with holding the ball longer than the opposing team.ask wynne. Teams can't score if they don't have the ball. I'm not a batesville fan but I know by seeing them that they will be playing in the rock again this year.

DogsWin7

Everyone is aware that defense wins games.   Have you seen Alma play this year?

P.F.G.

Alma stand no chance in this one. Might as well just bring it in and call it a good season. Batesville plays really good D. We can't handle this at all.

Batesville 67
Alma 2

Batesville downs the ball in the endzone as time expires.

playmaker04

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on November 22, 2013, 10:33:27 pm
how bout your quote"alma wins". Lol,what's that? Plain and simple huh? Alma wins. Smart assessment there pal.

Go Postal

I like both of these teams.  Both smashmouth teams.  Batesville, because they are close to Harrison, seen them over the years and have proved that they are Championship material.  Alma, because they are from the West and I have seen them over the years, plus this year, showing Championship material.  I can see a Morrilton/Alma Championship game, but I can also see a Morrilton/Batesville game.  If Hope wins against Morrilton in the semis, I still see a East or West Championship.  Sorry, Hoghead.

DogsWin7

Quote from: playmaker04 on November 22, 2013, 10:42:51 pm
how bout your quote"alma wins". Lol,what's that? Plain and simple huh? Alma wins. Smart assessment there pal.

Look jack..... I simply stated that Alma would win.  You are the one who said Batesville will Dominate Alma.   You can't expect to make a statement like that and not have someone question it.  It's a message board deal with it.

I didn't make you answer all my questions.  You chose too.  However you avoided the one if you have seen Alma play pal?   

And yes I did make a smart assessment.

playmaker04

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on November 22, 2013, 10:55:03 pm

Look jack..... I simply stated that Alma would win.  You are the one who said Batesville will Dominate Alma.   You can't expect to make a statement like that and not have someone question it.  It's a message board deal with it.

I didn't make you answer all my questions.  You chose too.  However you avoided the one if you have seen Alma play pal?   

simmer down there slick. I watched the alma-shiloh game film. Batesville wins! Bbbbbbbbbatesville wins!

Go Postal

DH, he must know that you are a slick chick.  LOL

DogsWin7

Yes.....or if he watches game film how he watches who he posts towards then... Well you know ;)

Paw-Paw

Wow...slow down. Haha, we are going to take tonight to enjoy the victory. I'll have commentary about the game tomorrow. Haha

ahsalum

Quote from: playmaker04 on November 22, 2013, 11:06:16 pm
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on November 22, 2013, 10:55:03 pm

simmer down there slick. I watched the alma-shiloh game film. Batesville wins! Bbbbbbbbbatesville wins!

Batesville dominates is a dumb a s s statement. Period.

Don't make me mark this thread and then make you look like a fool this time next week.

Should be a great game. First team to 14 will probably win.

P.F.G.

Hope the alma field gets some sun. This could get nasty. Quick

playmaker04

Shut up Steve perry. Nobody cares what you think.

MDXPHD

Quote from: playmaker04 on November 22, 2013, 11:26:55 pm
Shut up Steve perry. Nobody cares what you think.

Why is this guy so upset tonight? Who lost that he wanted to win?

MHSGrad

playmaker04

I'm not upset. I was pulling for wynne and I picked alma over mills.  :-[

C-Mac 73

November 23, 2013, 05:44:36 am #26 Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 05:51:47 am by C-Mac 73
Baytzvull gonn punish... That one was Helena right? Lol. This game will be a defensive struggle. That's all I'm going to say for now.

Paw-Paw

Quote from: C-Mac 73 on November 23, 2013, 05:44:36 am
Baytzvull gonn punish

Nope. It'll be a low scoring affair especially from how bad that field got chewed up Friday night. Going to be a solid game. Haven't seen Batesville personally play since we last met in the playoffs in 2005.

C-Mac 73

Quote from: Paw-Paw on November 23, 2013, 05:52:10 am
Baytzvull gonn punish

Nope. It'll be a low scoring affair especially from how bad that field got chewed up Friday night. Going to be a solid game. Haven't seen Batesville personally play since we last met in the playoffs in 2005.
Ah yes, 2005. I remember that game well. I will be making the trip to this game. Very excited about it!!!

pantherblue

There will be some fierce hitting in this game.  I hope the one left standing has enough left for the championship game. 

The Future

I like the Alma Batesville matchup better than I do the Alma Camden one.
With both Alma and Batesville runnin the ball very well, it'll be a mid score game and the defenses are gonna need to step it up come the fourth quarter. Whichever team gets even the slightest bit tired, may end up costing them the game.

Here we go!
Alma 24
Batesville 21

bassfool

This should be a very good ole fashion physical game.Lots of defense in this one and for the person who said batesville will dominate one simply doesn t walk into Airdale stadium and dominate Alma.Batesville won t intimidate Alma anymore than PA intimidated Morrilton and forgive me but which conference still has the number 1 and 2 seeds left GO AIRDALES AND DEVIL DOGS lets mak it a west showdown in the rock.

The_Pioneer

When is Alma going to join the 20th century and get a turf field instead of a cow pasture field?

pioneerguru

Probably when they get their EXTREMELY NICE Basketball facility paid for

Paw-Paw

Quote from: The_Pioneer on November 23, 2013, 09:34:59 am
When is Alma going to join the 20th century and get a turf field instead of a cow pasture field?

Real Men Play On Grass

photographer

Quote from: C-Mac 73 on November 23, 2013, 06:09:39 am
Quote from: Paw-Paw on November 23, 2013, 05:52:10 am
Baytzvull gonn punish

Ah yes, 2005. I remember that game well. I will be making the trip to this game. Very excited about it!!!

Here you go C-Mac, something to watch and enjoy. 

Hoghead

Quote from: pantherblue on November 23, 2013, 06:18:47 am
There will be some fierce hitting in this game.  I hope the one left standing has enough left for the championship game.

The Hope Bobcats will be playing the winner of this game in Little Rock !!! Good Luck to both teams.

BillyJack™

Hh you can post that in as many threads as you like, but the Hope is no where near a shoe in. Personally, I think the top 4 are the true top four and looking at the playoffs thus far this is just a well rounding season. Least mistakes this coming week takes it to the show.

P.F.G.

Rumor has it turf will be here real soon. Hate to see you eastern Arkansas boys complain about a little mud;)

Paw-Paw

Quote from: P.F.G. on November 23, 2013, 12:01:22 pm
Rumor has it turf will be here real soon. Hate to see you eastern Arkansas boys complain about a little mud;)

That's because out of all their sponsors, CLOROX isn't one of them! ::)

Hoghead

Quote from: BillyJack™ on November 23, 2013, 11:59:31 am
Hh you can post that in as many threads as you like, but the Hope is no where near a shoe in. Personally, I think the top 4 are the true top four and looking at the playoffs thus far this is just a well rounding season. Least mistakes this coming week takes it to the show.

Did I say they were a shoe in ? Morrilton and others such as yourself tend to think Hope keeps winning with no talent. Hope pitched a shut out on Wynne. We all know Wynne is Wynne. They're a tradition rich football school like Alma & Batesville. Morrilton has a fine team as well. They're win over PA was no upset ! They won ! Point Blank...

It is in my opinion Hope will beat Morrilton due to the fact that they have more talent and there is no pressure on the HOME FIELD LADEN BOBCATS. Surely the Devil Dogs are a talented squad as well. But Hope has played against this calibur of talent in the 5A SOUTH all year. Morrilton HAS NOT ! 5A West members Greenbrier, Vilonia, Clarksville, Harrison & 70 point Shiloh were no challange to Morrilton. Hope will be a Alma like challange for the Devil Dogs.

Hope has played & BEAT more playoff advancing teams (8) than anyone left in 5A.
Ashdown*, Prescott, Nashville, WC, WH*, CF, Sylvan Hills & WYNNE. No one has played a tougher schedule, NOBODY !   Hope will beat Morrilton. Have a great game against Batesville.

BillyJack™

I can agree with everything you just posted with the exception of those like myself thinking Hope has no talent. As I clearly stated "Personally, I think the top 4 are the true top four and looking at the playoffs thus far this is just a well rounding season." May not be any super stars, but like Alma the teams left all have talent.

Paw-Paw

Quote from: BillyJack™ on November 23, 2013, 01:45:42 pm
I can agree with everything you just posted with the exception of those like myself thinking Hope has no talent. As I clearly stated "Personally, I think the top 4 are the true top four and looking at the playoffs thus far this is just a well rounding season." May not be any super stars, but like Alma the teams left all have talent.

I second that. The Bobcats have quietly gone through this bracket and season until the "upset" of Camden Fairview with hindsight possibly not being one at this stage. Alma, Batesville, Hope, and Morrilton all advanced here not by mere chance. This isn't some fluke, this is the Semifinals. Talent only gets a team so far. With these squads they not only have talent, but also execute disciple. On Friday Night any of these teams are deserving of playing for state. Any game could tip in the favor of the opposing team. There is no shame for the seasons these squads have procured.

So for those that still think these teams have no talent, wake up. If you are a fanatic about the game of football, then you should realize just what it took to get here: Teamwork.

walkingguy72396

For sure all the teams left have talent.

Hope beat CF, I'd have to say the best win on their resume.

Batesville the same.

Alma's win over Morrilton looks really huge right now.

Then of course Morriton out scoring PA.

Could all of these teams repeat those Key wins time after time.  I think not which is why these are some great match-ups.  Wish I could watch each one.

Hoghead

I'd just like to say Hope didn't upset Camden Fairview. They beat them ! Congrats to Alma, Batesville & Morrilton.

Paw-Paw

Quote from: Hoghead on November 23, 2013, 03:14:30 pm
I'd just like to say Hope didn't upset Camden Fairview. They beat them ! Congrats to Alma, Batesville & Morrilton.

At the time it was considered an upset. As stated though, hindsight, it was not. ;D

Intelligentsia

Quote from: Paw-Paw on November 23, 2013, 02:27:11 pm
Quote from: BillyJack™ on November 23, 2013, 01:45:42 pm

I second that. The Bobcats have quietly gone through this bracket and season until the "upset" of Camden Fairview with hindsight possibly not being one at this stage. Alma, Batesville, Hope, and Morrilton all advanced here not by mere chance. This isn't some fluke, this is the Semifinals. Talent only gets a team so far. With these squads they not only have talent, but also execute disciple. On Friday Night any of these teams are deserving of playing for state. Any game could tip in the favor of the opposing team. There is no shame for the seasons these squads have procured.

So for those that still think these teams have no talent, wake up. If you are a fanatic about the game of football, then you should realize just what it took to get here: Teamwork.

^+1

michael2370

If this game comes down to field goals my picks on Batesville. There kicker is something else.  He is one of the biggest examples of why Batesville pulled it off against Cf.

Paw-Paw

Quote from: michael2370 on November 23, 2013, 06:53:37 pm
If this game comes down to field goals my picks on Batesville. There kicker is something else.  He is one of the biggest examples of why Batesville pulled it off against Cf.

Alma's is confident as well. Kid has a lot of game time and even kicked a game winner against Russelville a season ago.

AT

Alma's kicker kicked two FG's (about 30 yards?) in the mud last night and wind.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas