• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Westfork vs. Prescott Poll Vote

Started by Wolfpack, November 26, 2006, 06:17:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win and go to State?

Prescott
28 (54.9%)
Westfork
23 (45.1%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Wolfpack

November 26, 2006, 06:17:46 pm Last Edit: November 26, 2006, 06:22:52 pm by Wolfpack
Go Wolves Go

Democracy Rules, The Peoples choice. ;D

wolf_country

We will see.   Where is West Fork located in the state.

SuperGumby

Quote from: wolf_country on November 26, 2006, 08:16:47 pm
We will see.   Where is West Fork located in the state.
Just south of Fayetteville (10 miles).... Drive to Fayetteville on I-540 doing 90 mph... your ticket will surely have WEst Fork stamped on it :)

MA

Quote from: SuperGumby on November 26, 2006, 08:42:41 pm
Just south of Fayetteville (10 miles).... Drive to Fayetteville on I-540 doing 90 mph... your ticket will surely have WEst Fork stamped on it :)

haha lol thats the truth

billsweeter

Quote from: SuperGumby on November 26, 2006, 08:42:41 pm
AMEN to that.

Daytrain

Is the game at West Fork?  and when is it?
I think i will attend that game.

SuperGumby

At Prescott - Can't wait to see what a Curley Wolf is <shrug>
Quote from: Daytrain on November 28, 2006, 12:21:45 pm

qbsisi1

well i asked what a curly wolf was and rerun said it was a wolf with a man perm so i still cant figure it out.
Quote from: SuperGumby on November 28, 2006, 12:31:45 pm
At Prescott - Can't wait to see what a Curley Wolf is <shrug>
Quote from: Daytrain on November 28, 2006, 12:21:45 pm

stina_ar

football2

Here ya go.

How the Curley Wolves Got Their Name

HOW THE CURLEY WOLVES GOT THEIR NAME
(Clipped from September 24, 1933, issue of the ARKANSAS GAZETTE)

About a dozen years ago, the Prescott team was scheduled to play the Little Rock High School Tigers here on Saturday afternoon. The GAZETTE's Sports Editor was out of the city, and one of the reporters was assigned to interview Coach Quigley of Little Rock Friday afternoon and to write an article about the impending game.

Quigley told the reporter that the Prescott lads were very tough, and that he expected a hard game. But in putting the idea on paper, the reporter used an unfortunate expression. He said that the Tigers wre expecting a "good workout" which was totally different from the idea that Quigley had in mind.

On the following Saturday, the Prescott team proceeded to administer a handsome beating to the Little Rock lads.

About nine that night a Western Union messenger brought to the news editor's desk the following message from Prescott.

"What do you think of the workout we gave your Tigers this afternoon? Prescott High School Football Team."

When the news editor recovered from the shock, he wrote a few paragraphs intended to be humorous in which he expressed the idea that the Little Rock athletes had received a fine workout indeed. He expressed relief that the workout had been no more strenuous because if it had been, Little Rock wouldn't have had any football team left, and there were quite a few games remaining on the schedule. Over it, he wrote the following headline about the Prescott football team:

WE THINK THAT THE BOYS ARE CURLEY WOLVES

On the following Monday, morning assembly exercises at Prescott High School were turned into a celebration of the victory. The GAZETTE article and accompanying headline were read, and by unanimous vote "Curley Wolves" was adopted as the football team's official nickname.

They've been Curley Wolves ever since.

SuperGumby

So what was the name b4 Curley Wolves?
Quote from: football2 on November 28, 2006, 02:35:38 pm
Here ya go.

How the Curley Wolves Got Their Name

HOW THE CURLEY WOLVES GOT THEIR NAME
(Clipped from September 24, 1933, issue of the ARKANSAS GAZETTE)

About a dozen years ago, the Prescott team was scheduled to play the Little Rock High School Tigers here on Saturday afternoon. The GAZETTE's Sports Editor was out of the city, and one of the reporters was assigned to interview Coach Quigley of Little Rock Friday afternoon and to write an article about the impending game.

Quigley told the reporter that the Prescott lads were very tough, and that he expected a hard game. But in putting the idea on paper, the reporter used an unfortunate expression. He said that the Tigers wre expecting a "good workout" which was totally different from the idea that Quigley had in mind.

On the following Saturday, the Prescott team proceeded to administer a handsome beating to the Little Rock lads.

About nine that night a Western Union messenger brought to the news editor's desk the following message from Prescott.

"What do you think of the workout we gave your Tigers this afternoon? Prescott High School Football Team."

When the news editor recovered from the shock, he wrote a few paragraphs intended to be humorous in which he expressed the idea that the Little Rock athletes had received a fine workout indeed. He expressed relief that the workout had been no more strenuous because if it had been, Little Rock wouldn't have had any football team left, and there were quite a few games remaining on the schedule. Over it, he wrote the following headline about the Prescott football team:

WE THINK THAT THE BOYS ARE CURLEY WOLVES

On the following Monday, morning assembly exercises at Prescott High School were turned into a celebration of the victory. The GAZETTE article and accompanying headline were read, and by unanimous vote "Curley Wolves" was adopted as the football team's official nickname.

They've been Curley Wolves ever since.

crmorrow24

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas