• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Watson Chapel @ White Hall

Started by GuvHog, October 13, 2014, 04:09:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GuvHog

Being a WC fan, I'm not very optimistic about this one. Would love to see the Cats win but the odds aren't in their favor. Opinions??

Absolut

How are the odds not in their favor?

GuvHog

October 13, 2014, 04:30:56 pm #2 Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 04:34:17 pm by GuvHog
Quote from: Absolut on October 13, 2014, 04:10:18 pm
How are the odds not in their favor?

As much as it pains me to say it, White Hall is pretty well loaded and playing at home while WC....isn't. Let's put it this way: If WC beats White Hall at White Hall, I will put WC back in my poll at #10. I just don't see it happening.

Lionheart88

Watson Chapel has lost to White Hall the last three years, and the Bulldogs have this one at home.  I just hope they don't get overconfident.  A rivalry game should never be overlook-able, but it's easy to look at Chapel's record and say "They're 2-4 and their only victories are against Hope and DeQueen."  But this is one of those games where you throw out the record books.  If Chapel wins this one they could finish the season 3-7 and still call it an ok year.  If White Hall loses, they could go 7-3 and make a playoff run, but when they look back on the season it'll always be "Yeah, but we lost to Chapel."  Should be a battle come friday night.

GhostofRosswoodCC

GUVHOG = realist/  He knows what's coming

Absolut = Rick Schaffer/ He is the one who that says every year Crapel has a huge fast offensive line and will win it all every year.

White Hall will continue its domination of Crapel.  No worries about White Hall looking past Crapel.
The most fun a White Hall football player has all year is beating Crapel.   Football Christmas for White Hall players.

Friday Gonna be Fun    Good Luck To ALL!!

God Bless our troops

GuvHog

Quote from: GhostofRosswoodCC on October 13, 2014, 06:03:32 pm
GUVHOG = realist/  He knows what's coming

Absolut = Rick Schaffer/ He is the one who that says every year Crapel has a huge fast offensive line and will win it all every year.

White Hall will continue its domination of Crapel.  No worries about White Hall looking past Crapel.
The most fun a White Hall football player has all year is beating Crapel.   Football Christmas for White Hall players.

Friday Gonna be Fun    Good Luck To ALL!!

God Bless our troops

Just remember, y'all have to come to WC next year when talent and experience wise, the shoe will be on the other foot.

Lions84

wing

Quote from: Lions84 on October 14, 2014, 11:31:29 am
WC in a upset over White Hall.

Don't think so. WH Sr. QB is the difference. One tough dude! 41-20 WH.

Absolut

I'm struggling to understand why white hall is some prohibitive favorite? They've played like crap They've be underwhelming the entire season. Now they're supposed to run over the best defense they will have played all year? No sir won't happen

Lionheart88

8 points according to Hootens.  One score is hardly prohibitive.

Absolut

But I see other posters predicting blowouts. Neither team has looked like a championship team this far no doubt but my goodness people just dismiss WC chances. Hey ought to be a good game but I like the way our offense line has come together over the past 3 weeks and I'm predicting we'll win the ballgame

Big Fan

Quote from: Absolut on October 14, 2014, 08:19:15 pm
I'm struggling to understand why white hall is some prohibitive favorite?
The less intelligent often do struggle.   

Absolut

Man take your sorry Monticello supporting butt back to the 4A board. No matter of fact get off fearless Friday completely until Monticello becomes relevant this season. Have they even won a game? All you do is troll around other topics to see what you can stir up. Monticello is horrible and  you have no topics to talk about. Until Monticello becomes relevant again save your CRACK POSTS to yourself.

Big Fan

Quote from: Absolut on October 14, 2014, 11:02:44 pm
Man take your sorry Monticello supporting butt back to the 4A board. No matter of fact get off fearless Friday completely until Monticello becomes relevant this season. Have they even won a game? All you do is troll around other topics to see what you can stir up. Monticello is horrible and  you have no topics to talk about. Until Monticello becomes relevant again save your CRACK POSTS to yourself.
Panties in a wad again? 

Grond

Good to know the old WH-WC rivalry is alive and well!

At least since the early '80's when I played (Coach Vaughn was the Of-coord).  Or since the mid '50's when my dad played.

Go Bulldogs! Blood makes the grass grow! Get'em, Get'em!

Lionheart88

Here we are.  Biggest game of the year is tonight.

Overdahill

Quote from: Lionheart88 on October 17, 2014, 11:31:29 am
Here we are.  Biggest game of the year is tonight.

Hope not for your sake😄

Lionheart88

It doesn't matter how far these teams go, tonight is the game of games.  White Hall could lose but go on to a deep playoff run, Chapel could win and then lose out and miss the playoffs, and for the next year all we White Hall folks would hear around town is "Yeah, but the Wildcats beat y'all, didn't they?"

Overdahill

Ok then good luck. At least WC has quieted down this year. It used to wear me out hearing about planned world dominance based on jr high teams past performance

GuvHog

Quote from: Overdahill on October 17, 2014, 02:58:52 pm
Ok then good luck. At least WC has quieted down this year. It used to wear me out hearing about planned world dominance based on jr high teams past performance

Oh the Jr. high team is still doing really well but in recent years, that hasn't helped the Sr. High program any. Hopefully that will change in the future.

Overdahill

Quote from: GuvHog on October 17, 2014, 03:56:52 pm
Quote from: Overdahill on October 17, 2014, 02:58:52 pm

Oh the Jr. high team is still doing really well but in recent years, that hasn't helped the Sr. High program any. Hopefully that will change in the future.

Actually I hope so too. It's more interesting when WC is in the thick of things

Lionheart88

Chapel strikes first with a long run around the right end.  7-0 Wildcat lead with 10-11 left in the opening quarter.

Lionheart88

After stopping Chapel on 4th down, White Hall drives 65 yards, capping it off with a twelve yard TD run by Kirk Baugh.  7-7 with 0:27 to play in the opening quarter.

Lionheart88

Chapel RB squirts through for about 50, setting the Wildcats up deep in Bulldog territory.  They score 2 plays later to make it 14-7 with 2:44 remaining before halftime.

Lionheart88

On a White Hall pooch punt, a Chapel player squirts through, takes it off Baugh's foot and runs all the way for a TD.  21-7 Cats lead with 1:11 in the half.

AT

Lionheart88

Halftime, same score.  Chapel's speed is really hurting us.  Even against Camden we were able bust some big plays, but so far we haven't been able to get much against Chapel.

Lionheart88

Surprised to hear the Chapel band with quite a bit of canned music and sound effects in their halftime show.  Unusual choice.

Intelligentsia

Watson Chapel finally woke up.  After watching them early, I thought they would do well.  Hope they can keep it up in the second half!!

Lionheart88

White Hal RB Anderson with a HUGE return of the opening kickoff to the Chapel 20.  Just what the Bulldogs needed to open the half.

Lionheart88

The drive goes nowhere, but the Bulldogs do come up with 3 points.  Cats lead 21-10 with 10:03 remaining in the 3rd.

Lionheart88

Chapel marches down and scores again.  When we do manage to catch them we can't seem to bring them down.  28-10 Chapel with 8:57 remaining in the 3rd.

Lionheart88

Bulldog defense starting to show some life.  Two tackles for loss in the last three plays.  But the other would've been a sure TD had the receiver not dropped the pass.

Lionheart88

Finally the big play we've been looking for all night!  Kirk Baugh hits Devin Buckner wide open deep for a 52 yard TD strike.  Failla's extra point makes it 28-17 Cats with 3:44 left in the 3rd.

Lionheart88

I was just thinking how clean the Cats had been playing, no turnovers all night.  Then they threw a pick, giving the Bulldogs 1st and 10 on the Chapel 39.

Lionheart88

Baugh with another 12 yard TD scramble.  28-24, Cats lead narrowly with 11:54 to go in the ballgame.

Lionheart88

Then the Cats run the kickoff back for a TD.  35-24 Cats.  11:43 remaining

Lionheart88

Again a shifty WC RB squirts through the middle 32 yards for a score.  42-24 Cats lead, 8:43 remaining.

Lionheart88

Bulldogs score, miss the 2.  42-30 Chapel lead with 2:15 remaining.

Lionheart88

Injured Wildcat, looks like he's walking off with some assistance.  Hope he's alright.

Lionheart88

Credit to Chapel, aside from that one INT they played very clean football all night, few penalties.  I don't know why they ever passed, we could hardly catch their RBs all night, and when we did we had trouble bringing them down.  They earned the win tonight, good luck the rest of the year.

By the way, is it true the rumors I've been hearing that y'all are starting a soccer program?  I'd be happy to see this rivalry take off in two more sports.

Hoggy

Quote from: Lionheart88 on October 17, 2014, 10:04:54 pm
Credit to Chapel, aside from that one INT they played very clean football all night, few penalties.  I don't know why they ever passed, we could hardly catch their RBs all night, and when we did we had trouble bringing them down.  They earned the win tonight, good luck the rest of the year.

By the way, is it true the rumors I've been hearing that y'all are starting a soccer program?  I'd be happy to see this rivalry take off in two more sports.
Do they have any hispanics?

Lionheart88

A few, I'm sure, not that it matters that much.

Oh by the way, after looking at the conference standings, I will take solace in the fact that we scored more against Chapel's defense than anyone but Batesville and PB.  We just didn't stop them either...

Majique™

Heard there was a helicopter visit prior to the game...what did it drop - golf balls???

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas