• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Wynne Yellowjackets

Started by MDXPHD, October 13, 2014, 03:50:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Which team would have the best chance at beating Wynne?

Batesville
12 (27.3%)
Pulaski Academy
11 (25%)
Maumelle
1 (2.3%)
Sylvan Hills
0 (0%)
Conway
0 (0%)
Mississippi State
3 (6.8%)
Baltimore Ravens
2 (4.5%)
No team can beat Wynne.  Ever.
15 (34.1%)

Total Members Voted: 44

MDXPHD

October 13, 2014, 03:50:03 pm Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 03:53:42 pm by MDXPHD
I'm not sure if anyone can beat them, maybe this poll can help me clear things up.

DogsWin7

No one can.  Period.

I like your thread! :)

walkingguy72396

Wynne is the favorite.

Why?  Returning nearly an entire defense that had a good 2013 season.  So far this season has given up one so called  legit touchdown, that I call plain dumb luck.  Due too it taking a ball with eyes that got through 3 Jacket defenders before the reciever caught it, followed by a short run for a td.

Returning almost all players on an offense that averaged over 30 pts a game.  Including the famous 20-0.  Shut-out pitched by the Hope Bobcats.
Is averging 48.5

Uncle Ivan

I've seen better trolling on the jr. high board.

The_Pioneer

PercussionMan

No one in 5A should touch them this year...Chris Hill likely wins that elusive first state title...UNLESS, Pulaski Academy somehow figures how to take care of business at home in the state semifinal showdown that looks highly likely to happen.

MDXPHD

Quote from: The_Pioneer on October 13, 2014, 05:20:14 pm
I say the Seahawks might.

Considered them, but then realized that the Cowboys beat them.  So I doubt it.  And I mean the 2000 Ravens. 

DogsWin7

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on October 13, 2014, 05:19:35 pm
at least they haven't brought up pee-wee championships yet....but PA should start whining soon...:)

WPWells

DogsWin7

Shhhhh......don't tell that on the big boy board!   

How many trophies you got??  :)

MDXPHD

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on October 13, 2014, 05:19:35 pm

I'll try to do better for you Ivan. I know your expectations are high for trolls. Sorry to let you down sir.

DogsWin7

Did you just call Ivan....sir?? 

MDXPHD

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on October 13, 2014, 10:09:54 pm

Yes. He always shows respect to other members of this board so I need to reciprocate it.  :D

playmaker04

Quote from: PercussionMan on October 13, 2014, 05:28:02 pm
No one in 5A should touch them this year...Chris Hill likely wins that elusive first state title...UNLESS, Pulaski Academy somehow figures how to take care of business at home in the state semifinal showdown that looks highly likely to happen.
P.A. defense won't stop Wynne. PA hasn't played a defense like Wynne and won't until then. Not the old pass defense of Campbell's teams that gave up 408 yards receiving to one receiver for Stuttgart in the 01 title game that Wynne won anyway 34-33.

DogsWin7

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 13, 2014, 10:40:11 pm

Yes. He always shows respect to other members of this board so I need to reciprocate it.  :D

What does he have on ya??  ;)     

Intelligentsia

Wynne will score on each of their 10 opportunities.  Wynne's time of possession 52 minutes.  Batesville will fail to make a single first down.  Jackets 70, Pioneers 0. 

MDXPHD

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on October 14, 2014, 02:57:10 pm

Haha, nothing. He just isn't near as vocal this year as he was last year. Probably because they got roasted last year and he's still bitter. 

MDXPHD

Quote from: Intelligentsia on October 14, 2014, 03:28:34 pm
Wynne will score on each of their 10 opportunities.  Wynne's time of possession 52 minutes.  Batesville will fail to make a single first down.  Jackets 70, Pioneers 0.

Strong possibility.

DogsWin7

October 14, 2014, 07:27:19 pm #18 Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 07:34:00 pm by DiehardFBfan
Quote from: MDXPHD on October 14, 2014, 06:42:57 pm

Haha, nothing. He just isn't near as vocal this year as he was last year. Probably because they got roasted last year and he's still bitter.
No one can figure out Ivan....that's why he's fun!  :)

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: playmaker04 on October 14, 2014, 10:41:34 am
Not the old pass defense of Campbell's teams that gave up 408 yards receiving to one receiver for Stuttgart in the 01 title game that Wynne won anyway 34-33.

That's because they couldn't simulate a solid passing attack for the defense to practice against.

Slade Camp was one of the better route runners I've ever seen.  Not great speed, but precise and caught anything in his direction.

Hoghead

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 14, 2014, 06:42:57 pm

That 21-0 still has him chasing cars !

Overdahill

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 13, 2014, 03:50:03 pm
I'm not sure if anyone can beat them, maybe this poll can help me clear things up.
[/quote

Question: does Wynne have any/many players going both ways? Any key players? this may be a factor in my vote

walkingguy72396

There are some on both sides of the ball.  However, I do not think its many, only one that I'm sure of and he's not on D or O, every single play.

Overdahill

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on October 15, 2014, 12:43:46 pm
There are some on both sides of the ball.  However, I do not think its many, only one that I'm sure of and he's not on D or O, every single play.

They may not hold up against Miss State with many going both ways.  :D

#1jacketfan

They have one kid playing both....

Overdahill

Quote from: #1jacketfan on October 15, 2014, 01:13:29 pm
They have one kid playing both....

Sounds like depth not an issue. Nice for them but not so nice for their opponents

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Overdahill on October 15, 2014, 12:50:43 pm

Yeah, I think Baltimore might eventually wear them down in the 4th... :)

#1jacketfan

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on October 15, 2014, 01:33:47 pm
Quote from: Overdahill on October 15, 2014, 12:50:43 pm

Yeah, I think Baltimore might eventually wear them down in the 4th... :)
Lol!

justalionfan

they have a few kids. A couple play WR and DB. last week one of our LB played WR/RB but he never touched the ball.

wynnefootballfan

It is mostley out of play design and experimenting than necessity. The roster is deep enough and talented enough that no one would have to play both if they did'nt want them to.

Overdahill

The last time I saw Wynne live was 2006 semi vs PA. One of the most entertaining well played HS games I ever saw. PA got "one pointed" the same way in the final by Greewood. Talent was pretty even between those 3 that year. It sounds like Wynne may have the talent edge on everyone else this year

walkingguy72396

2006 PA vs the Jackets was one heck of a football game.

I still say that first foot came down on the line.

Excuse matrix continues.

playmaker04

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on October 15, 2014, 05:21:53 pm
2006 PA vs the Jackets was one heck of a football game.

I still say that first foot came down on the line.

Excuse matrix continues.
wasn't it like 58-57 PA? We had them 4th and long several times and they would convert. Never punted did they?

playmaker04

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on October 14, 2014, 08:20:07 pm
Quote from: playmaker04 on October 14, 2014, 10:41:34 am
Not the old pass defense of Campbell's teams that gave up 408 yards receiving to one receiver for Stuttgart in the 01 title game that Wynne won anyway 34-33.

That's because they couldn't simulate a solid passing attack for the defense to practice against.

Slade Camp was one of the better route runners I've ever seen.  Not great speed, but precise and caught anything in his direction.
your right. Passing teams always gave us some trouble. But Slade Camps performance was one of the best I've seen by a receiver.

ahsalum

Quote from: playmaker04 on October 16, 2014, 08:12:31 am
But Slade Camps performance was one of the best I've seen by a receiver.

I just suddenly had nightmarish flashbacks.......

walkingguy72396

I do  not remember the exact score.  Just that PA did execute a punt in that game.

Also that they had the ball at the end of the game and looked like they could of scored again.  But decieded to run the clock out.

playmaker04

Quote from: Steve Perry on October 16, 2014, 08:44:36 am
Quote from: playmaker04 on October 16, 2014, 08:12:31 am
But Slade Camps performance was one of the best I've seen by a receiver.

I just suddenly had nightmarish flashbacks.......
yeah. We went for it on 4th and 2 late in the game and Deangelo got 3 to seal it. If we turn it over there we lose cause we had no answer for camp.

justalionfan

I remember that game. I worked out on the river and I called my folks. The placed the phone next to the radio so i could listen to the game. KWYN radio announcer kept saying, This is the best team that money could buy

JacketDad

Quote from: justajacketfan on October 16, 2014, 10:55:34 am
I remember that game. I worked out on the river and I called my folks. The placed the phone next to the radio so i could listen to the game. KWYN radio announcer kept saying, This is the best team that money could buy
And the "University of Pulaski Academy".

playmaker04

I believe former hog Broderick Green played on that team.

Overdahill

yes, he did. I think it was 43-42

Hoghead

Quote from: playmaker04 on October 16, 2014, 11:07:35 am

Brodrick Green, The All Time leader in 1 yard runs in Arkansas Razorback history ! He does have a 99 yard TD run to his credit that will never be broken.

ahsalum

The nightmarish flashback I was referring to was when he came to Alma that year in the playoffs and had like 18 or 19 receptions.

We had no answer. It was sort of like watching someone get 50 lashes with a cane pole.

playmaker04

justalionfan

Quote from: JacketDad on October 16, 2014, 11:00:21 am
Quote from: justajacketfan on October 16, 2014, 10:55:34 am
And the "University of Pulaski Academy".

YUP!!!!!
That's the first time I have ever him get that vocal able another team and the officals

playmaker04

FD4

Yep he did, "Well Folks, Wynne just got beat by the best team money can buy!"

justalionfan

Quote from: FD4 on October 16, 2014, 02:58:13 pm
Yep he did, "Well Folks, Wynne just got beat by the best team money can buy!"

Yup, that was it

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: playmaker04 on October 16, 2014, 01:03:42 pm
Lendle knew what was up lol.

He knew exactly what was up.  A lot of us did, down to names and numbers.

Still wasn't the time or the place over live radio.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: playmaker04 on October 16, 2014, 11:07:35 am

Green didn't do much after that wicked hit he took early on.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas