• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Batesville @ Wynne

Started by Jacketalum07, October 08, 2014, 05:30:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MDXPHD

Quote from: The_Pioneer on October 12, 2014, 07:14:06 pm
It's settled.  Wynne is completely unbeatable.  It's true because some kid that just recently showed up says.

Rumor is, they ordered their rings after they beat Marion.

saywhatsaywhat

October 12, 2014, 07:46:11 pm #51 Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 07:50:32 pm by saywhatsaywhat
Quote from: Intelligentsia on October 12, 2014, 12:12:43 am
Quote from: #1jacketfan on October 11, 2014, 04:14:12 pm
Batesville don't have a clue what's about to happen to them Friday nite....they don't have what it's gonna take to stop Wynne....I only wish we were playing on there turf...so there wouldn't be any excuses when Wynne rolls over them..i don't know if Wynne will hang 50 on them...but I don't think Batesville will score...unless Hill puts the sophomores in!

Neither team knows what will happen Friday night - makes it more exciting, don't you think?  Has any Batesville fan mentioned stopping Wynne - I don't recall seeing that post.  I wish we were playing in Batesville as well but the schedule has been fixed for some years.  Home teams do have an advantage - and with these two, the home team has won the past few years.  Wynne won't score unless Batesville has there sophomores in either.

Did you say Wynne will not score unless Batesville has their sophomores in? Are you serious? That was a joke right? ???

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: ricefarmer on October 12, 2014, 05:58:00 pm
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on October 12, 2014, 04:38:08 pm
Quote from: ricefarmer on October 12, 2014, 02:48:55 pm
wynne will mercy rule.  plus, all those fb players coming off a slap on the hand suspension for brawling at school.  just in time!  guess the CHiPs are all in now! 

Must be killing you inside.
just smh

Maybe you can go pose as someone from Greenwood or moron about some women's athletic building.

Again.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 12, 2014, 07:19:58 pmRumor is, they ordered their rings after they beat Marion.

One for the thumb.

Hoghead

Quote from: kwwolves2012 on October 12, 2014, 06:44:22 pm
Quote from: C-Mac 73 on October 11, 2014, 10:48:00 pm
LOL at some of these predictions. I see that some Wynne fans have gotten cocky. Looks like Uncle Ivan has unleashed a bunch of troll offspring from his loins.

Batesville's defense isn't letting Wynne score 50, and the Pioneers aren't getting blown out.

Again, Wynne 34-24. I think that's fair.

I doubt Coach Hill plays conservative this game. The last game at home against GCT, he let loose and let our QB light up the scoreboard with down field throws. Plus, Wynne gets their leading receiver from last year back, #80. VV only gave up 20 to FC, and Wynne had a 200 yard rusher (in the first half) and 39 points in a wet, nasty game. Once again, Batesville only scored 23 on FC yet they are going to score 24 on Wynne's defense, at home? I don't see that happening. Too much athleticism in the secondary, and Batesville fans have admitted that they have a weakness on the O-Line and at running back.

Lighten up, it was GCT ! People in Comas & The Mortuary could score on them !!!

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Hoghead on October 12, 2014, 07:54:54 pm

Nah, I think Teck's defense could stiffen up enough.

michael2370

Wynne is good, but I do not understand how after playing  teams that are going to struggle to win a few games much less make the playoffs. Makes the the best of the best.  No Batesville is not as big as they have been, but they make it up with speed and a great pass defense.  Batesville has been tested by talent.  Teams that look to make the playoffs.  We beat them all but one 6a school.  Batesville may not win but it will be close and Wynne's qb Will be scrambling all night.

Intelligentsia

October 12, 2014, 08:16:04 pm #57 Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 08:18:01 pm by Intelligentsia
I don't think Batesville will score...unless Hill puts the sophomores in!
[/quote]

Neither team knows what will happen Friday night - makes. t more exciting, don't you think?  Has any Batesville fan mentioned stopping Wynne - I don't recall seeing that post.  I wish we were playing in Batesville as well but the schedule has been fixed for some years.  Home teams do have an advantage - and with these two, the home team has won the past few years.  Wynne won't score unless Batesville has there sophomores in either.

Did you say Wynne will not score unless Batesville has their sophomores in? Are you serious? That was a joke right? ???
[/quote]

Yep, That's what I said!   Batesville has sophomores starting all over - linebacker, secondary, defensive line (as well as on offense).  So when Wynne scores, they will score against our sophomores:) 

#1jacketfan

Hope there kicker dont get hurt....he's there only chance of getting on the board...

kwwolves2012

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on October 12, 2014, 07:59:22 pm

Had nothing to do with Tech's defense. Our QB threw strikes down the field on decent man coverage. He can sling it when given the chance. And that was with a stiff breeze.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: kwwolves2012 on October 12, 2014, 10:41:39 pm

Had nothing to do with Tech's defense. Our QB threw strikes down the field on decent man coverage. He can sling it when given the chance. And that was with a stiff breeze.

I don't see Wynne's OL protecting the QB enough against such a superior defense.

Hoghead

Quote from: kwwolves2012 on October 12, 2014, 10:41:39 pm

There is no such thing as DECENT MAN COVERAGE being played at GCT ! If GCT was playing on the beach, they couldn't cover their feet with sand !!!!

AAAAA...EAST...JACKETS

Quote from: #1jacketfan on October 12, 2014, 08:33:35 pm
Hope there kicker dont get hurt....he's there only chance of getting on the board...

AGREE 100%.....I saw the Batesville/Paragould game and listened to the Batesville/FC game on the radio.  Batesville is no where close to what they once was.  They keep falling back to their 21 points in the Jonesboro game....Wynne would have gave Jonesboro a run for their money.

Hope your FG kicker stays healthy this week.......42-3...No first half touchdowns and the 3 counting against the second team Defense.

justalionfan

To all Batesville fans. The PTSA will be serving chili in cafeteria for $5. starts at 5:00. come on out and get you a bowl of chili and enjoy a great football game between two teams. Go Jackets

Intelligentsia

Quote from: justajacketfan on October 13, 2014, 08:35:04 am
To all Batesville fans. The PTSA will be serving chili in cafeteria for $5. starts at 5:00. come on out and get you a bowl of chili and enjoy a great football game between two teams. Go Jackets

Thanks for the invitation!  Another reason to think the game will be a gas:)

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Intelligentsia on October 13, 2014, 10:33:47 am

Don't do it. It's a set up. lol...just joking

justalionfan

October 13, 2014, 11:27:29 am #66 Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 03:16:29 pm by justajacketfan
Quote from: Youngsta71701 on October 13, 2014, 10:45:02 am
Quote from: Intelligentsia on October 13, 2014, 10:33:47 am

Don't do it. It's a set up. lol...just joking

How do you think Cf  beat us in Wynne? They are the only team to beat us in Wynne since Hill has been Head Coach!! CF stop and ate before they got here and didn't eat our chili :) ;D

Silver88

I don't have a horse in this race, neither from Wynne or Batesville but here is my opinion since thats what a forum is all about. Wynne has a really good defense, and really fast backs. The QB as we all know is D1. Batesville is not as loaded as in recent years but probably is the second place team in the league (although IMHO Nettleton is pretty close). If Batesville can cover the pass then Wynne will still beat you up the middle. Once those backs break past the LBs or around the corner you better have someone with 4.5 speed or its a long gainer or a TD. Personally I think if Batesville could stop the run that Wynne cant beat you with the pass. Sure the QB can chunk the ball but his distance is better than his accuracy. He is good dont get me wrong but its distance over accuracy in my opinion. With all that being said, Wynne will still win by 3 TDs, 35-14. Dont get me wrong their coach has no where the grace or compassion of Don Campbell, he will hang as many on you as he can and if he could hang 60 on Batesville he will, just don't think that will be the case so I am going with a 21 point win. Hats off to Wynne they have a really good team....best in the state...maybe, but they will have to prove that before I am sold. Havent see PA play but people are talking about them the same way people are talking about Wynne. If they ever play and the game is at Wynne I definitly will go to see it! Best of luck to all teams and praying for an injury free season for all teams.

FD4

Wynne....48.5 points per game

Defense....Giving up only 8.7 points per game, #1 unit only 6 points this season and
              that includes holding VV on a first and goal from the Wynne 3 yard line.
Rushing....240 yards per game
Passing....224 yards per game 
Combined....464 yards per game
Red Zone Offense....64%
Turn Over Ratio....Plus 6
Other Stats....6 fumble recoveries, resulting in 3 TD's
                    6 interceptions, resulting in 1 TD
                    5 onside kick recoveries
                    11 QB sacks

Now, all that and a quarter still wont buy you a cup of coffee.  But when you consider, had Coach Hill elected to play the first team Defense all season, there would be 5 shut outs and one team having only scored one TD against us.  I also get the feeling that in no game video, be it on hu.. or hoo.... or on here, has anyone seen the likes of the offense that has been made ready for Batesville.  Not by a long shot.  And yeah, like one poster put it, if Coach can hang 60 on Batesville, its coming, and if all he can do is hang 6 on Batesville, its coming too.

Last part, whether its us or yall, one of these two teams has got to take state this season for the East's sake, agreed? OK, lets play ball and good luck.

mijally

...against the weakest schedule in 5a by far.  5 teams and some woman from MS named Rosa with a combined record of 11-27. I haven't seen this many cupcakes since my son's 5 yr old birthday party at Chucky Cheese.

justalionfan

Quote from: mijally on October 13, 2014, 03:04:34 pm
...against the weakest schedule in 5a by far.  5 teams and some woman from MS named Rosa with a combined record of 11-27. I haven't seen this many cupcakes since my son's 5 yr old birthday party at Chucky Cheese.

Don't worry, y'all will get to play cupcake flavor GCT, VV, and BLYTHEVILLE soon and we will get to play  FC, NETTLETON, and PARAGOULD. Then after we meet at War Memorial, we can celebrate at Chucky Cheese.

Intelligentsia

Quote from: mijally on October 13, 2014, 03:04:34 pm

Now that's just pretty funny - I don't care who you're rootin' for:). The difference is, however, Wynne has taken care of all there cupcakes as would be expected and Batesville has not.  That said, I will be shocked it Wynne rolls against Batesville.  My guess is Wynne by 18.  That a one TD advantage playing at home plus another 11 because they have more talent/experience.

MDXPHD

Wynne ordered state champs shirts week 2.  They are seriously unbeatable.  You read it above, they would have given Jonesboro more of a game than Batesville.  We know this because...well, we don't have a valid reason.  They certainly would have had 5 shutouts because nobody in the world can score on their first team defense. They are Wynne, and they are the best just because...and they absolutely hate using logic.  It has it's place in the world, just not in Wynne.

walkingguy72396

...against the weakest schedule in 5a by far

I can accept it being the weakest.  But the weakest, by a large margin.  That I do not accept.  They played two Schools a division up. 

I really can under-stand not being impressed by the Jackets due to who they have beaten by a wide margin so far. 

Finally get too see the Jackets matched against a team that is being ranked as a fellow top 5 team.  Still  a Jacket  win probably will  not impress the doubters due to Batesvilles last two games.

MDXPHD

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on October 13, 2014, 03:47:04 pm

I can accept it being the weakest.  But the weakest, by a large margin.  That I do not accept.  They played two Schools a division up. 

I really can under-stand not being impressed by the Jackets due to who they have beaten by a wide margin so far. 

Finally get too see the Jackets matched against a team that is being ranked as a fellow top 5 team.  Still  a Jacket  win probably will  not impress the doubters due to Batesvilles last two games.

Marion doesn't count as a division up opponent because of how horrible they are.  It's the weakest in 5a so far, without a doubt.

justalionfan

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 13, 2014, 03:51:54 pm
Quote from: walkingguy72396 on October 13, 2014, 03:47:04 pm

Marion doesn't count as a division up opponent because of how horrible they are.  It's the weakest in 5a so far, without a doubt.

He wasn't talking about Marion.

FD4

It took Batesville an entire game to hang 50 on Searcy, heck, Wynne did it in two quarters.

FD4

While we're at it, explain to me the trouble Batesville had against Paragould, I mean, by all rights, yall should have blown them out, but it looks like the score indicated the Neers were just a score away from fighting for their life in OT, against the Rams, no disrespect, but the Rams?  And whats with the lack of offense against Forrest City?  The Mustangs have already claimed that they are coming after Wynne with guns blazing this time.  Who knows, when all this dust clears out, Wynne and Batesville may finish 3 and 4.  Ya think? My goodness, a 7 point win against Paragould, come on man give me a break.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Silver88 on October 13, 2014, 01:39:23 pm
Dont get me wrong their coach has no where the grace or compassion of Don Campbell, he will hang as many on you as he can and if he could hang 60 on Batesville he will

Don Campbell would hang a sixty spot every now and then.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: FD4 on October 13, 2014, 04:18:03 pmThe Mustangs have already claimed that they are coming after Wynne with guns blazing this time.

They always say that.

Problem is, FC usually has the talent to play up every time this game comes around.

Silver88

Quote from: FD4 on October 13, 2014, 02:31:25 pm
Wynne....48.5 points per game

Defense....Giving up only 8.7 points per game, #1 unit only 6 points this season and
              that includes holding VV on a first and goal from the Wynne 3 yard line.
Rushing....240 yards per game
Passing....224 yards per game 
Combined....464 yards per game
Red Zone Offense....64%
Turn Over Ratio....Plus 6
Other Stats....6 fumble recoveries, resulting in 3 TD's
                    6 interceptions, resulting in 1 TD
                    5 onside kick recoveries
                    11 QB sacks

Now, all that and a quarter still wont buy you a cup of coffee.  But when you consider, had Coach Hill elected to play the first team Defense all season, there would be 5 shut outs and one team having only scored one TD against us.  I also get the feeling that in no game video, be it on hu.. or hoo.... or on here, has anyone seen the likes of the offense that has been made ready for Batesville.  Not by a long shot.  And yeah, like one poster put it, if Coach can hang 60 on Batesville, its coming, and if all he can do is hang 6 on Batesville, its coming too.

Last part, whether its us or yall, one of these two teams has got to take state this season for the East's sake, agreed? OK, lets play ball and good luck.
No arguement here East all the way!

Silver88

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on October 13, 2014, 05:18:10 pm
Quote from: Silver88 on October 13, 2014, 01:39:23 pm
Dont get me wrong their coach has no where the grace or compassion of Don Campbell, he will hang as many on you as he can and if he could hang 60 on Batesville he will

Don Campbell would hang a sixty spot every now and then.
[/quote
If he did it was because the second team offense was just that much better than the other teams 1st string defense. It sure wouldn't have been running the two minute drill offense while up 26-0 with less than 2 minutes left in the half. He would have been running right up the gut on the ground (of course in my opinion Wynne had a better chance of scoring on a long run than a pass anyway against VV). I actually think he was just a little miffed that they didn't have the mercy rule in place by halftime against a definitely over matched VV.

Uncle Ivan

I do recall hanging 75 on Tech, then 60-something a year later.

Of course, that 75 game was a strange one.

Intelligentsia

Quote from: FD4 on October 13, 2014, 04:18:03 pm
While we're at it, explain to me th
e trouble Batesville had against Paragould, I mean, by all rights, yall should have blown them out, but it looks like the score indicated the Neers were just a score away from fighting for their life in OT, against the Rams, no disrespect, but the Rams?  And whats with the lack of offense against Fo

t City?  The Mustangs have already claimed that they are coming after Wynne with guns blazing this time.  Who knows, when all this dust clears out, Wynne and Batesville may finish 3 and 4.  Ya think? My goodness, a 7 point win against Paragould, come on man give me a break.

Very poor game, no doubt.  It appeared to be a combination of issues, a few key injuries on offense an defense, weather preventing an effective passing attack (on which we now rely), uninspired play, and several young and inexperienced players.  We are not as strong on the lines, but they looked better against FC.  I'm see overall improvements in the lines from early in the season.  If they continue to improve even in a loss to Wynne, that's o.k.  They still have time to improve enough to make a run in the playoffs, and that's the measure of the season for Batesville at this point. 

football3223

I get that everyone think Wynne is this and that but, who have they played that is a good solid team? The Neers have already played Nettleton and Forrest City both of which are  playoff teams, in my opinion. Definitely don't forget the Pioneers were tied up at half with a very very good Jonesboro team and they could have been up had there not been a blow call on a fumble. Bottom line is Batesville's seen good teams and had to respond accordingly. If Wynne isn't careful they could walk into the game with their heads too high and get punched in the throat. Still gonna be a great game but, don't count the Neers out just yet.

saywhatsaywhat

Why do everyone keep saying Wynne has not played anyone? There is no excuse for not scoring "any points". Blytheville although they have lost games at least scores, West Memphis although they have lost games at least scores, Tech has been the same for years but still at least they score. And I guess I just imagined VV on the 6 yard line and still no score. The defense is playing 3 up 3 down and tackling like pros.

Hoghead

Quote from: saywhatsaywhat on October 14, 2014, 06:28:08 am
Why do everyone keep saying Wynne has not played anyone? There is no excuse for not scoring "any points". Blytheville although they have lost games at least scores, West Memphis although they have lost games at least scores, Tech has been the same for years but still at least they score. And I guess I just imagined VV on the 6 yard line and still no score. The defense is playing 3 up 3 down and tackling like pros.

Wynne is a very good team. The teams they have beat are average to below average. Its not Wynnes fault those teams are below par. This is typical for the 5A East. Batesville or Wynne wins that conference almost every
year.  About every 6 or 7 years FC or Blytheville pop up and win the conference when Wynne is down. It is what is, Wynne hasn't played any competitive teams.

justalionfan

Quote from: saywhatsaywhat on October 14, 2014, 06:28:08 am

Blytheville did not score any points

justalionfan

October 14, 2014, 08:00:29 am #88 Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 08:29:49 am by justajacketfan

#1jacketfan

Wynne has got a very good football team this year and everybody is well aware of it....there defense is the fastest defense Ive seen....and Ive seen a lot of high school football....with that being said Batesville will be prepared for this game...should be a good game...in my opinion I just dont think the Pioneers will be able to get it done this year and if they dont it wont be any front page news...both of these teams represent the east well every year.....some years its Batesville and some years its Wynne....big deal! I dont understand why people are crying about the Jackets dominating everybody this year!
Get over it!!

MDXPHD

Quote from: #1jacketfan on October 14, 2014, 08:19:24 am
Wynne has got a very good football team this year and everybody is well aware of it....there defense is the fastest defense Ive seen....and Ive seen a lot of high school football....with that being said Batesville will be prepared for this game...should be a good game...in my opinion I just dont think the Pioneers will be able to get it done this year and if they dont it wont be any front page news...both of these teams represent the east well every year.....some years its Batesville and some years its Wynne....big deal! I dont understand why people are crying about the Jackets dominating everybody this year!
Get over it!!

Nobody is crying about it.  Wynne is the best team that Arkansas has seen in the last century.  I don't think there is a team in the country that can hang with them.  They're too big and fast.  I really don't think anyone can score on their first team defense at all.  Wynne has already proven they are the best team in the state with so many signature wins this season.

Batesville has nothing to lose.  They are expected to lose.  This is like ASU vs Arkansas. 

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 14, 2014, 09:39:38 am
Get over it!!

Nobody is crying about it.  Wynne is the best team that Arkansas has seen in the last century.  I don't think there is a team in the country that can hang with them.  They're too big and fast.  I really don't think anyone can score on their first team defense at all.  Wynne has already proven they are the best team in the state with so many signature wins this season.

Batesville has nothing to lose.  They are expected to lose.  This is like ASU vs Arkansas. 

We just don't troll on here like we used to.

#1jacketfan

There not big but they are fast.....

Intelligentsia

Should be a good game.  The weather will be great, cool and little wind.  This assists the Pioneers in an out of character year in which they have to use the run to set up the pass; opposite their usual m.o. 

MDXPHD

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on October 14, 2014, 09:42:03 am
Get over it!!

Speaking of, why so quiet this year?

#1jacketfan

What about Batesville's Jr.High...what r they looking like this year.....I gotta drive up there thur nite.....wondering what to expect?

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 14, 2014, 09:59:32 am
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on October 14, 2014, 09:42:03 am
Get over it!!

Speaking of, why so quiet this year?

Staying busy, busy, busy.  Making money.

justalionfan

the way i look at it is, this group of seniors beat Batesville in 9th grade. we went undefeated in jr high that year. that is the last time Wynne beat Batesville in jr high. (wait until Thursday night) I know you can't look at the past, but I do think Batesville would love nothing but to play the spoiler and give Wynne a big fact 1. Batesville would be the 1 in Wynne's 6-1 record. I honestly do not think Batesville is going to win, but i'm not going to sit here and blast Batesville about it. Everyone keeps saying that Winning the EAST 1 seed will be a tough road to Little Rock because of PA. I'm here to tell you, PA is not the team we need to worry about, Sylvan Hills is the team to worry about. They keep quietly winning games and going under the radar. I agree with the old saying, "One Game at a Time", and we all know that this is the game both Wynne and Batesville had circled in every year. No matter who wins or loses lets make sure we kick PA and SH right in the butt in the playoffs.

pioneerguru

Quote from: #1jacketfan on October 14, 2014, 10:05:25 am
What about Batesville's Jr.High...what r they looking like this year.....I gotta drive up there thur nite.....wondering what to expect?
They have not lost this year and have won like 18 or so in a row without a loss

Lions84

Wynne will beat them by 21 points this week. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas