• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Batesville @ Wynne

Started by Jacketalum07, October 08, 2014, 05:30:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pioneerguru

justalionfan

Quote from: Lions84 on October 14, 2014, 11:30:56 am
Wynne will beat them by 21 points this week.

you talking about the Jr. high or Sr. high?

pioneerguru

Quote from: justajacketfan on October 14, 2014, 11:37:01 am

you talking about the Jr. high or Sr. high?
He was asking about the JR. High

michael2370

Batesville junior high is on a 18 game unbeaten streak.

#1jacketfan

Thats pretty good.....wynne lost there jr high running back two weeks ago from a broken foot....has Batesville played VV jr high yet?

pioneerguru

Not yet, I think we play them the last game

michael2370

They have played two jonesboro schools. Vandycamp and McArthure.

Intelligentsia

BJHS is on a roll.  With a very good offensive line, two big, tough running backs, and a QB who can scramble and throw, they are pretty salty.  Their defense is good, though at times they have struggled stopping the run. Oh, and they have a young man who can put points on the board with a FG if they get stuck in the red zone.  No Oz, but not bad for junior high.   I will certainly be in the stands for this one since I may have to watch the St. High game inline.

justalionfan

October 14, 2014, 03:23:25 pm #108 Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 04:20:54 pm by justajacketfan
Quote from: Intelligentsia on October 14, 2014, 03:15:59 pm
BJHS is on a roll.  With a very good offensive line, two big, tough running backs, and a QB who can scramble and throw, they are pretty salty.  Their defense is good, though at times they have struggled stopping the run. Oh, and they have a young man who can put points on the board with a FG if they get stuck in the red zone.  No Oz, but not bad for junior high.   I will certainly be in the stands for this one since I may have to watch the St. High game inline.

Here is my question... Is there any Childress's on the team??? I dont even know if I spelled it right

michael2370

#1jacketfan

Well Wynne's jr high is pretty good...they have lost one game.....they lost there running back to a broke foot and he was a beast.
There QB is good and scramble under pressure...and has lighting speed...I hope its a good game!

Intelligentsia

Quote from: michael2370 on October 14, 2014, 05:59:42 pm
Yes there is

Is he Elijah younger brother?  I would imagine him to be around 14.  If so, as a little guy he was stockier than Eli.  What position does he play?

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Intelligentsia on October 14, 2014, 07:01:40 pm
I would imagine him to be around 14.

Which, coincidentally, is approximately the same number of Childress tailbacks.

michael2370

I am not sure to which part of the childress family this individual is from.  He like the rest of this junior high group is to me unusually large .  I do not mean fat.  There height and size of the lines look like it belongs starting on the high school.  They have speed .  They even have a kicker that is descent. 

justalionfan

sure is quiet on here. Guess the saying is true, "it's always calm before the storm"

#1jacketfan

Quote from: justajacketfan on October 15, 2014, 03:56:33 pm
sure is quiet on here. Guess the saying is true, "it's always calm before the storm"
Lol....we can get it stirred up if u want.....wont take much!

The_Pioneer

It's hard to argue when both sides believe Wynne will be the victor.  I guess you boys finally got tired of arguing with us to that effect.

#1jacketfan

Lol.....hey lets just all meet at half time in the south end zone.....and we can just discuss it there ;D

The_Pioneer

Good lord, you think I would drive to Wynne, on purpose?

#1jacketfan

U must not be a real fan......

The_Pioneer

Nah, just a grown up with more interesting things to do on a Friday night.  Plus, I can watch it online and not have to get Wynne stink on me.

michael2370

Kind of funny Wynne's bragging about how good they are about how good they are against teams that will not see post season.  Hootens only gives them a 4 point advantage over Batesville.  The points normally goes to home team so even Hootens is not very impressed by there willing the bottom feeders of this years classification.

walkingguy72396

#1jacketfan

We don't have to brag...we'll let the game speak for itself and as far as the spread goes they only had us by 10 over the Chickasaws and by 14 over Rosa Fort...go figure....

michael2370

They have also had a rep. At those games minus the Mississippi game .  There has been one to most Batesville games to.  Maybe they know something.

Intelligentsia

I suspect the opposite will be the case, but time will tell:). Can't wait for tomorrow night!! 

Intelligentsia

The Pioneers will have to get their win tomorrow night with the Jr. High:).  I'll wait for the senior rematch at war memorial for the Pioneers to upset the Jackets.

Overdahill

Quote from: michael2370 on October 15, 2014, 07:13:22 pm
Kind of funny Wynne's bragging about how good they are about how good they are against teams that will not see post season.  Hootens only gives them a 4 point advantage over Batesville.  The points normally goes to home team so even Hootens is not very impressed by there willing the bottom feeders of this years classification.

I don't recall exactly how it translates but hootens uses a code in point spreads. 4 "hootens" points would be more like 2 tds in real projected points. Someone else may recall in more detail

Hoghead

Wynne wins this one at the Turfed Trailer Park. Crown them the 2014 5A East Champs !

#1jacketfan

Lol....should look like home to u then!

playmaker04

Batesville.. The Buffalo Bills of high school football. Or if you're old like me,the Minnesota Vikings.

MDXPHD

Quote from: playmaker04 on October 16, 2014, 08:05:18 am
Batesville.. The Buffalo Bills of high school football. Or if you're old like me,the Minnesota Vikings.

I'm not old, but I am with you on the Vikings.  98 was the time that they actually should have won and didn't even play in it.

playmaker04

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 16, 2014, 12:49:45 pm
Quote from: playmaker04 on October 16, 2014, 08:05:18 am

I'm not old, but I am with you on the Vikings.  98 was the time that they actually should have won and didn't even play in it.
I'm aggravating Batesville folks lol. Unlike Buffalo and Minnesota Batesville is 1-4 in title games I believe. Bills and vikings 0-4

FD4

Sure hope the Batesville staff has prepaired for the Wynne offense.  I know we have been working hard on stopping the Batesville run game.  I just dont know if we can or not.  I did notice a little different approach in practice this week though.

X  X  X  O  X  X  X
                                                         X
                                                      X    X
                                                         X

Sleep Well Thursday Night!

justalionfan

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: FD4 on October 16, 2014, 03:06:12 pm
Sure hope the Batesville staff has prepaired for the Wynne offense.  I know we have been working hard on stopping the Batesville run game.  I just dont know if we can or not.  I did notice a little different approach in practice this week though.

X  X  X  O  X  X  X
                                                         X
                                                      X    X
                                                         X

The 27 Trap - why not?

The_Pioneer

X  X  X  O  X  X  X
                                                         X
                                                      X    X
                                                         X

If you spend your time working on stopping our run game...well...carry on.  Probably a good idea.

MDXPHD

X  X  X  O  X  X  X
                                                         X
                                                      X    X
                                                         X

You shouldn't have to work too hard to stop the run game.  It's the pass game that Batesville excels at this season.

michael2370

Tall fast Qb at Batesville.  Tall receivers that catch everthing.  Almost looks like they belong as a 5 a west team.  Keep on working on stopping the run.  Batesville is more of a pass team this year. 

The_Pioneer

Quote from: michael2370 on October 16, 2014, 06:30:41 pm
Almost looks like they belong as a 5 a west team.

Hey, there's no need to be ugly about it. 

michael2370

At the half Batesville junior high 14-0 over Wynne junior high.  Wynne junior high has not had a first down the first half.

Go Postal

Tall fast Qb at Batesville.  Tall receivers that catch everthing.  Almost looks like they belong as a 5 a west team.  Keep on working on stopping the run.  Batesville is more of a pass team this year. 
Quote from: The_Pioneer on October 16, 2014, 06:42:51 pm
Almost looks like they belong as a 5 a west team.

Hey, there's no need to be ugly about it. 
LOL!  You never know what the AAA will do each cycle changes.

The_Pioneer

Someday, the Central might even have more than one team worth a dang.

Intelligentsia

The Jr. Jackets defense played quite well, limiting the Jr. Pioneers to 16,  Their lack of execution on offense, combined with a hard hitting Pioneer defense kept the Jackets off the scoreboard.  19 consecutive wins for BJHS!  A little speed, size, and discipline make this another good group moving up next year.

Blazer51

Quote from: Intelligentsia on October 16, 2014, 08:55:12 pm
The Jr. Jackets defense played quite well, limiting the Jr. Pioneers to 16,  Their lack of execution on offense, combined with a hard hitting Pioneer defense kept the Jackets off the scoreboard.  19 consecutive wins for BJHS!  A little speed, size, and discipline make this another good group moving up next year.

Congrats! I am ready to see them play vv.

PioneerMan73

I'm just going to put it out there Wynne hasn't played anybody with the talent that Batesville has! Coach Smith has got that defense running strong right now and the pioneers passing game is on point right now the pioneers are the more phisical team in this matchup to we all know that this game is going to be for the district championship of the 5A east! I definitely have batesville in this one because they are more physical and mentally tougher in this key matchup!

playmaker04

Quote from: PioneerMan73 on October 16, 2014, 10:49:55 pm
I'm just going to put it out there Wynne hasn't played anybody with the talent that Batesville has! Coach Smith has got that defense running strong right now and the pioneers passing game is on point right now the pioneers are the more phisical team in this matchup to we all know that this game is going to be for the district championship of the 5A east! I definitely have batesville in this one because they are more physical and mentally tougher in this key matchup!
come on man,do you really believe that? More physical? Mentally tougher? Wynne's defense will shut you down tomorrow night. Batesville Bills scores 14 on the sub's. Way to go for it all on your first post tho,lol.

Go Postal

No disrepect to any team...

I think that Wynne has done a fabulous job on the teams that they played this year, but I didn't think they were that good of a team last year when they played a injured West Shiloh Christian team in the 1st round.  But are looking like they could be the real deal this year.

Batesville has made it to State Runner-ups in the last three years.  Last year they beat a great West team in the semis, but lost to a West team in the finals.  Great accomplishment on being the 2nd best team out of 32 teams playing in the last 3 straight years.

Both are great 5A teams.  You have my vote in the top 5.  Good Luck to both teams in this East game.

(side note:  until the playoffs begin) ;)

Go Postal

Quote from: PioneerMan73 on October 16, 2014, 10:49:55 pm
I'm going to make a prediction.  I like both teams, but Pioneers OZ makes the winning point by kicking a 53+ yard point FG, making him pass Harrison on 52 yard FG to get the 5th or better in the State record.  Wishful thinking, but it can happen.  Soccer does have it's aspect in the other sports.

Good Luck to both teams!

Intelligentsia

Quote from: Blazer51 on October 16, 2014, 10:14:41 pm
Quote from: Intelligentsia on October 16, 2014, 08:55:12 pm

Congrats! I am ready to see them play vv.

Should be a great game!!  Has Valley View lost a game this year?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas