• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Batesville @ Wynne

Started by Jacketalum07, October 08, 2014, 05:30:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacketalum07

I know this game is next Friday but what's everyone think about it? Wynne 35 Batesville 17!

PercussionMan

Quote from: Jacketalum07 on October 08, 2014, 05:30:04 pm
I know this game is next Friday but what's everyone think about it? Wynne 35 Batesville 17!

Wynne by 100.  Okay...maybe Wynne by "only" 3-4 TDs. 

michael2370

This year Batesville may struggle.  They are having trouble running the ball and stopping the run.  They seem to be lacking size on the line.

tmycjy

Hey not trying to start something let worry about the game we got this week what people don't under stand is that batesville got a big game with Forrest city and WYnne got a key game with Valley view reamber FC is 2-0 in east and VV is 1-1 in east

The_Pioneer

Wynne.  Forever and without ceasing.

kwwolves2012

Had this game been at Batesville, I think you might have seen a close game. Wynne doesn't lose at home though. You know the players would like nothing more than to run all over Batesville. The Pioneers are just overmatched in every way (besides kicker).

I've got Wynne 49-10

The_Pioneer

Well, almost never lose at home.  There ain't no flags!!

kwwolves2012

Quote from: The_Pioneer on October 08, 2014, 08:43:46 pm

I was meaning since we got Chris Hill :P . We have only lost at home to Camden Fairview in the semifinals a couple years ago.

walkingguy72396

Batesville needs to take care of business this Friday or they might end up like the 2013 Stangs on the out-side looking in.

Jayepea

I would like to see Wynne this one!

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Jacketalum07 on October 08, 2014, 05:30:04 pm

The anticipation is killing you huh...lol
Forrest City's not gonna be a cake walk for Batesville. If nothing else they have the athletes to compete.

playmaker04

FD4

This game will be like an old old rock-n-roll song.   "Here comes your 19th nervous breakdown".  Between these two teams and coaching staff's, its always a good game no matter how lop sided or how close it gets.  Somebody gets beat and somebody goes to WM@LR.

wing

35-17 jackets. But being the E2 this year may not be a bad thing.

justalionfan

Intelligentsia

Quote from: FD4 on October 09, 2014, 09:51:49 am
This game will be like an old old rock-n-roll song.   "Here comes your 19th nervous breakdown".  Between these two teams and coaching staff's, its always a good game no matter how lop sided or how close it gets.  Somebody gets beat and somebody goes to WM@LR.

With a Wynne win, the door to a rematch at WM is slightly ajar - a wee yet discernible crack:)

C-Mac 73

Quote from: The_Pioneer on October 08, 2014, 08:43:46 pm
Still gives me chills.

justalionfan

C-Mac, expect a call from me this week.

C-Mac 73

Everybody seems to be talking about a close win over Paragould and a loss to Jonesboro like those games are the definition of Batesville's season.

Let's look at the other four games for a sec.

@Watson Chapel... Won 34-6
Searcy................. Won 51-7
Nettleton.............. Won 34-3
Forrest City........... Won 23-6

Yes, the o-line/running game has struggled a bit. Those guys aren't as big and nasty up front as some of the past teams have been. However, this year, the quarterback/wide receivers are much better than those of teams past. Offensively, they'll figure it out and coach to the strengths of the team, regardless. That's what you're seeing now.

Defensively... giving up no more than seven points in the four games above vs. some pretty solid competition. This defense is playing like a Batesville defense and it will only get better.

Anyone who thinks Wynne is going to walk all over Batesville is going to be in for a surprise. The Pioneers are getting better, as they always do over the course of a long season. They aren't as far along as Wynne is right now. I understand that, but as I said in the preseason, I think these two teams could meet again in War Memorial Stadium.

With that said...

Leaving my bias behind...

And knowing personally how difficult it is to win in the delta...

My prediction is...

For now...

Wynne 34, Batesville 24.

kwwolves2012

Quote from: C-Mac 73 on October 10, 2014, 11:46:20 pm
Everybody seems to be talking about a close win over Paragould and a loss to Jonesboro like those games are the definition of Batesville's season.

Let's look at the other four games for a sec.

@Watson Chapel... Won 34-6
Searcy................. Won 51-7
Nettleton.............. Won 34-3
Forrest City........... Won 23-6

Yes, the o-line/running game has struggled a bit. Those guys aren't as big and nasty up front as some of the past teams have been. However, this year, the quarterback/wide receivers are much better than those of teams past. Offensively, they'll figure it out and coach to the strengths of the team, regardless. That's what you're seeing now.

Defensively... giving up no more than seven points in the four games above vs. some pretty solid competition. This defense is playing like a Batesville defense and it will only get better.

Anyone who thinks Wynne is going to walk all over Batesville is going to be in for a surprise. The Pioneers are getting better, as they always do over the course of a long season. They aren't as far along as Wynne is right now. I understand that, but as I said in the preseason, I think these two teams could meet again in War Memorial Stadium.

With that said...

Leaving my bias behind...

And knowing personally how difficult it is to win in the delta...

My prediction is...

For now...

Wynne 34, Batesville 24.

Don't know how you are going to score more than you did against Forrest City. Wynne's defense is simply the best that I've ever seen here. Especially at home. I don't expect Batesville to top 17 points with an O-line and running back core that will be torn up by Wynne's front 7. 

Intelligentsia

If the running game, led by our QB, can establish any threat,  the Pioneer aerial attack could do some damage.  The other aspect that gives me some hope is Oz.  If we can get the ball to the 30, we are pretty confident in at least 3 points.  That can loom large in any game.  That said, the realistic prediction is Batesville 26 (2td+4fg), Wynne 35.  If the ball bounces for the pioneers, an upset is a possibility.

MDXPHD

Has Wynne played one good team this season? Honest question..

brown2010

wynne 48 -12 and ur not good either

MDXPHD

Quote from: brown2010 on October 11, 2014, 07:38:16 am
wynne 48 -12 and ur not good either

I'm not good? At what? I don't think you know me, but I guess everyone can have an uneducated opinion about something.

Wynne won't blow Batesville out by 35-40 points.  That just won't happen.  I say Wynne gets the W by 14 or so.

That being said, back to my original question: Has Wynne played any good teams this year? It doesn't look like they have.  The only good team, in my opinion, that Batesville has played is Jonesboro.

Hoghead

walkingguy72396

I've only been able to catch the West Memphis, Blytheville and Valley View games.

Honestly I rate all 3 of them about the same. 

I do not know why Valley View, has had trouble scoring or why they took the ball out of number 11's hands.  I do not think their scoring drought is going to last much longer.

Other than non-conference, the teams that Wynne plays first generally finish the season at 5,6,7,8.  Batesville gets to play the 4,3, then gets to fight Wynne for one and 2.  Then cruises by the 5,6,7,8. 

AAAAA...EAST...JACKETS

Jackets 2nd team defense the whole second half.....

42-3    Batesville's best player on the field will have their only score.

The_Pioneer

Intelligentsia

Quote from: AAAAA...EAST...JACKETS on October 11, 2014, 10:26:03 am
Jackets 2nd team defense the whole second half.....

42-3    Batesville's best player on the field will have their only score.

Seriously?  Wynne may be very good but not that good.  Considering their opponents thus far it is hard to tell how good they are.  Wynne by a max of 21, and I doubt it will be that much. 

walkingguy72396

Wynne is hard to read.

I think this week the game they have been waiting on since last seasons beat down.

Will have them fired up.  Batesville best put that fire out early or it will be a short night.

The Future

Wynne has showed no signs of slowing down while Batesville is looking like it might not make it 4 in a row at state. Which I think might be a good thing. Don't wanna be the Batesville Bills.

Bold prediction. Wynne hangs 50 on Batesville

Wynne 52
Batesville 14

Blazer51

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on October 11, 2014, 09:54:32 am
I've only been able to catch the West Memphis, Blytheville and Valley View games.

Honestly I rate all 3 of them about the same. 

I do not know why Valley View, has had trouble scoring or why they took the ball out of number 11's hands.  I do not think their scoring drought is going to last much longer.

Other than non-conference, the teams that Wynne plays first generally finish the season at 5,6,7,8.  Batesville gets to play the 4,3, then gets to fight Wynne for one and 2.  Then cruises by the 5,6,7,8.

We have hardly any returning starters, I believe we are using a 3rd string an and 3rd string running back unless we have gotten them back. Along with only 1 returning skill guy and 2 linemen. 

Intelligentsia

Quote from: The Future on October 11, 2014, 12:59:14 pm
Wynne has showed no signs of slowing down while Batesville is looking like it might not make it 4 in a row at state. Which I think might be a good thing. Don't wanna be the Batesville Bills.

Wynne 52
Batesville 14

Bold indeed.  The last time the Batesville defense gave up 50 (53) was to a great Greenwood team at WM in 2011.  Don't think I'd wager a lot on scoring 50.  Even if the Jackets have the ability to do so, unless it's a shootout (which is highly unlikely), I doubt the Wynne coach would want to put 50 on the board simply out if respect. 

The Future

Quote from: Intelligentsia on October 11, 2014, 01:11:13 pm

Wynne 52
Batesville 14

Bold indeed.  The last time the Batesville defense gave up 50 (53) was to a great Greenwood team at WM in 2011.  Don't think I'd wager a lot on scoring 50.  Even if the Jackets have the ability to do so, unless it's a shootout (which is highly unlikely), I doubt the Wynne coach would want to put 50 on the board simply out if respect.

This is the same coach that put 64 on Marion and 63 on Greene Tech?

Intelligentsia

Quote from: The Future on October 11, 2014, 01:20:53 pm
Quote from: Intelligentsia on October 11, 2014, 01:11:13 pm

Wynne 52
Batesville 14

This is the same coach that put 64 on Marion and 63 on Greene Tech?

Those may have been unavoidable (second string scoring).

MDXPHD

Wynne will not beat Batesville by 40.  It just won't happen.  Everyone is gauging Wynne on their wins vs cupcake teams.  Sure, they keep winning convincingly.  Wynne is probably the top team in the state, but putting up 50 against Batesville won't happen either.  Batesville is too disciplined. 

I think Wynne was 5-1 last year going into the Batesville game and we heard all of this non-sense. 

Wynne's Schedule:
Marion: 0-6
FRT: 2-6
WM: 2-4 (over FC and Marion)
Blytheville: 4-2 (lost to nettleton by 13)
GCT: 1-5
VV: 2-4 (wins against Mountain Home and Paragould.

11-27 with one team having a winning record. 

Batesville:
WC: 1-4 (probably one of the toughest 4 game schedules to open the season)
Searcy: 3-3 (easy schedule)
Jonesboro: 4-2 (only losses to NLR and Conway, by far the best team on either of these two team's schedules)
Nettleton: 4-2
Paragould: 2-4
FC: 3-3

17-18, Possibly 18-18 after the WC game today. 

Neither of these teams have played very competitive schedules, but it's clear that Batesville has played a more difficult one.  Wynne has nothing to beat their chest about yet.  After all of this, I still believe Wynne will win.

Wynne: 28
Batesville: 17

michael2370

Batesvilles offense is changed this year.  The run game has somewhat been overshadowed by a much improved passing game.  The d line is a bend but don't break approach but they have the best pass defense they have had in years.  Wynne I think win this one but not by a lot.   Wynne 27  Batesville. 17

#1jacketfan

Batesville don't have a clue what's about to happen to them Friday nite....they don't have what it's gonna take to stop Wynne....I only wish we were playing on there turf...so there wouldn't be any excuses when Wynne rolls over them..i don't know if Wynne will hang 50 on them...but I don't think Batesville will score...unless Hill puts the sophomores in!

C-Mac 73

LOL at some of these predictions. I see that some Wynne fans have gotten cocky. Looks like Uncle Ivan has unleashed a bunch of troll offspring from his loins.

Batesville's defense isn't letting Wynne score 50, and the Pioneers aren't getting blown out.

Again, Wynne 34-24. I think that's fair.

Intelligentsia

Quote from: #1jacketfan on October 11, 2014, 04:14:12 pm
Batesville don't have a clue what's about to happen to them Friday nite....they don't have what it's gonna take to stop Wynne....I only wish we were playing on there turf...so there wouldn't be any excuses when Wynne rolls over them..i don't know if Wynne will hang 50 on them...but I don't think Batesville will score...unless Hill puts the sophomores in!

Neither team knows what will happen Friday night - makes it more exciting, don't you think?  Has any Batesville fan mentioned stopping Wynne - I don't recall seeing that post.  I wish we were playing in Batesville as well but the schedule has been fixed for some years.  Home teams do have an advantage - and with these two, the home team has won the past few years.  Wynne won't score unless Batesville has there sophomores in either.

Uncle Ivan

The_Pioneer

I guess the shop class got internet access in Wynne?  Anyone that has watched more than 12 football games knows this series is always tight.  Is it possible Wynne scores 50 and embarrasses Batesville? Sure.  Is it likely?  No.  This is a game Wynne SHOULD and is SUPPOSED to win.  Yellowjacket Nation has been crowing for 6 months how great this team is.  If you don't win big, it will really call into question most of your knowledge and insight of football.  And also you're just not that great a team.  Batesville has nothing to lose in this game.  We're in the playoffs.  We're the decided underdog.  If we lose, oh well.  The key is to get into the playoffs and take care of business when you get there.

walkingguy72396

This is definently Wynnes biggest challange of the season so far. 

Batesville has been getting it done.  With wins over Nettleton and Forrest City. Nettleton who is currently in the drivers seat for the 3 spot.  Forrest City still in line for 3 or 4.

Wynne has played Blytheville, Green County Tech and Valley View.  I believe none of them  scored against the starting D.

Batesville has to score points in the first half.  I will be totally shocked if Wynne gets held to 21 or less in the first half. 

I pick Wynne to win 35-20

Intelligentsia

October 12, 2014, 09:53:02 am #43 Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 09:55:32 am by Intelligentsia
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on October 12, 2014, 02:19:51 am
Quote from: Intelligentsia on October 12, 2014, 12:12:43 amHome teams do have an advantage

Especially in Batesville.

:). Did you read the SI article a couple years ago concerning home team advantage?  Very interesting. Their meta analysis of studies using solid scientific methods concluded a statistically significant relationship between officiating judgment calls and venue.  With outlyers always a possibility, given the influence of crowd noise (which was determined to be the primary influence), and citing related research, researchers posited at the subconscious level, officials tendency to "join the crowd" - a very natural instinct among we humans.  The outlyers, however, can come at any time, eliciting an especially emotional response from the home team.  Conclusion: the more raucous crowd has a slight overall officiating advantage, and as I seem to recall from the article; the more raucous, the more influence.  Bottom line, Wynne will get most of the close calls this week, but there will be a couple that go for Batesville.

ricefarmer

wynne will mercy rule.  plus, all those fb players coming off a slap on the hand suspension for brawling at school.  just in time!  guess the CHiPs are all in now! 

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: ricefarmer on October 12, 2014, 02:48:55 pm
wynne will mercy rule.  plus, all those fb players coming off a slap on the hand suspension for brawling at school.  just in time!  guess the CHiPs are all in now! 

Must be killing you inside.

ricefarmer

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on October 12, 2014, 04:38:08 pm
Quote from: ricefarmer on October 12, 2014, 02:48:55 pm

Must be killing you inside.
just smh

kwwolves2012

Quote from: C-Mac 73 on October 11, 2014, 10:48:00 pm
LOL at some of these predictions. I see that some Wynne fans have gotten cocky. Looks like Uncle Ivan has unleashed a bunch of troll offspring from his loins.

Batesville's defense isn't letting Wynne score 50, and the Pioneers aren't getting blown out.

Again, Wynne 34-24. I think that's fair.

I doubt Coach Hill plays conservative this game. The last game at home against GCT, he let loose and let our QB light up the scoreboard with down field throws. Plus, Wynne gets their leading receiver from last year back, #80. VV only gave up 20 to FC, and Wynne had a 200 yard rusher (in the first half) and 39 points in a wet, nasty game. Once again, Batesville only scored 23 on FC yet they are going to score 24 on Wynne's defense, at home? I don't see that happening. Too much athleticism in the secondary, and Batesville fans have admitted that they have a weakness on the O-Line and at running back.

The_Pioneer

It's settled.  Wynne is completely unbeatable.  It's true because some kid that just recently showed up says.

#1jacketfan

Lol....looks like our good friends from the North are a bit restless....I hope Batesvilles brings something to the field cause I'd like to see a little more interesting game....The Pioneers will be prepared for this game and will bring everything they have...everybody wants to beat a winner....these two teams normally match up well....I just don't know......FC should not have been a match.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas