• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can Magnolia get the 4 spot in the South? They may be the surprise team this year.

Started by 4thandgoal, September 26, 2014, 12:32:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

4thandgoal

GuvHog

IMHO if Magnolia wins at home tonight against White Hall, they have a serious shot at making the playoffs.

4thandgoal

Quote from: GuvHog on September 26, 2014, 09:06:07 am
IMHO if Magnolia wins at home tonight against White Hall, they have a serious shot at making the playoffs.

What about now?

Chughes11

Magnolia is still in the hunt. But we will see if they can match hot springs physicality next week. Should be a good 1

4thandgoal

Quote from: Chughes11 on October 11, 2014, 09:44:34 pm
Magnolia is still in the hunt. But we will see if they can match hot springs physicality next week. Should be a good 1

They slept good Saturday morning. Big win for Magnolia.

Uncle Ivan

Mag very well could, given the overall weakness of that conference.  No stand out team, completely wide open race.

Hoghead

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on October 12, 2014, 02:21:47 am
Mag very well could, given the overall weakness of that conference.  No stand out team, completely wide open race.

Compared to the 5A East the 5A South is the NFC West ! The other 6 teams in the East are so ready to play basketball rumor has it they've asked out of the playoffs.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Hoghead on October 12, 2014, 04:46:59 am

Compared to the 5A East the 5A South is the NFC West ! The other 6 teams in the East are so ready to play basketball rumor has it they've asked out of the playoffs.

Any of those six would be competing for a playoff spot in the South.

And again, there's no stand out team.

Hoghead

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on October 12, 2014, 05:26:43 am
[/q

In your horse apple eating dreams ! You're more delusional than Elvis on a toilet seat !  Paragould, GCT, Nettleton and Valley View couldn't write themselves into a fairy tale about being in the playoffs in the 5A South. But you continue the epileptic embracement of the 5A Weakeast !

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Hoghead on October 12, 2014, 07:37:26 pm

In your horse apple eating dreams ! You're more delusional than Elvis on a toilet seat !  Paragould, GCT, Nettleton and Valley View couldn't write themselves into a fairy tale about being in the playoffs in the 5A South. But you continue the epileptic embracement of the 5A Weakeast !

I called the South being the weakest conference back in the preseason, you know.

Lionheart88

The sad thing is that, after their first two, the Central may well be even weaker than the East.

Hoghead

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on October 12, 2014, 07:49:52 pm

I called the South being the weakest conference back in the preseason, you know.

The lies you believe in are cancerous and comedy laced homerisim at its finest !

Intelligentsia

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on October 12, 2014, 05:26:43 am
[/q

The East 3 & 4 have it tough in the playoff bracket playing the Central 1 & 2 in the first round.  After sending the East teams home in the first round; Central 1 & 2 will then send the South 1 & 2 home in the second round.  In my perfect little world, that will pit Batesville up at home vs Sylvan Hills in the third round with an win providing for a rematch with Wynne at War Memorial.  Dreaming?  Maybe, but that's what makes this time of year so special - especially when you are part of a relatively successful program. 

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Hoghead on October 12, 2014, 08:30:11 pm

The lies you believe in are cancerous and comedy laced homerisim at its finest !

I nailed that prediction. 

I can't help it because I'm good.

Hoghead

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on October 12, 2014, 11:05:45 pm

Stop it, we've been over this before. Half of the teams in the 5A East have never won the 5A East EVER !!!! As in NEVER in school history. Overall win loss playoff record for the other 6 schools is 16-72 !!!! You're no better this year than in other years. For the love of everything that is holy, get a hold of yourself ! This catdog tail chasing thinking of yours is controlable through modern medicine you know. LOL !

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Hoghead on October 13, 2014, 12:52:42 am

Stop it, we've been over this before. Half of the teams in the 5A East have never won the 5A East EVER !!!! As in NEVER in school history. Overall win loss playoff record for the other 6 schools is 16-72 !!!! You're no better this year than in other years. For the love of everything that is holy, get a hold of yourself ! This catdog tail chasing thinking of yours is controlable through modern medicine you know. LOL !

I should've bet some hard cash; I was so sure of the South falling off the quality cliff.

Could've fleeced a number of people.  Suckers.

Hoghead

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on October 13, 2014, 02:00:23 am
Quote from: Hoghead on October 13, 2014, 12:52:42 am

I should've bet some hard cash; I was so sure of the South falling off the quality cliff.

Could've fleeced a number of people.  Suckers.

Check yourself for those last two South losses on Wynne's record. You're one player different from last year. Don't lose ! Please don't lose !
2012 CAMDEN FAIRVIEW 35 WYNNE 21 5A SOUTH TEAM BEATS YOU AT HOME !
2013 HOPE 21  WYNNE 0 5A SOUTH TEAM SHUTS YOU OUT ON THE ROAD !

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Hoghead on October 13, 2014, 02:39:11 am

Check yourself for those last two South losses on Wynne's record. You're one player different from last year. Don't lose ! Please don't lose !

I'm talking about predictions made good, and...you're babbling, I guess.

From right now, it's very possible the South could get swept entirely out in the first round.

Hoghead

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on October 13, 2014, 02:55:14 am

From right now, it's very possible the South could get swept entirely out in the first round.
Speaking of babbling ?  Aint nobody sweeping the South ! 3 & 4 could lose to a set of 1 & 2's. But they're supposed to lose are they not ? But if you're thinking FC & Blytheville are gonna take those death march road trips for wins you're standing on your head too much ! It's East vs West  and South vs Central isn't it in the 1st round ? The Central has some soft serve 3 & 4 teams as well once you get past Sh and PA. The West has Greenbrier for crying out loud !!!

wing

Quote from: Hoghead on October 13, 2014, 03:55:26 am
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on October 13, 2014, 02:55:14 am

[/quo

Speaking of babbling ?  Aint nobody sweeping the South ! 3 & 4 could lose to a set of 1 & 2's. But they're supposed to lose are they not ? But if you're thinking FC & Blytheville are gonna take those death march road trips for wins you're standing on your head too much ! It's East vs West  and South vs Central isn't it in the 1st round ? The Central has some soft serve 3 & 4 teams as well once you get past Sh and PA. The West has Greenbrier for crying out loud !!!

Hoghead, UI sounds like your typical Big 10 fan.

Youngsta71701

I agree that the south is not as strong this year as in years past but the east has never been strong except for Batesville and Wynne. And this year is no exception! We can argue about Wynne and Batesville all we want but to argue about the other teams in the east is ludacris and an absolute waste of time!

Intelligentsia

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on October 13, 2014, 09:41:52 am
I agree that the south is not as strong this year as in years past but the east has never been strong except for Batesville and Wynne. And this year is no exception! We can argue about Wynne and Batesville all we want but to argue about the other teams in the east is ludacris and an absolute waste of time!

I've got nothing but time:). Nettleton is fair this year, and if in the three spot, may have a chance to play Sylvan Hills in the playoffs.  If so, I think they would give them a good game. Don't say the other East teams have NEVER been any good - maybe in recent years, but some FC and Blytheville folks would take issue with never.  BTW, I believe VV will mature into a competitive program within the next five years, maybe sooner.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Intelligentsia on October 13, 2014, 10:28:10 am

I've got nothing but time:). Nettleton is fair this year, and if in the three spot, may have a chance to play Sylvan Hills in the playoffs.  If so, I think they would give them a good game. Don't say the other East teams have NEVER been any good - maybe in recent years, but some FC and Blytheville folks would take issue with never.  BTW, I believe VV will mature into a competitive program within the next five years, maybe sooner.

Ok, you might have a point. Never is a strong word. Well let me ask you this. When is the last time a team not named Batesville or Wynne won the 5A East?

Youngsta71701

Quote from: 4thandgoal on October 11, 2014, 06:26:45 pm
Quote from: GuvHog on September 26, 2014, 09:06:07 am

What about now?

Let's not forget that even with this win, even though it was a big one, Magnolia is still just 1-2 in conference play.

Intelligentsia

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on October 13, 2014, 10:39:16 am

Ok, you might have a point. Never is a strong word. Well let me ask you this. When is the last time a team not named Batesville or Wynne won the 5A East?

Blytheville 2007
FC 2009

Hoghead

[/quo

BLYTHEVILLE & FORREST CITY has a COMBINED PLAYOFF record of 3-33 !!!! Tell me more about the Chicks & Mustangs playoff dominance. Hope has more playoff wins than GCT, FC, Blytheville and Paragould combined ! LOL !  Those 4 5A East Schools are 5-46 in the playoffs. Thats half of the conference !

RamFan06

I'm not convinced that the South is as down this year as everyone seems to think. I think there is just much more competition in the South than any other conference. Every team in the South minus 1(DeQueen) has a realistic shot to get a playoff spot. Not saying that the 3&4 seeds from the south could knock off PA or Sylvan Hills, but I think we will give them a game.

At this point Magnolia has as much of a chance as Chapel, Lakeside or Hope. First 3 will probably be Fairview, Hot Springs and White Hall.

Lionheart88

South 3&4 will face West 1&2.  They'll be across the bracket from Central1&2.

Intelligentsia

Quote from: Hoghead on October 13, 2014, 01:17:50 pm
[/quo

BLYTHEVILLE & FORREST CITY has a COMBINED PLAYOFF record of 3-33 !!!! Tell me more about the Chicks & Mustangs playoff dominance. Hope has more playoff wins than GCT, FC, Blytheville and Paragould combined ! LOL !  Those 4 5A East Schools are 5-46 in the playoffs. Thats half of the conference !

Wipe the slop out of your eyes Porkbelly - I don't recall anyone talking about Blytheville or FC dominance. BTW, we are living in the present chitlin breath, a present that finds Hope without hope:)

GuvHog

Quote from: RamFan06 on October 13, 2014, 02:06:26 pm

I'm not convinced that the South is as down this year as everyone seems to think. I think there is just much more competition in the South than any other conference. Every team in the South minus 1(DeQueen) has a realistic shot to get a playoff spot. Not saying that the 3&4 seeds from the south could knock off PA or Sylvan Hills, but I think we will give them a game.

At this point Magnolia has as much of a chance as Chapel, Lakeside or Hope. First 3 will probably be Fairview, Hot Springs and White Hall.

A lot of different things can and will happen. I had CF as a solid favorite to win the 5A South......until last Friday night. Now, any one of several teams could win it.

RamFan06

Quote from: Lionheart88 on October 13, 2014, 02:13:46 pm
South 3&4 will face West 1&2.  They'll be across the bracket from Central1&2.

Sorry, was mistaken, then they have an even better chance to advance.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: RamFan06 on October 13, 2014, 02:06:26 pmI'm not convinced that the South is as down this year as everyone seems to think.

It is.

It's a lot like the Big 10 West - your top teams are mediocre, the rest just plain bad.

Hoghead

Quote from: Intelligentsia on October 13, 2014, 03:37:16 pm
Quote from: Hoghead on October 13, 2014, 01:17:50 pm
[/quo

Wipe the slop out of your eyes Porkbelly - I don't recall anyone talking about Blytheville or FC dominance. BTW, we are living in the present chitlin breath, a present that finds Hope without hope:)

Check your post !!! YOU referenced both Blytheville and FC in it. Presently, as like at this very moment they have a 3-33 win lost record in the playoffs. I used the two teams YOU REFERENCED
to !!!
As for calling me names, BG has a rule on FF that you can be banned for that. Now, it would behoove you to call me Mr. Hoghead or sir.

Intelligentsia

Lionheart88

Intelligentsia

Lionheart88

Between your original quote of Youngsta and your first response, there's a "[/quo".  Type in "te]" behind it.  That should fix it.

Intelligentsia

ppop

I've gotten a real kick out of reading this thread. It has all that makes me keep coming back to FF (even if I don't post much anymore.) A simple question involving whether a team that has currently won as many games as it did in the last two seasons combined, escalates into a urinating match regarding which conference is the toughest.
My old friend Hoghead jumps in with FACTS (those playoff record numbers that don't lie) while our beloved Ivan is up to his same old pot-stirring antics. Good to see some new players involved, though I miss the witty repartee of the Greenwood crowd.
If Magnolia continues to play the way they did last Friday they have a shot. But, like one of my favorite plasters from Wynne says, "only time will tell."
Carry on.

Hoghead

Quote from: ppop on October 14, 2014, 03:30:40 pm
I've gotten a real kick out of reading this thread. It has all that makes me keep coming back to FF (even if I don't post much anymore.) A simple question involving whether a team that has currently won as many games as it did in the last two seasons combined, escalates into a urinating match regarding which conference is the toughest.
My old friend Hoghead jumps in with FACTS (those playoff record numbers that don't lie) while our beloved Ivan is up to his same old pot-stirring antics. Good to see some new players involved, though I miss the witty repartee of the Greenwood crowd.
If Magnolia continues to play the way they did last Friday they have a shot. But, like one of my favorite plasters from Wynne says, "only time will tell."
Carry on.

+1.7 Million !!!

Intelligentsia

I've gotten a real kick out of reading this thr;e. I. It has all that makes me keep coming back FF (even if I don't post much anymore.) A simple question involving whether a team that has currently won as many games as it did in the last two seasons combined, escalates into a urinating match regarding which conference is the toughest.
Carry on.
[/quote]

I'm happy to have played a part in humoring you; but have done so in an uncomely fashion.  Having become frustrated with his Highness, Hogsomethingorother; I've placed him on my ignor(ance) list, in or not to be tempted to further ruffle his royal feathers.  I love a good discussion, but have been guilty of allowing the arrogant to incite my less seemly side; especially when the arrogance is paired with exceptionally poor grammar.

Hoghead

Quote from: Intelligentsia on October 14, 2014, 04:30:40 pm
I've gotten a real kick out of reading this thr;e. I. It has all that makes me keep coming back FF (even if I don't post much anymore.) A simple question involving whether a team that has currently won as many games as it did in the last two seasons combined, escalates into a urinating match regarding which conference is the toughest.
Carry on.

I'm happy to have played a part in humoring you; but have done so in an uncomely fashion.  Having become frustrated with his Highness, Hogsomethingorother; I've placed him on my ignor(ance) list, in or not to be tempted to further ruffle his royal feathers.  I love a good discussion, but have been guilty of allowing the arrogant to incite my less seemly side; especially when the arrogance is paired with exceptionally poor crammer!
[/quote]

Intelligentsia, are you not the one who just said you're fustrated ? I'm good, you haven't ruffeled my feathers. Never will. Sorry that I ran you off. Stay on ignore and stay mad Bro ! I killed you with FACTS ! Run a long little fella.

Meanwhile in Magnolia.......  The Panthers prepare for a playoff spot showdown with Hot Springs. I'll be in attendence Friday Night at Tommy Holt Stadium. Good luck to all, especially my nephew QB Anthony
Goffigan of the Trojans !!!!!

ppop

I'm happy to have played a part in humoring you; but have done so in an uncomely fashion.  Having become frustrated with his Highness, Hogsomethingorother; I've placed him on my ignor(ance) list, in or not to be tempted to further ruffle his royal feathers.  I love a good discussion, but have been guilty of allowing the arrogant to incite my less seemly side; especially when the arrogance is paired with exceptionally poor grammar.

Most of these long-timers have adopted a "persona". They seldom come across in person as they do on the board. Newer posters tend to take things personally and a few of the regulars like to needle folks a little bit.
When I first joined the board I thought Ivan was the devil. Turns out he's just trying to get in touch with his softer side. He's mellowed a lot from the old days. Hoghead ticked me off at first with his trash talk about Hope "owning" Magnolia (mainly because it was sort of true & I had a son playing for the Panthers at the time.) When I met him, I discovered that instead of a pimp driving a pink Caddy, sipping Colt .45 and eating cracklings, he was a former Navy Chief who had served our country honorably for 20 years. I've met a good number of other posters (and a few coaches who read here) over the years. Almost every experience has been great.
Don't take things so seriously. Learn to laugh at yourself & these goobs too!
Like I said, I keep coming back here to stay in touch, even if I don't post much. I enjoy FF. Stick around, get to know some guys, and don't take them, or yourself, too seriously.
- ppop

Hoghead

Quote from: ppop on October 14, 2014, 07:16:03 pm

Most of these long-timers have adopted a "persona". They seldom come across in person as they do on the board. Newer posters tend to take things personally and a few of the regulars like to needle folks a little bit.
When I first joined the board I thought Ivan was the devil. Turns out he's just trying to get in touch with his softer side. He's mellowed a lot from the old days. Hoghead ticked me off at first with his trash talk about Hope "owning" Magnolia (mainly because it was sort of true & I had a son playing for the Panthers at the time.) When I met him, I discovered that instead of a pimp driving a pink Caddy, sipping Colt .45 and eating cracklings, he was a former Navy Chief who had served our country honorably for 20 years. I've met a good number of other posters (and a few coaches who read here) over the years. Almost every experience has been great.
Don't take things so seriously. Learn to laugh at yourself & these goobs too!
Like I said, I keep coming back here to stay in touch, even if I don't post much. I enjoy FF. Stick around, get to know some guys, and don't take them, or yourself, too seriously.
- ppop

I'm a registered Goob Ppop !

Intelligentsia

Thanks for the post popp.  Likely best I leave him on my ignore list this season.  He can have all the fun with my posts he wants:)

Hoghead

Quote from: Intelligentsia on October 14, 2014, 08:22:23 pm
Thanks for the post popp.  Likely best I leave him on my ignore list this season.  He can have all the fun with my posts he wants:)

I love it ! Sending another one to the showers.  Man I'm good ! Hee Hee !

ppop

Hoghead

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Did he  have one arm and wear a patch over his eye and played drums ?  Its a few of those guys in Greenwood !!!!

ppop

Quote from: Hoghead on October 14, 2014, 09:02:52 pm
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Did he  have one arm and wear a patch over his eye and played drums ?  Its a few of those guys in Greenwood !!!!

Nah, it wasn't RD!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas