• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thanks for the Memories #12...

Started by MA, March 08, 2016, 07:14:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RedWolf275

After watching him for an entire game last night, their is no doubt Reaves ended up at the right school. His improvement since high school is very obvious. Also, Wichita coach Greg Marshall deserves a lot of credit for seeing the potential where other coaches couldn't.

4real

Glad he has prospered. Great story. Wish Arkansas would open their eyes. His parents were solid players back at A State

woopork

I could be wrong, but I really think that in 2 years when he is a senior that he will lead Wichita State on a run in the tourney and Coach Anderson will get a lot of flack. The last three games he's looked like a stud and he still has a ways to go. I'm excited to see Wichita in the tourney this year.

neds

He is fun to watch. I try to catch him every time I see them on TV. Good player, good coach, good team.

Moonshiner

Wichita State will have a lot of fans in Arkansas.  Already have several.
Nolan Didn't recruit in state kids that well and it looks like the trend continues.
He could be helping the Hogs right now, but I agree, he's probably in the best place for him.

Ctucker

Just a FYI Austin Reaves and the Shockers will be on ESPN at 3 today!

Head Lion

Do Cedar Ridge fans just sit around and watch old game film now???

drybones

Quote from: Ctucker on February 18, 2018, 08:31:46 am
Just a FYI Austin Reaves and the Shockers will be on ESPN at 3 today!
He played a good game today. Good win for the Shockers.
(Real classy HL)

Head Lion

I'm a huge Austin fan, great kid & great player. Their program has been pretty pathetic since tho.

Ctucker

Quote from: Head Lion on February 18, 2018, 06:30:00 pm
Do Cedar Ridge fans just sit around and watch old game film now???
Have no ideal not from Cedar! But they probally sit around and admire their 3 championships trophys! Maybe when y'all and us get 3 we can do that! Why even bring that up does it make you feel better for them to be bad now! He is a classy kid and he would probably rather you not admire him if your going to bash his alma mater right after you say it

Head Lion

Quote from: Ctucker on February 18, 2018, 08:04:07 pm
Have no ideal not from Cedar! But they probally sit around and admire their 3 championships trophys! Maybe when y'all and us get 3 we can do that! Why even bring that up does it make you feel better for them to be bad now! He is a classy kid and he would probably rather you not admire him if your going to bash his alma mater right after you say it
Yall are taking this the wrong way, he was an incredible player. My question is who was in charge of their youth programs trying to find & develop the next one to keep a proud program going?

Moonshiner

Quote from: Head Lion on February 18, 2018, 08:15:42 pm
Yall are taking this the wrong way, he was an incredible player. My question is who was in charge of their youth programs trying to find & develop the next one to keep a proud program going?

Let it go man.  Just let it go.

Ctucker

February 18, 2018, 08:20:36 pm #112 Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 08:22:24 pm by Ctucker
Ok my bad! Sorry I took it wrong my apologies.

Head Lion

Man, I love to watch Austin & hopes he makes All American. Wichita St & Greg Marshall were the perfect fit for him. It is sad to see championship programs just go to winning 4-5 games a year. I've coached the kids here in Manila for 35 years & no we haven't won it all. We do try to keep the pipeline full & moving along. Just finished a sweep of jr & sr hi district. But shoot I'm a huge AR fan!

Head Lion

Apologies as well, it was a little disrespectful

Ctucker

Me too I love teams with tradition!

dentist15

Quote from: Head Lion on February 18, 2018, 08:25:32 pm
Man, I love to watch Austin & hopes he makes All American. Wichita St & Greg Marshall were the perfect fit for him. It is sad to see championship programs just go to winning 4-5 games a year. I've coached the kids here in Manila for 35 years & no we haven't won it all. We do try to keep the pipeline full & moving along. Just finished a sweep of jr & sr hi district. But shoot I'm a huge AR fan!

Amen. Lots of really good programs and really good coaches, that have produced many good ball players, that haven't ever won it all. Sometimes a really good team with State Champion level talent just has a bad game, which in a one-and-done state tournament means no second chances (though up until 2006-2007, 2A (which is where a good number of the current 3A teams used to play) sent only the top 2 from each region to State, so it was even harder to make it to State. Whereas now, the top 4 from each region get to go to State, and teams can lose two games at regionals and still make it to State)

neds

Another good game in a win over SMU

CoolBreeze

Quote from: neds on February 24, 2018, 07:26:18 pm
Another good game in a win over SMU
Reeves played a good 1st half. didn't do much in the second.

Ctucker

Austin ask for and got release from witchita state so he can transfer.

Brian G

Though ARK is one of the teams rumored, there are reports he has already told them no.

I think OU is the clubhouse leader.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: B.G. on April 19, 2018, 08:43:00 pm
Though ARK is one of the teams rumored, there are reports he has already told them no.

Probably wants to go somewhere that has offensive plays.

beach bum

Quote from: Ctucker on April 19, 2018, 06:12:37 pm
Austin ask for and got release from witchita state so he can transfer.

I am actually very surprised by this. I thought he and Wichita State were a good fit. I hope he finds somewhere else that works out for him.

beach bum

Quote from: Ned_Flanders on March 09, 2016, 09:15:16 am
He is reminding me of Michael freakin Jordan the way you people talk about him.   Geezzz. Give it up already.   I'm sure he is good but dang!!!   That's all we have read about ALL YEAR LONG!

I forgot about your idiotic posts such as these....

Ctucker

Quote from: beach bum on April 20, 2018, 01:14:59 pm
I am actually very surprised by this. I thought he and Wichita State were a good fit. I hope he finds somewhere else that works out for him.
Me too don't know what's going on but there is 4 other guys transferring to so I don't know

beach bum

April 20, 2018, 02:48:23 pm #125 Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 02:50:16 pm by beach bum
Quote from: Ctucker on April 20, 2018, 02:46:42 pm
Me too don't know what's going on but there is 4 other guys transferring to so I don't know

I just took a look myself and did not realize they had 4 guys transferring along with a bunch of good seniors leaving too. It's looking like Wichita State may have been headed for some serious struggles and this was a reactionary thing by him. If so under the circumstances of all that I understand why he is leaving.

bobcats

Quote from: Ctucker on April 20, 2018, 02:46:42 pm

According to "The Sunflower", there are 3 other than Reaves and 2 of the 3 are walk ons.  None of them besides Reaves played any appreciable minutes.

neds

I wish him the best.
That said, I don't think Arkansas is a good fit for him.
I could see him fitting in at OU if that happens BG

RTF

OU a much better fit than Arkansas for his style of play. Good luck to the kid.

Brian G

Quote from: B.G. on April 19, 2018, 08:43:00 pm

OU it is.

RedWolf275

This is good news. He can use the year off to hone his skills and have two years left at Oklahoma.

RTF

OU a much better fit for him than The Hogs. Glad he chose them.

Oh and GO HOGS!!

baseball13

Anyone know why he left Witcha State? What happened there?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas