• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fayetteville vs Conway boys

Started by ar basketball fan, November 18, 2014, 11:21:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ar basketball fan

Did anyone get a chance to see the Conway Fayetteville game.....how did the teams match up?

Brian G

I was there.  Conway led around 20-9 late first.  FHS slowly whittled the lead down and had took a lead in the third.  They got it up to around 8, but Conway came back to tie the game very late.  FHS scored with under a minute and held on.

Big guy for Conway scored and player well. I thought Ellis? played well. Conway was balanced. FHS hit a few shots and Willis had over 20.  I am unfamiliar with CHS and if they are missing players  FHS has two bigs that are not done with football.

Good opener for both teams.  Good crowd as other teams and coaches showed up

ar basketball fan

Ellis is my son, this is his first time getting up and down the court since getting pins and cast removed from his shooting hand two weeks ago. I wasn't able to make it. So I wanted an honest opinion.  I heard when Conway went up the coach tried to rest the starters. ....... I think if limit action shows any indication of where Ellis is, when he gets more court time with his team he'll be tough.

Brian G

You could see real "bursts" from him.  I like his game. I don't read a ton into early W/L for teams.  Coaches experiment with combinations looking for things.  Conway just as easily could have won.

FHS missed some FT's an CHS made theirs to close the gap down the stretch.

A steal with just 15 seconds or so by CHS could have tied it but a good DEF play by FHS with a block and rebound of the block which led to a breakaway sealed it.

ar basketball fan

Thanks for your assessment of the game. ..... were you just aspectator or watching your kid

Brian G

Spectator.  I see all the FHS boys games.

ar basketball fan

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas