• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Division I Signees

Started by Rumspringer, March 07, 2014, 01:22:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rumspringer

I have heard that NLR has at least one signee but was curious as to other schools in the tournament with Division I signees.

Hobosguts32

As of right now...well nobody. At least not in 7A West...

Razorback Red

NLR is loaded with 4 D1 players.  Van Buren has 1, Springdale has 1 or 2, Fayetteville has 2 (1 football) and Bentonville has 1, maybe 2.  I don't know a lot about Northside, but I'm sure they have 1 or 2. 

Most of these guys are underclassmen, so they are not committed yet. 

Hobosguts32

Basketball wise, Van Burens Sophomore Mitchell Smith, Fayettevilles Sophomore Payton Willis, Springdales Juniors Tyreke Eckwood and possibly Chris Owens, and Bentonville's Sophomores Malik Monk and Tyrik Dixon.

Hobosguts32

But none of them are committed obviously because they're all underclassmen.

DerekOxford

Quote from: Hobosguts32 on March 08, 2014, 11:36:42 am
Basketball wise, Van Burens Sophomore Mitchell Smith, Fayettevilles Sophomore Payton Willis, Springdales Juniors Tyreke Eckwood and possibly Chris Owens, and Bentonville's Sophomores Malik Monk and Tyrik Dixon.

Of that list, Smith and Monk are the only two that have a chance of playing D1 without serious development. All of them are great high school players, but playing major college basketball is a different story.

Hobosguts32

I'm not talking MAJOR...I'm talking low D1 for Dixon and Eckwood and Owens.

For Willis, I'm interested to see how he develops....

A-Good-One

Nick Smith was low DI at Bentonville last year. Willis, Eckwood, Dixon and Owens aren't on Nick Smith's level yet. Or even close. That said, Smith didn't look like a DI player his sophomore year, either.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas