• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Whose going to be good in boys & girls this year?

Started by razorbackhog, July 25, 2014, 08:21:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorbackhog

Who all will be good in 2A in boys and girls this year?  Maybe put a top 5 or 10 together. Let's hear your thoughts.

Basketballfan13

Grizzlyfive0

Junction City is going to be good, they should compete for the title

Cheek

BoxNOne

I figure Earle will be in the mix in boys. Maarmaduke is probably the favorite in girls.

Cheek

The boys top five should be Junction City, Clarendon, England, BIC and Earle.

The girls top five  should be Marmaduke, England, Johnson County Westside, Marked Tree and Magnet Cove.

BoxNOne

Cheek, I am not knocking your poll at all but I know a little about teams in NEA. I don't think BIC boys or Marked Tree girls are top five material. BIC suffered some serious losses to graduation and a rising sophomore starter to be transferred. MT girls only lost one starter but she will be a huge loss for them IMO.

BigLion10

No doubt Earle boys will be there they are always in contention come state tourbament rime

North Face

The 2A State Tournament this next year will alot of fun to watch.

razorbackhog

I would say Marmaduke girls are a favorite but what other teams in the state can give them a run?  Any out of NWA going to be any good?  Could a Salem or a team like BIC make it to the dance and make a run?

BigMan15

earle is going to be pretty good....i dont think they lost much from last year and they were good in 3a last year

Cheek

Quote from: razorbackhog on July 26, 2014, 08:42:21 pm
I would say Marmaduke girls are a favorite but what other teams in the state can give them a run?  Any out of NWA going to be any good?  Could a Salem or a team like BIC make it to the dance and make a run?

England girls have a very good chance to win 2A the next two years. 

BigLion10

England girls have a good shot if they play like they did in cabot only lost to NLR by 4 and beat some other big schools

MomaLion

Clarendon boys have lost 0 starters from last years runner up team and have done some AAU ball in the off season so they should be back and ready to show out.

bdubyab60

JC, Earle and Clarendon will be in the mix for sure.

Others that will be in the mix. EPC (new coach will have to see how it goes), BIC yeah they have had a tough off season but Taylor can get it done, White County they ran out of gas against Augusta but if they some of that size coming back they should be tough. Riverside has a good returning core. Blevins, im not sure how much they lost but they were a team that had finally made the turn.

Im sure there are more that have some good returning parts.

Cheek

England only lost one starter off a semi-final team.  They also move up a group of Sophmores who were undefeated in Jr.  High, and also add a Sr. post player who missed last season.  I do not know what everyone listed above has coming back, but England did not lose to any of them last year.

BigLion10

2a will be wide open this year that's for sure

bdubyab60

Quote from: Cheek on July 28, 2014, 08:35:46 pm
England only lost one starter off a semi-final team.  They also move up a group of Sophmores who were undefeated in Jr.  High, and also add a Sr. post player who missed last season.  I do not know what everyone listed above has coming back, but England did not lose to any of them last year.
Thought England was senior heavy thats why I didnt mention them. If they got that muchj returning then thye should be up there with Clarendon, JC and Earle. How many of the teams mentioned did they beat?

Should be a fun year in the 2A.

Cheek

NWA Hawg

razorbackhog

When answering please refer to boys or girls. Are you talking about England boys or girls, ETC girls, Earle boys or girls. I saw BIC boys and girls play the last couple of weeks and they both look good. Girls team has added defense to already good offense. Coach Taylor has his boys ready as always. Earle will definitely be good in boys.

bdubyab60

Talking about Boys. Marmaduke girls should be good.

Cheek

England Boy in my last post, but the girls will be top five.

Hogfan167

Bay beat BIC boys by 30 in team camp. Of course that is team camp and things could change.

bdubyab60

Bay is loaded and also not 2A. Even though they would hang with any team in 2A

Elvis

Dang even with those players BIC stole from Buster over at Riverside, and they still got took to the wood shed!!!!! ???

BoxNOne

Only one good basketball player from Riverside at BIC and he is ninth grader. Bay is going to walk through 1A as they should. Still shouldn't be crushing an upper tier 2A team even in team camp. Even with maybe the best coach in 2a, I think BIC is down from last year.

bdubyab60

BIC doesn't have the shooters they used to that's for sure. Think Bat started 3 freshmen a lot of games last year. I'm thinking BIC will finish 3 or 4 on the boys side of the 3.
As for Bay I think anything short of a finals appearance for them in 1a will be a disappointment. They probably shouldn't beat another top tier team by 30 but they have the capability to with the way they can shoot the ball

Grizzlyfive0

Quote from: bdubyab60 on July 30, 2014, 12:35:27 pm
Bay is loaded and also not 2A. Even though they would hang with any team in 2A
Bay can play with and beat any team 5A and below in the state. They are stacked!

razorbackhog

Why is Bay in the discussion of the 2A forum?  They are good but not 2A.  Did Mountain burg girls and Brinkley girls lose alot?  From what I have seen this summer in team camps in girls BIC might be a great cinderella team.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: razorbackhog on July 30, 2014, 10:26:29 pm
Why is Bay in the discussion of the 2A forum?  They are good but not 2A.  Did Mountain burg girls and Brinkley girls lose alot?  From what I have seen this summer in team camps in girls BIC might be a great cinderella team.

I think Mountainburg has graduated all the contributors they've had the past few years....might still be solid in their region, but doubt they contend at a state level..

chickasaw fan

BIC Girls??? They are not any good!! Armorel beat them in an early  team camp!! The 9th grader Armorel had playing done work on them .

razorbackhog

Are you sure that BIC and Armored have played in camp this summer. I have seen BIC play and beat Rector, Manila, Wynne, Gosnell and Osceola. That 8 with their new coach on board. Looked very athletic and physical. I think if they continue to develop the style I saw them play they could be and could is the key word be a cinderella team in 2A girls this year.

chickasaw fan

MSHS FAn

Blevins wont be as good but Mineral Springs will be one heck of a team! If they play as a team! Whatever starting five they have will be able to score and the second five will be able to score! Even some of the third stringers can play! They will be a very very very deep team!!!

Basketballfan13

Quote from: razorbackhog on July 31, 2014, 10:15:21 pm
Are you sure that BIC and Armored have played in camp this summer. I have seen BIC play and beat Rector, Manila, Wynne, Gosnell and Osceola. That 8 with their new coach on board. Looked very athletic and physical. I think if they continue to develop the style I saw them play they could be and could is the key word be a cinderella team in 2A girls this year.
Rector lost all but the Sophmore player from last year and will be towards the bottom half of their conference, Manilla lost all but one player, Wynne might be the worst 5A school in the state...not sure much about Gosnell and Osceola. BIC girls shouldn't be bad but I would call them average maybe slightly above average at best.

Yak

Blevins has lost a lot of there starters. My pick for boys-JC, Clarendon, Earle, and maybe Charleston. Girls-England, Marmaduke, Magnet Cove, JC Westside. I have been to a few camps this summer and for the 2A Magnet Cove girls look very good, Mineral Springs girls are athletic. I have watched some AAU games this summer as well, and some of the boys that played were in different classifications, and there appears to be some great boys basketball ahead for this year!

BoxNOne

HorseFeathers

razorbackhog

"100% sure!! It was at the BIC camp."

Was this before the new coach was hired?  I saw them after the new coach got hired.  Just think they will surprise some people this year and I believe they will make it to state this year. 

BoxNOne

I don't think it will be a surprise if BIC girls make state. In my opinion, it would be a disappointment if they don't make state. They are a senior laden team that returns most of their key parts from last year. They also get a starter back who missed most of last year. Added to this is the fact that Rector will be way down as well as Riverside lost there best two players and Marked Tree lost their best player. Earle will be pretty good but BIC should be #2 in conference IMO.

bdubyab60

Quote from: BoxNOne on August 04, 2014, 06:00:16 pm
I don't think it will be a surprise if BIC girls make state. In my opinion, it would be a disappointment if they don't make state. They are a senior laden team that returns most of their key parts from last year. They also get a starter back who missed most of last year. Added to this is the fact that Rector will be way down as well as Riverside lost there best two players and Marked Tree lost their best player. Earle will be pretty good but BIC should be #2 in conference IMO.
Not sure about state but should at least contend with Marmaduke for the conference crown. After duke, Earle and BIC the girls 3 should be pretty clustered up id think.

razorbackhog

I think that the 2A North in girls will be more competitive than what some think. I feel that BIC and Earle will give Marmaduke a run. Yes Marmaduke is right now the supreme team and should win the conference but I also can see those 3 girls teams going deep into postseason play. Rector will be better than what a lot think. Can never count out a Matt Dean team.

Oh and by the way chickasaw fan you are right Armorel did beat BIC in June at camp. That was without 4 of BIC's  starters.

BoxNOne

My personal opinion is that Marmaduke won't lose in the conference. Everybody back and adding a couple of good jr high players. I also wouldn't have Rector in my top five in the conference. As always though,anything can happen.

Basketballfan13

Quote from: razorbackhog on August 10, 2014, 02:39:18 pm
I think that the 2A North in girls will be more competitive than what some think. I feel that BIC and Earle will give Marmaduke a run. Yes Marmaduke is right now the supreme team and should win the conference but I also can see those 3 girls teams going deep into postseason play. Rector will be better than what a lot think. Can never count out a Matt Dean team.

Oh and by the way chickasaw fan you are right Armorel did beat BIC in June at camp. That was without 4 of BIC's  starters.
Maybe they will surprise us. But I'm going to go out on a limb and say Marmaduke beats BIC, Earle, and Rector by 20 plus almost every time they play this year. I'm sure one will come close in one game, but I still say Marmaduke goes undefeated. I'll pick Rector to finish 5th this year, with Riverside taking that 4th spot.

redrider30

Marmaduke girls will go undefeated in conference. They are very deep and have all but one player back including a move in from GCT. Their 3rd string could probably compete for the conference and regional title. BIC, Earle, Riverside should get to the regional and possibly state since Cedar Ridge moved to 3A the only team in other conference that is descent is Salem. It should be interesting in the 2A-3 for spots 2-4.
Oh and one more prediction Marmaduke beats Rector by at least 40 + this year and that's if Smith lets off the gas! A lot of teams better hope he's in a good mood this year.

bdubyab60

razorbackhog

Marmaduke is a favorite or maybe the outright favorite to win the whole thing in the 2A girls this year.  I just think that the 2A-3 will be a stronger conference this year than what some think.  It was strong last year but I think that that conference could take 3 of the 4 spots from that regional for state.  Earl will be very athletic and that is a tough place to play and BIC will be good although there are a lot of question marks as to how they will be with out Fowler on the sidelines.  Can the new guy be successful?

BrianfromCarlisle

Clarendon Boys should be in the title hunt again this year

Basketballfan13

Quote from: razorbackhog on August 22, 2014, 01:13:17 pm
Marmaduke is a favorite or maybe the outright favorite to win the whole thing in the 2A girls this year. I just think that the 2A-3 will be a stronger conference this year than what some think.  It was strong last year but I think that that conference could take 3 of the 4 spots from that regional for state.  Earl will be very athletic and that is a tough place to play and BIC will be good although there are a lot of question marks as to how they will be with out Fowler on the sidelines.  Can the new guy be successful?
They might surprise me and prove me wrong. But this was a down conference last year compared to years past, and it should be worse this year. Marmaduke is still Marmaduke, but there is no dominant Rector team like the past few years. Marked tree has been a handful the past few years, but now they only have the post player. BIC has a lot to prove. Riverside is counting on a few freshman they moved up to compete for a chance to make regionals...just don't see it being a tough conference.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas