• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 2A GIRLS CHAMPIONSHIP FINAL: Spring Hill 67 Mountainburg 44

Started by Brian G, March 15, 2014, 12:20:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian G

Brian G

1st  2nd  3rd   4th  Total
Mountainburg  11    12    12     9     44
Spring Hill       21    20    11    15    67

Mbhs-g       Shhs-g
Field goals       15-44 34.1%   26-57 45.6%
3-point FGs          3-7 42.9%   3-16 18.8%
Free throws       11-15 73.3%   12-18 66.7%
Reb (O-D)            30 (10-20)   36 (14-22)
Turnovers               19             16
Last FG              4th-03:39   4th-01:06
Large lead             none      23 (4th-01:06)

Brian G

Spring Hill (35-0) 

Player   FG 3FG FT Reb  A  F Pts
10 NANCE, Jamie  * 8-12 0-0 2-4 13 1 1 18
11 KNOX, Lacy  * 2-9 0-1 3-4 4 0 3 7
13 MEDINA, Rachel  * 9-17 2-8 4-5 6 2 3 24
20 McMASTER, Claire  * 6-11 1-4 3-3 6 3 3 16
25 YOCUM, Bailey  * 0-3 0-0 0-0 0 1 3 0
04 ROBERTS, Jesse  0-0 0-0 0-2 1 0 0 0
12 KIDD, Lilli   0-1 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0
14 PLANT, Julie  0-0 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0
15 KIDD, Lakyn   0-0 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0
21 ORR, Sydney  0-0 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0
22 WARD, Kaitlyn   1-3 0-2 0-0 3 2 1 2
23 KIDD, Mallory   0-1 0-1 0-0 0 0 2 0
24 BRADEN, Lindsey  0-0 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0
30 COLLINS, Cheyenne  0-0 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0
31 MARTIN, Macie   0-0 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0

Mountainburg (32-3) 

Player   FG 3FG FT Reb  A  F Pts
05 ROSS, Colette  * 0-1 0-0 0-1 0 0 1 0
10 WEBB, Tara  * 7-15 0-0 7-9 5 2 3 21
11 BARTON, Tianna  * 0-1 0-0 0-0 1 1 3 0
20 PETERS, Auburn  * 5-12 0-1 0-0 11 3 4 10
23 MOORE, Kaylyn  * 3-15 3-6 4-4 1 0 2 13
01 MANN, Carly  0-0 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0
03 BECKER, Lauren  0-0 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0
12 BEASLEY, Lillian  0-0 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0
21 WEBB, Kristen   0-0 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0
24 HOBSON, Brianna  0-0 0-0 0-0 2 0 0 0
32 METCALF, Katelyn  0-0 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0
42 PENSE, Autumn   0-0 0-0 0-1 2 0 2 0

Attendance: 2341

HOOPSTER

Ok people! I told you so! Anymore advice on basketball just ask!! Now, are u ready for some football!

BoxNOne

Hoopster, you hit this nail right on the head! No matter where the players came from or the strength  of the field in 2a girls this year, SH was clearly the dominate team.

HOOPSTER

Thank you. Truth is I don't know jack about girls BB other than the regional tournament was in Gurdon and I watched them make every other team look like seventh graders and seen them in first round of state tournament do same thing. I'm really glad it's over. And our girls Basketball program is not very good. I'm really more of a football fan.

Lions84

Steves68Nova

Congratulations to the ladies of the Spring Hill High School. They played a great game and deserved the win.

One thing I will say though. There is a large difference in basketball in the northern part of the state and in the southern part. The girls from Spring Hill just manhandled the girls from Mountainburg. There was no way the girls at Spring Hill would have been unbeaten in a northern league. The starters would not last the first half. I have been around basketball long enough to know this is how some teams play, but you have to have the officials that will let you play that way. Up north they do not allow playing like that. There was not a layup by MB that was not challenged by SH that while the hands were straight up, the body was pushing the hip. The Mountainburg girls were just not ready for that. Maybe its the coaches fault or the players fault. But there is a clear difference in officiating in the north and south. Some very great players on that SH team. Congratulations again. Congratulations to the Mountainburg girls too. They have nothing to hang their heads about. They played them tough and never gave up. Runner-up in the state finals out of 64 teams in the state is pretty darn good. If they had hit half of the layups they missed there would have been a different outcome.

Hope to see you guys again next year.

OwlsR1

Last time I checked Marmaduke is from the North and we are not as near as physical as they were...must not be much in Northwest AR as far as competition or physical play, there are plenty of teams in that area in classes above they could have given you more competition in that area...dang...I will have to say though, Mt Burgs defense was some of the better we faced all year.  There were reasons for a lot of the missed layups...fear of getting it blocked....anyway both teams had a good years...congrats to the Lady Bears...been awesome watching you girls finally get that Championship.

BoxNOne

Sweet

plug

BoxNOne

OwlsR1

plug

Timberwolf08

Quote from: Steves68Nova on March 15, 2014, 07:43:38 pm
Congratulations to the ladies of the Spring Hill High School. They played a great game and deserved the win.

One thing I will say though. There is a large difference in basketball in the northern part of the state and in the southern part. The girls from Spring Hill just manhandled the girls from Mountainburg. There was no way the girls at Spring Hill would have been unbeaten in a northern league. The starters would not last the first half. I have been around basketball long enough to know this is how some teams play, but you have to have the officials that will let you play that way. Up north they do not allow playing like that. There was not a layup by MB that was not challenged by SH that while the hands were straight up, the body was pushing the hip. The Mountainburg girls were just not ready for that. Maybe its the coaches fault or the players fault. But there is a clear difference in officiating in the north and south. Some very great players on that SH team. Congratulations again. Congratulations to the Mountainburg girls too. They have nothing to hang their heads about. They played them tough and never gave up. Runner-up in the state finals out of 64 teams in the state is pretty darn good. If they had hit half of the layups they missed there would have been a different outcome.

Refs in the north let a ton of body fouls go...and SH put 80 on a team from the north in 3 quarters who lost to our girls by 5, 2 and 1 in three meetings and until Marmaduke, who SH thrashed, beat the CR girls by single digits. They'd be undefeated wherever they were. Also, even if your point about the calling was accurate, great teams like SH acclimate. Congrats, Lady Bears, and good luck next year!

DragonFan

Congratulations to the Springhill girls basketball team for a great undefeated (35-0) season and the AA girls state championship!

Congratulations also to the Mountainburg girls basketball season for a great season (32-3)!  This group of seniors are a combined 144-13 from their 7th through 12th grade basketball seasons with three (3) consecutive appearances in the state tournament - semi-finals, quarter-finals, and finals.

ak58

So Spring Hill can beat the best team in the north by 28 points but "wouldn't go undefeated in a northern league." That doesn't make much since to me

DragonFan

Never said that, Springhill might have gone undefeated in any conference in Arkansas.  In my opinion though, the toughest conference in girls is typically the 2A-3.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Timberwolf08 on March 18, 2014, 03:13:06 pm
Quote from: Steves68Nova on March 15, 2014, 07:43:38 pm

Refs in the north let a ton of body fouls go...and SH put 80 on a team from the north in 3 quarters who lost to our girls by 5, 2 and 1 in three meetings and until Marmaduke, who SH thrashed, beat the CR girls by single digits. They'd be undefeated wherever they were. Also, even if your point about the calling was accurate, great teams like SH acclimate. Congrats, Lady Bears, and good luck next year!
SH was simply the team to beat this year. I saw them last year at Marmaduke and new they were good. Also new they would push Marmaduke last year and they did. I didnt get to see the game but after seeing both last year I still thought Marmaduke was the better team last year. As for this year the North was down some every team in the 2A-3 lost big time starters to graduation and some lost players to injuries before the tourneys started. But just judging by scores and seeing what SH did this year the North just wasnt going to beat them. No matter the conference they would have been in they would have won that conference pretty handily IMO.

TheKoozie

Congrats to Sping Hill on winning state! They were the best girls team I have ever seen in high school! I talked to several fans and y'all were so nice. Even talked a lot of y'all into rooting for CR so that's always a plus! Lol. After the sportsmanship y'all showed the whole tournament and staying late in Hampton to root for us, I will always be a Spring Hill fan!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas